PDA

View Full Version : Let's say...MONSTER (anime)

Hamashimura
02-15-2008, 06:07 AM
I've just finished watching this masterpiece,and I can say that I really like it...
I've read manga,and anime version of Monster is a faithful adaptation of the entire story (mostly recreated shot for shot and scene for scene compared to the original manga)...The few subtle differences include short snippets of additional dialogue and slight re-ordering of scenes in places...
But that's not the point...

Monster anime is about Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany...He has incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital...However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor...As a result he lost the support of the hospital director,as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance...A short time later,the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered,and once again he was catapulted back onto the top...But as the chief suspect of the murders,Tenma did not get a easy life,for it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be...Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders,and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this...

- credits to animenewsnetwork,where I've found info,for I'm lazy to type -

My personal opinions on Monster:

One of the greatest anime I've seen by now...
It even beats my long time favorite,Gilgamesh and Wolf's Rain...
Anime itself is full of psychological tension,and runs deep into the human psyche...
Combine it with mix of emotions and reason,and you get perfect picture of nowadays human with it's life problems (atleast similar)...
I especially loved how this anime runs on the edge of reality,and it's ability to end series without leaving me with unanswered questions is amazing...
Unlike many others who just leave open end,or end with many,and I mean MANY unanswered questions,Monster manages to answer all of them through episodes...
There are just a few fillers,as for as I've noticed,and music in it is brilliant,for it really matches the mood of it...
Especially during some events,when it can be really disturbing (in horor-ish mood,lol)
There's not jumping from one story to another,there's no jumping to years after (sometimes is,but is completely explained) ...

Anime itself has brilliant plot,and I like how it mixes drama,mistery and psychologycal views...
Complete plot development is great,anime is mature and really enjoyable to watch...
I'd highly recommend this to anyone who's into mature anime,for this is not something to be missed out...

Now,I'd like to see what are your opinions on it...
Anyone seen it...? If you had,how do you feel about it...?
Is there something you would change in it...?
Is there something you might left out of it...?

Thank you for reading ^-^