PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of The Killers?

~*Red*~
01-24-2008, 03:17 PM
The Killers are an American band and they formed in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2002, with Brandon Flowers, Dave Keuning, Mark Stoermer and Ronnie Vannucci Jr. coming together, and releasing such songs as "Somebody Told Me", "Mr. Brightside", "When We Were Young" and "Read My Mind". Their albums are "Hot Fuss" (2004 - debut), "Sam's Town" (2006) and the recent compilation album, "Sawdust", was released in October of last year. Just want to see what you like, or even dislike, about The Killers.

Gandizzl
01-24-2008, 04:28 PM
First of all, you should follow the rules for making a band thread (meaning adding a lot more info on the band like history, members, releases etc...)

Anyway... I find The Killers alrite. They're nothing special, but they're not bad.
Hot Fuss is quite good, Sam's Town is not so much.
I'm not so into the whole style changing, they went a bit... bigger than they could handle on Sam's Town.
I have Sawdust too, but I haven't listenend to it yet.

And Brandon used to dress so much cooler.
Even though I'm not so fan of his "we're better than everyone" attitude, I love how he bashes out at bands like Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy xD

I guess my favorite songs are Somebody Told Me, Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine, When You Were Young and Where The White Boys Dance.

shikamaruluv13
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
the killers are good but not the best band
i only like two songs from them and those are the only that have caught my ear

Ryth
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Hot Fuss was a passable pop-rock/post-punk revival album, but really didn't do much to excite.

Sam's Town is an abyssmal mess and the fact they RUINED Joy Division's Shadowplay just makes me dislike them more. :(

flickfan82x
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
the killers are cool.

Wilson
02-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not so into the whole style changing, they went a bit... bigger than they could handle on Sam's Town.

That's one of the things I love best about them! Sam's Town weeded out the top-40 fans from the real fans. And they could "handle" Sam's Town just fine. It was the teeny boppers that couldn't handle it. Anyway, The Killers rate in my top ten.

Tempest Valkura
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
"When You Were Young" is awesome!