PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy vs Dragon Quest

Mow_Uchiha2008
03-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Who is the best: Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest?

Well, I guess FF better than DQ. FF is a stylous game and your CGs are splendid one! And the FF characters, are fabulous, famous and unforgettable! Oh my... This is my commentary.

CroSsplay!
03-11-2008, 07:33 PM
im going to have to go with the good old Final Fantasy you just cant compete with that much game history and fan base. JRPGs 4 Life!!!!11!!!

IceBubleFlava
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
OH YEAH!! Final FANTASY!!! I've played VII, VIII, X, X-2, That's bout it. The graphics are off the chain, storylines, and gameplay. Throughout the years, of FF The gameplay has changed. Plus I heard theirs going to be this new game coming out. DQ I've never played and I've seen an add for it, I don't like the graohics.

Tempest Valkura
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I have been an FF fan since they made VII. I have played and beaten VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII. I simply love them. I especially love IX. A lot of people don't like it, I know. They say it is too juvenile or kiddy, and they don't like the clothing and architectural style. I enjoy the light-heartedness and the different styles used therein. Dragon Quest VIII was a good game. I have beaten it too, but I'm not much of a fan of the battle style. I like to give commands individually - not all at once.

fairygirl26
03-14-2008, 05:20 AM
I would have to say i like both games they are both pretty good. Although i would have to admit FF games are awesomer.

Aizmov
03-14-2008, 05:25 AM
DQ just because for most of the serious it stayed true to its roots. Recent FF titles alienated me, I don't like them at all.

Gaarademon
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Final Fantasy is the better series
Dragon Quest was alright but not as good a Final Fantasy

Amray
03-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Final Fantasy VIII is one of my most favourite games ever made, and Final Fantasy X IS my most favourite game ever made! ^_^

Although I adore Dragon Quest VIII, I'm deffinetly going with Final Fantasy on this one all the way.

Dark-Sasuke
03-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy By Far, Dragon Quests (Dragon warrior) story was so boring and i mean all of them, the characters were boring, it was like one giant battle, final fantasy works in all aspects, cept X-2, that sucked ***

kaori_tenshi
03-17-2008, 09:13 AM
FINAL FANTASY! The characters are just memorable! Hehe I love Cloud! >w<!

DarkMoonPrince
03-17-2008, 09:19 AM
To other people on this thread, Final Fantasy is obviously the better game, I like it's story, not really much on final fantasy 9, it confused me a bit, lol. I just like the battle system best in FF. Dragon Quest is a good game too i just don't think it's long enough or the graphics are realistic.

Sanosuke23
03-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Dragon Quest is and always will be king.

Enix ensured that when they ate Squaresoft.

Crossplay: DQ has both more history and a (I think, not 100% on this though)larger worldwide fanbase than Final Fantasy. o_O

rf switch
03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I'll go Dragon Quest on this. FF currently has more installments. DQ was the original JRPG. I've prefered it over the years. From the NES days to well..The english releases kinda went away during the 16-bit era then we got 7 on PS1. Which I liked. I loved 8 though.

Dragon Quest is a good game too i just don't think it's long enough or the graphics are realistic.
You didn't play Dragon Quest 8 did you?

FF doesn't exactly have realistic graphics either. Not until recently atleast. a Super deformed guy with spikey blonde hair and a giant sword...yeah....

Or a boy with a tail...ok.

CroSsplay!
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Final Fantasy By Far, Dragon Quests (Dragon warrior) story was so boring and i mean all of them, the characters were boring, it was like one giant battle, final fantasy works in all aspects, cept X-2, that sucked ***

X-2 sucked?? thats news to me. i found it a little differant from X but i still liked it. i know it was SquareEnix's way of making more money out of the well off X. but i just dont care. if you want to mock a FF game make fun of FF7 DoC the TPS. Makes me cry, that game *sobs*
Dragon Quest is and always will be king.

Enix ensured that when they ate Squaresoft.

Crossplay: DQ has both more history and a (I think, not 100% on this though)larger worldwide fanbase than Final Fantasy. o_O

DQ has more history but how many cosplayers do you see? dont know i'll answer for you zero. and how many FF cosplayers? dont know, the exact number is 8,945,445,415.6 per day.

rf switch
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
how many cosplayers do you see? .
Thats nothing to brag about...

CroSsplay!
03-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Thats nothing to brag about...

?? i dont understand ?? how is it not worth braging about?

rf switch
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Because it's Cosplay....COSPLAY! Most of those people need lives.

But maybe you should try one of them search engine things...Because it helped me find some DQ cosplay just now.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-17-2008, 10:24 PM

It's like bragging about being infected with AIDS.

Anyway, I haven't made much of an effort at playing the DQ games, but DW/DQ 1 didn't do much for me (I still own it, however) and I got tired of DQ 8 pretty quickly. It should be mentioned that by this point I more or less hate JRPGs. The DQ Monsters games on the GB/GBC are fun, though. But spin-offs wise, FF more then counters with FFT.

I'll give it to FF, mostly because of FFVI.

CroSsplay!
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Because it's Cosplay....COSPLAY! Most of those people need lives.
</p>Ouch that hurts, Cosplay is as much a part of anime as Fanfic and Fanart. if you dont like it no one cares >.> Cos i know alot of people who do cosplay and we dont need to get lifes.

But maybe you should try one of them search engine things...Because it helped me find some DQ cosplay just now.

I was Exaggerating.... At the last few Cons i've been to theres been 1 cosplay for DQ and theres so many FF i cant even recall how many. and if a Seires is loved. people will cosplay. there for reprosenting the hard core fan base of that seires and or game.

Sanosuke23
03-17-2008, 11:41 PM
How many emo, androgynous antihero-types that weeaboos love to dress up as does DQ have? None. That is why few people cosplay as them. They are all well-adjusted and have a strong gender identity, which doesn't appeal to the general cosplay community. Advantage: DQ.

Now, how many totally awesome novelty controllers does Final Fantasy have? None(the Twin Bee controllers are not totally awesome as far as controllers go).

Advantage: DQ. Link for proof when I get home if nobody beats me to it.

EDIT: Here it is. (http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Controller-Dragon-Quest-Slime/dp/B000C40HYI)

CroSsplay!
03-18-2008, 01:47 AM
How many emo, androgynous antihero-types that weeaboos love to dress up as does DQ have? None. That is why few people cosplay as them. They are all well-adjusted and have a strong gender identity, which doesn't appeal to the general cosplay community. Advantage: DQ.

Now, how many totally awesome novelty controllers does Final Fantasy have? None(the Twin Bee controllers are not totally awesome as far as controllers go).

Advantage: DQ. Link for proof when I get home if nobody beats me to it.

EDIT: Here it is. (http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Controller-Dragon-Quest-Slime/dp/B000C40HYI)

Touchè, I 100% agree with all you said. *bows courteously* P.s Sorry thread starter for the Thread Jack.