B.Y.O.B
Questions
Hynotize
Lonely Day

I'd like consider them Rock

So anyways does anyone Listen to them?

Kagemaru-San
02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm really amazed no one replied to ur thread, Gaara...
S.O.A.D has to be my favorite band by far.
I love the versatility of the styles in their songs...but what I like most about them is the political awareness which is clearly discernible in their lyrics...

Serj Tankian had a solo album released recently entitled "Empty Walls" I think...I hope that doesn't mean the end of S.O.A.D...

kale
02-15-2008, 07:49 PM
love them! especialy B.Y.O.B.!

Brewmaster
02-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I have just recently gotten into the Metal/Rock (not sure which one this is i think it's metal) music and i really like it.Sure S.O.A.D. is great.I like all of their songs.Pretty cool is the B.Y.O.B song.I watched some spots on youtube and they are awesome too.They go pretty good for AMV's.Since i have seen allot of them.Ohh yeah this can never be the end of S.O.A.D. there must be more!!! :]

Metronome
02-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Serj's solo album was called March of the Dead Empty Walls was just a single off that album but anyway SOAD is pretty cool. They're so random they deserve their own genre I mean look at songs like the zelda song, chic n stu and vicinity of obscenity...haha terracotta pie may not exist but I want it.

Setosan
02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I can't stand them. Chop Suey is their only good song.

shinjuuzumaki13
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
System of the Down is one of the most political bands ever, but still, THEY KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES!!!

Setosan
02-19-2008, 11:46 AM
SOAd is one of the most political bands ever, but still, THEY KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES!!!

The only good political band is Rage Against The Machine. RATM does it right.

Gaarademon
02-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Serj's solo album was called March of the Dead
It's Elect the Dead

and you two fighting over system of a down I'm gonna say this the nicest way I can. Shut Up!!!
Setosan had the right to say if he likeS system of a down or not and he said no they "Suck"
whatever man if you think that it's fine by me I have no problems with that so dont go having an argument over it CHILL OUT
Thank You

Myrra
02-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Children, behave. Any more of this nonsense and I'll see what I can do to get your accounts banned for flaming. People have a right to their opinions. RESPECT THEM, and they'll respect yours!
If you want to start a fight, take it far away from here cos it's against the rules!

Metronome
02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Awwww c'mon Myrra you know how long it took to type that >.<. Geez i'm sorry, but you could of at least left it there and closed the thread =[

Setosan
02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Children, behave. Any more of this nonsense and I'll see what I can do to get your accounts banned for flaming. People have a right to their opinions. RESPECT THEM, and they'll respect yours!
If you want to start a fight, take it far away from here cos it's against the rules!

I agree with this statement

Aizmov
02-21-2008, 02:03 PM
There music isn't bad at all, the lyrics are OK too. The thing is they are too Anti-American, which seems to be the trendy thing these days for some reason :)

Setosan
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
It's Elect the Dead

and you two fighting over system of a down I'm gonna say this the nicest way I can. Shut Up!!!
Setosan had the right to say if he likeS system of a down or not and he said no they "Suck"
whatever man if you think that it's fine by me I have no problems with that so dont go having an argument over it CHILL OUT
Thank You

I can't stand them. Chop Suey is their only good song.

Does that look like I said SOAD sucks? My friend you need to learn how to read you moron

Maggotworm
02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Does that look like I said SOAD sucks? My friend you need to learn how to read you moron
I'll say SOAD sucks ;0

edit: BTW, my name is maggotworm, im a new member, pleased to meet you all =D

.-Himura-Kenshin-.
02-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes I like some of their songs namely BYOB, Chop Suey, and Lonely Day.

ROCK ON! :banghead:

Gaarademon
02-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Steal This Album will always be my favorite Album
then System of a Down, Toxicity, Mezmerize, then Hypnotize in that order.

Fat_Daron
02-28-2008, 10:01 AM
i LOVE them but i have to agree with setosan, they themselves have said they are not a political band, and BTW the first album kicks ***!

Tempest Valkura
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I love "Lonely Day."

Sephi.bang
03-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Bwahaha! I love System of a Down! They're one of my favorite bands of all time. It's too bad about their hiatus, but you can't really expect them to keep cranking out albums forever. Atleast they've got something to pass the time with. I can't wait until Daron's Scars on Broadway comes out. Serj's Elect the Dead was really good. I liked it, and the music videos for "Empty Walls" and "Unthinking Majority".

Beast
03-19-2008, 11:18 AM
System of a Down is an alright band, Mezmerize was my favourite album. Though, Serj Tankian's solo stuff is pretty good also.

Zelly
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I lurve Daron.

Serj has cool hair, John has an awesome monkey, and Shavo is just too cool. =D

I liked Steal This Album and Toxicity. Deer Dance, and Ego Brain are such good songs.

Yes, System is a very political band, they demonstrate their views through musical expression. There is no "right" way to do that, I beg to differ. System has a right to be very political, just look at where they're coming from with the Armenian genocide and such. They have a perfect right to be very political. If you don't think that they do, don't listen to them. It's that easy. Just saying, not meaning to offend anyone.