PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelity

(_YvOnSo_)
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I just saw something about some American Marine throwing a little puppy off a cliff on the news yesterday. Check it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rqvFNaWHdz0
Have you seen anything worse than that and do you feel sorry for those animals? What do you want that mans punishment to be?

Inactive Account 0061
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
1.Can't see it!
2.What a sick man!
3. He deserves to get thrown off a cliff!

Faceless111
03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I do support violence, killing, and war, but I don't believe in killing for pleasure. Those idiots should be punished, but knowing the way the world works, they probably won't be.

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
How cruel. The cruelest I've seen is a teenager beating up a puppy to death and it was caught on camea. It's worse because the poor thing was beaten down slowly and he punched it and kicked so hard, repeatedly. It was on Animal Planest one night, I believe it was, "Miami Animal Police." That's some pretty tough stuff to watch. Animal Cruelty is horrible, but it'll never end. I wish that I could help, but I have other things to worry about, and my time is already taken, sorry you poor animals.:(

daft
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I saw the clip, and I've seen alot worse. But all I know is, I love animals and I'm sooo pissed off right now!:mad:

Aizmov
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I just saw something about some American Marine throwing a little puppy off a cliff on the news yesterday. Check it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rqvFNaWHdz0
Have you seen anything worse than that and do you feel sorry for those animals? What do you want that mans punishment to be?

I've seen worse.
I think community service and a course in sensitivity should help him be a better human. It still is just a puppy, people are getting away with killing babies.

Twig Ee
03-05-2008, 05:43 PM
He;s a soldier and he reprresents the USA in other countries. He'll probably be brought up on animal cruelty charges and disorderly conduct stuff from the military.

It makes me think what they are really doing in Iraq.

Marshmallow Fluff
03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
How sad. Poor puppy.

That man should be thrown off a cliff and see if it feels good.

chappie1989
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I think the end of the video says it all. People have done worse things to other people than that. So I don't know why everyone is making a big fuss out of this video while we are doing worse things than that.
Though I think a few months in jail, a lot community service and sensitivity training/ psychiatric evaluation would be an appropriate punishment.

███
03-05-2008, 06:11 PM
In Australia two men in their 20's burnt 2 cats and there kittens to death.

If we can't stop human cruelty than how can we hope to stop animal cruelty?

NinnaMoon
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I personally haven't seen this happen, but I've heard of four 11 year old girls who took kittens to their house and asked one of the girls fathers if she could keep them. He said no so instead of just putting them back where they found them they buried them neck deep in her back yard and stomped on their heads until they died!! If I was there I would have lost my mind. I probably would have choked the living day lights out of them. I cried for like two weeks when I heard of that. I mean how can you stomach doing something like that!! :mad:

MomijiTMO
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Hahaha we seem to be much more sick than you guys for once.

TWO teenagers have been charged with animal cruelty over the bashing and incineration of a cat and her nine kittens in the Queensland city of Maryborough.

The RSPCA said the remains of the cat and kittens were discovered in the backyard of a Maryborough house a week ago.

It's believed they had been bashed against a wall then beaten with a lump of wood before being incinerated.

Some of the animals were believed to have been still alive when set on fire.

"This is very disturbing brutality," RSPCA chief inspector Michael Pecic said in a statement.

"At this time of year we have huge problems because of the cat breeding season and people refusing to desex their cats.

"However, senseless acts of violence such as this should not and will not be tolerated."

An 18-year-old man and a 14-year-old boy have been summonsed to appear in the Maryborough Magistrates Court and Children's Court, respectively, next month on animal cruelty charges.
Source (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23323347-662,00.html)
Oh yeah that's a nice 4 hour drive from Brisbane.

=]

EDIT:
I know a tonne of these kinds of stories. I can't find the article but these kids rode their bike over a cat and it was all caught on tape. Luckily the cat survived and was adopted.

Another story is of a child watching her cat being bashed to death by a man. Here is the article (http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Child-describes-pet-cats-death/2005/03/24/1111525272075.html)

Setosan
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Any person who beats an animal should be killed in the most painful way possible. Except wasps. But those are insects.

Aizmov
03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Any person who beats an animal should be killed in the most painful way possible. Except wasps. But those are insects.

Talk about a dilemma, why is beating an animal qualifies to killing a human? And what make wasps any less than other animals?
:unsure:

overwatch
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
"We weep for the blood of a bird, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those that have voice"

Humans are generally very mammal centric in their views of the world. After mammals comes birds (generally) and then fish and finally all things creepy and crawly. Though there are exceptions to this (as there are for all generalisations) this is the general view. Why we could debate for ages, but this is another thread.

