PDA

View Full Version : The best way to sleep

Wilson
03-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, AF'ers, I do believe that I have recently discovered the BEST way to sleep!

Ok, I have a queen size bed, with a nice firm-ish matress, and four pillows. I basically center myself on the matress, make a sort of pyramid type deal with three pillows, then lay the fourth pillow length-wise on top of those (it comes out looking something like an off-center T, I suppose) anyway, I then prop my head on the pillows, lay in the good ol' fetal position, and it's off to a drool-filled sleep I go!

BEAT THAT!

Sagat
03-12-2008, 09:44 AM
I start off on my back until my legs begin to twitch because they feel like they should move. Then I turn on to my left for some of the night, then my right. An hour before I am supposed to wake up, I will go back to lying on my back.

I bought satin sheets and pillows, makes a huge difference. A lot better feeling on the skin. I just lie on two pillows, but I have a habit of crossing my arms at the wrist in front of me or I just can't sleep as well as I would normally.

Infinita
03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh wow....That's interesting. LOL I don't really know what the best sleep can be for me. I just fall asleep in random positions. With lots of blankets included. And few pillows here and there. ^^

John Watson
03-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I sleep on my tummy sometimes. Then I get that tingly feeling in my legs and I turn over to my side. I keep one arm under a pillow and one over that pillow..I keep one leg out and one leg in the covers.

Beast
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Well to start I'm going to mention something that a few of you might find odd, about 2 hours before I go to sleep everynight I stick an icepack (ones that won't leak and melt) into my pillow case between two pillows, without the cases they're like satin so I like to keep them cold for when I sleep. I crawl into bed, lay on my left side, rest my left arm on top of the pillow and lay my head on my arm. About that time my cat jumps up on the bed and dozes off. We sleep back to back.

~*Red*~
03-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I sleep on my back, then either roll over to my left or right side, then back to laying on my back before I wake up in the mornings.

Inactive Account 0061
03-12-2008, 12:53 PM
i use to (when i go early to bed) : move around for like 1 hour before i go to sleep xD.

(when i've been up all night and are rlly tired): jump from my chair to my bed and fall asleep in 5 mins xD

poison.ivy
03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
My back hurts if I sleep on my stomach, but I often find myself sleeping like that. Well, I ALSO have a king-size bed so I can roll around as much as I want! I usually sleep a part of the night on one side (mostly left) and the other part on the other side. If I'm dreaming a lot, I sleep in crazy positions. I also found myself sleeping like my cat a few times XD

Antares
03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
For me the best way to sleep is when I'm very, very tired. I don't know what I do, what positions I take while sleeping and up until now it has worked for me. Yay, for very random sleeping positions.

Inactive Account 0061
03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
btw i have a little crappy bed -.-'

-Kitsune-
03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I usually try to fall asleep on my back, until I start making pictures out og the texture stuff on the cieling .__. Then I turn over and face the wall, which is how I usually fall asleep. Although I always wake up on my back so I guess I dont stay still for long o.o; I have a full/double size bed so it's hard to stay still with all the extra space >.>;

Dxon
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
All humans should at least roll over 35 times when asleep. Or they will get stiff joints and thats bad.. Yeah..

My sister goes over 100 but that won't tell how I sleep. :p

I sleep like a normal person in a normal bed. Well... At least mine is kinda higher than normal. :) I like that.

Baka
03-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I drink til I pass out. I have no idea what position I am in.

gaaraismine
03-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I sleep on my back and apparently I sleep so quietly my Brother thought I was dead. lol

shadow slayer x
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I sleep on my back most of the time and stare on through the skylight to my left which at times lets the shine of the moon through and then I doze off and forget when....at least until my dog awkwardly attacks me in my sleep and shoves me off the bed...and I won't go on.

Brewmaster
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Me well in my bed i usually lay in my left side and put my left hand under the pillow.Sometimes i put my right hand too but ehh depends.I just need to lay on my left side and off i go to the dream world.I usually don't have much trouble in sleeping i just lay my head virtually anywhere and poof off i go. :]

Eris
03-12-2008, 03:44 PM
All humans should at least roll over 35 times when asleep. Or they will get stiff joints and thats bad.. Yeah..

