PDA

View Full Version : DMC4: easy?

narunaru
02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Woooooow, havent seen this place in a while. This is my first post in a long (and I'm talking looooooong) time, so bear with me, if you will.

Anyway, back to my topic. So, i was playing Devil May Cry 4, and i noticed something: my nerves were not frayed. DMC3 was such a controller-thrower of a game, and yet DMC4 feels like a beginner's version (I beat Dante with one hand on the controller, in Devil Hunter mode!!). In my humble opinion, DMC4 came off as too easy. So, fellow forumites: agree, or disagree?

It's good to be back.:p

StabWound
02-22-2008, 03:40 AM
If it's too easy play it on Dante Must Die mode, and if thats too easy (unlikely) play it on hell or hell mode.

rurouni17
02-22-2008, 06:20 AM
The games recently comes with easier difficult, i don`t know why, because this game is aimed for hardcore gamers, not for kids.

Hypergraphian
02-22-2008, 03:12 PM
definitely not eazy... try all the secret missions >_< especially the one where you're not supposed to take damage and you're not supposed to use any weapon attack including your Deathbringer....

daft
02-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I've beaten it on almost every difficulty level except Heaven Or Hell mode.
And it's not even my game or PS3, 'cause I don't have a PS3. I've been playing it over at a friends house. But damn...what an awesome game!!!

Tenchi Masaki
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
According to the developers of DMC4 they wanted to make the game a little more user-friendly than DMC3.

Lots of people were turned off to DMC3's learning curve and for the people that were able to grasp the Style system there were rewarded with a video game character that can kick arse and looks damn cool doing it, all the while this vibrant display of carnage is being controlled by the player.

They wanted to make this title an sort of introductory game to those that are new with the Devil May Cry universe. The introduction of Nero and his own personal storyline allowed people to disregard the ominous "4" in the title and simply play this game with no prior knowledge to the DMC lore/storyline.

While the game as a while is not as challenging as the others, I loved the introduction of Nero and his Devil Bringer, and I greatly enjoyed his storyline. While I have predictions on what the focus is on DMC5, I'll keep those opinions to another topic.

Overall, I thought the game was able to cater to the casual gamers (Human Difficulty helps average joe gamers feel like they are dominating DMC4) and provide enough difficulty for the hardcore to relive their DMC3 days (Hell or Hell Mode...wow haha I'd throw my controller at my TV if 360 controllers didn't set you back 40 dollars).

I'm a sucker for damsel in distress stories so that's probably why I enjoyed DMC4 so much, but in comparison to DMC3 it IS an easier game but don't get me wrong, the difficulty cranks up as you progress through the game but it's definitely not as bad as DMC3.

Hypergraphian
02-24-2008, 04:04 AM
I just finished it. Now on to higher difficulties. But yeah, I did think that it was easier than DMC3. One thing I did hate was that damn stairway to heaven mission. I got bored of all those bosses though it was nice to see that you could pwn them way better than before, especially after all those upgrades.

narunaru
02-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh, by all means, I like nero and the devilbringer too, I'm not saying DMC4 is a bad game. Im just sayin it could be a little harder, especially on the so-called heaven or hell. Is it so hard to cater to newbies as well as us hardcore gamers? -casts a spiteful glance at nintendo-

Smurgen
02-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Is it possible that you just got better at that style of game? I mean with the dozens of games we all play from time to time, I'm sure the skills acquired as a gamer pass from game to game, making each game less and less challenging after you get over the initial learning period of the game.

[BlackDeath]
02-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Easier game, poorer story, overall crappy game with good visuals.

allaboutyou3678
02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I"m just installing it now so I can't say for sure, but the demo was easy as pie.

StabWound
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
It's easier than the demo, atleast Human and Devil Hunter mode seem to be.

allaboutyou3678
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I"m on mission 7 already> I don't see what so bad about the story it not like DMC is know for it story. It is ridiculously easy in comparison though. Harder than 2 better controls than 1. So it at least a second to 3. \who knows what all I'm going to find later on but I think the devil bringer makes up for the lacking areas. Also it harder than DMC 3 special edition. btw for those who don't know

Dmc3 had
easy normal hard (other difficulties involving strange things)
DMC3:se had
easy normal hard very hard (other random difficulties) But In relation to dmc 3 it really
very easy> easy (se: normal) normal (se: hard) and hard (se: very hard)

There was also gold mode. Which had ther golden fill you life bar orb instead of the yellow one. (Although you did have the option of both from the start in order to play DMC3:SE on the games original difficulty you had to beat the game at least once.

Kisho M
02-27-2008, 12:26 AM
I only died a few times, and overall it was much easier than DMC3 in my opinion. All in all I think that's a good thing though.

sensei-zeb
02-29-2008, 01:13 PM
i dont think it is hard but you have to realise what difficulty it is on (Dante must die)

lordrellik8
03-01-2008, 03:47 PM
idk,
I'm kind of stuck in
"son of sparda mode"

Sword
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Is it possible that you just got better at that style of game? I mean with the dozens of games we all play from time to time, I'm sure the skills acquired as a gamer pass from game to game, making each game less and less challenging after you get over the initial learning period of the game.
This seems like reasonable logic. Listen to this person.

I played as Dante on my cousins game on mission 18 or something for 5 minutes on Normal difficulty (with only having played the demo beforehand) and I would definately say I found it to be rather easy because of my experience gained through DMC3.

enigma unit 01
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I actually found it quite hard lol, only because I wasnt very accustomed to the first 3 games. Is it just me or are Nero and his Devil Bringer very limited for combos??