PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Killapac
02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
which one u think is better Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Sanosuke23
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I will judge the PS3 when they actually make a game for it.

Tech demos don't count, even if they are charging you for them.

Zenx
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
The PS3 is kinda being an epic fail at the moment... no games, expensive, sixaxis (which is the worst rip-off of the Wii ever), no rumble, etc.

The 360 is doing much better and (as much as I don't want to say this) is the console I am going to be getting (already have a Wii [and am very happy with it]).

overwatch
02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
its an unfair comparison currently: the 360 and wii were developed and finished before the PS3, but sony had to push forward the release date to stay in the game - thus the PS3 is not finished and is not supported with the release games. Last year was the year for (surprisingly) the Wii and the 360 this comming two years should see sony dig themselves out of the pit and pull together - they have a long way to climb, but they are far from out of the game

~*Red*~
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Even thought I might be getting a PS3, I have to say XBox 360 because it has games for it and not just tech demos.

International 4-8818
02-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Oh NOES! (puts on firefighter suit) PREPARE FOR FLAME WAR!

anyway, i choose the 360 A) because the games are much better. I do not care for Japanese style games such as FF. B) Sony failed like Ricky Martin thinking his carrier would live for ever. C) I have already invested to much into my xbox to switch systems. D) if my ps3 broke it would be sent to japan which would be murder to get back when i could send it in america with 360 (comes in handy with the dreaded ring of death).

Now the only complanits i have with the 360 which are not enough of an impact for me to go holy JEBUS! Blah Blah Blah (insert ps3 fanboy monologue) (insert insufficient evidence) (insert whinny rant) I'M SWITCHING! Those for me would be the red ring of death and the noise of the fans and disc drive.

Why does the red ring of death not bother me so much? Because xbox has a great repair service and when mine broke it took two weeks for it to come back and I got a free month of live. That's fine by me. As for th noise, i rather hear that then my Girlfriend ranting why she does not get enough attention.

As for graphics, honestly, i could care less. they are pretty much the same. and i know some idiot is going to contradict me by saying "oh but there is such a big difference" not from what i have seen. they look the same to me.

For me the 360 wins partially because of all the exclusive games it has.

Zenx
"The PS3 is kinda being an epic fail at the moment... no games, expensive, sixaxis (which is the worst rip-off of the Wii ever), no rumble, etc."

I have to put this to death. Not being a fan boy for sony, it was actually sony who created it first. remeber for the ps1 came out. There biggest hit was Warhawk (yes there was a warhawk for the ps1). A couple of months later they released a tilt controller for the ps1 for warhawk which could have also been used for many other games. Now remember when the ps1 was born. Ages ago way before nintendo started thinking of the wiimote.

Azel
02-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Xbox 360 so I can play my Oblivion in peace.

Hungry man
02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I have to go with the Xbox 360 because it has better games than PS3 at the moment.

(_YvOnSo_)
02-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Xbox 360, for real. I've loved Xboxes my whole life. And once I saw it and looked at its dashboard, its main menu, I couldn't resist it.

Gaarademon
02-12-2008, 11:18 AM
XBOX 360 all the way
I own one and most of the games they made were great
Im looking foward to only one game for PS3 and thats MGS4

StabWound
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
I have both and I prefer the PS3.

No games? I own Uncharted, Unreal Tournament 3, Ratchet and Clank Future, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Folklore, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ridge Racer 7 and Time Crisis 4.

No Rumble? Ever heard of Dual Shock 3?

Expensive? the 40gb is only $50 more than a premium 360 and $50 LESS than an elite.

Sony failed like Ricky Martin thinking his carrier would live for ever.
Really because The PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007. (http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-106357.aspx)

if my ps3 broke it would be sent to japan which would be murder to get back when i could send it in america with 360
They fix them in Washington, not that you would have to worry about that considering it has a 0.02% failure rate unlike the 360's 33%

rf switch
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Theres games for the PS3 just do some research. Not all are even tech demos.

The first year of the PS2 sucked and that turned out to be and ok system with a good selection of games.

blackrosetwilight
02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
niether

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I got a PS3 the day it came out, via preordered. Plugged it in, and it didn't turn on. Called up the phone number that I got from the Sony website, and I get this angry black woman that seemed to not care about my problem whatsoever. I returned the PS3 for a full refund, and bought a Wii.

Never regretted my decision.

Gravemaker
02-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Those who say there aren't games for PS3 really aren't paying attention.
Rachet & Clank & Eye of Judgement are both amazing games. I will admit until Eye of Judgement I wasn't to swayed but it really is incredible.

Inactive Account 0061
02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Ps3 <3!

Sanosuke23
02-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Theres games for the PS3 just do some research. Not all are even tech demos.

The first year of the PS2 sucked and that turned out to be and ok system with a good selection of games.

Well, I don't think I said that the system sucked. I'm pretty sure what I said was that I would withhold my judgment for when it got something.

You want me to seriously pass judgment? Fine. Heavenly Sword isn't very good compared to other similar games, I liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma... BACK WHEN IT WAS THE ORIGINAL NINJA GAIDEN FOR THE XBOX, Unreal is always better on PC, there is no such thing as an entertaining racing game, Folklore is boring, Time Crisis 4 is a letdown, Ratchet and Clank is an alright franchise but I personally find it wholly uninteresting, and Resistance is a valid effort but not terribly good. Eye of Judgment, while looking promising, will fail as a long-term project because TCG video games NEVER GET ANY LONG-TERM SUPPORT. How can they sell sequels if they just update the first game with new cards? It's counterproductive.

The PS3 is new, and Sony can never make a system that's got a strong first year. I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but folks that looooove the system/company just can't leave well enough alone, so there's your elaboration.

I'm not a fan of their overall smug attitude about it, either. When you sell a DEMO for 30 bucks, the price of a budget title and it's not even a complete game, then you don't deserve my money. When you sell a "game" that is little more than a showcase for ragdoll physics, you don't deserve my money. When you say people should take out a second job to buy your system, YOU DON'T DESERVE MY MONEY. When your advertisements suck, and your excuse was "they were too clever for the consumer to understand," YOU DON'T DESERVE MY MONEY. What you deserve is to fail miserably, and go the way of the Atari Jaguar and Virtual Boy.

There are some promising games on the horizon, and Sony seems to be getting a bit more humble, so MAYBE I'll look into it later this year. However, this wasn't about bashing one or the other, this was about which you think is better. Right now, the 360 is better. It has a ton of fun games, a decent community, and fast-responding customer support.

"Oh, but there's a 33% RRoD rate," you whine. Let me tell you something: There's a 33% failure rate, but Microsoft addressed it promptly, let the public know, and will gladly fix it. You know what Sony did when lenses were scratching discs because they were placed improperly? "Too bad. Stick it on its side or something." What about when the first batch of PS2s started showing signs of wear and tear prematurely? "Guess you should go out and buy a new one."

Yeah, good job, Sony. Way to endear yourself to the consumer base.

As for the PS3 outselling the 360, perhaps you should read the source from that link. Here, I'll link it: http://www.gameblews.com/?p=6116

According to that, and I quote:

Today sony released its Q3 figures showing sales of 4.90 million units worldwide.
The total for 2007 is now 8.83 million units, taken from official Sony numbers
Official Sony Source: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3_sale_e.html
According to Gamespot, Microsoft’s tally for 2007 was 7.3 million units.
Gamespot Source: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6184291.html
With all the negative news towards the PS3 in 2007, it just shows that at the end of the day, the numbers tell the real story.
Considering the PS3 didnt go on sale in the EU till 23rd March 2007, its quite an achievement for Sony to be ouselling the 360 by 1.5 million units in 2007
UPDATE: For all those that are complaining that the gamespot xbox 360 figures are not correct. Robbie Bach pointed out in the Microsoft CES keynote speech of January 2007 that they had sold 10.4 million units.
Forward to 6 minutes and 30 secs Robbie Bach clearly states they have sold 10.4 millions consoles as of 31st December 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfIDBqOxYRs

http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/msft-2q-fy07-xbox360.jpgLink: http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/msft-2q-fy07-xbox360.jpg
Also taken from Major Nelson’s Blog for January 2008 shows a total sell through of 17.7 million units

Soooooo, according to Official Sony Numbers vs. Official Microsoft Numbers, 360 wins.

Aizmov
02-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Based on games that YOU CAN BUY RIGHT NOW, the XBOX360 is a better choice than the PS3.

Jose
02-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I got a PS3 the day it came out, via preordered. Plugged it in, and it didn't turn on. Called up the phone number that I got from the Sony website, and I get this angry black woman that seemed to not care about my problem whatsoever. I returned the PS3 for a full refund, and bought a Wii.

I don't blame you, the PS3 was over hyped as being the best gaming system that the world had ever seen. I also prefer the Wii to both the PS3 or the XBOX360. PS3 promised to be so great when other than the different of the blu(e)-ray [PS3] and hi-def [xbox360]. I don't see much of a difference they both have about the same games [if not the same] I think that Nintendo was they only who actually was smart enough to think of a new invention, something the general public had not seen before. For that reason alone I have a Wii not a PS3 or Xbox360 I am not saying that they are bad system but not my style. I kind anticipated the bug on the PS3

Light Buster
02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I have both and I prefer the PS3.

No games? I own Uncharted, Unreal Tournament 3, Ratchet and Clank Future, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Folklore, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ridge Racer 7 and Time Crisis 4.

Most of them are bad except Rachet & Clank and Resistance. Time Crisis 4 that may turn out good.

No Rumble? Ever heard of Dual Shock 3?

No, I'm sorry.

Expensive? the 40gb is only $50 more than a premium 360 and $50 LESS than an elite.

PS3: $600

Xbox 360: $300

Really because The PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007. (http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-106357.aspx)

But Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and most importantly, Bioshock, helped made the 360 make a comeback. Destroying the PS3 to its knees.

They fix them in Washington, not that you would have to worry about that considering it has a 0.02% failure rate unlike the 360's 33%

Because people play too much and the PS3 overheats on the spot.

niether

Then why post here?

This is why you get the 360.

Those who say there aren't games for PS3 really aren't paying attention.
Rachet & Clank & Eye of Judgement are both amazing games. I will admit until Eye of Judgement I wasn't to swayed but it really is incredible.

Rachet & Clank is good I have to admit.

Ps3 <3!

Bioshock + Call of Duty 4 + Halo 3 = PS3 <3 breaker.

Based on games that YOU CAN BUY RIGHT NOW, the XBOX360 is a better choice than the PS3.

Agreed.

Asriel
02-15-2008, 02:11 PM

Thats good.The Wii is the best I say,I have it sitting in my room and knowone touches it accept me >D(lol)

Anyway I've played all three.I own my Wii,my cousin has a Xbox360 and my uncle has a PS3.So out of all three yeah i'd fo with the wii but since this is about the ps3 and the xbox360,i'd have to go with the PS3.I had more fun playing with that one than the xbox360 and plus,I never liked it anyway.

x-FaTMaN-x
02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
The xBoX 360 kicks ***:p

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-15-2008, 03:00 PM
@Hectic: I've had a 360 since the day it came out, and NEVER had a problem with it. It has a long list of games that I would like to play, and an even longer list of games that are to come.

Perpetual Specter
02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I'd say the 360 is better to me. Even if the PS3 has those extremely good graphics, the 360 has much better games and that's what mostly counts in my opinion. I don't care near as much about super-terrific graphics or blu-ray near as much as I do about the fun of the game itself.

Edit: I like the Wii better than either of them too Jose. Lol. =p

Jose
02-15-2008, 05:01 PM
@ SC-me too that is I like the Wii a lot more than the 360 of PS3 they might have better graphics and more advance features, but i think that the Wii games are so much more fun

StabWound
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
@ Hecticmaniac

Sorry, but you're clearly a fanboy.

The PS3 is no longer $600, going by US retail they're

80GB/60GB - $499 - 80gb harddrive, blu-ray, wi-fi, recargable controller, 1.3 HDMI, Optical sound, 4 USB ports, SD, flash, memstick readers, Motorstorm

40GB - $399 - 40gb harddrive, blu-ray, wi-fi, recargable controller, 1.3 HDMI, Optical sound, 2 USB ports spiderman 3 blu-ray

Premium 360 - $349 - 20 gb hardrive, headset, Component cables, 1.2 HDMI, 3 USB ports

Elite 360 - $449 - 120 gb hardrive, headset, Component cables, 1.2 HDMI, 3 USB ports

And even with Halo 3, Bioshock (also on PC) and Call of Duty 4 (also on PS3 and PC) the 360 couldn't outsell the PS3 in 2007, what do you think is going to happen in 2008 when the 360 has nothing coming as big as Halo 3 while PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, HOME, Little Big Planet ect still up it's sleeves? seriously...

Sanosuke23
02-16-2008, 12:54 AM
And even with Halo 3, Bioshock (also on PC) and Call of Duty 4 (also on PS3 and PC) the 360 couldn't outsell the PS3 in 2007, what do you think is going to happen in 2008 when the 360 has nothing coming as big as Halo 3 while PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, HOME, Little Big Planet ect still up it's sleeves? seriously...

I like how you're ignoring the fact that I posted evidence to the contrary.

Now I could dismiss you as "just a fanboy" but since that's flamebait and I'm not that stupid, I'm just going to stop posting and let you either provide further evidence to refute my evidence, take back the claim, or continue to hold on to that illusion in this thread without me.

JD_Himself
02-16-2008, 09:47 AM

Now I could dismiss you as "just a fanboy" but since that's flamebait and I'm not that stupid, I'm just going to stop posting and let you either provide further evidence to refute my evidence, take back the claim, or continue to hold on to that illusion in this thread without me.

aaaawwww gotta say it!.......PWNED.

lol I will admit I bought a ps3 on the first day it came out...but i also never opend it. I sold it on ebay to buy myself my first car. I've got an xbox 360 now, it got the red rings of death but im kinda computer savvy so i managed to fix the problem at home. I'm going to have to vote 360 as the better system...Xbox Live is just the best...

StabWound
02-16-2008, 02:28 PM

Forward to 6 minutes and 30 secs Robbie Bach clearly states they have sold 10.4 millions consoles as of 31st December 2006

You realize I'm talking about 2007 right? that just proves my point, if they sold 10.4 total at the end of 2006 and are now at a total of 17.7 that means they sold a total of 7.3 in 2007, sony sold a total of 8.8, therefore the PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007.

