PDA

View Full Version : Seto no Hanayome

Setosan
02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I am surprised there isn't a thread for this epic anime.

Seto no Hanayome's story revolves around a young teenage boy named Nagasumi Michishio. One day during his summer vacation, Nagasumi was saved from drowning by a mermaid, San Setouichi, in the Seto Inland Sea. However, under mermaid law, if a mermaid's identity as a mermaid has been revealed, both the mermaid who was involved and the human who saw the mermaid are to be executed. In an attempt to save both Nagasumi and San's lives, San's family, which is apparently the head of its own mob, reluctantly decides that the two are to be married.
Gōzaburō, San's father, however, is enraged about his daughter running off and getting married, especially to a human whom he deems inferior. Between Gōzaburō's attempts on his life and the madcap antics of a whole slew of antagonists — including the daughter of a rival mobster and a rich male transfer student with an attraction for San — Nagasumi is not enjoying a very smooth transition into his new lifestyle.

It's hilarious. I honestly paused it a few times to laugh so I wouldn't miss anything. This show has turned on a bunch of my friends to anime, and they all agree this show is amazing. All the characters are loveable, and the finale is supremely epic. I recomend this show to highest extent of recomendation. Watch it now.

Zoga
02-21-2008, 01:37 PM
This anime made my day every time when I watched it(very funny), I like comedy/a bit romance animes a lot.:D

The reaction of Nagasumi wehn Masa-San shows up is great. :) :laugh: