PDA

View Full Version : The upsides and downsides...?

nekogrl
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Do you see the upsides or downsides when you keep up with manga series?

I see both of them. I like to keep up with them because I like the excitement of waiting for the volumes to come out in the bookstores. I also dislike it because of that same reason. I have to wait to continue the series and be kept in suspense for a couple months.

Your turn now.

小美ドクロchan
01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
The waiting and the spending of money are the downsides. XD Oh and the space. I'm running out of room for volumes. D:

.Lovebeat
01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't know where to put my manga volumes and it costs so much... also I hate it when you end up reading 135878375 pages in a row and then the manga volume ENDS at the VERY VERY MOMENT WHERE EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN ... and all that's left to read is bonus content which you aren't interested in at all. Then all you gotta do is wait until you can get your hands on the next volume. Siiiiigh. ;_;

The upside is... that manga rocks my socks. <3

Raidou Kuzunoha
01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Back when I still bought manga, the upside was being able to just pick up a volume and read it anywhere.

Downside? It cost too much money for someone who has no job, like me.

小美ドクロchan
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Downside? It cost too much money for someone who has no job, like me.

Sell your things on eBay!:laugh:

....until I go back to work (which is in spring) I may have to resort to this.:wacko:

NovaStar
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
If I can make a comparison here, Buying Manga is alot like buying Box sets, so I'll use that comparison to fit into the conversation.
Buying anime series, be it Manga or Anime, has many upsides and many many downsides. For me I guess the biggest downside is that I don't have a Job and it's extremely hard for me to keep up with series I involve myself with. Which is why I usually buy Box sets.

UNFORTUNATLY, you can't do that with manga, So I fear the biggest downsde with both of them, but especially Manga is the fact that you may become addicted to something and then force yourself to get it all even though your funding may not allow you to do it ( I think we're all guilty of this) But I also think the upside is that even though you spend that money. you look at yourslf and think the following

"This is something I love, it makes me happy when I do it and you can't really put a price on being happy" - I think as an Anime or Manga fan we all do that, and I think honestly, that's why we love what we love. and put ourselves through to the upsides more than looking at the downsides: Though there are Downsides.

I know in the past two years I've spent close to 3000.00 on my Anime collection, That's a HUGE Downside, I could have done alot with that money, But y'know? It's something I'll never regret, because I'm a fan of Anime/Manga so I look at it as more of an Upside and when I look back on it. I wouldn't have done anything differnetley because it made me happy.

shirogane_hitsugaya
01-26-2008, 12:34 AM
the only downside for me is to have my friends getting really irritated when i talk, act and thinks like animes since 4 years ago.......

since then they calls me annoying......:p

nekogrl
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
the only downside for me is to have my friends getting really irritated when i talk, act and thinks like animes since 4 years ago.......

since then they calls me annoying......:p

XD! Same here. My friends think I'm annoying because I'm constantly acting like my life is an anime! How silleh is me?? XD

meevz
01-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't really read manda...Only the fruits basket manga, But I guess I see the Ups and downs of the stories. =]