XBOX360

2005 - 1.5
2006 - 8.9
2007 - 7.3
Total - 17.7

PS3

2005 - 0.0
2006 - 1.7 (only out for a month and a half)
2007 - 8.8
Total - 10.5

http://play.tm/wire/cluster/1721495
http://www.gameblews.com/?p=6116
http://www.gamegrep.com/news/3687-ps3_out_sells_360_in_north_america/
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/other-games/32899-ps3-outsells-360-2007-a.html
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/02/15/sony-strikes-back-with-a-list-of-their-own/
http://www.thesimexchange.com/blogpost.php?post_id=474
http://www.gamefreaks365.com/newsarticle.php?sid=2594
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51108
http://thegamingsource.blogspot.com/2008/02/2007-sony-ps3-sells-883-million-xbox.html
http://forums.bioware.com/forums/
viewtopic.html?topic=617854&forum=22&sp=0
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/bu...in&oref=slogin
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...114_737476.htm

I own both system and enjoy both, but I'm going by fact.

Now "I'm just going to stop posting and let you either provide further evidence to refute my evidence, admit you misunderstood, or continue to hold on to that illusion in this thread without me."

bakakame
02-17-2008, 01:02 AM
I generally see PS3 sales (to date) averaging about 9 million, not 10.5. Not wishing to be confrontational, but even if it was 10.5 that seems kinda dissapointing considering how much of fanbase Playstation is supposed to have.

Also, while I can understand FFXIII and MGS4 (as low as my opinion of those franchises is) being big names, do you really believe Home and LBP to be system sellers? That feels like saying solitare is a selling point when buying a computer. Besides, the X360 2008 lineup is a lot stronger than people seem to think. It may be time for an ACTUAL price drop though, 2 years and only down $50? I understand you want to prioritize securing a profit but come on, you have the advantage of being the popular standard as far as "next gen" gaming goes, someone in the company had to have realised that.

StabWound
02-17-2008, 03:38 AM
I generally see PS3 sales (to date) averaging about 9 million, not 10.5. Not wishing to be confrontational, but even if it was 10.5 that seems kinda dissapointing considering how much of fanbase Playstation is supposed to have.

Also, while I can understand FFXIII and MGS4 (as low as my opinion of those franchises is) being big names, do you really believe Home and LBP to be system sellers? That feels like saying solitare is a selling point when buying a computer. Besides, the X360 2008 lineup is a lot stronger than people seem to think. It may be time for an ACTUAL price drop though, 2 years and only down $50? I understand you want to prioritize securing a profit but come on, you have the advantage of being the popular standard as far as "next gen" gaming goes, someone in the company had to have realised that.

PS3 sales at 10.5 mil (confirmed by sony):
http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-107970.aspx

Yeah it is pretty good actually, considering with hardly any games it still managed to have a better launch than 360, and even outsold 360 when it had it's huge year headstart library.

Last month alone

*The PlayStation brand was #1 in both hardware and software in January.

*The PlayStation brand sold more hardware units than Nintendo and Microsoft combined (764K versus 530K and 230K, respectively).

*PlayStation total hardware revenue was $196 million in January; surpassing the total hardware revenue of Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

*PlayStation total software revenue in January was $224 million, 38% higher than Microsoft.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Also, It's went down $100 ($600 to $500, $500 to $400) in less than a year and a half.

Home and LBP are currently being extremely hyped, so yes I expect them to sell some systems.

Sanosuke23
02-17-2008, 04:17 AM
You realize I'm talking about 2007 right? that just proves my point, if they sold 10.4 total at the end of 2006 and are now at a total of 17.7 that means they sold a total of 7.3 in 2007, sony sold a total of 8.8, therefore the PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007.

XBOX360

2005 - 1.5
2006 - 8.9
2007 - 7.3
Total - 17.7

PS3

2005 - 0.0
2007 - 8.8
Total - 10.5

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/02/15/sony-strikes-back-with-a-list-of-their-own/
http://thegamingsource.blogspot.com/2008/02/2007-sony-ps3-sells-883-million-xbox.html
viewtopic.html?topic=617854&forum=22&sp=0 (http://forums.bioware.com/forums/%3Cbr%20/%3E%0Aviewtopic.html?topic=617854&forum=22&sp=0)

Now "I'm just going to stop posting and let you either provide further evidence to refute my evidence, admit you misunderstood, or continue to hold on to that illusion in this thread without me."

Very well, I misunderstood and withdraw my statement.

For the sake of argument transparency, I own neither system, and think neither is worth my limited resources at this point. I do own the previous generation, and while I think the Xbox had unused potential, the PS2 had experience on its side.

However I should also point out that going by second-year figures, the 360 still outsold the PS3 at the same point in its life.

Also, these numbers(in most cases) don't reflect the number of systems that were resold, or simply returned.

Like I said, I think the PS3 has potential, and there are games coming out that look promising, but as of now the 360 is better.

I wouldn't count the games that haven't been released. After all, people said Lair was going to be awesome.

StabWound
02-17-2008, 08:07 AM
However I should also point out that going by second-year figures, the 360 still outsold the PS3 at the same point in its life.
The 360 had no competition until the last month and a half of its second year, the PS3 had 2 consoles agianst it it's entire second year and yet the differance is only 0.1.

bleh,

anyways yeah 360 definatly has the games currently, no doubting that, I'm just tired of people saying things like "lol ps3 r failure!1!" when it's quite the oppisite.

bakakame
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah it is pretty good actually, considering with hardly any games it still managed to have a better launch than 360, and even outsold 360 when it had it's huge year headstart library.

Last month alone

*The PlayStation brand was #1 in both hardware and software in January.

*The PlayStation brand sold more hardware units than Nintendo and Microsoft combined (764K versus 530K and 230K, respectively).

*PlayStation total hardware revenue was $196 million in January; surpassing the total hardware revenue of Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

*PlayStation total software revenue in January was $224 million, 38&#37; higher than Microsoft.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Also, It's went down $100 ($600 to $500, $500 to $400) in less than a year and a half.

Home and LBP are currently being extremely hyped, so yes I expect them to sell some systems.

First off, you're only using 1 month? What about the rest of the year, especially the time between January and August when the sales were in the gutter, before the discontinuation sale and before the efficiency model?

In just over one year, 2 (possibly 3) SKU's get thrown out, PR has been a fiasco; yea, in light of all this you could still call managing 10million units a "success" but Sony seems to have lost sight of their original ideas.

Now, I can only shake my head at the Home/LBP thing. Maybe I'm just cynical, but those seem to be mere gimmicks to me, ammusing little add-ons that serve to merely break up the actual reason for spending $400. Then again, the Wii is selling like mad off of gimmicks *shrug*

Besides, the X360 2008 lineup is a lot stronger than people seem to think. It may be time for an ACTUAL price drop though, 2 years and only down $50? I understand you want to prioritize securing a profit but come on, you have the advantage of being the popular standard as far as "next gen" gaming goes, someone in the company had to have realised that.

Now, from that point on I was talking about the 360, not PS3. In over 2 years, the price has only come down $50, which I feel is alienating them from potential buyers. Being first on the market, it has the advantage of essentially being the face of this generation. You talk about new games, most people think Xbox 360. 6 years ago, it was Playstation 2. Maybe it's been too long since Windows extinguished it's last competition but MS seems to have forgotten the perks of being the standard, and hasn't done anything significant to secure it.

The 360 had no competition until the last month and a half of its second year, the PS3 had 2 consoles agianst it it's entire second year and yet the differance is only 0.1.

huh?

Xbox 360 release date - Nov 22, 2005
PS3 release date - Nov 11, 2006
Wii release date - Nov 19, 2006

StabWound
02-17-2008, 11:47 AM
First off, you're only using 1 month? What about the rest of the year, especially the time between January and August when the sales were in the gutter, before the discontinuation sale and before the efficiency model?
That was last month, as an example of how its doing right now in 2008, It already won 2007 as far as 360 vs ps3 sales goes.

huh?

Xbox 360 release date - Nov 22, 2005
PS3 release date - Nov 11, 2006
Wii release date - Nov 19, 2006

Comparing both consoles first full year on the market which was 2007 for PS3 with 2 competitiors, a total of 8.8 million sold, and 2006 for 360 no competitiors (until the last month and a half) 8.9.

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
02-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Facts aside, I'd have to say I prefer the Xbox 360 because the games for it are awesome, my favourites being Dead Or Alive 4 and Project Gotham Racing 4 for the time being. Also, looking through the game stores around where I live ... all I see is the 40GB version of the PS3 and even that is around &#163;349 for the only actual console and game bundle I like, whilst the Xbox 360 has more games to my taste and it's cheaper for the console I actually want. Failing this anyway, I'm just gonna say neither because I have the Wii and it's so much fun ^_^

Kayame{Oni Kiri}
02-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok, I own a 360. I like the games, and so on. But when I look at the PS3, and hear all the stuff of it not working, and you know the story, it just makes me not wanna waste my time with it. So of course, my vote is with the 360.

In my oppinion, the Wii and 360 are the way to go. And remember,"In my oppinion." Just in case some of you people confuse that as a generalization.

Light Buster
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
@Stabwound-Don't forget about Mass Effect. The RPG that challenge Final Fantasy and got a perect score which most F.F. games didn't even come close.

StabWound
02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
@Stabwound-Don't forget about Mass Effect. The RPG that challenge Final Fantasy and got a perect score which most F.F. games didn't even come close.
Yeah I know I personally loved Mass Effect, but it was just announced for a PC release also :\

It actually got a metacritic (combined average from all reviewers) of 91 (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect?q=mass&#37;20effect) while FFX (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/finalfantasyx?q=final%20fantasy) and FFXII (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/finalfantasyxii?q=final%20fantasy) got 92's respectively. Doesn't really matter though, they're all great

ComposerOfRequiems
02-18-2008, 03:59 AM
360degrees or Delaystation.

DreamScape
02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
PS3 Better i think

Aki_Saku
02-18-2008, 12:08 PM
XBox360... although if i had to choose between any gaming system, i would have to say PS2!

Chaos Proxy
02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Hm.

Well, to be honest then Playstation 3 is surperior and will have a very long life.
I'm not sayng X360 is bad, but it will die pretty much after 2008, because it won't get nearly any exlusive games.

Here are some of the reasons why Playstation 3 is actually better console.

1. Gaming library: Current games and Upcoming games.

PlayStation 3 Exclusives Confirmed

Released [24 Titles]

Eye of Judgement, The [PlayStation Eye]
Folklore
Formula One Championship Edition
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Genji: Days of the Blade
Godfather: The Don's Edition, The
Heavenly Sword
Lair
MLB '07: The Show
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
MotorStorm
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
NBA '07
NBA '08
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Spider-Man 3: Collector's Edition
Time Crisis 4 [Including Guncon 3]
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Unreal Tournament III [+PC] [Timed Exclusive]
Virtua Fighter 5 [Timed Exclusive]
Warhawk

Upcoming [92 Titles]

ActiveDogs Project
Afrika [2008 Title]
Agency, The [+PC] [2008 Title]
Airtight Project
Amphibian Man [+PC]
Angel Rings
Aqua
BB [Working Title]
Big Time Revenge [2008 Title]
Black Blade
Bomberman
Brave Arms [JoyStiq]
Buzz!: Quiz TV [2008 Title]
Castlevania
Coded Arms: Assault
Cops
Chain Limit [JoyStiq]
Croteam Untitled Project
Crucible, The
Crytek Project
Dark RPG
DC Universe
Disgaea 3
Driver 5
Eight Days
Empire
Eyedentify
Factor 5 Project #2
Fatal Frame PS3
FIA World Touring Car Championship
Fifth Phantom Saga
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Future GPX Cyber Formula PS3
Getaway 3
God of War III
Gradius
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue [2008 Title]
Gretzky NHL [Working Title]
Haze [2008 Title]
Heavy Rain
Home, PlayStation [2008 Title]
Hot Shots Golf 5 [2008 Title]
inFAMOUS [2008 Title]
Jafe Exclusive 1 [N4G]
Jafe Exclusive 2 [N4G]
Jafe Exclusive 3 [N4G]
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Katamari Game [onAXIS]
Killzone 2 [2008 Title]
Kurayami (Darkness)
L.A. Noire [Confirmed]
LittleBigPlanet [2008 Title]
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [2008 Title]
Metal Gear Solid Online [Announcement] [2008 Title]
Metro 2033: The Last Refuge
Monster Madness EX
Motorstorm 2 [2008 Title]
Namco Bandai RPG Project
Namco Bandai Sports Project
Namco Bandai Shooter Project
Naruto: PS3 Project [Scans] [2008 Title]
Ni-Oh
Planet One
Project D
Project Psychic [Working Title]
Pterodon FPS Project [untitled]
Quantic Dream Project [Thread]
Resistance: Fall of Man 2 [2008 Title]
Rockstar Games Exclusive Franchise [PS.BlOG]
Rockstar Old West PS3 Project [untitled]
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Redwood Falls
Rengoku: The End of the Century
Returning Alive [Working Title]
Second Season 01 [JoyStiq]
Secret Service
Shin Megami Tensei Project [untitled]
SingStar [2008 Title]
SOCOM 4
Starbreeze Nex-Gen Project
Star Ocean 4 [2008 Title]
Steambot Chronicles 2
Syphon Filter PS3 [onAXIS]
Tekken 6 [2008 Title]
thatgamecompany Project #3 [untitled]
Wardevil [2008 Title]
Way of the Samurai 3
White Knight Story [2008 Title]
Yakuza: Kenzan!
Zipper Interactive Project

PlayStation Network Exclusives

Released [29 Titles]

Aquatopia [PlayStation Eye]
Blast Factor
Calling All Cars!
Cash Guns Chaos DLX
Everyday Shooter
EyeCreate [PlayStation Eye]
flOw
Go! Puzzle
Go! Sports Ski
Go! Sudoku
Gran Turismo HD Concept
Gripshift
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
High Velocity Bowling
Lemmings
Loco Roco Cocoreecho!
Mesmerize [PlayStation Eye]
Mortal Kombat II
Nucleus
Operation Creature Feature [PlayStation Eye]
PAIN
PixelJunk Racers
Piyotama
Snakeball
Super Rub-a-Dub
Super Stardust HD
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Toy Home
Trials of Topoq [PlayStation Eye]
Upcoming [20 Titles]
Angel Love Online [+PC] [FREE]
Big Time Revenge
EchoChrome
Elefunk
Ember [PlayThree] [ThreeSpeech] [PlayStation Eye]
Fl0wer
Free Realms [+PC]
N-Cube
NCSoft Title #1 [Link]
NCSoft Title #2 [Link]
NCSoft Title #3 [PS3Fanboy]
NCSoft Title #4 [PS3Fanboy]
Nobi Nobi Boy
PixelJunk Monsters
Rat Race
Skyblue [ThreeSpeech] [PlayStation Eye]
SOCOM: Confrontation
Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer [onAXIS] [+PC]
Tori-Emaki [PlayStation Eye]
Warbit
Wipeout HD
MultiPlatform Unknown Exclusives [2 Titles]
Silent Hill 5 [Possibility]
TimeSplitters 4

Unknown Exclusive/Rumored Titles [10 Titles]

Dark Cloud 3
Digimon World Online [Wikipedia]
Dragon Ball Z [onAXIS]
Epic Project [Announcement]
Final Fantasy VII [Possibility] [Petition] [Crisis Core Secret]
Gundam [onAXIS]
Kingdom Hearts III
Sly 4 [Wikipedia]
Twisted Metal [Clown Cloud]
Zone of the Enders 3 [Magazine Scan]

Asian PlayStation 3 Exclusives [16 Titles]

Agaresu Senki [Record of Agarest War]
Battle Field Valkyrie: Gallian Chronicles
Imabiksou
Little House in the Plateau [Working Title]
Mahjong Taikai IV
Megazone 23: Blue Garland
Mist of Chaos
My Summer Holiday
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 4
Railfan
Railfan Taiwan Koutetsu
SEGA Golf Club
Tears to Tiara: Kakan no Daichi
Wangan Midnight
Winning Post 7 Maximum 2007
Yamasa DigiWorld DX [Working Title]

2. Built in BluRay reader :

As you know HD-DVD died two days ago when Toshiba announced it will stop producing HD-DVD players and disks because they had only one movie company supporting them. [Nearly ALL movie companyes supported BluRay, also shops and all-kinds of video-stores.]

