PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI

Smurgen
02-24-2008, 09:52 PM
So I recently got back into the whole FFXI thing. I never really got any far any time i tried playing but hey, i do kinda enjoy it so i figure why not give it another chance. I'm on Fenrir as Andee a super awesome WHM12 Tarutaru (newbie ^_^;; )
Is it just me or is that game very hateful to new players? I dont mean the community, the people playing are some of the nicest people i have ever met and there's always someone willing to help you out. But i mean like the very mechanics of the game itself.

Sagat
02-24-2008, 10:01 PM
It is my civic duty to inform you that you are wasting your time with this game. If you really feel compelled to waste away your life, more productive things than this "MMORPG" include

1. Throwing rocks into the lake
2. Not just watching paint dry, but blowing on it, to expedite the process
3. Pondering if there is anything fluffier than a cloud

Smurgen
02-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Perhaps the same could be said about ALL games

Sanosuke23
02-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Perhaps the same could be said about ALL games

What is an MMO? A miserable pile of grinding!

But enough talk, have at you!

Honestly, if you want to play EZ-mode MMO, play WoW. It's a lot less time-consuming than FFXI, from what I've heard from people that play both.

xplay221
02-24-2008, 10:48 PM
not halo halo PWNS!!!

Smurgen
02-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't mind it being hard really, just this one is darn near demonic ^_^;

CroSsplay!
02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
MMORPGs' Distroys lifes. take it from me a MMORPG Addict recoveree.

Ridana
03-02-2008, 02:07 AM
I actually really liked FFXI... but it did manage to feast on more of my life than I should have allowed it to.

There was just something so nice about being a DRG/THF, wielding a big-arse spear and chaining Pentathrust with Backstab. Whether or not it was nerfed from the initial release, you'd drop some big damage that way.

x0xfaizax0x
03-02-2008, 05:06 AM
I have played final fantasy on my d.s lite its kind of boring now for me because its to hard and i cant do it !

jplaya828
03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Server: Fenrir
Race: mithra
jobs: 75 thief / 75 Monk / 56 warrior / 58 White Mage all other Jobs: 37

Norkio
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Eh... I really like FFXI.
Been playing since NA release date. :P

I am on Quetzalcoatl sever. I am a tarutaru 75 White mage and Red Mage. Also 66 Summoner and 59 Black mage. :P I am in Integrals, one of the endgame shells there. If you play on the server... well my name is Norkio. :P

EnneadNokonx
04-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I play FFXI. I'm on the Fenrir server, and it is a little hard for newer players to start, the server's economy was messed up when they deleted accounts that people were using to sell gil online for cash. I've been too busy to play lately, but I should start back soon. My character's name is Nikolas if you want to send me a shout sometime. (On another note, I've played WoW too, and it was a lame game, the people I played with were whiney (which you'll have in every game). I know you can get crucified for saying that around the wrong mob of idiots, but people should stop comparing MMOs to each other. Someone will like this one, and hate that one, vice versa. I didn't like WoW, but I do like FFXI, and I don't care if people like either. I'll say that of all the people that I know that play FF and WoW, a greater ratio of the ones playing FF, actually have lives outside of the room their computer is in. Make sure your not one of the boys on the WoW episode of South Park, and if you are, don't be proud of it, the episode was meant as an insult, not a "Hey, you guys are awesome for living infront of a videogame.")

Tingtong
04-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Make sure your not one of the boys on the WoW episode of South Park, and if you are, don't be proud of it, the episode was meant as an insult, not a "Hey, you guys are awesome for living infront of a videogame.")

LoL! on that quote =P

Anywayz, i also play FFXI on Caitsith server =P <3 it:p I have 6 lvl 75's lol >_>;; and NO! i do have a life, i work! =P

GFx
04-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Perhaps the same could be said about* ALL games

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a saviour such as you!!!

*Change "about" to "of all" :D