PDA

View Full Version : okay new question

King_Shadow89
02-04-2008, 02:57 PM
This girl on line sent me this can anyone tanclate it for me.
あなたは私の子供をconcieveするでしょう

I am only familiar with one word.

Ertai87
02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Somehow I doubt you want that translated...it's probably NWS anyway...that is if I know my kanji...

Rizuchan
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
that is if I know my kanji...
If by kanji, you mean English XD I'll go ahead and say it. That girl went through all the trouble to make it sound so formal and all.

"I want you to concieve[sic] my child" (Basically, at least, I'm not sure how to phrase it in English with でしょう in this case. "Let's have you conceive my child"? I can't believe I'm even talking about this sentence...)

So, you sure this is a girl? She either needs to check her definition of 'conceive' or rearrange her sentence, methinks. :laugh:

Just as a suggestion, when it comes to sentences like this, you may just want to run them through an online translator. They're really not all that bad sometimes, especially with such a simple sentence like this (in fact, with the misspelling of 'conceive' here I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she did) It'll save you a lot of time and in cases like these perhaps embarrassment. ^-^ I'm not saying you shouldn't ask about sentences if you want to learn, but somehow I feel that isn't quite the case here. :p

AzureDark
02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
So, you sure this is a girl? She either needs to check her definition of 'conceive' or rearrange her sentence, methinks. :laugh:
It's probably the former, or that people's relations with each other in the 'net are wonky at times anyway.

Ertai87
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
If by kanji, you mean English XD I'll go ahead and say it. That girl went through all the trouble to make it sound so formal and all.

"I want you to concieve[sic] my child" (Basically, at least, I'm not sure how to phrase it in English with でしょう in this case. "Let's have you conceive my child"? I can't believe I'm even talking about this sentence...)

Actually I wasn't sure if that word was 子供 or not (I guess I could have put it through my IME to see what came up but I was lazy)...I recognized the kanji for "child" at the beginning of the word, so I figured it probably was but wasn't 100% sure.

But yeah I'm not quite sure how the でしょう fits into the sentence either, but that's the basic idea. The other option would be "I guess it must have been you who concieved my child" (でしょう can be loosely translated to "I guess" sometimes), although you have する in present tense so I can't be sure. But there you have it anyway.

MistressPookyChan
02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
hahahaha! Sorry, that was really amusing. :)

でしょう sounds a little strange in this context. Maybe she meant it to be feminine, as it is often used in feminine speak.

AzureDark
02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Actually... the deshou in that sentence looks to be of the affirmative context. Don't take it too rigidly. The informal one is darou, you could see from there if you substitute that in.

tetekmakhang
02-05-2008, 02:05 AM
hahahah.....that was hilarious....btw is that girl a stranger? or is it someone u know?

i dono but im gonna disagree with what everyone else is saying coz i think the でしょう in this sentence is actually the でしょう with the rising inflection. i usually translate it as "right?"

eg:
明日学校行くでしょう? (you're going to school tomorrow right?)

so in that sentence id translate it as "you're gonna conceive my child right?"

but in anycase, like Rizuchan said, this girl needs to look up the definition of the word "conceive" lol

MistressPookyChan
02-05-2008, 04:26 AM
eg:
明日学校行くでしょう? (you're going to school tomorrow right?)

so in that sentence id translate it as "you're gonna conceive my child right?"

That's why I thought it wouldn't fit, unless he made the implication that they were going to do something around those lines... but we won't get into that! ;)

tetekmakhang
02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
That's why I thought it wouldn't fit, unless he made the implication that they were going to do something around those lines... but we won't get into that! ;)

heheh......my first impression WASN'T that they were about to "do something around those lines" like you put it....LOL...... i just thought that maybe they were both joking and flirting around and the girl suddenly went up a gear and said "so you're gonna be having my baby right?". But then again i'm a big flirt myself so maybe i'm just biased in that way :p

anyway, till gokuman89 gives us more details of how that juicy situation occured, we all can only speculate :)

