PDA

View Full Version : Manga VS The Animation

psylitar
01-26-2008, 07:45 PM
The quintessential Anime argument!!!

I find the Manga often offers superior story and character development.

But man does watching it on the Plasma TV look good and cater to my Laziness!

Everyone else?

Raidou Kuzunoha
01-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Usually, the manga is better. Sometimes animes cut short a manga's story and the characters/plot aren't fully developed.

But there are some animes that I like more than their manga counterpart.

Sometimes the fight scenes are better (but hopefully not too drawn out) or the comedy scenes are funnier.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Wasn't there already a thread like this? I'm pretty sure it's this one: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=67142

Anyways, I like anime a little bit more.

meevz
01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Hmm I like the anime better then manga =| I like to watch it more then read it. but they should have the same thing in the episodes. They really should make more fruits basket episodes :]

Gjallarhorn
01-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I find the manga has a higher artistic value than the animation. Not to mention anime often seem slower paced than manga, because you can imagine it at whatever paceyou think it's moving it. Not to mention the lack of fillers and so forth.

psylitar
01-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I do agree that Anime does tend to drag on sometimes.

Recently I was watching Season 1 Naruto, and a fight started on Episode 13, and they were still dragging it out in Episode 16. WTF. I'm all about long dramatic fights, but recapping and re-hashing, and making it 4 episodes? Arg!

NinnaMoon
01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
I totally agree. The manga has a better story and it sticks to the facts more but the anime is a real eye candy if you're a fan of a particular manga!

~Ninna-san

小美ドクロchan
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I have discovered that manga written before the anime is usually better but when the anime is created and THEN someone draws a manga of it, it's almost always terrible. o_o And the only reason I said "almost" was because of the Pretear manga. It was drawn after the anime but it's still very lovely.^_^ Actuall the Full Metal Panic manga (by Tateo) wasn't bad either. The terrible ones are Escaflowne, Saber Marionette J, Princess Tutu, and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. All right, I don't know if the Haruhi manga is really that terrible, but I looked at it and comparing it to the anime, I really wasn't impressed. The Air manga is pretty bad too and I'm only saying that because the art style is REALLY FUGLY! >_< It's that pudgy style I hate so much.

There are a few titles that both have an outstanding anime and manga series that I can't choose between them though.

psylitar
01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I plan on getting the entire "Death Note" Manga (already ordered it in fact) and then probably get the series once its released on DVD in the US (I think 1 DVD is out so far).

I guess i'll compare those and see.

Baka Tenshi
01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
I usually like both the anime and the manga.

Faceless111
01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I've recently been reading Naruto manga and wow... I like the anime much more. Why? Soundtrack and there are some scenes which the manga fails to capture the action that must be depicted.

Souhi
01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
In some situations, the manga just can't capture a scene correctly, often action scenes (not always the case, as some sequences are beautifully drawn). Other times, the anime is just plain better in terms of choreography or how it's laid out.

Lately though, I find it hard to find anime that can really blow it's manga counterpart out of the water. The manga usually has that high quality art style you really appreciate, and the story represented is often better as well. Pacing, as was said, is also done much better. drawn).

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
I find that most animes never stay completely loyal to the manga. And yes, I agree that the anime drags on, with some unnecessary fillers. And one prime example of this, is Dragonball Z.

Golden State Warrior
01-29-2008, 11:05 PM
I prefer watching the Animation. I have too many other books I need to read.

Souji Seta
01-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Hmm, when it comes to storyline, manga is really the one to be praised but when it comes to just sit back and relax thing, the anime is the one to be praised.
Anime they have the OP and ending sequence but in manga you just get, chapter one or thanks for reading. There's no music or something.

So if you ask me, anime all the way but I still do like the manga since it has good story.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/12825447946962c1ba3.bmp (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=24677)

"The life of a stray, is it something so wrong?!"