So guess what? Playstaton 3 is still the best BluRay player around, thanks to it's surperior sound quality and also it's one of the cheapest.
This was a critical hit aginst Microsoft X360, because they were selling HD-DVD add-ons for X360, but now they must pay amazinly high numbers to get permission from Sony to use external BluRay drive in future.

Playstation 3 Controller :

While X360 controller is meant for rather big hands and only supports rumble and wireless..
The Playstation 3 controller has Motion-Sensor (like Wii), rumble and wireless + it's perfectly fit for any hand.

4. Microsoft X360 consoles actually die on you :

You heard me. About every third X360 sold will die on you, and I'm not bullshitting you.
Microsoft has even admitted that all consoles are faulty, but only 33% of them die. (Giving you Red Ring Of Death)

While Sony Playstation 3's have a failure rate of only 2%, that's even less than Wii's 3%.

For those who don't beleive the 33% amazingly high dieing rate..you can read further over here :

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems
* http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/
* http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=119888

This happened few days ago : http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/red_ring_of_death_returns.html

sataned
02-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Honestly.. i now hate the Xbox 360 cuz me and my friend were talking about the ps3s capabilitys and i was informed that apparently every game that been coming out if youve all noticed, are great graphic wise but NO! game...
I REPEAT NO GAME! has come out that has pushed the ps3 graphics to its full potential, And its
mainly because alot of game developing company out there wants to produce game for both xbox360 and ps3 and to do that they kinduh have to dumb down graphics for the xbox.... but hey wtf do i know huh...some of you might love the xbox and paying for the online....

bakakame
02-21-2008, 02:03 AM

Personally I'd be much more impressed with that list of upcoming "exclusives" if a vast majority of them weren't essentially uncertain/concept-level projects. The current exclusives for both arcade/network games and full production titles weigh in for the 360 atm. Also, unless you live in Asia, why do Asia exclusives matter?

Also, I'm not expecting the 360 to phase out until around 2011, at least not as long as it continues to sell, that kind of thinking would suggest that we'd have had our hands on a PS3 5 years ago. People are gonna make games for a popular system, especially one that's easy to program for. Right now I'm noticing some companies actually dropping PS3 versions because the machine isn't friendly enough.

2. Built in BluRay readerFor the moment, yes, at least for those who buy HD movies right now. MS is dragging their heels at combating this, supposed to counter with a lower price.

Playstation 3 Controller :I've got no idea what you're trying to imply here. The 360 controller is the most comfortable I've ever used. I can't go back to dual-shock without getting cramps.

Also, while the console may be reliable the tilt function on the 2 home controllers and every display unit I've ever come across is incredibly unreliable.

4. Microsoft X360 consoles actually die on you :Also true. Personally, my X360 died on me back in late December. Though I don't know what the cost of 2 weeks without those games is worth, I got by fairly easily. I also got it for free, something that my first 2 PS2's weren't considerate enough of. Odds are a lot lower that your PS3 will die on you, but given experiance with Sony's CS division I'd hate to be that 1 in 50

Honestly.. i now hate the Xbox 360 cuz me and my friend were talking about the ps3s capabilitys and i was informed that apparently every game that been coming out if youve all noticed, are great graphic wise but NO! game...
I REPEAT NO GAME! has come out that has pushed the ps3 graphics to its full potential, And its mainly because alot of game developing company out there wants to produce game for both xbox360 and ps3 and to do that they kinduh have to dumb down graphics for the xbox.... but hey wtf do i know huh...some of you might love the xbox and paying for the online....

So, your friend just told you that and that's it? I'm sorry to sound prejudice here, but I tend to hear that exclusivly from the PS3 fan camp. The capeability of the 2 systems are actually almost equal, you look at the specs and there's less quantative diffence between the PS3 and X360 than there was between PS2 and Xbox, nevermind that the current gen blows last gen hardware clean out of the water.

The most overhyped thing so far of this generation isn't COD4, isn't Halo 3, isn't even the Wii "gaming revolution"; it's the "godly horsepower" running the PS3

Sanosuke23
02-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Hm.

Well, to be honest then Playstation 3 is surperior and will have a very long life.
I'm not sayng X360 is bad, but it will die pretty much after 2008, because it won't get nearly any exlusive games.

Here are some of the reasons why Playstation 3 is actually better console.

1. Gaming library: Current games and Upcoming games.

Released [24 Titles]

Eye of Judgement, The [PlayStation Eye]
Folklore
Formula One Championship Edition
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Genji: Days of the Blade
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
MotorStorm
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Time Crisis 4 [Including Guncon 3]
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk

Upcoming [92 Titles]

Crucible, The
Disgaea 3
Driver 5
Eight Days
Fatal Frame PS3
FIA World Touring Car Championship
Fifth Phantom Saga
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Future GPX Cyber Formula PS3
Getaway 3
God of War III
Gradius
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue [2008 Title]
Haze [2008 Title]
Home, PlayStation [2008 Title]
Hot Shots Golf 5 [2008 Title]
inFAMOUS [2008 Title]
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Killzone 2 [2008 Title]
L.A. Noire [Confirmed]
LittleBigPlanet [2008 Title]
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [2008 Title]
Metal Gear Solid Online [Announcement] [2008 Title]
Monster Madness EX
Motorstorm 2 [2008 Title]
Ni-Oh
Resistance: Fall of Man 2 [2008 Title]
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Redwood Falls (I'll leave on here, but know that there's almost nothing to go on)
Rengoku: The End of the Century
Secret Service
SingStar [2008 Title]
SOCOM 4
Star Ocean 4 [2008 Title]
Steambot Chronicles 2
Syphon Filter PS3 [onAXIS]
Tekken 6 [2008 Title]
Wardevil [2008 Title]
Way of the Samurai 3
White Knight Story [2008 Title]
Yakuza: Kenzan!

PlayStation Network Exclusives

Released [29 Titles]

Aquatopia [PlayStation Eye]
Blast Factor
Calling All Cars!
Cash Guns Chaos DLX
Everyday Shooter
EyeCreate [PlayStation Eye]
flOw
Go! Puzzle
Go! Sports Ski
Go! Sudoku
Gran Turismo HD Concept
Gripshift
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
High Velocity Bowling
Lemmings
Loco Roco Cocoreecho!
Mesmerize [PlayStation Eye]
Mortal Kombat II
Nucleus
Operation Creature Feature [PlayStation Eye]
PAIN
PixelJunk Racers
Piyotama
Snakeball
Super Rub-a-Dub
Super Stardust HD
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Toy Home
Trials of Topoq [PlayStation Eye]
Big Time Revenge
EchoChrome
Elefunk
Ember [PlayThree] [ThreeSpeech] [PlayStation Eye]
Fl0wer
Free Realms [+PC]
N-Cube
Nobi Nobi Boy
PixelJunk Monsters
Rat Race
Skyblue [ThreeSpeech] [PlayStation Eye]
SOCOM: Confrontation
Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer [onAXIS] [+PC]
Tori-Emaki [PlayStation Eye]
Warbit
Wipeout HD
TimeSplitters 4

I made your list more relevant to the topic at hand, and removed the nonexclusives, the concepts and projects, and the yearly sports installments. I probably missed some, especially in the PlayStation Network area and towards the end of the Upcoming Titles list.

I guarantee you, at least 40&#37; of this remaining list is crap. Another 40% is about average, 15% are good and 5% are great.

2. Built in BluRay reader :

As you know HD-DVD died two days ago when Toshiba announced it will stop producing HD-DVD players and disks because they had only one movie company supporting them. [Nearly ALL movie companyes supported BluRay, also shops and all-kinds of video-stores.]

Regular old DVD players haven't gone the way of the dinosaur just yet, so this isn't much of a pressing issue at the moment. I fail to see your point.

So guess what? Playstaton 3 is still the best BluRay player around, thanks to it's surperior sound quality and also it's one of the cheapest.
This was a critical hit aginst Microsoft X360, because they were selling HD-DVD add-ons for X360, but now they must pay amazinly high numbers to get permission from Sony to use external BluRay drive in future.

Amazingly high numbers? If Sony charged them more than they charge anyone else for the proprietary information, they could be sued and fined. Again, this won't even be a major issue for another year or two minimum.

Playstation 3 Controller :

While X360 controller is meant for rather big hands and only supports rumble and wireless..
The Playstation 3 controller has Motion-Sensor (like Wii), rumble and wireless + it's perfectly fit for any hand.

See now here is where your Sony paycheck falls out of your pocket and everyone sees it. The 360 controller is smaller than the Xbox Controller S, and I find it no more or less comfortable than Sony controllers.

You heard me. About every third X360 sold will die on you, and I'm not bullshitting you.
Microsoft has even admitted that all consoles are faulty, but only 33% of them die. (Giving you Red Ring Of Death)

While Sony Playstation 3's have a failure rate of only 2%, that's even less than Wii's 3%.

For those who don't beleive the 33% amazingly high dieing rate..you can read further over here :

* http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/

This happened few days ago : http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/red_ring_of_death_returns.html

Number one, DO NOT CURSE ON THE FORUMS. IT IS AGAINST THE RULES YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO READ AT SIGN-UP.

Goddamn Sony viral marketers, uglying up the forums...

Anyway, Microsoft is well aware of the issue and fixes it for free. On the other hand, Sony's solution to any hardware defects is essentially to sell you a new system with none of the shining personality your local retail workers are paid to have. Sony's Customer Service is a joke, while Microsoft's while not perfect is more than satisfactory.

Anyone can be a great leader and problem-solver during peacetime, but it's war and conflict that shows your true greatness. So far, Microsoft's been buckling down and fighting the good fight, and I have to credit them for that. Sony has never done even half as much.

I REPEAT NO GAME! has come out that has pushed the ps3 graphics to its full potential, And its
mainly because alot of game developing company out there wants to produce game for both xbox360 and ps3 and to do that they kinduh have to dumb down graphics for the xbox.... but hey wtf do i know huh...some of you might love the xbox and paying for the online....

As for you, I cannot make a LICK of sense out of this block of text. Are you trying to make the claim that the Xbox 360 has reached its graphical limitations? Well that's not true, I don't really think any system ever has. Are you trying to make the claim that PS3's graphics are LEAPS AND BOUNDS SUPERIOR? Well that's just patently untrue, provided they're both playing the game off of the disc.

The only game with noticeable differences in the graphics is Devil May Cry 4, and to be honest after having to go back in time three years to start downloading the game onto the system JUST so I can play it next month Dante better come to life and crawl out of my damn television.

Chaos Proxy
02-21-2008, 07:20 AM
I was waiting for an XBot to reply.

Why would you remove concept projects? As of some gaming compayes have already said that they have several "secret" games under development, so most of them are likely to come.

You won't guarantee anything, not you, not anybody. You're bad taste in games do not make UPCOMING games bad or good.
In my opinion about 75&#37; of them are good, about 10% average and the rest are crap for me.

You say you fail to see my point about BluRay? Are you just slow or being stupid?
BluRay is the future movie format, it has no rival formats anymore. DVD's may be fine for you if you don't own a FullHD TV or just haven't seen a HD movie on big screen before.
Sony stocks rised alot when BluRay started going the way of it's victory.
Microsoft has hinted twice that they are planning to make external BluRay reader avalible for X360 in future.

Alright about the controller, because I have personally used X360 only couple of times, but you can't change the fact Sony Playstation 3 controller has Motion Sensor inside.

Sure, call me a Sony marketer on a PS3 vs X360 thread, you aren't really bright are you?

Microsoft is indeed aware of it, and is doing NOTHING to stop it.
They will fix it for free when it's under warranty...like ANY other company does, geez.
Sony Playstation 3 has a failure rate of 1,5/2% - it don't really see any problem with it. Now you say Sony's customer servive is bad - have you ever used it? I have once ( PS2 DRE error) and I didn't even have warranty for it - they fixed it for 30$ + shipping under a week.

Not to bad eh? While Microsoft likes to screw us over with everything.

This forum thread is mean't for talking about which console is better and why, so tryng to prove me that MS isn't bad/evil just failed.

Oh and did you know that Sony Playstation Network is actually free, you can play Online games for free and whatnot while you must pay a monthly fee for Xbox Live. [What is sadly constantly down or full of lag.]

Sanosuke23
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM

Why would you remove concept projects? As of some gaming compayes have already said that they have several "secret" games under development, so most of them are likely to come.

You won't guarantee anything, not you, not anybody. You're bad taste in games do not make UPCOMING games bad or good.
In my opinion about 75% of them are good, about 10% average and the rest are crap for me.

You say you fail to see my point about BluRay? Are you just slow or being stupid?
BluRay is the future movie format, it has no rival formats anymore. DVD's may be fine for you if you don't own a FullHD TV or just haven't seen a HD movie on big screen before.
Sony stocks rised alot when BluRay started going the way of it's victory.
Microsoft has hinted twice that they are planning to make external BluRay reader avalible for X360 in future.

Alright about the controller, because I have personally used X360 only couple of times, but you can't change the fact Sony Playstation 3 controller has Motion Sensor inside.

Sure, call me a Sony marketer on a PS3 vs X360 thread, you aren't really bright are you?

They will fix it for free when it's under warranty...like ANY other company does, geez.
Sony Playstation 3 has a failure rate of 1,5/2% - it don't really see any problem with it. Now you say Sony's customer servive is bad - have you ever used it? I have once ( PS2 DRE error) and I didn't even have warranty for it - they fixed it for 30$ + shipping under a week.

This forum thread is mean't for talking about which console is better and why, so tryng to prove me that MS isn't bad/evil just failed.

Oh and did you know that Sony Playstation Network is actually free, you can play Online games for free and whatnot while you must pay a monthly fee for Xbox Live. [What is sadly constantly down or full of lag.]

Several issues to address:

1) I AM NOT AN XBOT, WHICH I ASSUME MEANS MICROSOFT FANBOY. I don't own EITHER. In fact, I don't own ANY current-gen console, because I don't have interest in enough games for anything yet for it to be worth my money. I've stated this before in this very thread, to AVOID idiots like yourself crying fanboyism. THE PS3 IS SIMPLY NOT VERY GOOD RIGHT NOW COMPARED TO THE 360. GET OVER IT. IT MIGHT GET BETTER, IT MIGHT NOT. RIGHT NOW THOUGH, IT AIN'T SO HOT.

2) "SOOPAR SEEKRIT" CONCEPTS OF GAMES ARE NOT GAMES YET. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE IRRELEVANT. Really, go to school and tell your teachers your work is all in the conceptual stage so they should grade you on its potential now, see if they accept that. They are not in a state to be analyzed, in fact if all that's out there is "WE'LL MAKE SOMETHING, FOR SERIOUS" then counting that is just ridiculous. THAT'S what I removed. I removed the sports games because all they are are a slight graphical improvement and a roster update, maybe a few novelty tweaks or mechanics that ultimately just make you buy the same game you bought last year.

3) MY TASTE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. What IS relevant, however, is a combination of critical acclaim and sales. On most consoles a good chunk of games suck, a good chunk are average, and a rare few are good or even great. Do you have any idea how many idiotic, slapdash, garbage games came out for the last gen on ANY console? Hell, Lair is already a joke in the industry, and Gundam has recieved nothing but critical and retail scorn.

4) It is irrelevant because Blu-Ray will not take over the mass-media market for some time, and by that time both systems will be able to play it. Of course Microsoft will try to take advantage of it as early as possible, that's just good business sense. But it really has no bearing on right now, seeing as how we're at the start of all of this.

5) I didn't even address whether or not there was a motion sensor. I didn't dispute that, what I disputed was your claim that the controller is huge. That's like you saying "Apples can fit in your hand, UNLIKE ORANGES WHICH ARE THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD!" To which I reply, "Actually, Oranges are small, and oftentimes are smaller than Apples." Then you come out with "BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT APPLES ARE REDDER THAN ORANGES." What the crap.

6) I am debating this rationally, while you are the one blathering on about how superior vague potential is more important than what's going on right now and making arguments that were only relevant during the first part of the last generation. So I'd say I'm brighter than you. I also lack spelling errors, unlike you, and I'm half asleep.

7) Plausible Deniability is always an option. Sony took it when lenses were misaligned in the PS2, AND when the things were overheating left and right. They immediately chalked all of it up to consumer error and refused to service people. I should know, I was one of the people that opened a PS2, stuck a game in, and one unhealthy sound and an eject button later ended up with a large gash in my Thousand Arms disc 1.

8) Companies CANNOT BE INHERENTLY EVIL, and if you're hating on a console due to some preconcieved notion of moral superiority born from a completely different department in said company, you're an idiot. I shouldn't have to point this out, but if you're seriously so dead-set against the company itself and that's the root of most of your bias just say so. The fact that you not only can't give the company's Customer Relations credit for handling the problem promptly and as best as they can for free because and anyone that does is trying to prove the moral alignment of a company makes me think you've got deeper issues in that peanut case you call a head.

9) ZOMG RLY? I TOTARLY DIDN'T NOE TAHT BCUZ I DUNT FALLOW TEH INDISTRIE AND Okay I can't do that anymore. I'm well aware of that, but as I said since I see no games that really jump out at me on either system I have no immediate plans to buy either.

In fact, I bought a PS2 on brand trust and I bought an Xbox because of Jet Set Radio Future and KotOR. If anything I'm closer to a Sony fanboy, because I know they make a good product. Their first one to two years are always shaky though. When Disgaea 3 comes out I'll see little choice in the matter, and when Brawl comes out for the Wii I'll probably do the same thing, buy the console and a few games that otherwise look interesting but not interesting enough to really warrant a console purchase without that one major game.

I wouldn't know about Xbox Live lag, because even on the behemoth that takes up half my entertainment center I never felt the need to use it. I'm happy with JSRF, KotOR, and Psychonauts love, while I use my PS2 for pretty much anything else home console-related.

JUST TO AVOID THIS RETARDED FANBOY CRAP, A LIST OF SYSTEMS I USE FREQUENTLY IN ORDER OF USE:

-PSP
-PS2
-Xbox
-Nintendo DS
-Nintendo 64
-Super Nintendo
-PSX(mainly for random imports)

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-21-2008, 11:04 AM

XBOX360

2005 - 1.5
2006 - 8.9
2007 - 7.3
Total - 17.7

PS3

2005 - 0.0
2007 - 8.8
Total - 10.5

viewtopic.html?topic=617854&forum=22&sp=0 (http://forums.bioware.com/forums/&#37;3Cbr%20/%3E%0Aviewtopic.html?topic=617854&forum=22&sp=0)

Now "I'm just going to stop posting and let you either provide further evidence to refute my evidence, admit you misunderstood, or continue to hold on to that illusion in this thread without me."Those numbers are helping and hurting you at the same time. Let me explain.

XBOX360

2005 - 1.5
2006 - 8.9
2007 - 7.3
Total - 17.7

PS3

2005 - 0.0
2007 - 8.8
Total - 10.5Take a good look at those numbers. You should see a pattern that ALL console sales go through. 2006 sold 8.9 million Xbox 360s, but the next year they sold less. Why is this? Because a lot of people already have the system! This is common sense.

The PS3 will likely go through the same pattern.

EDIT: P.S., most games nowadays are multi-console games. Exclusive games have almost grown to a non-existence, except for a select few.

Khanxay
02-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey... this is just like Mista Versus Darth!!! Now I definitely need popcorn.

Oh and the Wiimote Pwns both controllers with motion sensor, vibration, AND SOUNDS EFFECTS!

StabWound
02-21-2008, 11:13 AM
With the huge lineup and blu-ray winning the format war I'm almost certin 2008 will be even better.

Why is this? Because a lot of people already have the system! .

Or because the 360 had absolutely no competition in 2006 so it was the only next gen console selling at the time. then when it did get competition it's sales dropped.

ComposerOfRequiems
02-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh and the Wiimote Pwns both controllers with motion sensor, vibration, AND SOUNDS EFFECTS!
Winnar.

Typical Sony fanboy remark. I assume I will be seeing common spelling and/or grammar errors, out-dated data, a RRoD joke or two, and a "M$ is evil" comment. Let's see if I'm right.

In my opinion about 75% of them are good, about 10% average and the rest are crap for me.
Let us look at your list of games. Moreover, since I don't have the time to go through "what if..?" with unfinished games, I will only include those that you listed that are already on store shelves.

Eye of Judgement, The [PlayStation Eye] Average
Folklore Average
Formula One Championship Edition Average
Full Auto 2: Battlelines failure
Genji: Days of the Blade Giant enemy crab
Godfather: The Don's Edition, The Below average
Heavenly Sword average
Lair failure
MLB '07: The Showsports game, 'nuff said
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire LOL, PSX game
MotorStorm average
Ninja Gaiden Sigma average
NBA '07 Sports game rehash; average
NBA '08 see above
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Great
Resistance: Fall of Man average
Ridge Racer 7 average
Spider-Man 3: Collector's Edition average
Time Crisis 4 [Including Guncon 3] good
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune great
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom failure
Unreal Tournament III [+PC+360, kind sir] [Timed Exclusive] good
Virtua Fighter 5 [Timed Exclusive] average
Warhawk average

Comments in bold.

BluRay is the future movie format, it has no rival formats anymore.
Digital distribution says "sup?".

One of the best*. The PS3 is not TEH BESTER BUU RAI player out on the market. It's good, yes, but not the best.

Do you even know why Microsoft released the HD-DVD add-on? It was for three main reasons: MS had money invested in the HD-DVD format, MS could not allow Sony to go "We are the only 'true' next-generation console because we are the only one supporting an HD format", and, finally, because BOTH HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are stall tactics. Both companies, and the industry itself, is using Blu-Ray and HD-DVD to buy time until digital distribution is perfected. Until then, they are just raeping your wallet and you're feeding right into it. How ignorant of you.

Sony stocks rised alot when BluRay started going the way of it's victory.Sony's stocks rised alright, back to where they were a few months before hand. The stocks for Sony had dropped as of recent, do to investors being unsure of the company. After blu-ray won, investors came back. Stocks rise and fall all the time; if this is your trump card then you're in for a rude awakening. Apple's stocks just fell because of the slow US economy and investors unsure the iPhone will sell its projected numbers. Does that mean Apple is now doomed? No. Just wait a few months and, once investors are sure again, the stocks will rise back up.

Since when are rumours considered "hints" by a company? I could go put out a rumour that Sony is going to start charging for PSN and confirm it by an "inside source". Does that make it even close to true?

Motion-sensors are yester year tech. Only you silly kiddies and your PSWiis think it's the greatest thing ever. Take a guess why PCs don't use motion sensors in their mice anymore.

Because smaller chips, newer heatsinks, more sodder, and a better x-clamp didn't do anything to fix the problems, amirite? When's the last time you heard of any HDMI-based Xbox 360 RRoD? It was only the first few models that had those issues. All HDMI Xbox 360s have around the same failure rate as the PS3 now. They are safe to play, without you being paranoid that you playing the endless setlist on rock band will overheat your 360.

Sony Playstation 3 has a failure rate of 1,5/2% - it don't really see any problem with it.

Now you say Sony's customer servive is bad - have you ever used it? I have once ( PS2 DRE error) and I didn't even have warranty for it - they fixed it for 30$ + shipping under a week.
Sony is KNOWN for being horrible to their customers. From the doa pixels on the PSP, to PS2 prima-dona disk read errors, Sony has always had problems the first 2-3 years.

I KNEW THIS WAS COMING. M$ IS BAD, OH NOEZ. :/ If Microsoft is screwing you over, get off your Windows based computer and get on linux. Wait, unix and OS X were all based off the same original code! Doesn't that mean they all fail, when you get down to the bottom of it? Thank you for enlightening me; I shall proceed to throw my computer out the window now and kill it with fire.

Obvious sony troll is obvious now. XBLive has only been down, and rarely I might add, do to server stress. So many people were on Xbox Live at one point, it took even Microsoft by suprise. And if you tell me that PSN > Live, I'm going to lol at you. I'm sure you loved those good old "controller is disconnected/connected" error messages during your games of motorstorm online. I know I sure did. Moreover, Live costs money, sure. However, you, do to the now growing library of movies to download, arcade games, and new features, get what you paid for. "I'd rather pay money to make sure something works." Isn't that the message you Sony fanboys always like to spurt out?

This is old data. Currently, the Xbox 360 has a failure rate of ~12%, and this is factoring in ALL systems during its life-span. Most 360s aren't even blowing up like vans anymore. Furthermore, the PS3 isn't 2%, but more like 4% in terms of its failure rate. Although, fanboys always seem to stretch the truth in their favour so I can understand, whole-heartedly, how you reached those numbers.

Hypergraphian
02-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Hokay, not going to start pointing out facts here since most of that has already been dished out so I'll just provide my own opinions.

I own a PS3 and waited till the PS3 matured a little more before making my purchase. My sister owns a Wii at her own place so I've tried that out and my brother-in-law has a 360 so I've a hand in that. I'm going to provide my opinions on what I thought about the other 2 consoles and finally the reason why I decided on the PS3.

A) Nintendo Wii
- Really interesting party machine. Definitely has something for everyone and if you have guests come over to your house, you could have pretty good laughs with this one.
- The remote is definitely an enjoyable concept and I can relate to how user friendly everything is.
- It is the cheapest amongst all 3 consoles, except for when you start considering the added accessories which are not a must have but are definitely tempting.
- Downside? Though the line-up of games were interesting, I prefer a more mature gaming experience with realistic characters. Understand that the Wii has those games but I didn't find any of them interesting and thought that the graphics were only average.

B) Xbox 360
- Nice graphics.
- I was really tempted to buy it but since I had never gotten into the whole Xbox thing, decided to wait and see what PS3 had to offer.
- I have small hands and the Xbox controller isn't as comfortable as the Wii or the PS3. Perhaps I'm not hardcore enough but I tend to cramp up playing with that.

C) PS3
- Nice graphics. No noticeable difference between this and the Xbox 360. Yes with the Wii.
- I first got a taste of the PS3 when I played Ratchet and Clank over at a friend's place. Got addicted and that's why I waited.
- Controller is comfortable.
- I loved that it has various ports and that it practically is a desktop PC.
- One downside is that I found that loading the games were a little slower than the Xbox.
- But I went ahead and bought it anyway and here's the bottom line why. Have always loved the RPG games in the PS line and though I only played them over at a friend's place or watched him play, the stories were always addictive and the scenes were simply capitavating.
- The price was hefty but its a price I was willing to pay for the upcoming games.
- If anyone owns a PS3, play Ratchet and Clank. You will love it. Its fun.

I think the bottom line here is that it's not about which console is better but which is better for you. Each has its own characteristics and it really depends on what you want your console to do for you. I wanted good graphics, good stories (more the fantasy genre), a comfortable controller and a Bluray. That's all from me on this one.

-Batman-
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I think the bottom line here is that it's not about which console is better but which is better for you. Each has its own characteristics and it really depends on what you want your console to do for you. I wanted good graphics, good stories (more the fantasy genre), a comfortable controller and a Bluray. That's all from me on this one.

Logic? In my animu forum?
Impossibibble.

StabWound
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Digital distribution says "sup?".
You do realize downloads are compressed right? Nothing downloaded will ever look or sound as good as a fully uncompressed blu-ray. at least not in the near future.

Chaos Proxy
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Several issues to address:

1) I AM NOT AN XBOT, WHICH I ASSUME MEANS MICROSOFT FANBOY. I don't own EITHER. In fact, I don't own ANY current-gen console, because I don't have interest in enough games for anything yet for it to be worth my money. I've stated this before in this very thread, to AVOID idiots like yourself crying fanboyism. THE PS3 IS SIMPLY NOT VERY GOOD RIGHT NOW COMPARED TO THE 360. GET OVER IT. IT MIGHT GET BETTER, IT MIGHT NOT. RIGHT NOW THOUGH, IT AIN'T SO HOT.

