PDA

View Full Version : Racism!

omniking3
02-17-2008, 01:25 AM
I think my friend Jergling here gets his message over pretty well here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No3vvk6Lrs0

Don't you think this is true? Why do people be racist?

clowangel
02-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Good video. And I agree completely. What is the reason for being racist anyway? ~~; Well, I'm also from the North and I'm not sure how the situation down south is at all, or if people there really are that racist, but I've heard rumors about some. Not pretty rumors.

Seriously, like he said. Get over it. *nod*

Asriel
02-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Gosh i'm not even that far down and really people are racist here like I don't know what.I say GET OVER IT but all you hear are them bickering and saying very ignorant stuff about one another,God no wonder why most of there freaking behinds are being held back anyway.
*Ahem*
Anyway yeah true just get over it and go somewhere else with that crap.

My bro is so racist and so are his friends that he came to me and said"Hey we came up with a joke at school(Hes a senior but an complete idiot),"
The joke is "Hey you people killed my TRIBE!I'm going to bring an axe to school!" Thats so freaking racist and I can't believe him and his friends actually laughed at that.

PEOPLE JUST GET OVER IT!
(I'm only mad over it because of how much of it is at school and in life)

genericusername2
02-17-2008, 01:57 AM
That guy looks 8 years old but sounds 40.

Sanosuke23
02-17-2008, 04:03 AM
Someone needs to tell him that the majority of those racist comments are people specifically posting racist comments to upset people. While I agree that YouTube's moderation is lacking when it comes to policing these things, he seems to not get that out of those "over a thousand" comments, I'd say less than half and closer to a third of them are real White Nationalists that honestly believe what they're posting.

They have a right to speak their ignorance, and you have a right to click the thumbs-down and ignore that ignorance. Provided nobody's breaking any laws, in real life they can say whatever they please. Similarly, I can grab the nearest black woman(or man, I'm not picky when proving a point) and invite her(or him) to make out with me in front of them to piss them off right back. :3

YouTube does have rules against racist comments I believe, though, but they've always sucked at moderation. Why is this shocking to him?

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately, I can not view this video at this time. Anyways, I'd say that people are racist because they're ignorant, but is it a high crime to be racist? No. It's just how humans are born and raised, and however they're educated is embedded into their minds, which effects how they view others. Take me and the Chinese people for example. Ever since Bruce Lee and the Kung-Fu craze appeared and swept America off it's feet, people have a greater misconception of what Chinese culture really is. Now that Americans have watched our movies, they now switch from saying, "Ching, Chong, Chung, Bukahiah!" to, *monkey screeches* *performs wrong move* Now people think we're a race of super fighters, and we're picked on for that. Some Chinese don't even practice Kung-Fu and don't even know what it is, and no, there isn't a law stating that all Chinese know Kung-Fu. It's not Bruce Lee's, or Jet Li's or Jackie Chan's, or etc fault, but it isn't our fault either. To me, those movies made by Mr. Lee especially, were more than entertainment and to show kung-Fu, but a way to stand up to our Western opressers. I keep trying to battle racism, and that darn misconception of what Chinese really are. I keep trying to tell people to stop treating me like some kind of God, or some kind of champion fighter, 'cause quite frankly, I'm not even close. I know I'm ignorant for saying this, but have people seen the UFC lately? Kung-Fu and Karate guys get creamed all the time by Brazillian Ju Jitsu guys and Muay Thai guys all the time. I'm Chinese and proud to admit it! No racist in the world will ever make me think or feel differently! Sorry for my rant of a story, just had to clear some things up.

clowangel
02-17-2008, 08:49 AM
@Cameron: Isn't that less of racism..but more of stereotyping? @@; Just like how 'all asians are awesome at math'?

Aizmov
02-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not even remotely racists, maybe because of my believe in Emacs and its teachings, mostly because my family is mixed, Caucasian, African and Asian :D

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-17-2008, 08:59 AM
@Cameron: Isn't that less of racism..but more of stereotyping? @@; Just like how 'all asians are awesome at math'?
Yeah, sorry, I can tend to get off topic a little and make a rant of a story sometimes, but I'm still proving a good point.

Edit: And I'm an Asian that isn't good at math, or rather, I don't apply myself.

Nariko
02-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Racism is completely bull in my honest opinion. It's aways been like that ever since. I'm Japanese and Greek and it does get annoying when I'm assumed to be Chinese. o_o; There's other Asian countries besides China. Retards. >_> Prove to show that there's a lot of ignorant people in the world.

They should kill themselves and stop making the human race more retarded than it is today.

Aizmov
02-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Racism is completely bull in my honest opinion. It's aways been like that ever since. I'm Japanese and Greek and it does get annoying when I'm assumed to be Chinese. o_o; There's other Asian countries besides China. Retards. >_> Prove to show that there's a lot of ignorant people in the world.

They should kill themselves and stop making the human race more retarded than it is today.