Source...?

╬Karami Mew~Meow
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Mew...for me, the best way to sleep (that makes me feel really comfortable...), is when it's cold, and I get to go under my comforter and blanket, and hug mi stuffed felines <3333 purrrr =333 ...Then I could just sleep forever =3

Et cetera
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, I've heard from a few of my friends that the best way to sleep is on your back. But I find that harder to fall asleep. <<;

Anyways, I sleep with a lot of pillows surrounding me. Probably up to five pillows. I love sleeping on my right side. Also, I like to tuck my left hand under the pillow that I'm sleeping on. On my right, there is a longer pillow which I prefer to put one leg under and one leg on top of it. Oh yes, I almost forgot, I hug a big stuff animal when I sleep. It's actually quite comfortable.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I sleep.

:]

Flah Blah
03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I haven't had a good night sleep in so many years, that I don't know what the best way to sleep is anymore. Though lately I've been working myself to the point where I could drop in exhaustion, it's great because I can trick myself into thinking that my bed is the best thing in the world when in reality it's junk.

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Unfortuantely for me, I don't know the best way to sleep. I'm sort of an insomniac, and I don't usually sleep all that often, but I lie down alot. For me, it's having a thermol right on top of the bed sheet, and a comforter on top of you. And my pillow can't be hot, or else it irritates my head(for some strange reason). And I'm the picky and stubborn type, I need it to be comletely pitch black and it has to be absolutely silent inorder for me to even get a few hours of sleep, if even one thing is out of order or out of place, then I won't be able to sleep even a wink.

zellk
03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
My best way to sleep is on my tummy!!! Its so cumpfy!!!!!

Inamorata
03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
curled up in a ball while my husband snuggles me. =3

gaaraismine
03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I can't sleep in any light my room has to be completely dark

Wilson
03-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Wow, I'm stoked people replied to this thread....OK, I'll add a few more random facts about my sleeping then.

Before I go to bed, I ABSOLUTELY MUST crack my back.

According to my girlfriend, I make these random involuntary spasms. I was not aware of that.

I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere. I often fall asleep in the car, (usually as the passenger!) People's couches, that sort of thing.

I'm a heavy sleeper and I'm out once my head hits the pillow most of the time, but I don't go to bed till pretty late.

zellk
03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
And also its so cozy to sleep all curled up!

blueangel06661
03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I normally sleep with my legs bent and my arms to my chest balled in a fist or something.

Also noticed I sleep that the end of my pillow. -.o I don't know if thats not normal or something because I was sleeping with like 3 other friends while out of town and their heads were far above mine on the pillow. mine was just at their neck or shoulders -_-

And as for positions on bed...

in my single bed: Edges
twin: middle and if i'm really tired i usually take up the whole bed xD

Xtra: I used to keep my alarm clock on my bed by my pillow. Now I just use my phone as an alarm. and it stays partly tucked under my pillow ^-^
i'm also sleepy now. lol.

CancerianLove626
03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I sleep on my tummy sometimes. Then I get that tingly feeling in my legs and I turn over to my side. I keep one arm under a pillow and one over that pillow..I keep one leg out and one leg in the covers.

Haha, that's almost exactly how I sleep. Especially the arm under/over the pillow. I do that every night.

I also have 4 comforters and a fuzzy blanket, and a heated blanket on my bed (I get really cold) and I like the temperatures a little bit lower because it's hard for me to breathe when it's too high!

Oh, and I have a small twin and sleep with two really really firm pillow and one big squishy soft one on top :)

Masali
03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
In class.

-Kitsune-
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
In class.
Science and Algebra the best to fall asleep in >.>

Masali
03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Science and Algebra the best to fall asleep in >.>

Trig and Religion for me. Oh and History, but I forget we have that subject since I usually just call it "Nappy time"

Sometimes Physics.

realms89
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
hahaha all i have is a mattress on the floor its lame but gotta work with what you got

███
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I was told by my doctor I was an insomniac. The only way I was able fix my problem was to make sure I got no more than seven hours sleep a night, I exercise like crazy so it makes sure I am always tired by the end of my day.