So how can you call me a fanboy when I defend the PS3, while you defend X360? You're wrong when you say PS3 isn't "very good" compared to the X360, and I've already stated my facts why.
The console itself wont get "better" but it shall get better games.

2) "SOOPAR SEEKRIT" CONCEPTS OF GAMES ARE NOT GAMES YET. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE IRRELEVANT. Really, go to school and tell your teachers your work is all in the conceptual stage so they should grade you on its potential now, see if they accept that. They are not in a state to be analyzed, in fact if all that's out there is "WE'LL MAKE SOMETHING, FOR SERIOUS" then counting that is just ridiculous. THAT'S what I removed. I removed the sports games because all they are are a slight graphical improvement and a roster update, maybe a few novelty tweaks or mechanics that ultimately just make you buy the same game you bought last year.

So magazine scans, interviews are not enough? Some of them havent been added to lists because the companys haven't announced the game, but they are having "TBA" status.

3) MY TASTE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. What IS relevant, however, is a combination of critical acclaim and sales. On most consoles a good chunk of games suck, a good chunk are average, and a rare few are good or even great. Do you have any idea how many idiotic, slapdash, garbage games came out for the last gen on ANY console? Hell, Lair is already a joke in the industry, and Gundam has recieved nothing but critical and retail scorn.

Yes, you're taste has nothing to do with it, so stop bashing games what haven't even been released yet. Even if they were, unless you're a reviewer from gaming site your opinion has no matter.
You say Lair is a joke, well I say spend more than 20 minutes and learn the controls - it's better than average RPG.

4) It is irrelevant because Blu-Ray will not take over the mass-media market for some time, and by that time both systems will be able to play it. Of course Microsoft will try to take advantage of it as early as possible, that's just good business sense. But it really has no bearing on right now, seeing as how we're at the start of all of this.

Oh, now the BluRay doesn't matter anymore? I remember seeing you Xbots screaming how good HD-DVD is and bashing BluRay with all your might around the internet, but now suddenly youre favored format lost and you say "it didn't matter anyway". I wouldnt say we are at the start, because last year statistics show that there were more LCD TV's sold than regular ones, and an average family already has a FullHD Tv since they aren't expensive anymore.

5) I didn't even address whether or not there was a motion sensor. I didn't dispute that, what I disputed was your claim that the controller is huge. That's like you saying "Apples can fit in your hand, UNLIKE ORANGES WHICH ARE THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD!" To which I reply, "Actually, Oranges are small, and oftentimes are smaller than Apples." Then you come out with "BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT APPLES ARE REDDER THAN ORANGES." What the crap.

Yes you didnt. For a reason. It's because X360 doesnt support it, you were talking only that X360 has rumble while PS3 also had it. So was it really neccesary to type that? You can go to ..... with your apples and oranges.

6) I am debating this rationally, while you are the one blathering on about how superior vague potential is more important than what's going on right now and making arguments that were only relevant during the first part of the last generation. So I'd say I'm brighter than you. I also lack spelling errors, unlike you, and I'm half asleep.

Actually you're being an ignorant Xbot, seriously. You might not do as much spelling errors as me since I beleive English is your main language while it's third/fourth for me.

7) Plausible Deniability is always an option. Sony took it when lenses were misaligned in the PS2, AND when the things were overheating left and right. They immediately chalked all of it up to consumer error and refused to service people. I should know, I was one of the people that opened a PS2, stuck a game in, and one unhealthy sound and an eject button later ended up with a large gash in my Thousand Arms disc 1.

It's true PS2 had it's problems because Sony was tryng to make more money by making cheap PS2's with cheap lasers. But overheating was rare, unless your vent was full of dust it shouldn't overheat. (Neither version)

8) Companies CANNOT BE INHERENTLY EVIL, and if you're hating on a console due to some preconcieved notion of moral superiority born from a completely different department in said company, you're an idiot. I shouldn't have to point this out, but if you're seriously so dead-set against the company itself and that's the root of most of your bias just say so. The fact that you not only can't give the company's Customer Relations credit for handling the problem promptly and as best as they can for free because and anyone that does is trying to prove the moral alignment of a company makes me think you've got deeper issues in that peanut case you call a head.

Where did I say I hate MS? Or I hate its console because of it?
Maybe you misunderstood me, but what I meant was Microsoft is KNOWN for faulty things, starting with diffrent OS'es finising with cheap iPod clone MP3 players. (Zunes)
I think you should read more about MS history, you'll see how many lawsuits they have gotten aginst them for making faulty products.

9) ZOMG RLY? I TOTARLY DIDN'T NOE TAHT BCUZ I DUNT FALLOW TEH INDISTRIE AND Okay I can't do that anymore. I'm well aware of that, but as I said since I see no games that really jump out at me on either system I have no immediate plans to buy either.

Well good for you.

In fact, I bought a PS2 on brand trust and I bought an Xbox because of Jet Set Radio Future and KotOR. If anything I'm closer to a Sony fanboy, because I know they make a good product. Their first one to two years are always shaky though. When Disgaea 3 comes out I'll see little choice in the matter, and when Brawl comes out for the Wii I'll probably do the same thing, buy the console and a few games that otherwise look interesting but not interesting enough to really warrant a console purchase without that one major game.

I wouldn't know about Xbox Live lag, because even on the behemoth that takes up half my entertainment center I never felt the need to use it. I'm happy with JSRF, KotOR, and Psychonauts love, while I use my PS2 for pretty much anything else home console-related.

Either way you should at least check the console out before you try to defend it. o_o

JUST TO AVOID THIS RETARDED FANBOY CRAP, A LIST OF SYSTEMS I USE FREQUENTLY IN ORDER OF USE:

-PSP
-PS2
-Xbox
-Nintendo DS
-Nintendo 64
-Super Nintendo
-PSX(mainly for random imports)

@ ComposerOfRequiems (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=139008)

Yes you will see some grammar errors, becaus as I already stated it's not my main language and I would be happy if someone would show me my mistakes.

The game list you quoted and added "average" or any other statment is clearly YOUR opinion, nobodys else..so if you don't like the games PS3 has / is getting then why do you rate them? Nobody cares what you think about some games or what rating would YOU give them. People rather trust gaming sites like Gamespot, IGN and so on.

The digital distribution seems to be your Xbots new ray of hope, but it's useless. Why? Well how many years it will take for an average family have internet connection fast enough to download HD movies? Right now they should wait for 4~10 hours of even more for one movie.
Or they could spend 25$ for a movie what you will actually OWN.

Now, why should Apple fail? Why do you people take so random statements to your "meaningul" posts?
I know stocks rise and fall, but I was sayng the BluRay victory helped Sony alot more than most of us thought.
(Side note : Apple stocks fell after they showed Macbook Air and no BluRay drives.)

Also, these aren't rumours .. the Microsoft + BluRay, these words have actually been said by someone who works in Microsoft, so it WILL come in near future.

Actually while I spend some time in my local electronics forum, under X360 owners thread I see once in two weeks how someones X360 has died - and yes most of them have the new HDMI version or Arcade. I havent lurked around much in other forums but the news I keep reading .. well, let's say they are enough. (:

Hahah..the same way I stated Microsoft is bad - you stated Sony is bad. I also knew you were going to say something about Sony's customer service because the last X360 guy mentioned it.

Do you even know what a troll is? Here's a good quote :

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Now - read your post through, then read mine again...and then yours again. Which of us is a troll now? (:

Haha..oh boy I just love it when you XBots say the failure rate is wrong or outdated or whatever.
One of them was in NEWS two days ago .. a X360 died on a gameshow, how pathetic can a console get?
Type Red Ring Of Death to google, or X360 Death Problem .. you'll get hundreds of thousands of results.
While Sony Playstation 3 failure rate (has been on market almost two years now) is 2%.

ComposerOfRequiems
02-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Your font hurts my bloody eyes so much. srsly.

The game list you quoted and added "average" or any other statment is clearly YOUR opinion, nobodys else..so if you don't like the games PS3 has / is getting then why do you rate them? Nobody cares what you think about some games or what rating would YOU give them. People rather trust gaming sites like Gamespot, IGN and so on.
Because game reviewers do not base their rating system on their own, personal, opinion of a game? Listen, some things are proven to be bad- Hillary Clinton, Osama, egg-salad sandwiches, Genji- if you look at the ratings to those games you will find them to be in the 7/10 range, for the most part. Sony is known for having large amounts of so-so games coupled with one or two heavy hitters. It's their gameplan and it is how they have done things since the PS1 era.

The digital distribution seems to be your Xbots new ray of hope,The fact of the matter is DD is "the next logical step for films", moreso than your precious blu-ray.

Also, I wasn't aware that one could be an xbot when one owns only nintendo and sony systems. x) Your assumption is wrong as I have never owned a Xbox. Neither one of them. I have just had several hundreds of hours mooching off friend's consoles and have educated myself.

but it's useless. Why? Well how many years it will take for an average family have internet connection fast enough to download HD movies? Right now they should wait for 4~10 hours of even more for one movie.
It takes a rather short amount of time for me to download a movie. Even my friends and their family that do not have fiber-optic internet, like me, get movies downloaded in a decent amount of time. Yes, I'll agree buying a movie is faster, but it won't be needed as we progress further along the path we are currently taking. Not to mention things only continue to get faster as time goes on. Blu-ray will, more than likely, be the last form of physical film available for purchase. It is also cheaper to go with DD, so as long as copyrights are in place movie studios will jump right on it.

Now, why should Apple fail? Why do you people take so random statements to your "meaningul" posts?
I know stocks rise and fall, but I was sayng the BluRay victory helped Sony alot more than most of us thought.
(Side note : Apple stocks fell after they showed Macbook Air and no BluRay drives.)
You missed the point entirely. gj.

Actually while I spend some time in my local electronics forum, under X360 owners thread I see once in two weeks how someones X360 has died - and yes most of them have the new HDMI version or Arcade. I havent lurked around much in other forums but the news I keep reading .. well, let's say they are enough. (:
Do you have proof? And how do 3 or 4 members on a forum that you visit = +13% and upwards in system failure? Like I said, most RRoD stories are old, and are just recycled by Sony fanboys that need to poke at every fault of the other systems to feel like they justified their purchase.

I also knew you were going to say something about Sony's customer service because the last X360 guy mentioned it.
1. He took no sides, per se. He even admitted to using his sony consoles more, and to not owning the PS3 or the 360.
2. What I said was fact. Go check your "news" articles and you'll find what I'm saying. Actually, I'm sorry, I forgot ps3fanboy doesn't cover those sort of topics in their blogs. Nevermind!

Haha..oh boy I just love it when you XBots say the failure rate is wrong or outdated or whatever.
Like I said, never owned a MS console so I'm not an Xbot. x) Again, thanks for your assumptions and prejudice against all things MS related.

One of them was in NEWS two days ago .. a X360 died on a gameshow, how pathetic can a console get?
And you know for sure that the system was properly vented and it was, indeed, a RRoD and bricked up? A gaming rig running Crysis could crash if its vents were blocked, fyi. ;\

Type Red Ring Of Death to google, or X360 Death Problem .. you'll get hundreds of thousands of results.
Why would I waste my time looking through articles from May 2007 and reading trash from SDF fanboys?

While Sony Playstation 3 failure rate (has been on market almost two years now) is 2%.
Jesus Christ you sound like a broken record.

Listen, you have your choice and opinion and I have my own. If you love your damn console so much, go play it. Why waste time arguing here when you can play with your obviously "superior" console?

bakakame
02-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Way too much I'm not gonna bother going through and quoting.

First off, yes, you are coming off as a PS fanboy, because pretty much ONLY fanboys use fanboy slang such as "Xbot"

Next, I see DD as a more practical form, I mean come on who is going to actually own a high-def TV and NOT have broadband? If someone is still using a 56k dial-up connection, I can safely assume that they have a TV that's roughly old enough to vote.

Go to Google and type "Playstation failure" and you get 500000 results. Or at Yahoo for 8 million. The lesson here is quantity of results from an arbitrary search on a popular search engine holds no value.

And lastly what dimention of reality are you living in? The PS3 has been out for a little over 1 year in 2 teritories, less than 1 year in others.

Chaos Proxy
02-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Your font hurts my bloody eyes so much. srsly.

Because game reviewers do not base their rating system on their own, personal, opinion of a game? Listen, some things are proven to be bad- Hillary Clinton, Osama, egg-salad sandwiches, Genji- if you look at the ratings to those games you will find them to be in the 7/10 range, for the most part. Sony is known for having large amounts of so-so games coupled with one or two heavy hitters. It's their gameplan and it is how they have done things since the PS1 era.

Glad to hear you like this font.
Now you missed the point or are just tryng to make your text look bigger.
I did say that people rather trust gaming site reviews rather than someone on some random forum, point taken? Good, so stop repeating.

The fact of the matter is DD is "the next logical step for films", moreso than your precious blu-ray.

I really dare to doubt, it takes time + space for a movie, and if it's a HD movie you can count up to ~20gb for one movie.
You'll need alot of space + time to get some, while you could (and most likely will) buy a movie.

Also, I wasn't aware that one could be an xbot when one owns only nintendo and sony systems. x) Your assumption is wrong as I have never owned a Xbox. Neither one of them. I have just had several hundreds of hours mooching off friend's consoles and have educated myself.

It disturbs you this much to be called by a name by a random guy? If you defend only Xbox - most likely you'll get called Xbot.
If you defend only PS3 - you'll get called a fanboy/marketer, big deal?

It takes a rather short amount of time for me to download a movie. Even my friends and their family that do not have fiber-optic internet, like me, get movies downloaded in a decent amount of time. Yes, I'll agree buying a movie is faster, but it won't be needed as we progress further along the path we are currently taking. Not to mention things only continue to get faster as time goes on. Blu-ray will, more than likely, be the last form of physical film available for purchase. It is also cheaper to go with DD, so as long as copyrights are in place movie studios will jump right on it.

You're right, when you download A movie, it takes like 40 minutes (via warez + rapidshare) or torrent for a hour.
But have you tried downloading a HD movie? No? I thought so.
It takes (at least for me atm) 3 and half of hours and I don't have a BR burner so ... BluRay will last more than ten years, that's for certain. You can mark my words.

Do you have proof? And how do 3 or 4 members on a forum that you visit = +13% and upwards in system failure? Like I said, most RRoD stories are old, and are just recycled by Sony fanboys that need to poke at every fault of the other systems to feel like they justified their purchase.

