PDA

View Full Version : KoRn.

Chaos Proxy
02-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I noticed the last KoRn thread was closed, so I decided to create a new one.

So how many of you like this band? In my opinion it's the best, listening it everyday. (:

If you want you could list up few of your favorite songs.

/ Personal favorites :

* My Gift To You
* I'm The One
* Dead Bodies Everywhere

And so on..

If you're intrested in this band you can go to Youtube.com and check it out.

Guerrera
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I only like Evolution because my sister's making a Heroes video for it

Chaos Proxy
02-21-2008, 04:04 AM
Oh it's a good idea to mix Heroes story (as human gene evolution) and a song about it.

But the band itself is one of the first nu-metal genre, it's songs are mostly about grunge theme. (Y'know pain, killing, death and so on.)

Here you can listen to them :

* http://www.myspace.com/korn
* http://youtube.com/results?search_query=korn&search_type=

Gaarademon
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Korn is one of my favorite bands

their cover of Another Brick in the Wall was Very amazing
Right now is a good song
and A.D.I.D.A.S. is a great song too

Ωmega
02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
KoRn was my favorite band. Anything after "Issues" just wanst KoRn to me. I think some of my favorite songs would have to be:

Ball Tounge
Kill You
Good God
Falling Away from Me
4 U
Got the Life
Freak on a Leash
Make me Bad [though I like the remix better]
Clown

I still listen to their first 4 albums, but I wont even bother with anything after that

None of the above
02-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Freak on a leesh yes, that was a good one.

I still can't stop thinking of 'Word Up'. Come on, it's playing all over the radio. And it's an amazing song after all.

TheDarkHunter
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I was into KoRn before I realized that they were a mediocre band with really no talent. Listening to them to this day is a pain. I can't even stand listening to the old stuff. I guess you can say I grew out of them.

Chaos Proxy
02-28-2008, 02:45 AM
I was into KoRn before I realized that they were a mediocre band with really no talent. Listening to them to this day is a pain. I can't even stand listening to the old stuff. I guess you can say I grew out of them.

I could say basically this to any other band I've listened before. :closedeye

And this is only your opinion, nothing else.
Nobody is asking you to listen to them, also you didn't "grow out" it's just your music taste what is slightly diffrent now.

They have sold over 30 MILLION albums, won two Grammys and they are doing better and better each year as thousands people realize how good some nu-metal bands are. So you're opinion "no talent" is way off.

Gandizzl
02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I like their stuff until Untouchables which was decent.
Take A Look... was... It had a few.
Then the bombshell hit, and not in the good way.
See You On The Other Side sucks so hard and it shows how Korn no longer care about their fans, but about earning money.
The not-greedy members are dropping like flies, prob either because they have enough money and don't feel the need to make sucky music to get more or they just don't want to make sucky music.

Their Untitled album... Well, I have it and I've had it had a few turns in the player, and it was better than their previous one, but it's not good enough to actually be called a decent piece of music.

And I agree with DarkHunter, Korn is simple music compared to most bands in the metal scene.
The best nu-metal yes, but nu-metal is no longer what it was.
The f word is really not as awsome as when I was a kid.

But I pull out some Korn every now and then, but it's usually from Issues and below.

Favorite album is their self-titled first release.
Favorite songs;
Clown
Blind
Freak On A Leash
Did My Time
Ball Tongue
Faget
A.D.I.D.A.S.
Got The Life
Dead Bodies Everywhere
Falling Away From Me
Make Me Bad
Alone I Break

I also saw them live a few years ago, before See You... It was quite good.
They played very little new material which made me happy.
But it took them like... half the concert to actually get the crowd going.
And Word Up = Good.
Lol, NO!
If they had played it live, I probably would've left.
It's that bad.

And Chaos, if you don't want responses that are negative then don't bother making threads.

Chaos Proxy
02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Negative responses? Where have I been negative?
I was simply posting few facts about the band / and / everyone has a right for opinion so stop giving useless advice.

