PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid ending song "The Best Is Yet To Come"

irldan
02-21-2008, 06:05 PM
The original lyrics are labeled as "Original / Romaji Lyrics", but the text is not Romaji, but rather Irish/Gaelic, the lead volcalist being Aoife Ni Fhearraigh and recorded at Beech Park Studio, in Ireland (as stated in the MGS credits).

AzureDark
02-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Could you do a rewrite of the full lyrics (preferably with the English translation too)? Previously the coding of the site did not allow special characters to be displayed, hence it looks ugly on the site.

rofl I was surprised when currently Chiyomaru Shikura was credited with it, again I stress this was because of another previous glitch the site had.

But please note that the field can only be tagged as "Original/Romaji Lyrics" because of the coding of the site - in fact, that's why it is called "original/romaji", "original" to allocate for other languages.

irldan
03-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Sorry for late reply. Yeah, I guessed that it may be hard coded in - thats fair enough.

Regarding rewriting the lyrics, my Irish isn't good enough really, but I may know someone who can, in which case I will see what I can do. May take a while, but I will post here if I have any success.