As to the topic in general -
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article688405.ece
all in the name of business.

DarkMoonPrincess
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
This is terrible and wrong..
Killing for pleasure like this is the worst.
Also in beginning of that video shooting at defenseless is incredible cruel.
Throwing puppies off cliffs.. how can that make anyone smile?
Killing innocent animals for absolute no reason.. or for pleasure..
That's something that should be turned back on them.
Let's see how happy you'd be if someone threw you off a cliff.
Or you're baby son or daughter..

I wonder if their mother's are proud of them now..

Setosan
03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Talk about a dilemma, why is beating an animal qualifies to killing a human? And what make wasps any less than other animals?

Because they are evil. Ever seen a Japanese Hornet? Those suckers are nasty little things that will kill you first. No joke.

(Plus wasps are my biggest fear in life)

DarkMoonPrincess
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I think the end of the video says it all. People have done worse things to other people than that. So I don't know why everyone is making a big fuss out of this video while we are doing worse things than that.
Though I think a few months in jail, a lot community service and sensitivity training/ psychiatric evaluation would be an appropriate punishment.

Because people can, at least, have a little defense.
Animals do not have guns, weapons, or hands for that matter.
We can pick up almost anything and have some defense.
Animals, especially puppies can't defend themselves at all when it comes down to it.
I'm not saying it isn't bad that people have done worse things to other people.
But you must remember that we don't see everything they are doing to animals either.
If you think that was bad, think about what we don't see.

Aizmov
03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Because they are evil. Ever seen a Japanese Hornet? Those suckers are nasty little things that will kill you first. No joke.

(Plus wasps are my biggest fear in life)

I disagree, that aside why beating up any animal qualifies to killing a human? I'd say the most extreme you'd do is beat up the human. Plus we kill animals all the time, and we kill humans too ;)

jenilo
03-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I watched that video on youtube.I felt really bad after watching this.

Chaos Proxy
03-06-2008, 12:23 AM
So nobody checked out the video I posted in another thread?

Check out this video, if you want to see what people do for fur : http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=fur_farm&Player=wm

Hautalken
03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
This is so horrible! im almost crying...i don't think i can watch the second video. my head hurts. i just hope those idiots go to hell for what they're doing. maybe just shot while going on a joy-ride like that. i only watched like 20 seconds of the second one just now. i can't take it. i'll cry even more.

how can people encourage things like this? all the us govt. would do is sue them. they should be put to death. small creature or not, they're still living-breathing creatures. no-noe should do anything to them...

Wio
03-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I think killing for no sake other than pleasure is a bad thing, and torture should always be avoided.

That said, I don't think animal abuse should be punished by anything more than a fine unless it becomes a habit for the person.

romy808
03-06-2008, 03:25 AM
Yeah it was tough to watch that video. Right now those 2 marines are being investigated for that act. But there is a question of the video being fake. Regardless of being fake or real..it's still disgusting. It's like this...What's more messed up? A marine tossing a puppy over a cliff or these 2 guys making/staging a fake puppy toss (thinking it's the funniest thing in the world!)...both mind-boggling & sick. Punishment? Absolutely!

Wio
03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Yeah it was tough to watch that video. Right now those 2 marines are being investigated for that act. But there is a question of the video being fake. Regardless of being fake or real..it's still disgusting. It's like this...What's more messed up? A marine tossing a puppy over a cliff or these 2 guys making/staging a fake puppy toss (thinking it's the funniest thing in the world!)...both mind-boggling & sick. Punishment? Absolutely!
Did we watch the same video? I don't think the thrown dog died, and somehow doubt it was really injured that badly.

It's not cool or anything, but 'sick' is an overreaction when you take into consideration that these people are getting shot at by people dressed as civilians.

TheAsterisk!
03-06-2008, 04:26 AM
1) If you honestly are Christian, then these men can't go to Hell for killing the puppy. Animals have no souls according to most Christian sects.
2) If you pause it, the dog looks superimposed. The marine's hands don't quite seem to keep a constant position on the dog when they really should. I can't tell if it's fake but it does look fishy.
3) I don't see a need to go out of the way to aleviate pain to animals, but going out of the way to CAUSE them pain is...perverse, for lack a better term.
4) No, they won't be executed or incarcerated for an extended period because they killed a dog.
5) Now here's the twist. It is seen as morally reprehensible to harm animals that are sentient, but...humans have never actually been proven to be sentient. Hmm... I think the only species that have been proven sentient (get ready to correct me, sticklers) are chimpanzees and oragutangs.

Yes, it is deviant to killed animals for amusement, but Overwatch made a good point. When my uncle put firecrackers down the throats of fish and salamanders, nobody really seemed to care much, but if anything cute is harmed...oh...everyone becomes indignant. Not much is said about the poaching of Komodo Dragons, but everyone is an advocate for baby seals.

If the video is real, the marine will likely be discharged. If it is fake...I'm not really sure what they'll do. I mean, there's worse stuff on primetime television. Heck,evn daytime TV can get cruder and more violent than that.

Thingle
03-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Hurting animals? It's not a big deal. They don't complain and it's hell lot better than hurting people. In my place, people just laugh when I step on a kitten. They don't make a fuss out of it. That's what you guys get for living in a place where "first world" nanny-dandy morality is practiced. You've become so soft that now, even killing a fly is immoral to you people.

And yeah, Animal rights/welfare is a farce. I have yet to see any animal clamor for its rights.

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 05:13 AM
So nobody checked out the video I posted in another thread?

Check out this video, if you want to see what people do for fur : http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=fur_farm&Player=wm

OMG the immorality of some people :(

Thingle
03-06-2008, 05:14 AM
You know, animals are there to serve our whims. It's just a matter of brutal assertion. Even the maddest beast will kneel down when shot at enough.

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 05:21 AM
You know, animals are there to serve our whims. It's just a matter of brutal assertion. Even the maddest beast will kneel down when shot at enough.

Regardless of why animals exist, do we have to torture them to benefit from them? Couldn't it be done in a less painful way?
It sure hurts me to see animals like that, and when did we pass animals in goodness anyway. We as humans are murderers to other animals and ourselves. We are the only creatures on this planet who kill for personal gain or pleasure, other animals kill to eat or protect themselves only.

PS: Regarding my sig, thy will be done. Can't now, cuz I just did yesterday :)

BeuWolve
03-06-2008, 05:22 AM
THat,s just wrong no animal should go throw that.

he should rather just jump leave animals alone they are a man best friend.

Wio
03-06-2008, 05:30 AM
That's what you guys get for living in a place where "first world" nanny-dandy morality is practiced. You've become so soft that now, even killing a fly is immoral to you people.
What are we getting? I didn't see any consequences in the context. It sounds like you think people should be "tough" just for the hell of it.

And yeah, Animal rights/welfare is a farce. I have yet to see any animal clamor for its rights.
How did clamoring become a prerequisite for deserving rights?

Chaos Proxy
03-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Hurting animals? It's not a big deal. They don't complain and it's hell lot better than hurting people. In my place, people just laugh when I step on a kitten. They don't make a fuss out of it. That's what you guys get for living in a place where "first world" nanny-dandy morality is practiced. You've become so soft that now, even killing a fly is immoral to you people.

Killing them for food is one thing, but torturing them is another.
I'd rather kill a human, even someone from my own family rather than a cat - and I see nothing wrong about it.

Killing insects, fish or rodents have never been looked down at, but killing animals like cats for some weird reason IS wrong. Or even drowning kittens is wrong. Nobody here has gotten soft, it's called compassion.

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 05:59 AM
I'd rather kill a human, even someone from my own family rather than a cat - and I see nothing wrong about it.

Now this is just stupid. I agree with you on almost all of what you said, but favoring cats over humans is stupid, sorry can't think of another way to put it.

Killing insects, fish or rodents have never been looked down at, but killing animals like cats for some weird reason IS wrong. Or even drowning kittens is wrong. Nobody here has gotten soft, it's called compassion.

Killing is killing, if you have compassion for cats you should for fish, no difference.

███
03-06-2008, 06:03 AM

Perhaps it's because a wasp isn't an animal?

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 06:06 AM

Then what are they? they are alive, just like we are, and just like everything else.
Regardless of what they are, living things have the right to keep on living, it is called the right to not die.
The amusing bit, is some pro-animal rights (I call most of them animalnazis) don't mind killing human babies. I like to believe life is scared and unless killing is necessary, we shouldn't be killing.
The only reasons to justify killing, is the same reason that other animals kill for, to eat and to protect themselves. Killing for pleasure and personal gain, something humans came up with, that I appose!

Thingle
03-06-2008, 06:07 AM

Since you're 11 years old, I won't lampoon you.

Amray
03-06-2008, 06:28 AM
All living things have a right to live.

Why do you think that Foxes and such animals start running when they are being hunted? Easy, it's because they want to stay alive! It's just some species on this planet don't take note of that for their own selfish needs, 'Sport' being the most pathetic and evil one. But thats just life for you.

Inactive Account 0061
03-06-2008, 06:44 AM
been watching the clip some times now and i think.

The puppy is already dead! and the sound is clipped in(when he throws it)!

But still if it was dead it's still sick

between:; A wasp is an animel xD

╬Karami Mew~Meow
03-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Mew >.<
Those people's just sick! My punishment for them, burn them alive..!
I couldn't even last to the whole vid >< I just lasted 5 secs of the vid recording.
Those people are just too stupid. And I thought that Americans are the ones who has this big law for animal abuse. I thought some countries are cruel, but some Americans are just too dumb for just doing the dumbest, immature, child-like things *no offense, and i'm not talking to all Amer.*
I thoght it wasn't gonna be as bad, but turn4ed out to be worst. (since it's a dog. I cat would probably survive that, but for a dog, well, it's too cruel )

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Mew >.<
Those people's just sick! My punishment for them, burn them alive..!

Makes you no less cruel than he is.

Those people are just too stupid. And I thought that Americans are the ones who has this big law for animal abuse. I thought some countries are cruel, but some Americans are just too dumb for just doing the dumbest, immature, child-like things *no offense, and i'm not talking to all Amer.*

What does him being an American has to do with anything, I dunno where you are from but I'm betting that animal cruelty happens in your country, as well.

Amray
03-06-2008, 07:42 AM
If Equivelant Exchange is truely real then he will get his punishment. >=]

Anyway Aizmov does have a very valid point, his place of origin has nothing to do with what that sick B-word has done. We all act as Individuals guys. Remember that Okay? ^_^

Ulquiorra__Schiffer
03-06-2008, 07:51 AM
I think killing a harmless animal is worse then killing a person..
I mean how can you kill something that can't even defend itself..
That's just so weak..
I was almost crying from that movie it was just a helpless puppy.
That was just really cruel i can't understand how people like that can live with themselves.
I think they should be throw down the cliff and feel the same pain the animal does.
I understand if you kill an animal because it attacks..
but.. a puppy like that can't hurt anyone that's just way to cruel.
I hope some day they will burn in hell for that.

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 08:00 AM
I think killing a harmless animal is worse then killing a person..

What sort of person? Is killing a puppy worse than killing a baby :unsure:
I appose all forms of cruelty whether towards humans or animals, but we need to get our standards straight.

Chaos Proxy
03-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Hm, killing is one thing .. o_o
People have always been on top of the food-chain, so we can't say it's wrong to kill animals.
But it's wrong to kill them for any other reason other than food or if they are sick/half-dead.

Just curious .. how many have checked the PetaTV video?

Ulquiorra__Schiffer
03-06-2008, 08:16 AM
What sort of person? Is killing a puppy worse than killing a baby :unsure:

Well I am against all cruelty also.
I would say that killing something harmless and defenseless is worse then killing something that can defend itself.
Really depends on the situation.
But killing for pleasure or torturing for pleasure is just wrong.

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Well I am against all cruelty also.
I would say that killing something harmless and defenseless is worse then killing something that can defend itself.
Really depends on the situation.
But killing for pleasure or torturing for pleasure is just wrong.

I don't disagree with any of this, but I don't think humans are less worthy than animals. You can't go talking about animal rights when human rights are nonexistent in a lot of places. Even in America. We should have our priorities, let's try to be good to one another before worrying about the animals.

overwatch
03-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't disagree with any of this, but I don't think humans are less worthy than animals. You can't go talking about animal rights when human rights are nonexistent in a lot of places. Even in America. We should have our priorities, let's try to be good to one another before worrying about the animals.

if we adopted that concept then we will never consider anything but ourselves. Humans are cruel creatures - that is not to say that a cat playing with a mouse is not cruel or a killer whale playing with a seal (tennis with tails!) - but we are on a whole different level. For whilst they might torment one - we torment millions (possibly even into billions). On scale we have more to consider.

