PDA

View Full Version : The Cold Shoulder or Ignoring people

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Do you ever give someone the cold shoulder or just plain ignore them?? And is their a reason why you do?? Also, what type of people do you ignore or pay no attention to?? Someone in your family, a school bully, or just someone you just don't want to be with??

Lately, I've been ignoring people and isolating myself(I know, "isolation is death.") But who cares?? I tend to ignore those that bother me, and that tells them that I want them to beat it and just leave me alone., or I don't wanna talk to them! And I hate it when people think that when you're ignoring them, that you're liking them even more! -_-;

shadow slayer x
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Yup, do that most of the time to people that hate or just plain annoy me, even when they get me to look at them I'll just ignore them when they talk and think of a way to leave or of something to say that's possibly just rude.
And to tell the truth there aren't that many I know that hate me...
I'm actually a really open person, but then again what was said above happens actually very rarely.

Chaos Proxy
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I ignore everyone around me.
It's because they offer no intrest to me. Even my own family members or "friends".
[Rarely when I need to use somebody I'll act really friendly]

PigFarts
03-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Only if the person is REALLY bothering me, if I plain don't like them (which, in this case, they ignore me as well. see? MUTUAL RELATIONS! :D ), or if you did something to REALLY hurt me, like if one of my best friends completely betrayed me. Yes, I ignore people, but only under those circumstances.

blueangel06661
03-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I ignore all the annoying people in my class most of the time. One guy in my class will be like "hey Victoria!" and wave. then be like do you miss "J_____?" and i'll be like -___- grr

Amray
03-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I do it all the time. People usually think that I am ill or deppressed because I am so silent and start being concerned when in fact their is absolutely nothing wrong with me.

Aizmov
03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
I ignore a lot of lowlife low class people. I'm not anti-social or anything, is just that I like people, in short bursts, I have low tolerance for stupidity.

-Kitsune-
03-14-2008, 04:22 PM
I ignore preps >.> If the speech of someone sitting near me resembles "Like O-M-G! This new pink lip gloss is like so like.... AWESOME! Like yeah, totally!" or "Like, why are you like wearing so much black? Are you like... emo? Like, that's so stupid." My brain automatically tunes them out. And yes, people in my school talk like that. What's worse is that they see nothing wrong with the way they talk. So I just ignore those kinds of people because if I didn't I'd probably kill them >.>

Other than that, I pay attention to everyone else ^.^;

~*Red*~
03-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I only ignore the people who really annoy me or try to get me wound up and angry.

genericusername2
03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Maybe I should give you the cold shoulder.

███
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
A lot of people, the latest would probably be my girlfriend, she hasn't stopped calling me for the past week, she complains when I can't talk for an hour on the phone with her. I have kept my phone off pretending there is no reception.

Inamorata
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
The "cold shoulder" is just another way of stating you're ignoring someone and or being ignored. Personaly I give negativity a cold shoulder. Its hard, but it helps.

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I do it all the time. People usually think that I am ill or deppressed because I am so silent and start being concerned when in fact their is absolutely nothing wrong with me.
You've just described me in school. I am just shy, that's all, and don't wish to be provoked, that's why I ignore alot of people, or just don't give a care.

Daenerys
03-14-2008, 07:12 PM
i ignore people all the time

especially when im playing wow.

alarix
03-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Do you ever give someone the cold shoulder or just plain ignore them?? And is their a reason why you do?? Also, what type of people do you ignore or pay no attention to?? Someone in your family, a school bully, or just someone you just don't want to be with??

Lately, I've been ignoring people and isolating myself(I know, "isolation is death.") But who cares?? I tend to ignore those that bother me, and that tells them that I want them to beat it and just leave me alone., or I don't wanna talk to them! And I hate it when people think that when you're ignoring them, that you're liking them even more! -_-;

I know a lot of people ignore me. I still don't know why. :banghead:

Baka
03-14-2008, 07:38 PM
No. I don't do that. I've had it done to me before and it sucks.

Konata Izumi
03-14-2008, 11:17 PM
I ignore people try to get me angry or I dislike. People usually get the message after a while.

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Well, I'm just going to say, if I don't wanna be around you(I'm not saying, "I don't like you.") then I'll ignore you or give you the cold shoulder, and you'll know. I don't care if certain people ignore me or give me the cold shoulder, and I don't care if anyone doesn't like me, because they're simply not worth my time. I think I should start wearing a shirt that says, "Why do I even bother?? You're not even worth my time."

Flah Blah
03-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't even acknowledge their existence.

Zelly
03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Not unless they've really ticked me off?

Or I'm busy doing other peo-things.

Sanosuke23
03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't consciously ignore people, because I value open communication.

I tell people I'm not in the mood to talk if I'm not, and if I'm angry with them I tell them why, and when I've calmed down work to resolve it.

CrimsonMoon
03-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't generally ignore people, unless they call for it. I find myself disliking annoying, loud and preppy people. So I try to shield myself from their lot.

.Lovebeat
03-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I ignore annoying people and I give the cold shoulder to people I'm mad at.