Don't let it get to you. whenever people make an ethnic or racist remark about me I laugh at them :laugh:

Fuu Kasumi
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, and I don't see too much racism, but that doesn't mean there isn't any at all. Other parts of MS and Louisiana might be a different story though. Sure, there're those few moronic students at my school who try to claim that our teachers are racist and such, which is a total load of bollocks.
Here, it's more of a stereotyping problem, not racist.

I'm Japanese and Greek and it does get annoying when I'm assumed to be Chinese.
One of my friends is half Mexican and half caucasian, people assume that SHE is Chinese.
And there are some people from Vietnam who live here who are often thought to be Japanese.

Aratos
02-17-2008, 10:36 AM
I hate redundant threads on racism more than racism itself.

I hate the current attitudes towards racism that do nothing to actual deal with it more than reduntant threads about racism, which in turn I hate more than racism itself.

I think...

Aratos
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
So do I. I'm not sure tho, so I'm going to wait and see if I'm heading where I think I'm heading.

Aratos
02-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Go where?

This is confusing...

╬Karami Mew~Meow
02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
heh, actually, when I was in my country, I didn't see anybody experiencing this racist thing. I just noticed it here in US, how there's alot of cultures here, since US is pretty mixed up. So yeah, there really is no need to put racism in anything. I mean, everybody's human! All God's children, so yeah. Wth? It's just messed up. And, I'm only talking bout the serious ones, since my friends' are pretty raciest themselves... And my dad too -__- *sigh* So, I can't say much about this problem.

Nariko
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't let it get to you. whenever people make an ethnic or racist remark about me I laugh at them :laugh:
Of course I don't let it get to me, I tell them to fxck off and I flick them off. After that, I walk out calling them silly shxtfaces.

Sanosuke23
02-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Of course I don't let it get to me, I tell them to fxck off and I flick them off. After that, I walk out calling them silly shxtfaces.

Tell me, how exactly do you pronounce those x's? They seem like that would sound terribly awkward.

yoko.......
02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
ew i hate that vidoe i couldn't even stand 1 second i just kept looking at his nose its like the nose is the most important because its right in the middle of the face and people are racist because its fun its been fun for years i be racist about everyone even me its just a little way to have fun but if you mean big racists that do it for making people feel bad its because of their parents, go to school. i know i only went for like 9 years then passed =]

realms89
02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
this video is pointless its just some kid complaining about something that cant be fixed people are entitled to their opinions even if the majority on you tube happen to be racist on particular videos you cant stop racism its sad but true so just accept it

Ramona Flowers
02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
There's so many stereotypes out there, why is racism so special? :\

I live in Texas, and yeah, there's a lot of "racist" folk down here. But the dream that all of humanity will accept everyone and not judge others for stupid reasons is.. well an unrealistic dream, and I'm an optimist saying that. So.. get over it. o_o

Knightmare
02-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I live in Alabama and I don't often see any racism, it a rare occurance, though occasionally it happens. Mostly towards Hispanics.

Asriel
02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, and I don't see too much racism, but that doesn't mean there isn't any at all. Other parts of MS and Louisiana might be a different story though. Sure, there're those few moronic students at my school who try to claim that our teachers are racist and such, which is a total load of bollocks.
Here, it's more of a stereotyping problem, not racist.

One of my friends is half Mexican and half caucasian, people assume that SHE is Chinese.
And there are some people from Vietnam who live here who are often thought to be Japanese.

Okay thats just ignorant =_=.
I'm Chinese(even though you can't tell much)but you do hear that type of crap going on.HELLO there are other countries than CHINA!!!!
Gosh they just assume someone is something because,really that shows how stupid they are don't know anything about the freaking world!

Tayuya+
02-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Aww, the boy in the video is cute :3

I think he makes a great point. Racism is stupid, and should be stopped. What are they getting out of doing all this?

Also, Yoko..... that was totally uncalled for and rude

Konata Izumi
02-19-2008, 01:18 AM
No. I don't plan on viewing the video, I've had enough racism speeches for one day. ;p

Anyway. Two of my friends are rather racist actually, it gets annoying but I guess I can't really argue with them after how much they've been bullied before.

International 4-8818
02-19-2008, 01:45 AM
racism is an evolutionary step. We are animals. You don't see a coyote being friends with a bear. Much that same with different colors of the human race.

ComposerOfRequiems
02-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Tell me, how exactly do you pronounce those x's? They seem like that would sound terribly awkward.
Attempt at being funny and/or witty on the internet: failed.

lol, racism. Who cares? It's all shock value, much like goatse and lemon party are on the internet.

bankai
02-19-2008, 05:51 AM
heh, actually, when I was in my country, I didn't see anybody experiencing this racist thing. I just noticed it here in US

I saw a movie last year...i think it was called "Crash" and it wasn't only about racism but about discrimination in general...And i've also seen some reviews which stated how good the film was and that it being good was due the fact that it was very similar with the reality there(in the US)...And i was like...what the hell!!! No offence for any user from the US... but Jesus!!Are you people out of your mind?! What's with all that fear of the different ones, what's with all the paranoia?! I know that not all the people are like that but the reviews said that the movie was very close to reality...

Daenerys
02-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Do we really need three of these threads?

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=68559&page=3&highlight=racism

And then the one in the pay to post forum e.e