Ulquiorra__Schiffer
03-06-2008, 08:39 AM

Well your right in that.
Human right is nonexistent in lots of places i know that but humans made it that way themselves.
Animals can't do anything about the abusement from humans.
But i think we should treat animal rights and human rights equally.
Its maybe true that humans are more superior then animals.
But that doesn't mean we just should forget about them and think about us first.
We should treat animals with the same respect we treat any human.
Even though they are just animals doesn't mean they don't have feelings.
Because if we would set human rights above animal rights then we actually are selfish (and i know humans are selfish mostly).

poison.ivy
03-06-2008, 08:49 AM
There is no way that I will willingly watch that video. I DESPISE animal cruelty. People who abuse animals are just like people who abuse children (in any way). Torturing someone weaker and helpless just to make himself fell stronger... Those people don't deserve to live. Their just not worthy. They should be put throw horrible pain and agony to see how it feels to be completely helpless. *argrrrghh* Same goes for those that ran over animals. With cars. I mean, come on: is it really THAT hard to stop the God damn car when you see a cat on the road? Or even better, a dog? At least they are bigger. And even if you ran over the cat, is it that hard to pull over and move it off the road? Even throwing it in the bushes is better than having thousands of cars, buses and truck sticking it into the concrete. *sigh* =( I'm so sad right now...
Those that don't love animals can't love humans either.

Faceless111
03-06-2008, 11:06 AM
There is no way that I will willingly watch that video. I DESPISE animal cruelty. People who abuse animals are just like people who abuse children (in any way). Torturing someone weaker and helpless just to make himself fell stronger... Those people don't deserve to live. Their just not worthy. They should be put throw horrible pain and agony to see how it feels to be completely helpless. *argrrrghh* Same goes for those that ran over animals. With cars. I mean, come on: is it really THAT hard to stop the God damn car when you see a cat on the road? Or even better, a dog? At least they are bigger. And even if you ran over the cat, is it that hard to pull over and move it off the road? Even throwing it in the bushes is better than having thousands of cars, buses and truck sticking it into the concrete. *sigh* =( I'm so sad right now...
Those that don't love animals can't love humans either.This... is... the... most idiotic thing I've read in this thread. Not all those cruel to animals are child-abusers. For example, those in the fur trade industry are cruel to animals but probably are not child-abusers. They get paid to skin animals. Sure, it's not the nicest way to get paid, but they probably need the money.

And about roadkill... Do you drive? If you did, you'd know that it isn't just hard to stop your car when an animal wanders in front of your vehicle but it's also dangerous. I ran over a rabbit once, killed it. Flattened it. Sent it to rabbit-heaven. According to you, that makes me an animal-abuser. Well, here were my options: (A) hit the breaks while going 50 mph, spin out of control and wreck my car, possibly injuring myself or worse or (B) try to avoid it, swerving into oncoming traffic, probably killing myself and the person in the other car or (C) kill the rabbit and insure that my fellow drivers and I remained uninjured.

And lastly, how do you figure that those who can't love animals can't love humans? I do consider humans to be animals, as in evolved apes, but we are capable of love and hate simultaneously. Let's say, for example, a racist man hates black folk but loves his family. And I, for another example, hate idiots but love myself. See what I'm getting at?

MissChelly
03-06-2008, 01:55 PM

Wasps are less than other living things because... well, I don't know. I'm just a wasp racist I guess. LOL

I think beating an animal should qualifiy to the same degree of punishment as beating a human- because animals can't even speak to tell us what could be going on so it's up to us to take responsibility and make sure they're protected. I know my dog has given me plenty of joy and as her owner, it's my responsibility to protect her from harm.

As for the original subject, what that soldier did is terrible, however- I have heard of far worse. That doesn't make what the soldier did any less terrible though. I've heard on the news about this guy who tied up a dog to the back end of his truck and sped down the road. When the dog was rescued, the poor thing was so skinned from the street that you could see bone.
Also, I don't know if it's the same in other cities, but here during Halloween, people are told to take their black cats indoors and the Animal Defense League won't sell any black cats that day. Why? Because around here, people have been known to get a black cat and stick a firecracker up it's bottom just for kicks. That's truly demented.

What's even more terrible is that the guy who dragged the dog from his truck- he didn't even get 5 years in jail.

overwatch
03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
What's even more terrible is that the guy who dragged the dog from his truck- he didn't even get 5 years in jail.

hmm here is worse - remember the man who killed 10000 greyhounds (link is earlier) well in the end he broke no laws of animal cruelty - they had to get him legally on charges of impopper disposle of waste:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/feb/16/ukcrime.animalwelfare

but as a postive side they did look to changing the laws to prevent home owners from putting down greyhounds - only a vet can:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1400672.ece

Amray
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Animal Cruelty really Sucks.

Being cruel to Animals is no better than being cruel to humans. Both breath, both think, both want to survive, both live.

MissChelly
03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
hmm here is worse - remember the man who killed 10000 greyhounds (link is earlier) well in the end he broke no laws of animal cruelty - they had to get him legally on charges of impopper disposle of waste:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/feb/16/ukcrime.animalwelfare

but as a postive side they did look to changing the laws to prevent home owners from putting down greyhounds - only a vet can:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1400672.ece

Even though there's a positive side, which is obviously good, that still is quite horrid that they couldn't even get him for animal cruelty. :(

Egh. I can't even watch those animal rescue shows on Animal Planet. It makes me too upset. If only people had to pass some sort of humane test in order to have animals and children. Not sure how they'd ever go about that though, lol.

I saw this Maltese rescue video (I own a maltese as well) and those poor things looked tortured beyond belief. The only upside was seeing some of them recover and end up in GOOD homes finally.

Aizmov
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I think beating an animal should qualifiy to the same degree of punishment as beating a human- because animals can't even speak to tell us what could be going on so it's up to us to take responsibility and make sure they're protected.

I think that's not a bad idea, an eye for an eye, but I won't go as far as killing a human for killing an animal. I do want to emphasize that such behavior shouldn't go without a punishment. Some time in prison, a fine and community service, should straighten up most of them cruel humans.

A couple of years ago, there was a story in the US about some cops who beat up someone and then they followed it by forcefully inserting an object in that someone's rear.
Can't remember the details, regardless, all what they've got were some sensitivity training!
Imagine that cops, who are supposed to be protecting you, attack you and abuse you!

So it doesn't shock me when I hear about animal cruelty we are cruel to ourselves and each other!

Brewmaster
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I must say animal cruelty is one of the worst kind.That soldier thing is simply terrible and i have seen some worse thing that that dog tied to the truck.Here kicking a dog just for walking your way is normal now days.I know when a guy tied a cat between 2 trees and started beating the hell Pu of her.When he was asked why he just said "I don't know?" and he got no punishment at all.Here there are no people to save animals like Animal Police.That example was just one of the minor ones now think of what worse thing people do......... O.o;; terrible!

overwatch
03-06-2008, 02:31 PM
If only people had to pass some sort of humane test in order to have animals and children. Not sure how they'd ever go about that though, lol.

THough I am not sure either, but I think there should be strong laws for the ownership of pets - espcially pets such as large working dogs. Take for example, the Husky, a powerhouse of energy that loves to run, roam, escape (they come back, but they want to get out and explore) dig holes, chew and are very bouncy (and quite difficult to train). However, they are one of the "in" dogs to own - a status symbol. Yet once past puppy stage many are sent to the homes as owners simply do not have the time, space or understanding of how to keep one; and as they are a predatory looking dog, they are harder to rehome.
I certainly would not own or encourage anyone to own one who did not have a decent sized garden (with fencing ;)). That is a basic starting point, but some sort of guidlines are needed

MissChelly
03-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I think that's not a bad idea, an eye for an eye, but I won't go as far as killing a human for killing an animal. I do want to emphasize that such behavior shouldn't go without a punishment. Some time in prison, a fine and community service, should straighten up most of them cruel humans.

A couple of years ago, there was a story in the US about some cops who beat up someone and then they followed it by forcefully inserting an object in that someone's rear.
Can't remember the details, regardless, all what they've got were some sensitivity training!
Imagine that cops, who are supposed to be protecting you, attack you and abuse you!

So it doesn't shock me when I hear about animal cruelty we are cruel to ourselves and each other!

I agree. I don't mean that if someone burns an animal, they should be burned themselves- as then you're doing exactly what you're against. But some sort of severe judicial punishment should be used.

The fact those cops only got sensitivity training is also horrendous. It seems people are becoming too desensitized to violence or something- because they're beginning to take it more and more with a grain of salt. Human or animal, neither should have to go through such things.

THough I am not sure either, but I think there should be strong laws for the ownership of pets - espcially pets such as large working dogs. Take for example, the Husky, a powerhouse of energy that loves to run, roam, escape (they come back, but they want to get out and explore) dig holes, chew and are very bouncy (and quite difficult to train). However, they are one of the "in" dogs to own - a status symbol. Yet once past puppy stage many are sent to the homes as owners simply do not have the time, space or understanding of how to keep one; and as they are a predatory looking dog, they are harder to rehome.

I certainly would not own or encourage anyone to own one who did not have a decent sized garden (with fencing ). That is a basic starting point, but some sort of guidlines are needed

I don't see how people can be that way, but unfortunately they are. Through out my childhood, my parents, aunts, uncles, grandma, etc- all have had pets. And once they owned a pet, that pet was a permanent part of the family. A lot of time and research was done before anyone bought a particular breed so that they knew what to expect as well as what to provide. Even with my own dog, if she ever did get any behavioral problems, my first thought would be to get an animal behavioralist to help her AND me... definitely not to give her up. O_O

You shouldn't give up on your child if they start having behavioral problems and you shouldn't do that to your animal either. If you plan on being so easy to give up on someone, you shouldn't be owning a dog to begin with. lol.

