PDA

View Full Version : Ljungblut

Gandizzl
02-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Ljungblut is the one-man project of Kim Ljung, also known as bassist and songwriter for the bands Zeromancer and, now inactive, Seigmen.
As Ljungblut, Kim has been able to publish his more acoustic and melancholic work.
Over the years of working with Zeromancer and Seigmen, he gathered up the stuff that he wrote but did not fit either of the bands.
In 2004 he released a double album The Other Side Of All Things/Influences For A New Album.

The Influences For A New Album part was limited to 1000 copies and is basically impossible to get a hold of, while the other part is more accesable and seem to be circling around Ebay

In 2007 he released a new album named Capitals where some of his current bandmembers from Zeromancer, like Alex Møklebust and Noralf Rothi has contributed a little as well.

As said, his style is very melancholic, depressive and acoustic with quite dark lyrics.

The latest album, Capitals, was my favorite album of 2007.
Everything about it appeals to me and it's so well done as a stunning, simple sound-painting with an icredible mighty production which makes me feel like I'm almost sitting in a big room together with the artist alone.

Discography:
Influences For A New Album (Limited edtion of 1000 copies) - 2004
The Other Side Of All things - 2004
Capitals - 2007

My favorite songs are:
Bipolar Kid
The Emblem
All Nails Bitten Down
Ride (It Out Again)
Song For Liz
Red Ribbons

The Myspace of Ljungblut (http://www.myspace.com/zsljungblut)

So... What do others think about Ljungblut?

Hamashimura
02-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Sadly I had no pleasure to hear all songs from him,for it seems to be rather hard for me to find them...
I've listened to those track you gave the link to (also you told me about him earlier,during band name game era ),and I can say that I like him...
Very neat voice,with calming and catchy rhytm...
Just beautiful to my ears...
My favorite song would be The Emblem...

Wonderwice
03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Should've replied to this earlier. Ah well.

I love Ljungblut (I've only heard 'Capitals' but I think it's enough for me to judge xP). The songs are cute and calm. Ljung has an awesome voice that really goes well with the songs. (Plus that he's a bassplayer makes him that little bit more awesome xD)

My favorite song is Facades, I was sold the first time I've heard it. I also love The Emblem and All Nails Bitten Down.