PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Create Wallpapers?

Snowrocker1
03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I am very new to this. How do you create Anime wallpaper????

Animousflavista
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
By using graphic program such as photoshop. Search for character picture that you love to do a wall, and start doing it.

KuroTan
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
GIMP is good too if you don't want to pay for a gfx program.

Hautalken
03-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Well basically you'd need a Photo-editing program like Photoshop/Paintshop-Pro/the GIMP or something like that. Then pick out a character from someother wallpaper and extract them out using the pen tool. Then just create your own background and put in the extracted character.

You can look up tutorials and other resource sites. Or you could just try the 'dazzle us' thread for some resources.
Here's a great brushes site ! :
http://www.brusheezy.com/brush/247-Trance-Brushes

and a great tutorials site...
http://www.fstutorials.com/all_tutorials/4/20/1/
and
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/Abstracts/

You even get extracted images/PNGs for your works. Here's a place you can download some:
http://beloved-melody.org/pngs/cat/Anime

Hope that helped!
PS: the trick to wallpaper-ing is blending everything together. Let's see you come up with something.

wizz-o-matic
03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
A side note ... don't rip other's wallpapers!! If you want a specific character, find a suitable scan, riping other's work is not a good idea.

Snowrocker1
03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all the help, but i feel that just simply extracting out characters doens't seem right, i can see where Wizzy is coming from, is there any way using graphic based photoedittting programs to create one??:)

Many thanks again :)

Snowrocker1

KuroTan
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Actually, I think what Wizzy meant was don't just take a pre-existing wallpaper and slap your name on it.

If you want to make your own graphics, I'd definitely recommend you getting a tablet. Going by mouse is hard. Very, very hard. Or at the very least, a scanner. Then colour it in with the brush tool or vector it altogether.

Animousflavista
03-04-2008, 05:55 AM
To create one your self either a fan-art wallpaper or your own character is not really hard, but as Kurotan says using tablet will help u to do the work faster and accurate.

there are many commercial software that can help u to either draw directly on computer or use it for coloring only such as :
-Artrage
-Photoshop
-Corel Draw/Painter (not really recommend for wallpaper making)

and some freebie such as :
SAI paint tool (its a japanese program but theres a group that make english translation for it, recommend for drawings)
GIMP

For a start i really recommend you to do a wall using an extracted characters so you can play around with the effects for the background.

Snowrocker1
03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Cheers ^_^ By what do you mean by a tablet? is it kind of like a stencil in someways????? Is there anyways of making characters on the programs without much dificulty??

IchigoKiss
03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Well I creat wallpapers by photoshop cs2 :) . Any image I want I just extract it and then add
what I think looks good on the wallpaper.Then I go to www.animewallpapers.com and submit :laugh:

By the way ... there are lots of programmes to make wallpapers
and such but if you have absolutely
no idea what to pick ... I'd try out 30 day trials
and see which works for you best

P.S ::

Welcome to AF make sure you follow the rules.
When you need a friend PM me ^_^

Snowrocker1
03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
OK... So what is a Tablet? How do i get photoshop and other graphic editing programs?? by downloading it yeh??? And is there a way of creating a charcter on the the Graphic editing Programs??? someone must create them right??

LavaBug
03-04-2008, 06:23 PM
You sure mean BUY photoshop, don't you ^^
And a tablet is a graphic tablet , it allow you, among other things to draw, but on not paper, but directly to the computer...

KuroTan
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Hear, hear. We can't be killing the company now can we. Get it legit.

You draw with tha tablet. If you forego that option, draw by mouse. And to add to Animous's list, OpenCanvas is a good free program for working with a tablet.

Snowrocker1
03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
So basically a graphic tablet is basically a stencil for photoshop yeh???? Sweet about photoshop. i take it you can get it from you nearest pc seller yeh ^-^

KuroTan
03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, no... It's a drawing implement for you to draw directly on the pc. A stencil is like a pattern you use to draw repeated patterns, letters etc. With a tablet, it's all freehand. And it's not only for photoshop.

aishiteru333
03-05-2008, 07:08 PM
A tablet is an actual tablet( like the ones you use for drawing but electronic) and you plug it into the computer. Photoshop: you can download but you need and ownership key to be able to use all of its features. ( so you have to buy if you want it). Tablet sell for around $78 USD (about 39.16 GBP) at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Comp USA here in America.

Snowrocker1
03-07-2008, 04:39 AM
ok.... thats slightly confusing but nothing that a little research can't do :p apart from finding predrawn anime characters and putting them on selfcreated wallpapers is there anyway of creating Decent anime charcters on photoshop?? and by decent charcters i mean examples like http://www.webster.edu/~cschmitz/welcome/Philosophy/GettingImages/kenfan.jpg (n.b just an example i got from google images)

KuroTan
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Dude... your asking the same question again and again. ._. If you want to draw on the computer, you can use a tablet

it allow you, among other things to draw, but on not paper, but directly to the computer...

And to really really simplify that:

If you want to draw in photoshop, do it by hand. And by that I mean like doodle. With your own skills. Like remember as a kid you'd use a crayola and just doodle a house and some stick figures on the wall? Like that.

omniking3
03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Those Trance brushes are GREAT. I would also recommend Ghost's Grunge Brushes. They're on deviant-art SOMEWHERE. Another thing i'd recommend is c4d. They are high quality 3d-ish pictures on a black background (you use the multiply filter to get rid of the black). If you liquify them, blur em up a bit and use them creatively, they're great. In addition to Trance Brushes by AxeRaider, try his WinterBreeze package. quite nice.