Hamashimura
02-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Gan over there summed pretty much everything I wanned to say...
I enjoyed earlier in it,but now it's just..meh...
There are still songs I listen to from time to time,that are in my playlist,from Issues and bellow...
They had pretty much of good vocalist,but that's it...
Personally,I quite disliked the let's-hit-bass-hard style of playing,and their music isn't something to be admired to...
Especially See you on the Other Side and Untitled,which I find to be really let down...
No,more than let down...they just...sucks hard...

they are doing better and better each year as thousands people realize how good some nu-metal bands are.

Better and better each year...don't make me laugh...they're getting worse each year,for they new music only shows how they care only about money not about the fans...
Music that people loved is nowhere to be find in their newer albums...

Fat_Daron
02-28-2008, 09:50 AM
i love the old korn, the new one is stupid

Gandizzl
02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I didn't say you were negative.
DarkHunter had a somewhat negative view on Korn and you trashed his/her reply with nothing that really added anything to this discussion.
Britney Spears has sold a lot of albums, but that doesn't make her a good singer.
And since you feel that you've outgrown all your music, that means you don't really have a wide horizon, or so I would assume.
I don't listen to Johnny Cash a lot anymore, but I did as a kid. But that don't make me say "Hey! You know what, I used to listen a lot to Johnny Cash but I feel like I've outgrown him. Now I find him mediocre."

I've listened to Korn for something around 10 years, and I don't feel I've outgrown their music. Well, at least not to the extent of not listening to them at all.
But I've widened my horizon with other bands which has hightened my standards, which makes me not place Korn as high up on my list as I did 5 years ago.
And their new albums just plain suck.

And the fact that Jonathan Davis is going on a solo tour to perform Korn songs and some rarities never heard before just confirms my belief of Korn being at a breaking point.
I don't believe we'll see a new "Korn album" ever again.

Chaos Proxy
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Wow.

I do understand some people don't like it anymore for various reasons, but you could get at least get your facts straight.

@Hamashimura : Alright, it's your opinion but please - check what you talk.
The Untitled album has sold over 500 000 copies [So it recived the "GOLD" status] , some of their songs from it have been on TOP10 MainStream Rock Tracks, by #4 and #9 place.

They also got #2nd place for the Best of 2007 by Fuse, and right now they are on tour Europe, in every country the tickets have been at least 90% sold out. I myself have been on 3 and people just LOVE their new tracks.

@Gandizzl : Britney may not be a good singer in your opinion, or mine - but there are people who like her music, so you can't say she is a bad one.
And your opinion that Korn new albums are bad is another opinion of yours, I myself have listened Korn a little more than 7 years now and I find new albums better than the old ones.

Note the fact I already said above, right now they are on Europe tour. So there is no "breaking point" happening anytime soon.

About the new album .. there have been rumours it will come late 2009 or early 2010.

Hamashimura
02-28-2008, 11:58 AM
@Hamashimura : Alright, it's your opinion but please - check what you talk.
The Untitled album has sold over 500 000 copies [So it recived the "GOLD" status] , some of their songs from it have been on TOP10 MainStream Rock Tracks, by #4 and #9 place.

They also got #2nd place for the Best of 2007 by Fuse, and right now they are on tour Europe, in every country the tickets have been at least 90% sold out. I myself have been on 3 and people just LOVE their new tracks.

I say what I mean,and my words are proven by reactions of many people...
Don't try to convince me in oposite...
500k ...? So what...? Why should that number mean something to me...?

For example,Paradise Lost debuted at number 123 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart in the United States selling 6,300 copies in its first week. The record also debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart.

Do I go on attacking persons who think about it as piece of crap...?
Do I try to convince them that it's super great album...?
No sir,I don't...

I don't need to check what I talk about...
You can try all you want to convince me that new albums are good,but you're going to fail in every aspect of it...
I stick to what I've said,older albums are good,but newer ones are pure crap...

But again,tastes are different...one can like something other one doesn't...and you can never-ever convince people like that in oposite...
People might love their new tracks,but most of them are fairly new to this kind of music...
So yeah..........