Setosan
03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I disagree, that aside why beating up any animal qualifies to killing a human? I'd say the most extreme you'd do is beat up the human. Plus we kill animals all the time, and we kill humans too ;)

Because those cute puppies didn't do anything to just get beat. Or those cats that those assholes step on with highheels. When we kill a cow, we aren't just killing it to be a jerk, we are doing it so that we can eat. An animal won't just come up to you and kill for no reason. Either you are invading it's space or you are near it's young and it's defending itself. If cows ate meat and were more like us, they would do the same. We are animals, we gotta eat. It's called a food chain. So when you hurt a puppy, you are a complete jerkwad who fails at life and can't take on someone your own size.

And the Hornets must die.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1605/gianthornet1vu7.jpg

Look at that f*cker!

overwatch
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
And the Hornets must die.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1605/gianthornet1vu7.jpg

awe - cute little thing - and he's not even stinging!
Point of interest, hornets (in the UK) are on the endangered species list - so you cannot legall kill them or have them removed from your property by either the council or a contractor -though you can if you can prove that children or the aged are at risk -- such as at a school or hospital

Eris
03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Animals do not have rights, much like humans do not have rights. Human rights, much like the law or any other silliness people come up with are just figments of our imagination. There is no physical embodiment of them, they do not exist out of our minds.

Chaos Proxy
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
In Europe there are Vespa crabros who's poison may even kill a horse.
Theres also another breed of them, can't remember their name at the moment, but their poison is twice as strong. [And they are about 4-5 times bigger than a regular wasp] [Their "tergum" is reddish-yellow].

I support the idea of getting rid of these things..>______>

Kawairashii hikari
03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I can't watch the video because I know I won't be able to take seeing it. I have a dog of my own so I'm sensitive to stuff like that.

But...

I don't think that the people should get a death sentence or anything (or go to hell), even though it was bad they through they puppy off of the cliff. It still wasn't that bad. They should be in prison for a while though...

~Mithrosent~
03-06-2008, 04:51 PM
WELL. I could probably think of 100 ways he should be punished. Thrown off a cliff, Jail, etc. My views on animal cruelty are....Passionate I suppose. I mean, all around the world there are puppy mills, kitty mills. Places where they stuff 5 or so cats into tiny crates, and then sell the poor animals to pet stores. The animals tend to have health issues, and the owners who thought they were adopting a nice little puppy get a dog with anger issues and athritis. THEN you have the fur industry -.-; I'm not gonna get into the details of that, which I'm sure most of you have ideas about it.
BACK to the story, I don't understand how someone could hurt a dog/cat any pet, who cares for you unconditionally. That is, until you throw it off of cliffs. -.- I also don't understand how you could neglect something that is DEPENDING on YOU. I could probably go on on on on and on, (I do have the time sadly), but, You all probably don't wanna hear meh rant. :P

overwatch
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
In Europe there are Vespa crabros who's poison may even kill a horse.
Theres also another breed of them, can't remember their name at the moment, but their poison is twice as strong. [And they are about 4-5 times bigger than a regular wasp] [Their "tergum" is reddish-yellow].

I support the idea of getting rid of these things..>______>

to diverge for a moment: selective removal of one element of the ecosystem - in this case an insect with a nasty bite/sting - can lead to worse pests to take over. Why? Because if you remove a segment of the ecosystem then those that were held in check by it are suddenly allowed to expand both their populations and influence. Take a look at many areas where predators have been removed either because they "threaten" farmers herds or a considered risk to the locals (or are "good sport"). Then look at what happens - the wild herbivors once held in check by the predators, suddenly have reduced pressure on herd sizes, leading to population explosions and increased human/animal interaction. This in turn means that crops are endangered and lost and that people are again put at risk. Control of populations can be done, but its very hard to balance out - better to either limit control so as to ensure that the ecosystem remains viable or leave it well alone

Faceless111
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Animals do not have rights, much like humans do not have rights. Human rights, much like the law or any other silliness people come up with are just figments of our imagination. There is no physical embodiment of them, they do not exist out of our minds.While I completely agree with this post, I must ask a completely off-topic question... Why is it that whenever "figment" is used in conversation that it always pertains to the imagination?

