PDA

View Full Version : Unreleased Games that should go up in Flames.

Khanxay
02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Are there games coming out that you hope will fail?

Personally, I want to see Metal Gear Solid 4 fall. Just once, for laughs at my friend.

bakakame
02-23-2008, 12:44 AM
I've prepared a list for just such an occasion:

GTA IV - The games are incredibly juvenile, the only thing that seems exceptional about the game is it's controversy.

FF XIII - Scratch that, ALL JRPG's. Over-dramatised, unstimulating turn-based combat, obnoxious story writing, just about everything about these games makes me wish (ok, I had to censor that out. The comment was that angry and distasteful.)

All future Mario games - Even Mickey Mouse isn't whored out as much as Mario. As for the pure Mario games, platforming is dead in my mind.

Halo Wars - I loved the FPS series, so I guess I actually want Halo Wars to be good, but honestly I'm expecting it to be a mountain of crap. I just kinda hope it is for the sake of being right.

All Soccer games - I'd just be happy to see soccer die in general. FIFA sucks! And all the other ones.

All Music/Rythem based games - Guitar Hero, DDR, Kareoke, Singstar, I've never understood why people enjoy looking like jack@**es even if it is the privacy of their own home.

Resident Evil 5 - Didn't like the first 2, and haven't played one since

All future Star Wars licenced games - Similar to the Mario reason.

Postal 3 - see GTA IV

This is Vegas - It just seems like such a weak concept

Street Fighter IV - The 2D fighters were good, as far as 2D fighters go anyway. I dunno I guess it would just be funny to see it trip and kock out a few of it's own teeth.

Wii Fit - Why won't the gimmicks just die? I'm really starting to lose my faith in humanity when we go out in record numbers to drone away in these minimum brain activity atrocities.

Of course MGS4 would be an entertaining fail as well. I know 2 people who would probably hang themselves if it does turn out to be mediocre..............:crossfing

List to be continued.

Sanosuke23
02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
jRPGs that lack any sort of real novelty or decent writing in the US market. None immediately come to mind aside from FFXIII, so that.

Besides that, I can't think of anything I'd WANT to fail. I like games too much to want any to just suck.

CroSsplay!
02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I've prepared a list for just such an occasion:

GTA IV - The games are incredibly juvenile, the only thing that seems exceptional about the game is it's controversy.

FF XIII - Scratch that, ALL JRPG's. Over-dramatised, unstimulating turn-based combat, obnoxious story writing, just about everything about these games makes me wish (ok, I had to censor that out. The comment was that angry and distasteful.)

All future Mario games - Even Mickey Mouse isn't whored out as much as Mario. As for the pure Mario games, platforming is dead in my mind.

Halo Wars - I loved the FPS series, so I guess I actually want Halo Wars to be good, but honestly I'm expecting it to be a mountain of crap. I just kinda hope it is for the sake of being right.

All Soccer games - I'd just be happy to see soccer die in general. FIFA sucks! And all the other ones.

All Music/Rythem based games - Guitar Hero, DDR, Kareoke, Singstar, I've never understood why people enjoy looking like jack@**es even if it is the privacy of their own home.

Resident Evil 5 - Didn't like the first 2, and haven't played one since

All future Star Wars licenced games - Similar to the Mario reason.

Postal 3 - see GTA IV

This is Vegas - It just seems like such a weak concept

Street Fighter IV - The 2D fighters were good, as far as 2D fighters go anyway. I dunno I guess it would just be funny to see it trip and kock out a few of it's own teeth.

Wii Fit - Why won't the gimmicks just die? I'm really starting to lose my faith in humanity when we go out in record numbers to drone away in these minimum brain activity atrocities.

Of course MGS4 would be an entertaining fail as well. I know 2 people who would probably hang themselves if it does turn out to be mediocre..............

List to be continued.
^^^^ bakakame^^^^ (comp wouldnt let me quote)

Do you hate kittens and oxygen by any chance to??
<p></p>
but seriously some of thoughs types of games are enjoyable in small dosages.

zorarock
02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll agree on the guitar hero series I just don't see the hype

rf switch
02-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Halo Wars - RTS haven't really worked on consoles..Plus I'm tired of this over-rated franchise.

Madden '09 - The games haven't been that great over the years. And with the switch to the next gen consoles they took a step back. $60 for roster up-dates and minimal gameplay tweaks.