Some of my friends are (sadly) Xbox360 owners, and two of them have had Red Ring, one of them was supposed to get a new one but got screwed over and got a refurbished what died a week later.

And I beleive you are the one that needs to do some searching - honestly. Please, invest 20 minutes and search / lurk around Google with keywords "Red Ring Of Death" or "X360 problems" you'll be amazed how frenquent they are.
They are not kidding when they say 1 in every 3 X360 will be a unlucky one.
I don't like the games on Xbox consoles and the design - thats my reason for not buyng one, not the RRoD.

1. He took no sides, per se. He even admitted to using his sony consoles more, and to not owning the PS3 or the 360.
2. What I said was fact. Go check your "news" articles and you'll find what I'm saying. Actually, I'm sorry, I forgot ps3fanboy doesn't cover those sort of topics in their blogs. Nevermind!

Hm, blogs? I know only one reliable gaming news blog, it's qj.net
Other places where I check news (and I suggest you do the same .. before you'll start arguing about my posts.)
Gamespot.com
IGN.com
Computerandvideogames.com
1up.com
qj.net

You can call me a fanboy, I don't mind. But I really just prefer PS3 to the Xbox that's why I defend it.

Why would I waste my time looking through articles from May 2007 and reading trash from SDF fanboys?

SDF? May 2007? Enlighten me please.

Jesus Christ you sound like a broken record.

Have you wondered why? It's because you keep bringing up the same things - so I will reply the same things, understand now? =_=

Listen, you have your choice and opinion and I have my own. If you love your damn console so much, go play it. Why waste time arguing here when you can play with your obviously "superior" console?

I play with it maybe once in a week, I don't "love" it that much (yet).
I'm wasting my time over here for the same reason as you - to prove which one of us is right .. and I will keep continueing until I won't see some made up things and false information posters.

@ bakakame (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=29838)

I don't mind being called a Sony fanboy .. but I just don't like X360 for various reasons. And I beleive it's justified to call someone Xbot when he/she talks only about X360.

Also, hahahahah at your "Playstation failure" search.
Do you know why it has so many results? It's because there are MORE than one Playstation.

Playstation 2 is the top selling console world-wide, it has sold like 125 million consoles..and the DRE error was in ever 15th or so .. so you do the math please.
Also there are PSP's, if a noob tried to upgrade to custom firmware / mess with flash then it's a chance it will brick and be a failed console. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1979407", true);

FoX_D3ff3nd3R
02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
ok, well im not gunna load up a heap of specs and say "there, this one is better"

im going on my own opinions from what IV seen,
i dont want to fight about it...

so far, every game iv played on both, the ps3 versions look better, and the loading times seem shorter, tho iv only played 2 games across them both, (NFS:PS and COD4)
both those game i have on PC btw and the pc version kick the crap out of the console versions... well, maybe not nfs, but cod4 sux on console...

next is the controllers, while the 360 is good, i just like the ps3 one better,
tho i must say, that feature where u plug the 360 controller into the pc and it works straight away with games like bioshock really impressed me!

and finally, my computer that has an old power supply and 6 fans makes less noise than the 360!
i found at my mates place that we had to turn the tv up higher to stop the sound of whirring fans or other **** in there...

in the end it comes down to personal opinion, it like how some people like rice cars and others muscle cars,
no point fighting bout it...

bakakame
02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Also, hahahahah at your "Playstation failure" search.
Do you know why it has so many results? It's because there are MORE than one Playstation.

Playstation 2 is the top selling console world-wide, it has sold like 125 million consoles..and the DRE error was in ever 15th or so .. so you do the math please.
Also there are PSP's, if a noob tried to upgrade to custom firmware / mess with flash then it's a chance it will brick and be a failed console. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1979407", true);

Sorry, I just re-searched for playstation 3 failure, turned up 1.9 million results from google. Like I said, arbitrary searches on these sites mean absolutely nothing.

Hypergraphian
02-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I seriously don't get the whole argument about sales figures when you guys aren't able to understand the magnitude of factors (not just popularity) that go behind technological gadget sales. I'm going to highlight a few :-

a) Vendor pushing - Companies like Microsoft and Sony have their own set of sales targets for each region. Depending on what their own research tells them about the types of consumers present in those regions, they then develop their targets. So its not as simple as the more you sell the better. There is an issue of supply and inventory control that they have to manage. Over produce and you stock up too many consoles. Under produce and you may lead to shortage. This means that in areas where they feel competition is high (i.e. a good mix of PS3/Xbox 360 fans) they try to provide better incentives (or commission rates) for vendors to sell the Xbox rather than the PS3 OR the other way round.

b) Supply and Demand - In most cases (accept for accessories), technological companies would prefer to underproduce and oversell than the other way round. You may choose to believe it or not, but electronic goods are perishable goods. Although they are probably one of the slowest perishable goods. Dust + air moisture kills it quickly and to store these equipment in a static free, dust free and moisture free environment is extremely expensive. Hence why you normally have sell outs, especially during the first batch because they produce less than what they do later on in the year. The shortage created in the first batch is also normally due to market testing, i.e. they wanna see how many people will really eat up the consoles they dish out.

c) Marketing spend and branding - Here's where a large part of our minds are predetermined by the marketing and branding dished out by these companies. Perception for the Xbox 360 will be higher and better because of the following reasons :-
1) Microsoft has deeper pockets than Sony
2) The Xbox 360 came out first and "first" is normally better in the general consumer's minds unless you're a brand that can not be depended upon.
3) The Sony company had a big problem with its former CEO (in Japan) forced to resign honorably from the company causing the delay in the console, the degradation of the Sony brand and poor financial management. The new head is now working hard to pick up the pieces but as you can see, the damage is already done. So unless you are a loyal Sony fan, chances are you might view the PS3 delay as its failure. Hence the swing towards the Xbox.

If you really want to try another experiment, you're encouraged to open up a Microsoft vs. Sony branding. I wonder if those results would correlate with the one put up in this forum. For the people in my region, the results would skew towards the Sony brand and hence the PS3. Its because Sony has focused a majority of their budget in this part of the world. Besides, I would encourage you guys to search up reviews and their scores, not failures. Read through them and most will comment that the PS3 is a great machine but expensive as compared to the Xbox 360, which may not have as many features but is a little more affordable.

NinnaMoon
02-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay, I'm a Xbox 360 fanatic. I hate PS3 it can die!!

CroSsplay!
02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
i'm sorry i dont like the PS3 but they have FFXIII and Teken 6.

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-21-2008, 11:51 PM
With the huge lineup and blu-ray winning the format war I'm almost certin 2008 will be even better.

Or because the 360 had absolutely no competition in 2006 so it was the only next gen console selling at the time. then when it did get competition it's sales dropped.Then you're really not paying attention. Their sales did drop, yes, BUT NOT BY MUCH AT ALL. For a console that's already been out a while, that was a respectable number of sales. And there's STILL a line-up of expected games that are likely to be amazing on the console.

This is more of a sony fan going "Lalala I'm not listening!". PS3 had one good selling year. ONE. Right now it doesn't seem like there's going to be another, unless Sony pulls a fast one.

Sanosuke23
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
1) Power does not mean superiority. If it did, we'd all be playing the Dreamcast 3 and Atari Jaguar 5600. What makes a system is the games on it.

2) If a game isn't even announced by a company, no. If the magazine scans are from a 30 second dev demo, then no. I left pretty much any game I found at least a gameplay trailer for. Anything that isn't that far I wouldn't lean on at all.

3) I have played Lair and I don't mind it either way, but as I said I wasn't referring to my opinions but how reviews typically play out. When the developers have to send a manual to the reviewers on HOW THE PLAY THE GAME RIGHT after the game comes out, your game is a joke.

4) I don't recall once saying anything about HD-DVD being anything. Please, PLEASE show me where I said that.

5) I did't say the PS3 didn't have rumble, you're confusing me with someone else. Don't do that, it makes you look incredibly idiotic and hurts your credibility.

6) I can't be that thing because I am not an Xbox fanboy. If that's your best line of defense, return to 4chan and swim in your sea of fail and memes, you'll be much happier there.

7) Mine didn't overheat. Like I said, the lens was put in wrong and parts scraped against the disc, rendering it useless.

8) YOU CALLED THE COMPANY EVIL. THAT IS MUCH MORE THAN "Well I am simply of the opinion that the PS3 is better. The 360 may be fine for you, but I prefer Sony's console." THAT IS THE BIAS OF AN INSANE PERSON.

9) I've played both, and followed the industry track records of both, up until about two months ago. They both have good points, but guess what? A good chunk of the games on BOTH systems will be crap, and you will rarely hear about them because of it. That doesn't change the fact that they're on the system.

FoX_D3ff3nd3R
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
why are people throwing sales number and percentages around?
next you'll all be stating the days each company sold the most of each month...

when it comes down to it, its quality of product for cost,

at this stage, i think they're about right...
hence the xbox being the cheaper of the 2...

but then, both are having their arses kick by the wii,
which is more of a family thing anyways...

besides, all i care about right now is metal gear solid,
me being a die hard fan of the series, it may be the only reason to buy my first console...

Chaos Proxy
02-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Sorry, I just re-searched for playstation 3 failure, turned up 1.9 million results from google. Like I said, arbitrary searches on these sites mean absolutely nothing.

Omg, I can't beleive how dumb you are, I'm serious. o_o
Do you know how Google even works? Or any other search engine?

When you type: Playstation 3 failure - it will search you ALL websites & blogs what have words like "Playstation", "Playstation 3", "3", "Failure".

Now I'll teach you how to use search engines properly.

If you type in "Playstation 3 failure" with those marks > "" you will find all the websites what have mentioned "Playstation 3 failure".
And I just did the search over Google and got 1300 results aginst your millions.
And guess what? Most of the sites are duplicates, like if it has been mentioned on some thread then your search engine will find all posts on that thread and will make your search keywords bold - but the content is same.

And if you look closely you can see people talking how LOW it is, some SCEE people are sayng it's only 0.02%, while some gaming sites tell us it's up to 2%.

While it's nowhere NEAR to the X360 big failure rate.

I hope you understand now .. that search engine results (numbers) DO NOT MATTER, but there are websites what CONTENT matters.

And just for fun try Googling "Xbox360 failure", or "Red Ring Of Death".

@
Ichiro Matsuchani (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=41885)

Have you even looked at the upcoming games on Playstation 3 (this year) versus upcoming games (this year) X360?

While PS3 has loads of exclusives and certain hit games, the X360 has mostly multi-plaform games and only few exclusives coming.
So you're comment "pull a fast one" should be directed at MS.

@ Sanosuke23 (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=11580)

1. I know it doesn't. Did you know that GameCube had more raw / graphic power than Playstation 2? But it died rather quickly.

2. Well it's your decision, I won't argue.

3. Do you know why they did that? Because alot of reviewers played the game 15 minutes and then quit because it was too hard / impossible for them to use the controls + sixaxis motion sensor.

4. You didn't, I didn't say you were sayng. o_õ

5. No, but you said that Xbox360 has rumble - what was your answer aginst my motion sensor post, thus you were tryng to confuse others that the PS3 has only motion sensor, and X360 has rumble. (Or at least thats how it looked)

6. 4chan? Why do you think I've ever been to that site? But seeing as you want me to go there, I think you're the one who's from there. :rolleyes:

7. -

8. Oh? So calling a company evil is that bad? Well guess what? Try searching how many people around the internet have posted similar thing (aginst diffrent companys). I think you need a chill-pill.

9. Define a "crap" game. The fact you dont like it, or millions of others dont like it doesnt mean it's bad or shouldn't have been done.
There are thousands of games out there what are actually better than mainstream popular games but since they are not so widely known .. people will not buy them.

Light Buster
02-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Everyone's reason that they hate the 360 (mostly): It's an American system. It doesn't do well in Japan.

@ *Ninna* ~ Hatake: I totally agree with you.

ComposerOfRequiems
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I seriously don't get the whole argument about sales figures when you guys aren't able to understand the magnitude of factors (not just popularity) that go behind technological gadget sales. I'm going to highlight a few :-
Please don't jump to the conclusion that I do not know what I'm talking about. You may post against what I've said, but do not make a claim about myself in which you have no support.

If that's your best line of defense, return to phailchan and swim in your sea of fail and memes, you'll be much happier there.
Fixed.

Omg, I can't beleive how dumb you are, I'm serious. o_o
Do you know how Google even works? Or any other search engine?

When you type: Playstation 3 failure - it will search you ALL websites & blogs what have words like "Playstation", "Playstation 3", "3", "Failure".

Now I'll teach you how to use search engines properly.

If you type in "Playstation 3 failure" with those marks > "" you will find all the websites what have mentioned "Playstation 3 failure".
And I just did the search over Google and got 1300 results aginst your millions.
And guess what? Most of the sites are duplicates, like if it has been mentioned on some thread then your search engine will find all posts on that thread and will make your search keywords bold - but the content is same.
Wouldn't that apply to the RRoD articles and threads aswell? ;[ I'm not saying the RRoD wasn't a big issue, it was, I'm simply stating the problem has been fixed and the numbers on failed hardware for the 360 are, more or less, the same as the PS3 now. The biggest problems with the 360 were as follows:
- X-clamp falling off
- GPU removing from the motherboard
- DVD drive malfunctioning
- Loud fans and a poor heatsink

Microsoft has revamped the heatsink, added more sodder to the x-clamp (thus, keeping the gpu attached to the motherboard), added smaller chips, and fixed the DVD drive. So the system is a little loud, big deal. If you have an HDTV, chances are you have a surround sound system and can't hear anything from the 360. Complaining about the system's noise is, in reality, the same as saying the PS3 is rather large when compared to the other systems. There is no real point.

And if you look closely you can see people talking how LOW it is, some SCEE people are sayng it's only 0.02%, while some gaming sites tell us it's up to 2%.
Because companies don't lie about percentages. I mean, Sony told EVERYONE about those exploding battery packs they put in laptops, right? e.e

I hope you understand now .. that search engine results (numbers) DO NOT MATTER, but there are websites what CONTENT matters.
You were the one that brought this up. You were the one that said those results played a role. Contradictions are not cool, kind sir.

And just for fun try Googling "Xbox360 failure", or "Red Ring Of Death".
Try googling "Bioshock sucks" and see what comes up. It's the internet; people can say and do whatever they feel like on it.

While PS3 has loads of exclusives and certain hit games, the X360 has mostly multi-plaform games and only few exclusives coming.
So you're comment "pull a fast one" should be directed at MS.
Exclusives this generation are all but gone. Aside from 1st party software, I can say with confidence that 70% of those games will go multi-platform, assuming they are not in a contract with Sony. The risk of producing for a single console is too great now, do to higher production and development costs.