Buruku
03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't really even describe the amount of hatred I have towards people who are cruel to animals. I really just would not care if that guy fell off that cliff right after the dog.

Setosan
03-06-2008, 09:35 PM
awe - cute little thing - and he's not even stinging!
Point of interest, hornets (in the UK) are on the endangered species list - so you cannot legall kill them or have them removed from your property by either the council or a contractor -though you can if you can prove that children or the aged are at risk -- such as at a school or hospital

That's a Japanese Hornet. It's the size of your thumb. It has a posion that is a pheromone that attracts the rest of the colony. 40 people a year die from them. Sure, that's a small total, but how would you like to get killed by an insect that is born to kill? Those bastards can kill 30,000 bees in 3 hours.

As I was saying, hornets must die. Endangered or not.

romy808
03-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Did we watch the same video? I don't think the thrown dog died, and somehow doubt it was really injured that badly.

It's not cool or anything, but 'sick' is an overreaction when you take into consideration that these people are getting shot at by people dressed as civilians.

I'm sure we did see the "same video". Did you see that cliff? I'm sure if I threw you off the cliff you would GET HURT. If you are worried about these guys getting shot..tell them to stop goofing off and get serious about doing their job! Who knows if there is a sniper somewhere.
Fake or real, the U.S. Marines Corps. doesn't need this kind of distraction! Obviously, these 2 boneheads (and the camera dude) didn't know what kind of mess they're getting into. They still should be punished and someone should be held accountable.

MissChelly
03-07-2008, 02:32 PM
While I completely agree with this post, I must ask a completely off-topic question... Why is it that whenever "figment" is used in conversation that it always pertains to the imagination?

Figment: n. Something invented, made up, or fabricated.

It tends to deal with the imagination because it takes an imagination to make up, fabricate, or invent something I guess?

And that picture of that huge hornet... I dunno, it kinda comes off cute. Especially after Overwatch pointed out it's not even stinging. Cute lil' bugger. :P

Kanjoudakai_Ira
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Omg i hate animal cruetly so much! I can't stand it...I've seen videos on youtube that are far worse.... so disturbing,sadistic and....ewww...and when ii saw them i was feeling sorry for being a human being such as those people...well infact those people aren't humans...they're monsters really...a human being could not do such things...but you know how it's said,even tho a creature loses its proprieties of the specie he's in,he's still part of that specie...
Anyway if i'd put my hands on a person that does such things,i'd tie him up to a chair and cut his head off with a 5inch razor blade...

Kamara Sagara
03-07-2008, 09:49 PM
That is awful, horrible, appalling, and all the other words that apply in this scenario. But I have to say, it doesn't really surprise me.

I have seen a worse video. In it, there was a close up of a woman's high-heel shoe stomping on the head of a puppy until finally the heel broke through the skull and killed the poor thing. It was whimpering the whole time. A sick freak I know sent me the video.

███
03-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Then what are they? they are alive, just like we are, and just like everything else.
Regardless of what they are, living things have the right to keep on living, it is called the right to not die.
The amusing bit, is some pro-animal rights (I call most of them animalnazis) don't mind killing human babies. I like to believe life is scared and unless killing is necessary, we shouldn't be killing.
The only reasons to justify killing, is the same reason that other animals kill for, to eat and to protect themselves. Killing for pleasure and personal gain, something humans came up with, that I appose!

My apologies, I misread your post - I thought you stated that insects were animals.

qG.Shogun
03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Animal Cruelty really Sucks.

Being cruel to Animals is no better than being cruel to humans. Both breath, both think, both want to survive, both live.

I tottaly agree with you animals are creatures two and they aint no less worth as us humans they should be threaded at the same way as we thread people.

prototypetetra
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
honestly i didnt see the video, it was already removed it seems... but for all we know this puppy could be sick from something contagious or rabbies or god knows what...

and was it really confirmed that it was a real US marine...?

(_YvOnSo_)
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
honestly i didnt see the video, it was already removed it seems... but for all we know this puppy could be sick from something contagious or rabbies or god knows what...

yes it was, and what do you mean removed?

Dxon
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM

I DID see the video. And it was very cruel. I cursed the US military the moment I saw it.

And yes it was the US. I just instantly recognised their uniform. :banghead:

All Us soldiers look like that. And their accent was American. All points to it. Besides. You can find the guys Myspace too. Just spam his MySpace like everybody else! :ninja:

Faceless111
03-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I DID see the video. And it was very cruel. I cursed the US military the moment I saw it. Oh yes, because we know it was the entire military's fault as opposed to just that single, sick man's. That makes tons of sense.