PDA

View Full Version : Emo Kid

Kakashi's First Love
03-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Okay so I have a new theme song.......----drum roll----..... and the winner is Emo Kid!!! Ya I love the song.... anybod. else here on AF feel the same?? Oh and by the way who the heck does it????

Chaos Proxy
03-01-2008, 05:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken it's by "Adam and Andrew" from their album "Music Pimps" (2005).

Ryth
03-01-2008, 05:20 PM
I used to think this song was funny but then it got cool and every scene kid on my bus sung it without rest.

Azel
03-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I used tp think this song was funny but then it got cool and every scene kid on my bus sung it without rest.

Warning: Nostalgiac rambling below

I agree. The song was funny at first but it's totally been raped by everyone. I mean, the whole making fun of Emo kids fad has gotten older than the fad itself. I'm even sick of making fun of it. Some "Emo" kids may be annoying but imo it's become more annoying to hear some kid saying "stupid Emo kid", singing that song or bullying a kid because he wears tight pants etc. When I was in ninth or tenth grade I saw some kid actually wearing a T-shirt that said "Kill all Emos." I got into a fight with a kid in high school people messed with a lot for being "Emo" but after getting to know him he didn't really fit into any Emo cliche besides that he wore tight clothes.

I think you kind of have to be really immature to start generalizing people into "that dramatic/apathetic myspace emo guy" or "prep" or "wigger" or any of the rather childish things people got called in high school. I think the song was really just made to cater to kids who were already having fun being hateful toward their peers. At the time making fun of Emos was a big thing. It was a new trend and a lot of social ostrasizing came along with it. People found it funny to pick fun at emos and still do today (even though the fad has died down a bit). I don't look to see if a kid is "goth" or "emo" when making a friend.

Ryth
03-01-2008, 07:50 PM
^Yeah, that.

It is always really funny to watch tools try and categorize me though, they get so frustrated it is priceless.

Myrra
03-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I really see no value to this thread...other than it's total spammy nature.
So I'm therefore closing it!