PDA

View Full Version : What is the dumbest scary movie you have ever seen?

*Lumiere*
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
What is the dumbest scary movie you have ever seen?

I would have to say more recently the dumbest scary movie I have seen was the movie Drive Thru..(Horror gets Super Sized when Horny The Clown, the demonic mascot of "Hella-Burger," starts slashing Orange County teenagers with his meat cleaver from Hell) Scary no?

But if you would like a good laugh...I encourage you to see it.

meevz
01-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh Gawd. The Ring and Maybe The Grudge. They were so HORRID. -______-

Lune Cy
01-26-2008, 08:24 PM
You...just joking xD

The Scary Movie series...and Land of the Dead..Ginger Snaps..and some others..i dont watch horror movies that much..

Sanosuke23
01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Killer Klowns from Outer Space or something to that effect.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Scary Movie.

oscar_encinas_pattzy
01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Silent Hill movie sucked hard compared to the game I'm huge fan since 1999, it's a damn tear.

gunslingergirl_
01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
the grugde 2 made me laugh cause it was so bad, the ring 2, white noise2 , the fog ( the newer verison that came out about three years ago).

*Lumiere*
01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Silent Hill movie sucked hard compared to the game I'm huge fan since 1999, it's a damn tear.

I JUST saw that movie for the first time like a week ago. Late. But still. It was lame. But, the ending with all the barbed wire was okay...kinda.

sa5m
01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Scary Movie.

Konata Izumi
01-26-2008, 08:59 PM
The Grudge 2.

International 4-8818
01-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Megalodon

MysticEntity
01-26-2008, 09:05 PM
It was Final Destination III for me.
The first one was a thriller, then they decided to make a second one, which was kinda cliche but still okay to watch. However, they HAD to squeeze in a third one...=__=

Golden State Warrior
01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I forgot the name, but I think it was House of Wax. Geez, that movie was so bad, I couldn't even finish the movie.

Stenchgirl
01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Evil Dead. I was like 9 when I saw that and I nearly peed my pants laughing at various points throughout it! That is if that's the movie I think it is... The one with the disembodied hand and stuff, it as so comical! I couldn't help but be amused! I may be thinking of another movie but I was pretty sure it was that one, someone can correct me if I'm wrong though! =D

heather0689
01-26-2008, 09:50 PM
White Noise

More amusing than anything

Future_Defense
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Hmm, I enjoy "scary" movies as much as the next person, but Silent Hill was not very good in a "scary" way. It had a lot of gore, creapy creatures etc, but the movie itself was very, umm, disappointing (I have not played the game, since I avoid those kinds of games. I played F.E.A.R once, and that was enough of that genre).

.Lovebeat
01-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Silent Hill. It wasn't scary, I didn't enjoy it and I had much better things to do while watching ~

Meyrin
01-27-2008, 07:54 AM
scream,scream 2 and scream 3. It made me laugh more then anything.

K.F
01-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I think he means the least scary, poorly acted movie. :p

Innovative
01-27-2008, 08:42 AM

Ditto. That movie is just too ridiculous.

Fabala
01-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh Gawd. The Ring and Maybe The Grudge. They were so HORRID. -______-
Watch the originals, "Ringu" and "Ju On: The Grudge."

MUCH better. Like night and day.

"Dead Alive" was horrible, but it was supposed to be. One of those so-bad-it's-good-again movies. Oh Peter Jackson, what were you smoking?

As for movie that was supposed to, I think, be scary? "Rose Red" and "The Haunting" (remake) win in my book. I found myself laughing hysterically during the "spooky" scenes. Actually, I find that true of most remakes. What makes a lot of the older ones so scary is that you aren't shown the things going bump in the night. The imagined horror is usually far scarier than anything Hollywood cooks up.

JD_Himself
01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Evil Dead 2, but I think it's suppose to be that way, I laughed so hard....

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Megalodon
Do you mean Shark Attack 3: Megalodon? If so, then I sort of agree with you. It's got the worst actors!

DOOM!
01-27-2008, 11:07 AM
The list of larest epic fails of the movie industry(in alphabetical order):

Black Sheep
Dead Silence
Deep Blue
Evil Dead 1,2,3,4
Ghostship
Return to Horror High
Room 6
Scay Movie 2,3,4
Shaun of the Dead
Silent Hill
The Gravekeeper
They
ANY japanese or korean movie (The Ring 1/2, The Grudge 1/2, The Eye 1/2/3, The Tesseract, The Phone, The toothpick, The toiletseat, The... need i go on?)
Wrestlemaniac

Sheitan was lame too, but i like it because i starred in that movie.

poison.ivy
01-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Urban Legends 1 and 2. I actually watched most of the 1st one, but I just couldn't stand the 2nd. It was the funniest horror I've ever seen! So stupid that it was funny! ^.^

NinnaMoon
01-27-2008, 11:37 AM
The dummest scary movies I've seen was the classic M.Night Shyamalan's "The Village" and "Lady In The Water"

"The Village" was a waist of my money. I literally stood up in the theatre and shooted "This is the worst movie ever!!" and the crowded agreed with me, so we all stormed out of the theatre and ended up getting our money back, no lie! That twist was pathetic! I love it when Robot Chicken made fun of M. Night for his terrible movies!

"Lady In The Water" was a joke! Literally a joke! It was supposed to be a thriller but it ended up being a "comedy!"

~Ninna-san

Acnologia
01-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I know what you did last summer. -_-

onigiri princess
01-27-2008, 02:02 PM
oh gosh.. the worst? i tell ya the worst of the worst, '28 days later' was pathetic, wasn't even scary, just plain disgusting... and they even took the idea and theme from resident evil, talk about lame -_-''

Musaki
01-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Boegy man and the ring really sucks

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
House of 1,000 corpses. A wasted 1hr and 30mins of my life.

DarkMoonPrince
01-27-2008, 02:45 PM
scary movie, silent hill, dead alive and the ring...

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
dead alive

I've never heard of that movie.

MissChelly
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd say it'd definitely have to be for me, 13 Seconds. What made it so terrible was the fact they actually TRIED to make it scary. It wasn't like Scary Movie where it was just a pure parody on horror movies. This movie actually tried and failed miserably. It was THAT dumb... 91 minutes of my life that I'll never see again. Sigh.

Memento Mori
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Killer Clowns For Outerspace

One Missed Call

Scary Movie 2 3 4

Silent Hill

niKopol
01-27-2008, 03:23 PM
The videos that I find at the rental store that aren't produced by major companies. Lions Gate, has plenty of bad ones. And the stuff they show on the Sci-Fi channel. I'm not really into scary movies much as they are all the same, they have that classic campy feel I immediately turn it off or change the channel. My aunt gets a lot of those types, so I have quite a profound knowledge on this. Almost every one of them has a nudity shot, or another where someone gets killed while doing it... lol. abstinence, it'll save your life.

The ditsy blonde in the high heels who always trips and breaks her ankle.

I like stuff that has a different feel from the old jason movies.
The Ring, Hostel, Silent Hill(most of you are just mad cause it was based on the video game.). Anything that hasn't been done to death. 28 days later is better than 28 weeks later.

Resident Evil sucks in my book... they went way too far from the original story in the games.

Its a nice change for me. The last 18 years of my life most scary movies have had that campy feel. But I see that the change is not good enough for you noobs.

----------------
I'm in a bad mood, someone ate MY only slice of pizza and he won't admit to it. Just like when he drank my entire bottle of Dr.K.

Hungry man
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
I would have to say Scary Movie was the dumbest of them all.

Yuuichi-sempai
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
There is this really, really old movie called "Frogs" and its about a bunch of reptiles that over populate and kill people, it was sooo bad it was actually rated "The best, worst movie ever made" it was the biggest peice of trash i've ever seen and i will never get those two hours of my life back, lol

Fabala
01-27-2008, 04:38 PM
The dummest scary movies I've seen was the classic M.Night Shyamalan's "The Village" and "Lady In The Water"

"The Village" was a waist of my money. I literally stood up in the theatre and shooted "This is the worst movie ever!!" and the crowded agreed with me, so we all stormed out of the theatre and ended up getting our money back, no lie! That twist was pathetic! I love it when Robot Chicken made fun of M. Night for his terrible movies!

"Lady In The Water" was a joke! Literally a joke! It was supposed to be a thriller but it ended up being a "comedy!"

~Ninna-san

I think those two are very misunderstood. Both were excellent in my book, because they didn't rely on the usual blood and gore or even good-but-overused jump gimmicks.

After "Sixth Sense" I think people expected precisely the same from M. Night in every movie. So while people came away from "The Village" talking about how poor the twist was, I can only think they missed the point of the movie. Unlike "Sixth Sense" the twist did not and was not intended to make the movie. It was not setting up an "Oh my God!" moment.

Heck, I don't consider "Lady in the Water" to be horror at all. It's a fantasy, if anything. And that was part of the trouble, I think. Again, people went in expecting horror. Maybe not a "Sixth Sense" twist, but they expected to be scared. And that is the last thing the movie set out to do. It put the characters in danger, and scared them, but knew the audience would not be scared themselves. Again, that wasn't the point.

Sorry for the tangent ^^; I just can't see why those two are ragged on so much harder than "Signs" which had the WORST ENDING EVER.

TheAsterisk!
01-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Aside from crap aired only on the Sci-Fi channel (all of which is the toxic refuse of every respectable outlet- the film about gigantic mosquitoes comes to mind), I would nominate The Blair Witch Project as the most pathetic attempt at making a scary movie that I have ever watched. If I'd added a particular laugh, it could be somehting my eccentric uncle might film by himself in his back yard over the course of four hours. I was scared not once during that mess, and on more than one occaision I, along with several others in the theater, laughed aloud at the ill-constructed film.

By the way, I thought the Scary Movie series was spoofing horror films; was this not the case?

Eternal_Love
01-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I would have to say Saw 1,2,3 & 4.They weren't scarry just discusting.

Zenx
01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
By the way, I thought the Scary Movie series was spoofing horror films; was this not the case?

Exactly what I thought...

The worst I've seen was Final Destination 3. I watched it with my friend on TV and we couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire movie. Every death that happened was the least likely thing to happen in the situation (and even physically impossible) and it was so bloody that we couldn't help but crack up at every single death sequence. If that movie was intended to be an actual horror film than I have lost all faith in humanity.

MissChelly
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Aside from crap aired only on the Sci-Fi channel (all of which is the toxic refuse of every respectable outlet- the film about gigantic mosquitoes comes to mind), I would nominate The Blair Witch Project as the most pathetic attempt at making a scary movie that I have ever watched. If I'd added a particular laugh, it could be somehting my eccentric uncle might film by himself in his back yard over the course of four hours. I was scared not once during that mess, and on more than one occaision I, along with several others in the theater, laughed aloud at the ill-constructed film.

I completely forgot about The Blair Witch Project... I guess my mind was trying to block it out. lol That movie was also terrible. After hearing so much of, "this movie was so scary, people had to walk out of the theater in the middle of it due to panic" I thought, "Oh wow, sounds like it'll actually be pretty good" and WHAM. It was pure crap. None of it was scary- at all. After seeing that, it makes me wonder if someone got that comment wrong and really, people left in the middle due to pure boredom. Pluh.

Believe me, I love horror flicks. The cheesy, the controversial, the outright strange... but BWP and 13 Seconds- blegh. Actually makes movies like Killer Clowns from Outspace seem pretttty decent. (I actually did like KCFO though... for the cheesy factor, I guess.)

Ball Tripper
01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Critters.

OH NO! It's a hedgehog!

Gizoku
01-27-2008, 07:52 PM
I swear this has been made before. O_o
The remake of "The Fog"
Much more worse than the original.

MissChelly
01-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Critters.

OH NO! It's a hedgehog!

Teehee, I liked that movie! I agree, it certainly wasn't scary though... I always thought it was more cheesy than anything... not quite sure why they kept going after the first movie. O_O

Ryth
01-27-2008, 07:56 PM
oh gosh.. the worst? i tell ya the worst of the worst, '28 days later' was pathetic, wasn't even scary, just plain disgusting... and they even took the idea and theme from resident evil, talk about lame -_-''

28 Days Later wasn't all that horrible, and I have to say, sorry but the zombie premise predates Resident Evil. I can commend 28 Days Later for giving a nice twist on the traditional zombie flick by making the zombies insanely fast and powerful and even the smallest injury can get you infected. This twist and the likable, believable characters made the plotholes somewhat forgivable (the third act of the film is a joke, I mean, "the cure" for the infection is wait for them to starve? Since they don't eat, but I mean even a kid would ask why didn't they die of thirst. It was just dumb).

Not a great film, but it at least had a cast you could root for and feel for. It can be forgiven.

28 Weeks Later though, is something entirely different and something much worse. Top ten worst movies of 2007 bad.

Anyway, the worst horror film ever (also leaving out Sci-Fi movies) is The Grudge. Never seen the Japanese version, but I don't really want to after the American film.

MegaRobotNinjaPirate
01-27-2008, 08:07 PM

Ehm... fourth'd? Fifth'd?

