PDA

View Full Version : Ever had this happen to you?

narunaru
03-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I felt a little down today:( , so i just got the impulse to post something. I went to a hockey game to come home and find that my house was broken into.They took my PS3, my Wii, and lots of other stuff. Ever have this happen to you?

Hypergraphian
03-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Well... I would classify that as bad as my house being burnt down but I got over it.... and slowly gained back the losses... wasn't easy but it does also teach you a thing or two about robberies and fires... just get the extra locks in your case...

OminousCloud
03-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Hmm, nope my house has never been broken into by anyone other than those who actually live there (forgetting your keys is so lame). Besides even if someone did break in the stuff that's worth taking is really hard to get to lol.

BiggSam
03-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Hockey!?!?

Anyway...I'm too cheap to buy anything worth stealing so no...that has ever happened to me.

(Seriously, Hockey???)

~*Red*~
03-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Our house hasn't been broken into before, and I don't think it will happen.

Ball Tripper
03-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Never had my house broken into. I've broken into other peoples' houses though.

demonplight
03-10-2008, 12:38 AM
look into renter's insurance. its like $12 a month.

Dxon
03-10-2008, 02:41 AM
If I'm at home and people would be trying to break into my house I would be waiting with golfclub ready to bash their heads in. :laugh:

Never has been broken into my house. And I don't want it to happen.

Daenerys
03-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Yes, except they didnt steal anything we could report to the cops.

5grand, and 15 grand worth of shall I say... "merchandise". It was pretty neat being held at gunpoint though! I mean golly gee gosh, I sure was happy!

Oh, but for the record, I wasn't home when it happened. I had tickets to see Dead Kennedys. (My room mates were, and one of them crapped himself. And I mean that very literally. Because he was in the bathroom the whole time, and crapped himself. HAHA, oh me.)

Sanosuke23
03-10-2008, 03:22 AM
no, because I have solid aluminum doors that are maybe an inch or two thick, and locks strong enough to survive the projects. Living on the 18th floor probably helps, as well.

otherwise I'm sure we'd have been cleaned out at some point.

Daenerys
03-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Not like you'd notice if they did anyway, Sano. heh heh heeh.

Eris
03-10-2008, 05:33 AM
You should check if it is covered by your insurance, because sometimes home insurance also insures the stuff you keep in your home.

Hockey!?!?

MacGyver plays hockey, therefore, it can not be a bad thing!

Lune Cy
03-10-2008, 06:09 AM
yea it happens sometimes
and indeed<--agreed with inter.

Flah Blah
03-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Nah, my home is perfectly secure. Although went I went out of town for a couple of days, someone broke into my car and stole my sister's portable DVD player. Though the robber was stupid and forgot to steal the special battery that comes with it so it'll play, he left the other monitor as well. In any case, home insurance covered it.

shinjuuzumaki13
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
One day we went to Juarez (Mexico) to the circus and they broke into our car. THey didn't steal anything but 3 SHOES!!! 3!! (don't know how they ended up there. They just did.)anyway, I think this might somehow relate to you.

Amray
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Well I live in a little Island Kingdom and something as bad as that happening is really rare around my town. I have never met nor heard of someone having their house broken in to. I cannot even imagine what that must be like. Sorry.

Sagat
03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
(Seriously, Hockey???)

I wasn't aware there was something wrong with liking a tough sport for men. Perhaps one where you cry foul if you get slightly touched is more your style? Perhaps basketball?

qG.Shogun
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm already glad enought that something like that didn't happen to me.

CyraXZero
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
not in my case...

Baka
03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
5grand, and 15 grand worth of shall I say... "merchandise". It was pretty neat being held at gunpoint though! I mean golly gee gosh, I sure was happy!

I just love "merchandise".

Trisseh
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Nope, and I hope it never does x_x

Amray
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I would love to see some guy try and rob me whilst I'm in my house, I have a Sword next to my bed HAHAHA!
I just hope that he does not knock me out and steal that too, it cost quite a lot of Money...

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I've never had that happen to me where I live now, considering that I live in a 4 story apartment with security cameras and people everywhere. I also keep 3 pairs of nunchucks in my room, just incase, lol. I'm actually concerned about the amount of random teens just coming into our building actually. The only time someone broke in, was when we lived in St.Croix about 11 years ago. My mom, dad and I were held at gunpoint, and the robber actually threatened to kill me, if my mom didn't hand over her purse. Unfortuantely, he got away, there was no evidence, so the case is still open and my mom's purse had everything in it basically. I'm sorry that happened to you, I hope you feel better(I know, you don't wanna hear this from me, but I just wanted to say it).

x0xfaizax0x
03-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Well,no it hasnt but some people dont have manners!My dads nokia n95 got stolen