King_Shadow89
02-05-2008, 08:32 AM

Just as a suggestion, when it comes to sentences like this, you may just want to run them through an online translator. They're really not all that bad sometimes, especially with such a simple sentence like this (in fact, with the misspelling of 'conceive' here I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she did) It'll save you a lot of time and in cases like these perhaps embarrassment. ^-^ I'm not saying you shouldn't ask about sentences if you want to learn, but somehow I feel that isn't quite the case here. :p

I don't know any japanese tranlating site.

anyway, till gokuman89 gives us more details of how that juicy situation occured, we all can only speculate :)

I know this girl from high school but she moved away to a new country when I got taken away from my parent. I came across her yesterday. She use to be able to speak and write English better than I could. But now her English grammer is... like a kindergarden student.lol. I couldn't realy understand her any more. She was trying to talk to me but I couldn't understand her babyish English so I asked her how did this happen to her. She told me that after I moved, she had to move to Japan with her reletives because her parents got sick;she forgot how to speak English and she can only speak bits of English. Then after a while I began to understand her better so we got in to a deep conversation because we were once lovers and she told me how much she misses me and that she has been single since I left her. She also stated that she wanted to come back to America to be with me again then she wrote that what I posted because she said she forgot how to put that into English. She wrote it because at that time she knew me, I could speak on a thrid grade level of Japanese and read some. I told her that I forgot how to speak and read Japanese.Then I had to go to class so that was the end of the conversation. Sorry for my poor English grammer. I am still working on it. Come and read my blogg some time.

maria89
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
go to google and search for japanesse translations and it should give u s aite

King_Shadow89
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM

LOL so she said that she wanted to have my child! LOL that is insaine. I hope she was kidding. Now I remember clearly. Before I left Waco, Texas, she said that she wanted to have sex with me and to have my baby so that she would have a part of me when I left. I promised her a child but I was young and didn't know what I was talking about though. How could she remember that promise after so long? Does she still have that same love we once shared?:banghead: lol

MistressPookyChan
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
ok! That でしょう makes sense now. XD She was pretty much saying "you're going to have my baby, right?" but she probably meant "you're going to get me pregnant, right?"

AzureDark
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
You need to tell her the the real meaning of "concieve" then...

It's pretty common that non-native English speakers mix-up or misapprehend the meaning of some English words. I myself misused (not abused, mind you) a lot of English words over the years.

King_Shadow89
02-06-2008, 08:17 AM
You need to tell her the the real meaning of "concieve" then...

It's pretty common that non-native English speakers mix-up or misapprehend the meaning of some English words. I myself misused (not abused, mind you) a lot of English words over the years.
Yea about that... I don't know the meaning of that word. I just know how to read the word.

Rizuchan
02-06-2008, 10:33 AM
con·ceive [kuhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn-seev] –verb (used with object)
to become pregnant.

Simple as that... by saying "I want you to conceive my child" would mean "I want you to become pregnant with my child" rather than what she probably intended "I want to become pregnant with your child"

King_Shadow89
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
con·ceive [kuhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn-seev] –verb (used with object)
to become pregnant.

Simple as that... by saying "I want you to conceive my child" would mean "I want you to become pregnant with my child" rather than what she probably intended "I want to become pregnant with your child"

LOL She wants me to get pregnant. I am a male though. LOL that was a good laugh but I know what she ment now. Thank you all for sparing some time to help me out.

maro
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
ネタだろか。

Datenshi
02-10-2008, 12:34 AM
いや、ここはどうこをどう考えてもネタでしょう(笑)。生物学的に無理がある気が…
それとも、これはあれか、最近流行りのメンヘラってやつですかね?nice boat エンドにならないように気をつけてくださいね~。

tetekmakhang
02-10-2008, 05:02 AM
メンヘラ?wそうかな......
俺にはその女の子がただふざけてただけなんじゃないかなぁと...

ところでniceboatエンドってなんですか?