Call of Duty 5 - it's supposed to go back to the boring world of WW2. After Modern Warfare proved to be a giant leap in the right direction they want to go back to WW2....

the First Person Shooter - the whole genre. I want them to go the way of the 2d fighting game. a niche genre.

Smash Bros. Brawl - It wont. Its big in Japan. But this series really isn't as great as sales and fans say it is.

Mario Kart (Wii) - The only one I liked was the SNES version....

Nintendo & Co. spin offs - I'm tired of all the games Nintendo makes milking their characters. I just want them to fail at them from now on.

FFXIII - the whole series is over-rated. Even though I love FFVI. I just hope it sells as well as a mediocre RPG should. Which because of the franchise would be "going up in flames"

Dr.Stiles
02-26-2008, 05:26 PM
metal gear solid 4
and gta 4
everybody thinks theyll be the greatest games ever and they dont really look that great or fun to play =/

and mario games rock
so they shall not fail xD

and guitar hero pretty much died when the announced guitar hero areosmith >_>
all future halo games
and....soccer games
ooh and amreican idol games they suck so bad lmao

zorarock
02-26-2008, 05:29 PM
metal gear solid 4

guitar hero pretty much died when the announced guitar hero areosmith
LOL

Buruku
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
GTA 4

All gimmicky Wii games.

Agreed Guitar Hero is over rated, but thats mainly because it appeals to people who don't typically play video games, and they hype the hell out of EVERY game they actually do play. (Though playing Cliffs of Dover is FUN)

;__; Capcom...what have you done to SF?? why? WHY???

Flipping Hanah mon frickin tanna, and all those other stupid gayzore crap.

Sanosuke23
02-26-2008, 05:49 PM
fyi, Street Fighter 4 is still the same game just with updated graphics. It isn't 3d except for certain things(specials, taunts, I assume victory poses, etc.).

Though I would much rather see a new Rival Schools/Project Justice game with those graphics. Such an overlooked series... ;-;

rf switch
02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Street Fighter 4 is still 2D gameplay it just has 3D graphics this time around...

wasn't the game play in Street Fighter EX mainly 2D? I remember it being that. But its been years since i've played an EX game cuz well...They kinda sucked.

bakakame
02-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Do you hate kittens and oxygen by any chance to??

Kittens, yes; but the jury is still out on Oxygen.

Continuing the list:

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Vegas was the worst thing to happen to the RS franchise yet, and they are gonna make another one?!

Duke Nukem Forever - I get the feeling that this was just another one of those games that seemed like the bees knees back in the day, but won't translate to todays higher standards. Mark my words, this will probably be another run-of-the-mill FPS when all is said and done.

Soul Calibur IV - They put Star Wars into this game..... why, oh why, oh why the !@%& WHY did they decide to do that?

NBA games and College sports games - Never did like Basketball either. And what the heck is supposed to be appealing about paying $60 for college sports when the pro version costs the exact same?

PS Home - It's not even a game, it looks like a Second Life rip-off

Tom Clancy's End War - After seeing the first trailer I just want this game to fail, that's all there is to say.

NFL Head Coach 09 - Didn't the first game flop? What possesed them to make another one?

Still more to come, stay tuned.

rf switch
02-26-2008, 08:27 PM
NBA games and College sports games - Never did like Basketball either. And what the heck is supposed to be appealing about paying $60 for college sports when the pro version costs the exact same?
basketball games can be great. As long as EA doesnt make it. Well ok they made some good ones in the 16bit days....

The college basketball games have alot more teams and arena's than the NBA games do. And they usually have an in-depth franchise mode with recruiting and everything. I don't see why because its college that it should be cheaper that its NBA counterpart.

The only downside is because of NCAA rules they can't put the real players into them.

bakakame
02-28-2008, 12:37 AM
mmm. 1 more while I'm thinking about it:

StarCraft 2 - You waited for 10 years, teased me with Ghost only to trash the project after claiming it was just about done, then show me a few trailers about this game featuring what look to me so far to be horribly unbalanced gameplay? I hope this game tanks like a college freshman before burning in hell, and as punishment for all this I hope WoW disbands and burns in hell with the last reminence of income for your godless company!

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-28-2008, 10:08 AM
ITT endless fanboy-whining.

I hope every game is awesome so I'll have more things to play.