PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion on FMA series ending

winter32842
03-15-2008, 07:08 PM
I hear so many people saying FMA ending is not good, it is not complete or it is weird. I Believe FMA series has the best ending ever. The reason I love FMA (my #1 anime) so much is due to the ending not much due to the general story. I believe it has best ending in any anime I seen so far.

It is like people who understand and appreciate the ending rank FMA on top and people who don't understand FMA ending thinks it should not be a top anime. I think it is also cultural thing. I am from Indian family, I appreciate the ending and lot of Japanese people also appreciate the ending, therefore lot of surveys and polls in Japan places FMA on top.

Why ending so great.
The whole story was building the relationship and bonds between the two brothers. At the end, each brother sacrifice his own life to save the ,life of another brother. At the end Edward, his sacrifice life to save his brother Al's life. In order truly appreciate the ending, you must understand karmic law (an alchemy law in FMA), which is in order to receive of something of value, one must sacrifice something equally valuable. Therefore, in order to save a life, another equally value life must be lost. Therefore, the way Edward could save his brother's life was give his own life away.

CyraXZero
03-17-2008, 09:55 PM
made me sad :(
just didn't like it much.....dunno why...and yes i do understand the karmic law....ah well...hopefully edward will one day be able to return!

virginia
05-07-2008, 10:42 AM
You know there's a movie, it picks up where HnR ended.

Infinita
05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, I didn't think the ending was bad but I thought a bit more could have happened. It was otherwise still a pretty good yet sad ending. ^^