Chaos Proxy
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I say what I mean,and my words are proven by reactions of many people...
Don't try to convince me in oposite...
500k ...? So what...? Why should that number mean something to me...?

I'm not tryng to convince you, it's not like I care if you like the band or not, but I'm simply posting the facts, since some people think their new albums sell bad or are bad.

Number show good it has sold, that's all there is.

For example,Paradise Lost debuted at number 123 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart in the United States selling 6,300 copies in its first week. The record also debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart.

Well nice, isn't it? KoRn sold over 123 000 copies in it's first week. :closedeye

Do I go on attacking persons who think about it as piece of crap...?
Do I try to convince them that it's super great album...?
No sir,I don't...

I don't attack people here, it's a forum - it's meant for discussion.
And I'm not tryng to convince you at all, it's all right if you don't like em. o_o

I don't need to check what I talk about...
You can try all you want to convince me that new albums are good,but you're going to fail in every aspect of it...
I stick to what I've said,older albums are good,but newer ones are pure crap...

Actually you should check.
As I said I'm not tryng to convice you, but since you are obiviously wrong in your facts I shall post the correct one, so no failures here.

You can stick whereever you want to, it's only your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

But again,tastes are different...one can like something other one doesn't...and you can never-ever convince people like that in oposite...
People might love their new tracks,but most of them are fairly new to this kind of music...
So yeah..........

They sure are, why would I want to convince you anyway? O.o

[Note : Don't take these posts personally (I know alot of people who do it), I'm only discussing, that's what forums are about.

Gandizzl
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Exactly! Some people like Britney Spears and some don't! And I accept that. But you can't seem to accept people not liking Korn's new stuff or Korn in general!

And for what I say about them breaking up, I mentioned earlier it was my speculations. And what does it matter if they have a European tour? Arcturus broke all of a sudden down in Australia, this can happen any time.
The members keep on leaving and now Davis is going on a tour alone, singing Korn songs. WHY CAN'T HE BRING THE WHOLE KORN BAND? WHY ALONE?
It's like Fred Durst going on tour, performing old Limp Bizkit stuff.

And you know what, I will probably get the new Korn album no matter how lousy it may be, just because of the loyal fan that I am.
Which is one of the reasons they can keep on making the crap they make atm.
Fans keep on thinking "Maybe... maybe... JUST MAYBE FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUZ AND HIS FRIENDS, may they have done something right again."

And well, their new style seem to attract people who can't stand the old Korn.
Because they're more... hip-hop now and their lyrics are not what they used to be.
Davis is now living such a luxury life that he has no more problems and horrible memories to write about.
The last bit of Davis's claustrophobic world was spilled out on Untouchables.

Hamashimura
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Ummm...well,you're trying to convince me indeed...
And don't worry,I don't take posts personally,unless they are insulting...

Yes,number shows,so what...?
Is it that really so important...?
I don't think it sels bad,even I bought it,but it doesn't mean I like it...
I listened to it once,and placed in my collection,from which will never come out again...

Umm...you know,that was an example there...I never said anything about Korns sold number,I just stated an example of how people might react...
There are people who disliked that album,so what...?
Life goes on,to hell with it...

Umm,look here...facts,from my country and countries around mine (since I'm good with many,oh many people) are saying that from all persons I know,only 3 of them actually liked new album...
You see,we all bought it just to listen to it,to see if there are any improvements...And almost all of us encountered the same - crappy sound with very stupid lyrics...

Face it,it's not what is used to be...tell me,can you compare old sound,such as Clown,Blind,Dead Bodies Everywhere or Freak on a Leash with these new ones...?
I don't think so,old ones are having theme,somewhat nice lyrics and decent rhytm,which I can't say for new ones...
And I ain't the only one who think so...

I highly believe there is no reason to further continue this discussion,for no matter what everyone says,you always continue on saying the exact same thing,over and over again...with different words tho...

