PDA

View Full Version : Funimation Negotiating to Acquire Geneon Titles

Doom85
02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-02-08/funimation-negotiating-to-acquire-geneon-titles

Sweet, so for those worried about some of their series not being released anymore, you can hopefully put those fears aside.

NovaStar
02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
This is EXCELLENT News for the Industry, that way at least a few more titles will be available for us to purchase.

Note: From what I understand: Funimation will be doing Much like they did with Slayers when they aquired it from Central Park: and that is: Just bringing it Over, and not redubbing the series: Which is good.

Relentless
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I really hope they pick Black Lagoon and Hellsing Ultimate.

小美ドクロchan
03-24-2008, 01:41 PM
It'be really nice so I can finally finish ROZEN MAIDEN! DX

Souji Seta
03-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Well thats good news for all the anime purchasers in North America. I guess Geneon was a big time distributer/licenser of anime. Well, my country is pretty close to Japan and I get anime directly imported from there. I'm not as priveleged as other people in America so that is really good news.

The Rebel
05-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I, myself bought first season of Black Lagoon, and in researching a release of season 2 found out about the whole thing.
Originally, ADV was to take over, but they could not reach a "mutual" agreement. They basically have Black Lagoon the Second Barrage finished,,, but no one to distribute it.
There might be more though. I have only seen a few articles, but plan on further research of this issue.