I thought the first movies in all the "classic" horror series (Friday the 13th, Child's Play etc.) were horrible. Nightmare on Elm Street was OK. The worst by far was Halloween, which was pretty much plotless.

The Wing Man
01-28-2008, 02:44 AM
It's a tie between Vacancy and Boogeyman.

Ollie
01-28-2008, 06:24 AM
I know that in the eyes of gamers, much like in the eyes of novel fans when a movie is based off a book, a movie based off a game can only be comparable to that game as to whether or not it's good... I have no idea what the original game is like, as I never played it, but on its own the Silent Hill movie was good and throughly creepy to me.

And yeah, "Scary Movie" and its sequels, though they are meant as parodies and not actual scary movies.

I recall going to a friend's party and seeing them watching an old scary black-and-white movie that had... a moving skeleton, or something. Wires visible. I didn't watch, but their laughter was hard to miss.

[snip for length]

~Ninna-san
Um... they were never intended to be thrillers or scary movies. They had scary and thrilling parts to them, but that was not what they were written as. It's the marketing people you should blame, not Shyamalan.

Lady_Yui
01-28-2008, 06:33 AM
I would have to go with The Glass House and The Nightmare on Elm Street. Those are the only two I can think of right now.

Gaarademon
01-28-2008, 08:22 AM
The House Of Wax
crappiest scary movie ever

onigiri princess
01-28-2008, 11:54 AM
28 Days Later wasn't all that horrible, and I have to say, sorry but the zombie premise predates Resident Evil. I can commend 28 Days Later for giving a nice twist on the traditional zombie flick by making the zombies insanely fast and powerful and even the smallest injury can get you infected. This twist and the likable, believable characters made the plotholes somewhat forgivable (the third act of the film is a joke, I mean, "the cure" for the infection is wait for them to starve? Since they don't eat, but I mean even a kid would ask why didn't they die of thirst. It was just dumb).

Not a great film, but it at least had a cast you could root for and feel for. It can be forgiven.

28 Weeks Later though, is something entirely different and something much worse. Top ten worst movies of 2007 bad.

Anyway, the worst horror film ever (also leaving out Sci-Fi movies) is The Grudge. Never seen the Japanese version, but I don't really want to after the American film.

ahh you got a point there, it's not that i blame the cast, the whole story and theme was a little silly for me ^=^' '28 weeks later' was as rubbish too in my opinion, wayy badder than that film, just gooley blood spilling and "scary" looking zombies doesn't scare me, i think a little depth into the story would've been better then it would intrigue me but moreover still not as high in my expectations should be when i watched the film, films like 'the others' was great and 'the exorcist' was classic.

(yeah the grudge was pathetic too V-V ,that 'eehhhhh' sound was like she was burping o.0' talk about lolness XD)

onigiri princess
01-28-2008, 11:55 AM
The House Of Wax
crappiest scary movie ever

yeah! Paris Hilton can't act AT all XD

Ryth
01-28-2008, 12:57 PM
ahh you got a point there, it's not that i blame the cast, the whole story and theme was a little silly for me ^=^' '28 weeks later' was as rubbish too in my opinion, wayy badder than that film, just gooley blood spilling and "scary" looking zombies doesn't scare me, i think a little depth into the story would've been better then it would intrigue me but moreover still not as high in my expectations should be when i watched the film, films like 'the others' was great and 'the exorcist' was classic.

(yeah the grudge was pathetic too V-V ,that 'eehhhhh' sound was like she was burping o.0' talk about lolness XD)

28 Weeks Later completely destroys anything that made it's predecessor worthwhile. The entire thing is insanely and terribly stupid, the movie completely misjudges our loyalties; like the man who is forced to abandon his wife and child to a mob of the infected or suffer a similar fate. Now, if the movie went and dealt with this man's guilt, we might have had something special, but this shovelware pushes the audience to believe this poor guy is some scumbag who must be punished. That doesn't make sense at all, he could either run or try to fist-fight 20 superhuman zombies. No one would of stayed. There are tons more examples but I'm sure I'll get yelled at for spoilers, even if I want to make sure none of you ever see this movie.

Really, the movie's set up required a lot of stupid things to happen before the infection could devastate England again and by the time all of it finished I was so disgusted by humanity's incompetence I was rooting for the zombies to kill them all and wipe them off the face of the Earth. That just doesn't make for an effective horror movie.

