PDA

View Full Version : Illnesses and viruses galore.

Lunafreya Fleuret
03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
We've all had our illnesses. What's the worst one you've had? Tell what it was and describe it's symptoms; etc.

I'll go ahead and state one I have now. Actually I have two so it's kinda like one. But whatev. I've got Strep/Flu. A ton of coughing, trouble speaking, moving; etc. Very sluggish in the mornings. .. And obscenely up all night due to hanging over fevers. How terrific.

With the flu it's just stomach problems, chest pains, sneezing. And all that other good stuff.

Why I have it.. I have no clue. o_O' Probably from something I may have touched or something I might have done. ... Or maybe it's from when my cousin sneezed in my face. He was sick at the time too..

Brewmaster
03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Well i will say the one that i had this week and it still lasts.
I am not sure what it is but i guess it is flu.To much coughing,terrible pain in the throat(i had to take some really strong medications to ease the pain), pain in the head,eyes,teeth,stomach whole body.It is hard for me to move,talk,even think rationally.I hardly eat anything.It is hard for me to see and i had a temperature of about 38.4 C
Eh well now i am feeling much better but still filling myself with medications. -shrugs-

Chaos Proxy
03-16-2008, 02:53 PM
A headace.

Everything around me seemed in slow motion, and it lasted for a whole afternoon.
It was years ago though, luckily I'm rarely sick.

[I don't think I've ever had any serious illness..yet] o_x

███
03-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Migraines, these are the serious type that usually make me end up in the hospital.

shadow slayer x
03-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I think I had an illness once where I kept on passing out he whole week....it was either an illness or some kind of pill that I kept on taking that wasn't ment for me.....

Either way, I ended up in the hospital with a temp of almost I think 120? Dunno, but it felt like I had a bad hangover after everything passed -_-;

CRAP DOUBLE POST SORRY!!!!!

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-16-2008, 07:59 PM
The worst illness I've ever had was back when I was 7-8 years old. I started to burn up and sweat profusely. I don't remember details, but I know I cired though. I don't know what it was. And I ended up going to the hospital for it, and got better. I even received an Elmo stuffed animal for being such a brave little boy! I also got a bad case of Hives when I was the same age. It was so horiblle, and it looked worse than I can describe it, so I won't. It took a month and a lot of cream and meds to get rid of my seemingly never ending rash.

-Kitsune-
03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I'd have to say the time when I had a combination of an ear infection, sinus infection, and stomch flu. WORST WEEK OF MY LIFE T.T I had to take like 3 antibiotics per day and every ten minutes I was throwing up again from the stomach flu -.- Plus my whole head was throbbing from the sinus infection and the ear infection made me really dizzy and I couldn't keep my balance. Pure torture.

~*Red*~
03-16-2008, 10:24 PM
I get a lot of colds and I have had hayfever for the last few days too.

Fabala
03-17-2008, 12:41 AM
I had a strep infection for something like 5-6 months straight years ago =/ It got to the point where my doctor thought she heard an abnormality in my heart. As long-term or untreated strep infections can actually move to the heart and kill, I was admitted into the hospital for 11 days while they tried to knock it out of me.

Many painful tests later my strep count was HIGHER than when I'd gone in (on IV penicillin @.@), and they had determined I had a mild heart murmur. Really, if they'd had the pediatrician see me in the first place I would have been out of there in a day, but everyone seemed to think I was older than I was (11, as I recall) and treated me like an adult. I was even placed on the adult floor o.O; Go figure. The pediatrician seemed puzzled by the fuss, because murmurs in young girls is actually really common.

Anyway, it was another few months after that when the infection finally died away. I ended up with a tutor because I'd missed so much school =/

None of the above
03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I had a strep infection for something like 5-6 months straight years ago =/ It got to the point where my doctor thought she heard an abnormality in my heart. As long-term or untreated strep infections can actually move to the heart and kill, I was admitted into the hospital for 11 days while they tried to knock it out of me.

Many painful tests later my strep count was HIGHER than when I'd gone in (on IV penicillin @.@), and they had determined I had a mild heart murmur. Really, if they'd had the pediatrician see me in the first place I would have been out of there in a day, but everyone seemed to think I was older than I was (11, as I recall) and treated me like an adult. I was even placed on the adult floor o.O; Go figure. The pediatrician seemed puzzled by the fuss, because murmurs in young girls is actually really common.

Anyway, it was another few months after that when the infection finally died away. I ended up with a tutor because I'd missed so much school =/

Now that was luck in bad luck.

I do hope allergies count as diseases, since in May... with all the pollen and dust I can get to the hospital IF I don't take my medication.

The worst thing I remember was the Asthma Crisis at the yound age of 10 years. Was coughing and barely breathing for a month before I landed in the hospital. No one around me could really sleep for more than 10 minutes, I was waking them up with my loud coughing.

sa5m
03-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I had pneumonia when I was around seven.

Currently I'm fighting bronchitis. -_-

Dxon
03-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Do neuro illnesses count too? (replace neuro with normal mind word)
If so. Autism...
If not. Regular flu. :)

Zelly
03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I had chicken pox. Then I had what's called shingles, which is like the matured version of the virus last summer. Uck. It was quite horrid. I had to take mass amounts of antibiotics to get rid of it. Itched like freaking crazy.

Then I had this thing where I couldn't eat without throwing up. Everyone decided that I had bulimia. O.O Ugh.

Dxon
03-17-2008, 03:18 PM
O yeaaah... I forgot I had chicken pox. :p
Chicken pox is worse than regular flu. :D

Perpetual Specter
03-17-2008, 03:35 PM
One of the worst illnesses I had was some unknown virus. I had a very high fever of around 104°, had an irregular heart-beat, slight nausea, moderate dehydration, sore throat, and dizzyness or loss of coordination. I blacked out while walking to the bathroom for a few minutes when I had it once. Fortunately, Mom drove me to the emergency clinic as soon as she noticed the severity of it which didn't take too long at all. x_x;

xXA.N.I.M.EXx
03-17-2008, 08:04 PM
i have never been sick enough to go to the hospital....the worst i had was when i had the Flu with all of these symptoms: Fever, Headache, Extreme tiredness, Dry cough, and Stomach ache.....i think i had Sore Throat also, but i don't remember....

Wio
03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Just get AVG 7.5 Free Anti-virus (and perhaps spybot if you're extra cautious). I really don't have problems with viruses.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I was turned into a newt.

I got better.

Fabala
03-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Oh, be more original ;p What's so bad about a newt, anyway? I loved playing with them when I was little. Go for a naked molerat or something.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh, be more original ;p What's so bad about a newt, anyway? I loved playing with them when I was little. Go for a naked molerat or something.

Lack of opposible thumbs, for one. Being afraid of every snake and bird, for two.

iRevo
03-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Right now I have a mixture of illnessess...
I dont know what it is but here are the symptoms:

Runny nose, sore throat, low self-estemm, confusion, snezzing, occasional coughing, and amny more.

and no its not allergies.....uuurrgghh

homie
03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
i never really gotten really sick in my life yet , just the worst headache i ever had ...came home one day after working out and my head just hurted , my head felt hella hot and beating in my brain as if i had a heart in it :banghead: ...but i had a cold when i was woking out so i think that triggered it...
it just lasted about half the day