PDA

View Full Version : Weird Al

Brewmaster
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Note: I was not sure should i put this here or in other forum but i chose here if i made a mistake sorry please move it to J-pop/rock forum.
This is a thread about the well known man Weird Al.He has been with us for a long time and probably most of you have already seen or at least heard of him.
He has no particular genre he usually makes parodies of other songs and quite good if i may say so my self.But that is just my opinion.
Here are some of my fav songs:
Amish Paradise a parody of Coolio's Gangster's Paradise
Smells like Nirvana a parody of a well known band and their song Smells like Teen Spirits
Canadian Idiot i can't remember the original song (please do not be insulted if you are a Canadian and if you are insulted do not start a flame war thank you)
Those are some of my favorite ones it is easy to find them you can even look on youtube for some of the songs and they are followed by a great movie.So do look at them and comment about his work i am waiting. :] *edit* For more information and his complete discography please visit his MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/weirdal) or his official website Weird Al (http://www.weirdal.com/).

Joee
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
ah yeah, i love weird al.

his polkas are good too. :D
i like the avril lavine (sp?) complicated parody.
its really funny :laugh:
although its not music i'd listen to as actual music
its just funny :laugh:

<33

fatella
03-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I love Weird Al! I even met him once. We shared a studio in LA when he recorded Running With Scissors in a small studio in Santa Monica. I was recording foley on the opposite shift from him, so we would pass in the hallway. I was invited to his release party at the studio and went. Judy Tenuta was there. Al was so sweet, even picked up his own pizza/refreshments for the party. Down to earth, shy, not &quot;celebretized&quot; and a great sense of humor.

Masali
03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I personally like his celebrity interviews on AL TV much better than his music. The Paul McCartney one and Eminem ones are hilarious.

Brewmaster
03-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I personally like his celebrity interviews on AL TV much better than his music. The Paul McCartney one and Eminem ones are hilarious.
Indeed i forgot to mention those.They indeed are something to make you laugh! xD

Ryth
03-17-2008, 02:21 PM
That Eminem interview was so epic it should be illegal.

Capernicus
03-17-2008, 02:51 PM
lol I generally love all his songs, Constipated, White and Nerdy, Amish Paradise, Ebay, Like a Surgeon, etc. He is actually a good singer and creative lyricist.