I agree with you as well, 28WL became a splatter flick, much more interested in getting a bloody shot than giving a satisfying plot. It just becomes a giant pot of shaking cameras, special effects, and loud noises. Since this catastrophe failed to make us care about any of the stupid characters it just ratchets up the body count. The worst offender being the scene when that one guy (like I can try and remember the name) chops up a field of zombies with the rotor blades of his helicopter.

I guess the only thing this movie had going for it was that it wasn't as bad as other 2007 movies Delta Farce, Hitman, and Epic Movie.

Redgrave
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Wait... Paris Hilton was in House of Wax? SINCE WHEN? I never saw her... o.o

~*Red*~
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I've seen "House of Wax" and it's pretty bad in my opinion. I watched it with a couple of mates, and they were scared as hell.

StabWound
01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Uwe Boll's House of the Dead...

Redgrave
01-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh, I also forgot to mention, Saw. That clown-puppet guy is DAMNFREAKY, especially when I saw him in that screamer one time... Saw kinda reminds me of Chucky in a way. o_o Probably because they're both... puppet... things.

Sanosuke23
01-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Uwe Boll's House of the Dead...

Uwe Boll's in a class of mediocrity all by himself and should not be compared to other, lesser failures.

That'd be like Rodney Mullen entering a street skateboarding contest, there is simply nobody able to compete with him.

IceBubleFlava
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Grudge 1 and 2 and shawn of the dead. Oh yeah 28 weeks later.

Sanosuke23
01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Grudge 1 and 2 and shawn of the dead. Oh yeah 28 weeks later.

Shawn of the Dead was a parody.

Of course, it WAS British humour, though. Common mistake.

onigiri princess
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Wait... Paris Hilton was in House of Wax? SINCE WHEN? I never saw her... o.o

yeah she was XD look in this link it shows you the cast and she was in it---> link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397065/)

she played as Paige Edwards XD (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397065/)

Gaarademon
01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Wait... Paris Hilton was in House of Wax? SINCE WHEN? I never saw her... o.o yeah she was the one that couldnt act and nobody really notices her in the movie that how bad House of Wax was

MissAstaire
01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
There are some pretty stupid "scary" movies in the world. Last night i watched '1408' and the ending.... stunk. (was gonna say something else..) But while watching the previews for it? OH. MY. FREAKING. GOSH. The Grindhouse movies look ridiculous (doubt they're classified as 'horror' though) and while my brother and I were watching the preview for Black Sheep? We saw maybe a minute of it before we were wiping away the tears of hysterics from our eyes. I told my friend about it and he looked it up on the internet for the trailer and was like "O.O wow." I can't wait to see it. It looks great! In a "it's so stupid i wanna laugh my butt off whilst watching it" kinda way though... lol

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
01-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Dumbest scary movie I've ever seen, The Return with Sarah Michelle Gellar ... I spent the whole movie trying my best not to laugh and failing miserably it was that bad. The plot and story I guess were okay, but it was just her acting skills.

MissAstaire
01-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I think she does better in non suspense/thriller/horror movies like in Simply Irresistable. (sp?) That was a cute movie. a little corny, but still cute. ^_^

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Watch Sci-fi and find out the horrible truth!

Ramona Flowers
02-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Cabin Fever. Pancakes.. wth?

LittleMomo
02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Black Christmas was lame -_-;

xplay221
02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
28 weeks later it NEVER gonna be better than the first one

Maledictis Voca
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Putting it simply.. Blair Witch 2.

Beast
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Urban legends 1/2
All of the current Saw movies. They sucked, bad.
Parasite. Horrible acting and crappy visual effects.
Lake Placid. I expected ALOT more.
primeval. Meh, could have been better.

MissAstaire
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Well I finally watched Black Sheep a couple weeks ago. It was funny the first time around but definately not worth watching a second time. It was really stupid and it kind of gave me headache...

Inactive Account 0061
02-29-2008, 07:37 PM
the japanese The Ring. god damn it was lame xD fell asleep xD.. the only scary thing was after the movie my mobile phone started to ring. with hidden number. xD (it was my sister)

Kincaid
02-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Ugh.

The scream films are supposed to be a spoof, as is evil dead. How can you not see that?

Ginger Snaps is more about being a drama.

Datenshi
03-01-2008, 03:41 AM
Resident Evil 2 comes first to mind. But then, it never really tried that hard to be a horror movie so that may be a little unfair.

The worst horror movie I'll never see is the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni movie. That or The Killer Condom.