And you know what, I will probably get the new Korn album no matter how lousy it may be, just because of the loyal fan that I am.
Which is one of the reasons they can keep on making the crap they make atm.

And well, their new style seem to attract people who can't stand the old Korn.
Because they're more... hip-hop now and their lyrics are not what they used to be.
Davis is now living such a luxury life that he has no more problems and horrible memories to write about.

So true...hence such music and lyrics...
You explained it better then I ever could while using english...

Chaos Proxy
02-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Ummm...well,you're trying to convince me indeed...
And don't worry,I don't take posts personally,unless they are insulting...

Geez, why do you still think I'm tryng to convice you? Have I said that? No.
I'm sayng this for the third time - I'm merely posting the facts.
I honestly don't care if you like them or not. >________<

Yes,number shows,so what...?
Is it that really so important...?
I don't think it sels bad,even I bought it,but it doesn't mean I like it...
I listened to it once,and placed in my collection,from which will never come out again...

You seem to be missing the point, I posted the numbers because there were statements what said the new stuff isn't selling or people don't like it.
That was my only reason.

Umm...you know,that was an example there...I never said anything about Korns sold number,I just stated an example of how people might react...
There are people who disliked that album,so what...?
Life goes on,to hell with it...

Read the #11 post in this therad. (Posted by you).
You were sayng that they are not doing better, that their new albums are getting worse and their music is only for money.

Do you even understand how .. sensless that statement is?

Umm,look here...facts,from my country and countries around mine (since I'm good with many,oh many people) are saying that from all persons I know,only 3 of them actually liked new album...
You see,we all bought it just to listen to it,to see if there are any improvements...And almost all of us encountered the same - crappy sound with very stupid lyrics...

Now you are tryng to boast that you know many people around diffrent countries. [While most likely you've only talked with them via internet].
Your three friends who liked the album, and x number who didn't like the album won't make a fact. And that is a fact.

It's only your mere opinion that they have bad lyrics and bad sound, because if they were - people wouldnt buy it, people wouldnt listen to it, radios wouldnt play them.

Face it,it's not what is used to be...tell me,can you compare old sound,such as Clown,Blind,Dead Bodies Everywhere or Freak on a Leash with these new ones...?
I don't think so,old ones are having theme,somewhat nice lyrics and decent rhytm,which I can't say for new ones...
And I ain't the only one who think so...

You are the one here tryng to convince ME, by typing words like "face it". You can try, I'll listen, but most likely it won't take you anywhere.
And as the answer to your question - Yes. I think the new songs like "Starting Over" or "Ever Be" are far surperior than the old ones.

Of course you ain't the only one who thinks so, but I'm not the only one who thinks this way either. ;)

I highly believe there is no reason to further continue this discussion,for no matter what everyone says,you always continue on saying the exact same thing,over and over again...with different words tho...

Nobody is asking you to post, and please .. read through my posts and your posts. Twice.
Do you now see who is repeating here? If you still think it's me, please read them through again.

(This discussion is taking us nowhere, but I'll still gladly reply to your posts)

Hamashimura
02-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I was merely posting reactions to your posts,no wonder there was repeating,but really,for everything people said,you went on and said exact same thing as previous,just with other words...
How do you expect me to reply to the answer that was already stated then...?

I think so because you seem to have trouble in accepting the fact that people won't accept new album as good...you keep on repeating your words...

I don't see how my post on no11 has connection to what you replied...?
Lighten it up for me will ya...?
And yes,I still think they're doing it for the money...
Senseless...?I don't think so,but hey...I might be wrong...

Now I'll use your word...the allmighty FACT ^_^
I don't try to boast anything,I've just stated the fact and described why I think many people dislike it...
And for your information,in my country,and in neighbour countries I know many persons in real life...
Far away countries is what I know through internet...
Does that have a point tho...?
You know,only thing I tried is to show you,most likely,how other people who bought it thought,but since you missunderstand many of my points here,no need for explanation...