ChibiNaruto
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
On top of those bed foams (of course with a cover that covers it) and a big pillow! And of course, cuddling with your loved one :)

I also think the best environment to sleep in is when it is raining.

demonplight
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
during winter under a huge warm blanket, like a hamster rolled up into a ball.
or holding you significant other. body warmth is so nice.

Lola Granola
03-13-2008, 02:42 AM
I sleep best while cuddling, falling asleep in someone's arms. Sappy? Most definitely.

Amray
03-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Sleep, one of my most favourite pass-times. ^_^

I can sleep anywhere in anyway; Classroom, Grass, Floor absolutely anywhere.
I find that whenever I eat more I sleep easier, which is a good thing as I eat loads.

BlackRoseBud
03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
You must be very tall then cuz you always sleep!
And, nice bed!

Trisseh
03-13-2008, 10:51 AM

Haha, I do this too =]

Amray
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
You must be very tall then cuz you always sleep!
And, nice bed!

Total Opposite of tall my friend. ^_^
I 'm 17 and 5'8. Again I blame my extremely high metabolism. XD

Perpetual Specter
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I wish I could sleep better. >< I haven't had a good rest in such a long time. Anyway, I sleep best on my right side with the television on at a low volume. I could probably sleep better, but my bed doesn't really feel to comfortable to me. Soft bed sheets also help me sleep though.

Azel
03-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I only sleep on my back and love it that way. I preferably sleep with three pillows so my neck is in more of a normal position and a pillow under my knees to take off stress. I would say sleeping on your stomach is probably the worst way to sleep. It's stressful on your neck and muscle joints and normally people in this position shift their heads a lot in an attempt to get comfortable. I would also think it probably puts more pressure on your internal organs.

Konata Izumi
03-14-2008, 02:52 AM
My comfortable sleeping position is sort of like the 大 character. But then again I constantly roll around in my sleep.

ChibiInuyasha
03-14-2008, 03:05 AM
The best way to sleep is with nature in a tall tree but thats just me i miss my younger days when i could do that :( looks at my bed (sigh) its not the same

Gero50
03-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Interesting,
I go under lots of covers and snuggle a black semi circle pillow and that is I fall a sleep in about 10 or 20 minutes

Ramona Flowers
03-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I toss and turn when I sleep alone, unless inebriated in one way or another. But lately I've found sleeping on my back with my pillows propped up at just the right angle to be lovely. It just takes practice.
But I sleep much better with my love, we fit together like puzzle pieces and there's no waking my up within a few moments.

Elfy
03-15-2008, 03:05 AM
i have to sleep on my back or else my kitten gets really upset

Anita Tseu
03-15-2008, 03:30 AM
I...sleep anyway...I don't have a comfortable position that could beat anyone's...So I just use those two pillows and a blanket and sleep on my bed that has my clothes, school bag, and other misc. stuff on it. I sleep on my back, sides, or stomach...depends what i feel like doing...and I stay awake for at least an hour after I try to go to sleep...My bed is so messy...I need to clean it...oneday...>.>;

blueangel06661
03-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I stayed at a friend's house last night and slept on the couch. It was one of those soft couches awfully narrow if i may add. And I had to wrap my blanket all the way around me so my skin wouldn't touch the couch. then I didn't have a pillow so i had to use my jacket. the zippers really hurt at times and the jacket often deflated from its balled up self x.x I think I only got like 2 hrs sleep.

Beds with pillows are better.... Unless they have sand in them. I'd go to peoples house and there bed would have as much sand in it as a sandbox. I'd have to strip down their bed and shake it all out before i could sleep in it.

:]

Spiffy!
03-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Hehe! I feel like such a kid. I can't fall asleep without holding onto something. XD I always have to be holding my cat or something else to be able to sleep. That and have some noise. ( not loud or anything, quiet but loud enough to just barely hear ) And I have to lay on my stomach or side in fetal position. When I'm on my side I hold my arms close to me or I'm holding something. ( cat ) XD