Try searching how many people around the internet have posted similar thing (aginst diffrent companys). I think you need a chill-pill.
As we all know, conforming is good! I mean, it worked during the slave times and it worked for the nazis, right?

Define a "crap" game.
A game that is made of fail and aids.

The fact you dont like it, or millions of others dont like it doesnt mean it's bad or shouldn't have been done.
By your logic, ET for the Atari was a good game. Only failures find other things full of fail fun and/or worthwhile.

Chaos Proxy
02-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Please don't jump to the conclusion that I do not know what I'm talking about. You may post against what I've said, but do not make a claim about myself in which you have no support.

Wouldn't that apply to the RRoD articles and threads aswell? ;[ I'm not saying the RRoD wasn't a big issue, it was, I'm simply stating the problem has been fixed and the numbers on failed hardware for the 360 are, more or less, the same as the PS3 now. The biggest problems with the 360 were as follows:
- X-clamp falling off
- GPU removing from the motherboard
- DVD drive malfunctioning
- Loud fans and a poor heatsink

Yes, it would, I didn't say it wouldn't. But if you would actually take some time to READ my posts you would have noticed I did ask to use "" symbols to get direct results.
These problems what you just listed are very minor and rather rare, but the RRoD is a well-know and the most popular one. You will find people typing in various forums how their Xboxes have died but only very very few people with PS3 problems.
The fixes MS have tried to do have not reduced the RRoD's but it has made some RRoD's to dissappear after some time. (clamp change)

Because companies don't lie about percentages. I mean, Sony told EVERYONE about those exploding battery packs they put in laptops, right? e.e

There was ONE case where it happened and the laptop owner did say he's laptop was running some heavy programs at the moment.
And it didn't explode, it simply went to flames. (Like countless of Nokia batterys)
And what did Sony do? They collected 80 000 batteryed back, lost alot of cash - just to check if the other batteryed had a chance to catch a flame.
But honestly SEARCH and LEARN about PS3 failure, you won't even find 100 people with dead PS3's from the internet (might be wrong, but I'm pretty certain) , because the PS3 really has NO defects.
Thought there was one case where a PS3 was so full of dust it didn't turn on and Sony refused to exchange it.

Try googling "Bioshock sucks" and see what comes up. It's the internet; people can say and do whatever they feel like on it.

So? And the point is? You can search anything .. Wii sucks, You suck, I suck .. anything .. so what?
We're talking about problems here, not opinions.
(And imho Bioshock did suck.)

Exclusives this generation are all but gone. Aside from 1st party software, I can say with confidence that 70% of those games will go multi-platform, assuming they are not in a contract with Sony. The risk of producing for a single console is too great now, do to higher production and development costs.

70% will go multi? Are you serious or just bashing? Most of the exclusives are exclusive just because they have contracts with that company. That is most likely the only reason. (Exept some hardware)
True that the price seems high, thats why Capcom decided to make MHF3 only for the Wii, but will do another MHF game later for the PS3.

A game that is made of fail and aids.

By your logic, ET for the Atari was a good game. Only failures find other things full of fail fun and/or worthwhile.

Are you tryng to be funny?
There are really thousands of games what have recived no honour or have sold very medicore/below because they were not introduced to the public by media.

About the ET, I really don't know .. maybe it was for it's time. :closedeye
Oh man you're seriously missing the point at the failure idea..by taking it I could say all the people who have played Halo 3 or ME are failed gamers.

Hypergraphian
02-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Lol, then rebut my pointers and not my opinions of you because my pointers were my support. Obviously, you have no comprehension of what supporting arguments mean. I believe I speak for the majority of people who have noticed that you clearly prefer to highlight what people have to say about you rather than what supporting evidence people have pointed out about the issue posted.

Besides, taking from what Hecticmaniac has said, it is true to a certain extent that that is why the Xbox 360 does better in the US than in the Eastern region. Although I wouldn't describe it as hate, but rather a result of the different advertising and promotion strategies employed by the two entities in both regions. Hence my points still stand that the factors stated have an effect on the sales performance of both consoles.

And now, I'd be perfectly happy to entertain your rebuttal but please keep to the pointers and theories I've presented and on the issue at hand.

Infinita
02-22-2008, 03:30 PM
X-box 360 is probably the best. I think it has the best graphics. ^^

Chaos Proxy
02-22-2008, 05:09 PM
X-box 360 is probably the best. I think it has the best graphics. ^^

There are some good looking games on it yes, but a 2005 year hardware will be no match for 2006~2007.
While X360 has 3 cores in it's proccsessor, the PS3 has 8 of them, so PS3 can handle with much larger rendering while not losing eye-candy or frame rates.
(There are some games on X360 what will lag alot, like DiRT.)
When PS3 came, some multiplatform games looked better on X360 because many developers didn't know how to use even 30% of PS3 power.
Time passed and multiplatoformers started to look identical, but time after that (when Oblivion was launched for PS3) it was clear that the PS3 multiplatformers will look better.

bakakame
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM

This looks familiar......

quantity of results from an arbitrary search on a popular search engine holds no value.

So after all that arguing and calling me stupid, you agree with me?

brightsidelinkTS
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I think Yahtzee says this best

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1383-Zero-Punctuation-Console-Rundown

FoX_D3ff3nd3R
02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
YES!!! Zero Punctuation FTW!!!

Yahtzee is a funny cunt lol

CyraXZero
02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
i love my ps3 the most (although i have all 3 consoles =)

reason? well sony makes me so hyped for some games. mgs 4 right off the bat. looking forward to it ^^ and sony has never dissappointed. i'm sure it'll be more than a match for 360 as soon as games starts pumping out.

now flame lovers make a note that this is my PERSONAL opinion...so don't try it...*shakes finger at offended parties*

FoX_D3ff3nd3R
02-23-2008, 06:50 AM
yea, no kidding, people get way too hyped over this,

and its been proved that the ps3 gfx are better,
why do people still deny it?

i mean, im not having at go at anyone in particular,
and personally, if the gameplay is good, then i dont give a rats a$$ about gfx,
but there is actually video proof that the gfx are better on the ps3...
they recorded the same parts in certain games and ran them back to back,
even a bit with a split in the middle with ps3 on one side and 360 on the other...

hell, even ppl were commenting the video saying its fake,
i just dont understand why people are so naive,
coz when it all comes down to it,
its not something you'll be doing forever,
enjoy it while it lasts,

i myself find it hard to make time between work and car work to play games...

Meteor Dragon
03-27-2008, 02:51 AM
I think Playstation 3 is better for me.

MomijiTMO
03-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm over both. People with PS3's can't stop yapping about how awesome their cell processor is and how absolutely fan-fricken-tastic their graphics are. Let's be honest. It's a god damn G71 mod core in the PS3. That's about 20% performance compared to the G92 core found in the 8800GTS. The cell processor may be the cheapest folding machine ever but that's about it.

RROD pretty much kills all hopes of the 360. 4 out of my 8 friends who own a 360 have had theirs die and guess what, they went out and bought new ones. The reason behind the RROD is thermal issues as the 360 has no thermal throttling and therefore you literally fry it by playing games for more than 2 hours. WHY didn't Microsoft design it with better airflow is beyond me [like sticking a DVD drive in the middle of their so called 'air tunnel'] and I think someone needs to be fired for a complete FAIL.

So yeah . .. if I had to pick I'd get a PS3. It may be over priced and it's fan boys may force you to laugh but at least it will work 3 years from the date of purchase.

gaburieru
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd go with the XBOX360. Better songs on guitar hero and fable i coming soon :P

Zanethose
03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't pick one over the other at the moment.

Simply put, the PS3 has better hardware which equals bigger and better looking games, sure. But honestly, how many of those games that have been good cant be found on the 360?

And while the 360 may suck when hardware is compared and it may die out faster, it has many many many more games and offers much better online play, even though you do have to pay for it.

So honestly, right now, I cant choose one over the other. The PS3 is the better system, but the 360 has a better games library.

aka-ba-ra-hana-wabi-ra
03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I'll go with PS3 since when SONY was the company that made it^^

sensei-zeb
03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
i would choose the ps3 becasue i have always been a play station fan i don't enjoy playing the xbox than the ps3. for example halo 3 i dont really like that game. and then resistance and call of duty they seem to be (for me) better and more fun ( i hope i havn't offended anyone )

Kawairashii hikari
03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
THe PS# to me is far better than the Xbox 360.
My father had the 360 first and i thought the graphics were good and everything, the gameplay all right.
But when he got the PS3 and he put in that game, uh, heavenly Sword... those graphics were amazzzing. I love it so much, i like the gameplay better as well.

Another thing I didn't like about 360 is the the red ring... when it all of a sudden went dead. And if you tried to mess with it it'd mess the system up. PS3 never had anything wrong with it.

qG.Shogun
03-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Xbox 360 for sure i just love it but i cant admit ps3 aint bad two both has there diffrences but i still think the Xbox 360 is better.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, this thread was a fun read.

Anyway, I am getting a PS3. The library on the 360 isn't that much better (I kind of want BioShock and Mass Effect [although after EA bought out Bioware, I'd be suprised if it didn't wind up on PS3]), but basically every other game I want has wound up on the PS3. Or will wind up (MGS4 <3<3<3).

But the real reason I want it is the fact I can install Linux on it, and if I can install Linux on it I can run Wine, DOSbox and other emulators on it. And frankly, playing PC and old console games on a 28 inch HD TV while sitting on a couch is much more appealing then sitting at this hard chair with a broken back and looking at a 20 inch Monitor.

daft
03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
It sure was!

Buruku
03-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Man, what the hell. When will people start playing the systems before making these retarded assumptions.

It's like...all of a sudden a thread about comparing consoles is posted, and everyone on the freakin forum all of a sudden has something to say.

Go play Nintendogs and stfu.

Edit:
I keep laughing at how mean that last sentence is.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Man, what the hell. When will people start playing the systems before making these retarded assumptions.

It's like...all of a sudden a thread about comparing consoles is posted, and everyone one the freakin forum all of a sudden has something to say.

Go play Nintendogs and stfu.

Go play Nintendogs Patapon and stfu.

Corrected.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, for the tongue-planted-firmly-in-cheek-impaired.

Zanethose
03-29-2008, 08:42 PM

Anyway, I am getting a PS3. The library on the 360 isn't that much better (I kind of want BioShock and Mass Effect [although after EA bought out Bioware, I'd be suprised if it didn't wind up on PS3]), but basically every other game I want has wound up on the PS3. Or will wind up (MGS4 <3<3<3).

But the real reason I want it is the fact I can install Linux on it, and if I can install Linux on it I can run Wine, DOSbox and other emulators on it. And frankly, playing PC and old console games on a 28 inch HD TV while sitting on a couch is much more appealing then sitting at this hard chair with a broken back and looking at a 20 inch Monitor.

Well, I gotta say, I disagree slightly with the statement about the library not being that much better, but other than that I agree completely, especially with the MGS4 remark. Once that game comes out my 360 wont be seeing action for a looooong time, that is, of course, unless Gears 2 is as amazing as its supposed to be. >.>

and yea, being able to install emulators on the PS3 is awesome, but that isnt too big of a deal to me as I have basically every emulator I could want on my PSP already

Ezzy
03-30-2008, 01:24 AM
PS3 for several reasons:

Blueray player since HD is done
Better third party support
May not now but will have the biggest library out of Wii and 360 because of #2
And my personal reason: Final Fantasy XIII plus more to come360 and Wii are in the lead currently for systems sold and such because the system selling games have not come out for the PS3. The same exact thing happened with the PS2. It didnt start to do well until a year or two after it came out because everyone wanted to buy gamecubes and play all those first party games like mario, zelda, etc.

Dogmat
03-31-2008, 01:44 AM
They're both great consoles. I can't decide between one or the other. The 360 has Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 coming out while the PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII. But I chose the PS3 in the poll because I haven't had a PS3 breakdown on me.

Those cursed three red lights!!! :banghead: My friend recently got them on his 360 console as well. He bought a PS3 and we've been doing some Vegas 2 co-op while he gets it fixed.

Chaos Proxy
03-31-2008, 07:52 AM
Don't worry about X360 games. 80% of them are coming also for PC.
And that's something we all have.

Amray
03-31-2008, 12:19 PM
I have always been a PS person, but I have a 360. But I would never complain I like the way they work with all the Achievments you can get and stuff.

DOA #4 FTW!!

Aizmov
03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, the X360 now has a 3 years warranty and IMO at the moment the X360 has the better library, that obviously will change once Atlus starts pumping games into the PS3. There is no reason not to go with all 3 consoles, no need to miss on any good game :)

Diarmait
04-06-2008, 03:54 PM
I think the PS3 is way better, because, let's face it, Xbox 360's have been recalled way to much. They are unreliable and I wouldn't want to have to get a new one every week.

Digital Dragon
04-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I have played on both and prefer the PS3.

Brojasu
04-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Why not just get both, thats what I did

Mow_Uchiha2008
04-12-2008, 09:35 AM
PS3. The best games are coming to make history!!!

Ein Einsamer Soldat
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised this thread didn't get too ugly
I own both(and each one put a huge hole in my pocket book) and I would say the PS3 is a much better platform

~Without a doubt the 360 has a greater variety of games, and from what I can tell, more Live accounts than PSN accounts with more active players

~The PS3 uses the Blu-Ray which can hold a great deal more information than your 360 disc(or the HD-DVD which was an upgrade for your 360 or standard on the Elite)

~HD-DVD lost the Hi-Def Disc War with Blu-Ray, Making the HD-DVD player mostly useless(also the Blu-Ray can hold almost double that of a HD-DVD, 30GB compared to 50GB)

~The PS3 also has many more features than the 360(web browser for one, too lazy to list anymore xp)

~Much more on the 360's "Market Place"(such as TV shows, movie rentals, etc.) compared to the "Playstation Store" (which is mainly game related and Blu-Ray trailers)

I could go on comparing the two for hours, but in the end "which is better" depends on

Looking for more serious gaming and a Hi-tech piece of equipment.
or
Looking for a quick-fix to jump in and have some fun!

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Just to add to a mostly dead thread; Anyone waiting for MGS4 to come out on X-Box 360 shouldn't hold their breath. Kojima has already had to make cuts from the PS3 version- because he ran out of room on the Blu-Ray disk!

Ein Einsamer Soldat
04-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Just to add to a mostly dead thread; Anyone waiting for MGS4 to come out on X-Box 360 shouldn't hold their breath. Kojima has already had to make cuts from the PS3 version- because he ran out of room on the Blu-Ray disk!