Do people need to buy because they'll listen to it...?
Or simply to add to their music collection,or because they've heard it's good but then were dissapointed...?
You know,not everyone buys because he/she likes it...

Sweet,well,then you're one of the rare ones who think so...
Congratulations...*claps hand*
Yes,my words were meant to be convincing,and I do that on purpose,heh,but I've failed drastically...
Oh well...

But you st...heh,to hell with it...
No need to post anything,seeing how neither of us is willing to give up...
LOL !!
C ya around...

Chaos Proxy
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, since you asked few questions and made a few statements, I'll keep my reply short. ;]

It's true I didn't want to accept people sayng their new album was bad, but if it's their opinion - I'll leave it alone.

About the #11. You said they are doing worse then before, while that is wrong. That's why I posted those numbers and facts, basically that is it.
But I don't understand people who 'just buy' their CD/DVD to show loyality.
Most of the people who I know through forums and various other sites actually agree with me that the Untitled is one of the best albums, but they are also .. just opinions.

But yeah, thanks for the conversation, I'm glad there are still people who have the courage to take things calmly and explain things. n_n

Inactive Account 0061
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
i REALLY like KoRn!

Saw them live the 31th january 2008 in Copenhagen! Damn they rocked to hard ^^

Memento Mori
02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I could say basically this to any other band I've listened before. :closedeye

And this is only your opinion, nothing else.
Nobody is asking you to listen to them, also you didn't "grow out" it's just your music taste what is slightly diffrent now.

They have sold over 30 MILLION albums, won two Grammys and they are doing better and better each year as thousands people realize how good some nu-metal bands are. So you're opinion "no talent" is way off.

I thought you just said this was only your opinion? So, are you saying, with all these awards, WE HAVE to like them? I personally think they have no talent at all, and I've known this for a while.

Led Zeppelin is waaaaay better in my opinion. Even Blind Melon, the band with only 1 song that's worth listening to, is better.

Daenerys
02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I think it's kind of stupid to argue that a band is good merely because they sell records.

There are a lot of horrible bands out there that sell records, perform sold out gigs, and etc...

Whom even you probably don't like. Personal taste is everything, and attacking someone because their personal taste differs from yours is rediculous.

Beast
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I think it's kind of stupid to argue that a band is good merely because they sell records.

There are a lot of horrible bands out there that sell records, perform sold out gigs, and etc...

Whom even you probably don't like. Personal taste is everything, and attacking someone because their personal taste differs from yours is rediculous.

Amen. I found that music was such an issue in public school it divided everyone up. I was the lucky one to not give a damn about it so I was solo all through school.

niKopol
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM

Me and one of my friends (huge KISS fan) actually had a big discussion about this. We are all desensitized to what good music is anymore, because the music companies are too concerned with the next big seller. So all we get is mass produced garbage, thats rammed down our throats as being the next big thing. Seriously. There's only a select few songs I actually enjoy since 2000 and up... much less bands that I'd go all googely eyed over.

In closing I'd like to say this GIANT FOREHEAD. That is all.

Chaos Proxy
02-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Isnt this the whole idea of a forum?
To discuss and argue about various things?

Doesn't matter if the replyes given seem to be rude or ignorant, as long as posters follow the rules and talk about the topics idea it should be all okay, or am I wrong?

Memento Mori
02-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Isnt this the whole idea of a forum?
To discuss and argue about various things?

Doesn't matter if the replyes given seem to be rude or ignorant, as long as posters follow the rules and talk about the topics idea it should be all okay, or am I wrong?

You're sitting there, arguing about how we're wrong to have our own opinion. Stop getting all antsy everytime someone says they don't like KoRn. Because alot of people don't.

Every time someone says they dislike KoRn, you bring out their record sales and chart ratings, acting as if it's going to change our mind about everything. Seriously, get it through your head. Not everybody likes what you do.

Oh, and record sales, etc. have nothing to do with other's opinions. If they don't like them, bringing up record sales won't change their mind. Yea, I get mad sometimes when people don't like Michael Buble, but I'm not like you were I drag in their record sales and performances on the charts, act like a total jerkwad about it, and try to make them like that one singer.

