PDA

View Full Version : Which Company Do You Support

NovaStar
01-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Alright everyone, here's my Idea for my next topic that I wanted to throw out to everyone whom is a fan of English Dub's, as of right now? Which Company Do You Prefer?

Please Note: This isn't a "I don't like any I'm a sub fan" response thread :) If you don't like any of them, you needn't post. I'm just curious as to what's the most popular Dub company out there, and the reason for it.

Nova

niKopol
01-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Viz and Funimation are mostly anime for younger audiences. I am going to vote for Bandai, they have the middle ground between young and mature. If I could vote for A.D. Vision I would vote for them too.

Kawairashii hikari
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Bandai all the way. I've watched anime from that company since I was a kid. It has good shows overall.

小美ドクロchan
01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I support the company with the best voice actors and that is A.D. Vision, hands-down.:)

Saiyuko
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Hmm, Geneon should be on the list, but it's pretty much fallen apart already.Well, I supported them while they were still around...but now I'm supporting Viz and Funimation.

NovaStar
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Hmm, Geneon should be on the list, but it's pretty much fallen apart already.Well, I supported them while they were still around...but now I'm supporting Viz and Funimation.

Geneon was the reason this topic was made actually: Their last shipment was on September of 2007, as of then, they've closed their doors to Anime in America and are no longer a dubbing company, which is why they're not on the list: All titles by Geneon are now out of print and unavailable as of Late September 2007.

WHile some stores are lucky to still have some of their titles in stock, they've become increasinly hard to find, and all future releases schedualed for late last year, and early 2008, have been canceled.

That's why Geneon isn't on the list. I hope that cleared things up for you

NovaStar :)

小美ドクロchan
01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Geneon sucked. I'm glad they aren't around anymore. XD *shot*

Aizmov
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Bandai

~*Red*~
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
It's Bandai for me.

Kyuubi Naruto
01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
ADV kicks pretty much all other companies asses. They work on mos tof the bes tanime, and they give exactly what'd you want from dubs, in my opinion.

StabWound
01-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Funimation. Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho and Full Metal Alchemist are some of the best dubs around.

Gaarademon
01-29-2008, 08:51 AM
I like TokyoPop....most anime or mangas I have are by TokyoPop
then again I like mostly all of them

Doom85
01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Funimation (heck, they deserve praise alone for taking One Piece from the most evil of dubbers: 4Kids! Now lollipops and missing episodes will annoy us no more!) and Viz Media (probably the best dub VAs: Steven Jay Blum, Crispin Freeman, Wendee Lee, Liam O'Brien, Yuri Lowenthal, Dave Wittenberg, etc.) are my two favorites.

myahon
02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
No Geneon? Geneon makes the absolute BEST animes

NovaStar
02-01-2008, 10:42 PM
No Geneon? Geneon makes the absolute BEST animes

Geneon Died in 2007, therfore it's not on this poll

Nova

myahon
02-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Geneon Died in 2007, therfore it's not on this poll

Nova
*is sad*
I had no idea. How could this happen? They made some of the most successful animes in recent memory.

Airrazor
02-02-2008, 09:06 AM
I think I will choose Bandai and Bandai Visual too.I have seen some animes from this company and I liked them very much.They have good subs and dubs at Blood+ if I could remember were pretty good.Then I will choose A.D.Vision^^.

Tenchi Masaki
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I own a handful of animes from each company present on that poll. If I wanted to pick a more mainstream company I'd definitely choose ADV. They did a great job with Evangelion (I had a bitter distaste with Shinji's voice it was too whiny but then again he IS whiny haha).

I thought Mediablasters did a fantastic job with Genshiken and Midori Days (there are times where I really enjoy watching the dubbed than the subbed...Midori's voice is perfect and so is Madarame's).

So yeah, underdog wise I support MediaBlasters but if I were to side with one of the big wigs than ADV it is.

ADV always seems to have the most massive booth at AnimeExpo...maybe because they combine their booth with Best Buy's...but still it's gigantic compared to most.

小美ドクロchan
02-02-2008, 02:25 PM
*is sad*
I had no idea. How could this happen? They made some of the most successful animes in recent memory.

o_o Geneon doesn't MAKE any anime-all they did was translate and dub the anime. Crappily, I might add.:rolleyes:

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Since Bandai and Funimation is what I started out with, then I'll stick with them I guess.

NovaStar
02-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey now, Not All of Geneon's titles were bad, A Majority were, But I liked the Tsukihime anime as well as the Earlier Stuff from Pioneer(Hand Maid May/Tenchi Muyo)

but a Majority of their stuff was terrible.

My breakdown goes as Follows

My Favorite company is ADV: Because of thipacks( Bless you Thinpacks for you save me money) Which is tied with Bandai Visual/Bandai Entertainment (Again, Thinpacks :p)

As far as the best Job on Dubbings? Bandai no doubt. But I voted ADV because ADV has a Tendancy to bring over shows that I want to see dubbed.

My least Favorite company is Manga Entertainment: They're very bad, they have a few titles (The Ghost In the Shell Original Movie) mostly, which made them famous, but really? what have they done to contribute lately?

Central Park Media also has done a fine job on Dubbing, though they lost a lot of money when one of their largest buyers went belly up: And a few notable titles were lost to the winds(Legend Of Himiko and Slayers( Which was Dubbed by Central Park Media)

Thankfully though: Slayers was Reissued by Funimation Recently, and the original Dub was kept in tact.

karenhana
02-03-2008, 12:06 AM
A.D Vision
Bandai Entertainment
Funimation Entertainment
Viz Video

Those are my top 4 companies I like. To me they bring out the best anime. And their dubs are pretty good. :3 I also liked Tokyo Pop, Central Park Media, and Geneon.

But for this poll I picked Funimation. Because for the years I watched the anime they brought here...the dubs has been excellent. Their dubs are great. Well the same thing with Viz, but that is another story.

mythroch
02-03-2008, 03:46 AM
i voted ADV, probably cause i still think they do the best work, plus they contract the best voice actors, though I am picking up the same actors under different names in the other companies productions. but if could i would have also voted for Bandai and Funimation.
a quick survey of my shelves show those three companies making up 90% of my owned titles. (y'know thanks to them i don't think i've watched an anime on TV, Pay or otherwise, for about four years now.)

Drunk_Squid
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Bandai all the way but ADV is good also.