I am so sorry for this(completely off the topic) but I had to:p
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/coltshooter16/mgs4xbox360oj1.png

bakakame
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd estimate 95% of that goes into CG cutscenes (the first turn-off for me) get rid of the cutscenes and the game probably only takes up a zip disc; and lasts a whopping total of 45 minutes.

Also, he doesn't want to compress anything, so the game is written completely umcompressed, well at least it was. It's more like how Ninja Theory claimed to fill the whole disc with 5 hours of game than a testimate to how much is actually IN the game. From what I've heard they're even making you buy the online portion of the game seperately. Thank god I never liked this series, I'd feel kinda cheated.

Dogmat
04-27-2008, 08:11 AM
From what I've heard they're even making you buy the online portion of the game seperately. Thank god I never liked this series, I'd feel kinda cheated.

No, Metal Gear Online will be on the MGS4 disc. There'll of course be additional content for multiplayer to download later.

bakakame
04-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Ah, if that's the case than I'd feel no more cheated than I am with these #$!%#$ing $10 Halo 3 map packs.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I'd estimate 95% of that goes into CG cutscenes (the first turn-off for me) get rid of the cutscenes and the game probably only takes up a zip disc; and lasts a whopping total of 45 minutes.

Also, he doesn't want to compress anything, so the game is written completely umcompressed, well at least it was. It's more like how Ninja Theory claimed to fill the whole disc with 5 hours of game than a testimate to how much is actually IN the game.

As someone who has played RPGs for most of his life, cutscenes don't bother me so long as the story is good. I actually made it most of the way through Xenosaga's 30 hours of cutscenes before I ran screaming from the game in anger over the innovative "Enemy gets as many turns as it wants" fighting system.

But, it's not as though Kojima would release MGS4: Ugly Expositionless version to X-Box 360 which is more my point. A lot of 360 fans were consoling themselves that Konami would have to make them a MGS4 too. I'm sure Kojima's mansions are already lined with enough gold as it is.

Zanethose
04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
As someone who has played RPGs for most of his life, cutscenes don't bother me so long as the story is good. I actually made it most of the way through Xenosaga's 30 hours of cutscenes before I ran screaming from the game in anger over the innovative "Enemy gets as many turns as it wants" fighting system.

But, it's not as though Kojima would release MGS4: Ugly Expositionless version to X-Box 360 which is more my point. A lot of 360 fans were consoling themselves that Konami would have to make them a MGS4 too. I'm sure Kojima's mansions are already lined with enough gold as it is.

hahaha Ill be honest MP2K, Im not sure what exactly is going on here but I do have to say that I do believe that MGS4 disc pack for the 360 is dated. MGS4 doesnt fit on blu-ray so unless they intend to make MGS4 like 5 discs then there isnt anyway its coming to 360. If you notice, there are so many different features that this game is already huge in file size. Look at the movements alone. There probably at least 4 or 5 different ways to crawl alone. Regular speed crawl, slow crawl, fast crawl, humped back crawl (when Snake humps his back up and then pushes with his legs to move forward) and roll (rolling sideways.) That right there, while in retrospect, isnt a huge amount of data, is enough to show you just how much is going on.

Aside from this, you can now move in the crouched position, you can camouflage yourself by hiding as a statue or things of the such and heres what may take up some of the most space, the Octo-Camo. The system literally takes the data of whatever you are pressed up against and copies it to your suit. That right there has to take up A LOT of space. Think of how many camos the game has to randomly generate through that system. That alone has to be a huge chunk of the game.

But, I could be completely talking out my buttox. Send me the link to where you got that picture from and I'll read the article, Im quite interested, actually.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
hahaha Ill be honest MP2K, Im not sure what exactly is going on here but I do have to say that I do believe that MGS4 disc pack for the 360 is dated. MGS4 doesnt fit on blu-ray so unless they intend to make MGS4 like 5 discs then there isnt anyway its coming to 360. If you notice, there are so many different features that this game is already huge in file size. Look at the movements alone. There probably at least 4 or 5 different ways to crawl alone. Regular speed crawl, slow crawl, fast crawl, humped back crawl (when Snake humps his back up and then pushes with his legs to move forward) and roll (rolling sideways.) That right there, while in retrospect, isnt a huge amount of data, is enough to show you just how much is going on.

Aside from this, you can now move in the crouched position, you can camouflage yourself by hiding as a statue or things of the such and heres what may take up some of the most space, the Octo-Camo. The system literally takes the data of whatever you are pressed up against and copies it to your suit. That right there has to take up A LOT of space. Think of how many camos the game has to randomly generate through that system. That alone has to be a huge chunk of the game.

But, I could be completely talking out my buttox. Send me the link to where you got that picture from and I'll read the article, Im quite interested, actually.
Um, that was someone else's pic, posted as a joke, and an obvious 'shop. I know that MGS4 isn't coming to 360, I'm just remarking how funny I found that 6 months ago 360-fans were remarking how they'd just wait for the 360 version, which would have to be made to (as they would say) account for the inherent suckiness of the PS3.

rf switch
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I will be rambling on.

I haven't been that impressed with either really. I still prefer a keyboard and mouse over a control pad for FPS. So a big chunk of the "great" games like Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, The Orange Box don't really appeal to me in console form. I feel the Halo series is greatly over-rated. But I don't need every FPS out there like some people seem to need. One great one every couple years is fine with me. I'd rather play FP games like Bioshock and System Shock anyways. My 360 collects a lot of dust. I found Lost Odyssey to be pretty average and lost interest in it. Blue Dragon was pretty meh. Mass Effect was cool. While I haven't gotten around to buying it yet the extra stuff in the PC version is making me want that instead.

The PS3 I use mainly as a media center and for PS2 and PS1 games. I love my PS1 and PS2 games. I love not having to use memory cards anymore with it. Games wise the PS3 started out slow, as did the PS2, as did the 360. I have no doubt that by the end of the PS3's life there will be a great library of games for it. It was worth a purchase. I enjoyed Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Assassin's Creed (yes I know its multiplatform). I like lightgun games so Time Crisis 4 kept me entertained for a bit as well. I like that PS3 games are region free. Sure some 360 games are as well. But the PS3 does it better. I'd like to say I'm waiting for MGS4. But I'm not. I'd also much rather use the PS controller layout for fighting games such as Street Fighter IV, KOFXII, Tekken 6. I may get GTA4 for the PS3. I may choose the 360 version as well. I haven't decided yet. But DLC and online play for that game don't mean much to me.

Sales mean nothing to me. The Neo-Geo didn't sell to well but I still love that system and have no plans to ever get rid of it. But even for coming out a year later and at such a high price the PS3 isn't doing that badly.

So even with the lack of a current games library the PS3 slightly edges out the 360 for me

IceBubleFlava
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah I chose, u know Ps3. Eventhough I have neither systems, I still plan to buy the ps3 over the xbox360, but it's close.

Zanethose
05-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Um, that was someone else's pic, posted as a joke, and an obvious 'shop. I know that MGS4 isn't coming to 360, I'm just remarking how funny I found that 6 months ago 360-fans were remarking how they'd just wait for the 360 version, which would have to be made to (as they would say) account for the inherent suckiness of the PS3.

oh no I wasnt trying to imply that you were saying that it was coming to 360, rather I was quoting your post because I found it amusing and agreed with it. Sorry, I didnt quite clearly state that in my post, my bad xD hahaha

Eternal_Flame
05-03-2008, 09:48 AM
I have to say that the XBOX 360 is much better than the PS3. The XBL experience is awesome and there are MANY games of pretty much any genre that come out for the 360. The PS3 doesn't seem to have many games that come out for it, so I base my opinion on that.

Uchiha,Madara
05-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I like that 360 better then the PS3

sesshomaruisgod
05-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Not to say anything bad about the ps3 I would chose 360. I have played both 360 and Ps3 and choose 360. This is largely due to the fact that all my friends have 360 and all have live. I'm getting more online based so I think I choose 360 for that reason

The Nightingale
06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
XBOX 360.

Dunt Know Why....they have the new fable on it soon though!

and Halo 3

so yeah....

WAIT...PS3 has Final Fantasy!!! I change haha XD

Drifter Uk
06-03-2008, 02:29 PM
ive had this conversation so many times with my friends. no one seems to understand that neither is better, only that one can do more, if u want a console, get a 360, but if u want a console and a blu-ray player, get a ps3

i personally have a 360, cause i didnt feel like paying a load more money for stuff i wouldnt use, because i dont have a hd tv

Phylloh
06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Dude ps3 all the way here i own em both but come on . . the ps3 will have better cames cuz the only reason the 360 does so well is Halo if microsoft didnt have halo they wouldnt have a system but i digress, everyone is entitled to their own opinion i just dont liek PAYING to pay a game i bought already online -_- aka live

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I prefer the PS3, but they both have their weaknesses.

But the Wii knock both consoles with Wii Fit.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-03-2008, 07:34 PM

Why? You balance on a board. Sounds... fun...

And as far as the peripheral itself goes, it's stupid, and like every other peripheral released by Nintendo, there will be three or fewer decent games for it. Nintendo has never been unafraid to punish people for buying an expensive, game specific controller.

Zanethose
06-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Why? You balance on a board. Sounds... fun...

And as far as the peripheral itself goes, it's stupid, and like every other peripheral released by Nintendo, there will be three or fewer decent games for it. Nintendo has never been unafraid to punish people for buying an expensive, game specific controller.

Wii fit actually got decent reviews and who knows, the wii fit pad may just end up spawning a couple of good games. I can see a tony hawk game or something like that being used with it.

And I do agree, the peripheral is stupid, but remember peripherals are usually game specific, so even if three or fewer decent games come out that use it, thats better than for most peripherals.

Ayame_Sohma
06-05-2008, 02:16 AM

I would have to agree with you and i just love the Wii Fit its great fun.

Linen
06-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I'd have to go with the 360, because of Xbox live, and it has more games right now then any other system, plus all the good games are going for the 360 right now, besides Metal Gear and Ninja Gaiden.

Kojack
06-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm going to choose the PS3 over the Xbox360 when it comes time for me to buy one, because there's no region protection on the PlayStation. Import a go-go, baby!

Also, Bluray.

god_that_failed
06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Taking into consideration the failure rates of each, I perfer the 360. This is because I like the games on it more than the ones on the PS3, simple as that. I don't care about blu-ray or HDDVDs or how much power one console has over the other, if the games are better on one system than they are on another, then that's my perfered system.

My perfered system may change later on, since the PS3 has quite a few titles coming out that look like their made of awesome. Only time will tell.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Taking into consideration the failure rates of each, I perfer the 360. This is because I like the games on it more than the ones on the PS3, simple as that. I don't care about blu-ray or HDDVDs or how much power one console has over the other, if the games are better on one system than they are on another, then that's my perfered system.

My perfered system may change later on, since the PS3 has quite a few titles coming out that look like their made of awesome. Only time will tell.

There aren't that many exclusive titles on 360 though. The only two I can think of that are of any worth are Halo 3 (the most humdrum FPS of all time) and Dead Rising. And I'm pretty sure that Halo 3 will be ported to the PC like the other 2, where it will be ignored because the PC is already swimming in decent FPS and doesn't need a watered down one.

Beezer
06-11-2008, 12:17 AM
While also on PC Gears of War is a fun game. I love my 360 but I'll eventually be getting a PS3 due to the exclusives they have coming out (God of War, Final Fantasy XIII, and Disgaea 3). I wish I had the cash to buy it from walmart.com right now (not sure if its still going on). They have a deal where you buy a PS3 (40gb i think) and you get a $100 walmart gift card. Not too shabby at all.

Gallen
06-11-2008, 01:33 AM
YA I KNO WAT U TALKIN BOUT I TRYD OUT A FRIENDS XBOX AN THE GAMES WERE BETTER THAN THE 1s ON MY PS2
I savin up 2 buy a 360

Gallen
06-11-2008, 01:46 AM
360 360
I NEED 2 GET A 360 cause sony is hammerin the nails in my coffin...

Zanethose
06-11-2008, 12:37 PM
There aren't that many exclusive titles on 360 though. The only two I can think of that are of any worth are Halo 3 (the most humdrum FPS of all time) and Dead Rising. And I'm pretty sure that Halo 3 will be ported to the PC like the other 2, where it will be ignored because the PC is already swimming in decent FPS and doesn't need a watered down one.

Gears of War is a decent and respectable game as well. And while it may be on Vista, it still isnt on PS3, so that helps it gain points for this topic (considering this is a PS3 vs. 360 thread)

And really, I didnt find Deadrising to be that worth it. Dont get me wrong, I really did love the game and its fun to pick up and randomly start playing whenever, but it gets pretty old after the first playthrough...

But in either case, after tomorrow, my 360 wont be seeing the light of day for a looooong time. For 2 reasons, actually.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4!!! WOOOOOT!
2. I gotta send my 360 into microsoft. Yea red ring of death...ugh...onto my 4th...or will this be my 5th?...xbox...yea...

milohuang
07-04-2008, 09:13 AM
PS3, SURE THING...
The idea of PS3 is greater than XBOX360 though Microsoft is my favorite corporation :)

Light Buster
07-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Well, it still hasn't gone haywire on me yet and got it a year ago. I'm pretty much the 64% that still has their 360 and I just disproved the 33% dieing rate (it's actually a 1% for me). And even it did, I just take my uncle's, he has two. The PS3 and the Wii have a 33% death rate. My little brother's first PS3 faced hardware failure upon buying it and the Wii that my dad bought faced a disk reader problem that was announced from last year. I win and you lose now go home.

xReaperx
07-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I say ps3 because sometimes if you can use the controller like a wii controller and thats just awesome.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, it still hasn't gone haywire on me yet and got it a year ago. I'm pretty much the 64% that still has their 360 and I just disproved the 33% dieing rate (it's actually a 1% for me). And even it did, I just take my uncle's, he has two. The PS3 and the Wii have a 33% death rate. My little brother's first PS3 faced hardware failure upon buying it and the Wii that my dad bought faced a disk reader problem that was announced from last year. I win and you lose now go home.
Your personal observations don't really matter, because you have a limited point of view. It's called statistics. Small samples will not yield accurate results. Using a large sample, 33% of X-Boxes die within 2 years. Simply because your's hasn't died in half the time that number is based on does not disprove it. Very few Wii's and PS3's will die within 2 years of purchase. That's just the facts.

But if your really want to go for living in your dream world, you can start by providing some sources that agree with you, like he did.

Sword
07-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I think the 360 is a better console but PS3 has better games, which is the ultimate decider for me. Nothing can stop me from owning MGS4 and FFXIII