Get over it.

Chaos Proxy
02-29-2008, 11:10 AM
No, you have haven't either read my posts through or are just bashing right now.

I said that in many posts that I understand and I don't care about opinions, if you don't like it - then don't. If you like it then good for you.
The numbers were posted to prove that he's wrong when he said Korn is doing bad.

So next time you want to play smart one, read through my posts and think why did I post them.

I'll repeat just in case people like don't understand - if you don't like them then you dont , it's fine I don't care. I don't care about opinions - but if you will post wrong facts then I do care.
And just coming into the thread sayng basically "I dont like them" is pointless.

Memento Mori
02-29-2008, 11:14 AM
No, you have haven't either read my posts through or are just bashing right now.

I said that in many posts that I understand and I don't care about opinions, if you don't like it - then don't. If you like it then good for you.
The numbers were posted to prove that he's wrong when he said Korn is doing bad.

So next time you want to play smart one, read through my posts and think why did I post them.

I'll repeat just in case people like don't understand - if you don't like them then you dont , it's fine I don't care. I don't care about opinions - but if you will post wrong facts then I do care.
And just coming into the thread sayng basically "I dont like them" is pointless.

Ahahahahhaha. No, no, seriously. I've read all of your posts. And obviously you DO give a crap what others say about KoRn because you get all butthurt over it whenever they say they suck. Then you end up dragging out the charts, records, etc. Trying to prove them "wrong".

I've heard many of their newer records and they all suck. And many other people say that, so you tell them "Uh, no, they had "x" many sales, so they're good."

You get all mad just because someone doesn't like your opinion, or others for that matter. So you do care basically.

Chaos Proxy
02-29-2008, 11:44 AM
No : D

I honestly don't care if someone doesn't like the band, I know many people in real life who dislike them.
The only thing I care about is when someone troll's in this thread.

Here's a small quote what a internet forum TROLL is :

An Internet troll is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I know it's bad to "feed" the trolls, but I won't let someone shout some wrong information about the band. [As like they are not selling well, are breaking up or similar.]
And again (I think I'm supposed to add this to every post now) : I don't care about opinions, we all have them, neither I want to convince anyone.

So let's discuss the band now. Not argue who is wrong and who is right. =_=

kagomei
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
well i love korn but i dont really know many songs because my mom banded me from music and she doesnt allow rock music in her house but korn is one of my favorites

Datenshi
03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey, it's an immensely popular rock band. Having haters isn't even a bad thing, ain't it? :P

The only album I own is Follow the Leader.

Some songs I listen once in a while despite myself:
Make Me Bad
Word Up
Twisted Transistor

daft
03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Korn. But I can honestly say that I like them. Though I can't help but feel like their music is missing a little something. I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps it's the fact that I listen to a slightly more brutal genre of music (Ekkaia, Orchid, Envy, ect.). Maybe Korn should've stepped it up a notch, I dunno. I do think Jonathan Davis has an amazingly good voice though. It's depressingly sweet with anguish.

Inactive Account 0061
03-12-2008, 12:11 PM
my fav songs are:
Dead Bodies Everywhere,
Twisted Transistor,
Evolution,
Kiss,
Blind

(and i LOVE all the others to xD)

-Kitsune-
03-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Korn is pretty good but they aren't one of my top favorite bands =/

My fave songs by them are:
Twisted Transistor
Blind
Make me Bad
Hold On

Chaos Proxy
04-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Anyone heard the "Somebody Someone" remix by LukHash? In my opinion it sounds better than the original, lawlz.

[Yes, this is a pathetic try to bump this thread =.=]

BK_201
04-04-2008, 06:27 AM
The remix is good, but I prefer the original song^^

I´m not a huge Korn fan, but I really enjoy their music. They have some very good songs I´m often listen to, mostly when I´m playing games.
When I´m listening to "Starting Over", it always reminds me of the game "Portal"...the lyrics are really fitting somehow...lol