PDA

View Full Version : O Geez I'm Nervous

CrystalSaturn
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Im gonna get my belly button pierced today and they don't have any numbing agents. Is there something I can reduce the pain of the needle with and to calm me down?:(

Hell patrol
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Try to think of other things i guss?

Eris
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Im gonna get my belly button pierced today and they don't have any numbing agents. Is there something I can reduce the pain of the needle with and to calm me down?:(

Be a man and take the pain. See it from the bright side, other stuff will feel less painful afterwards.

CrystalSaturn
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Be a man and take the pain. See it from the bright side, other stuff will feel less painful afterwards.

it's my first time having my body pierced, and im rly nervous and they have no numbing agents

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Way to be a novice in life.

Of course they have no numbing agents.

This is not your dentist or hospital.

Just deal with the pain, I have my lips pierced and it hurt like hell when i first got it.

Piercings will hurt for like a couple of days.

If your so scared of pain don't get it or you can be hardcore and shut up and get it done.

Edit: Strike up a conversation with the person who's piercing you, that always helps take you mind of the pain.

I'm getting my checks pierced tomorrow, its going to hurt like hell, I know.

I'm not scared though, I'm excited :3

genericusername2
01-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Get some illegal drugs.

Baka
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I bet it won't even hurt that much. Just get drunk or something if you're that worried about it.

MissChelly
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
I've gotten my lip pierced and re-pierced (currently it's off), my nipples pierced (currently off as well) and my ears stretched a teeny bit (only up to a 10g)... believe me, it won't be crazy painful. It'll hurt for maybe a second and then it's over. It's that quick. Just don't watch the piercer do it, talk to someone and just take a deep breath before he/she pierces it. I promise, it is NOT even on the top ten list of worst pains ever. Just make sure to follow the aftercare directions for it so it doesn't get infected, or else it will hurt later on.

EDIT: And NEVER get drunk beforehand... if you're getting peirced by someone respectable in the business (which I should hope you are!) then he/she will not even touch you if you're drunk. Same goes for tattooing.

-Kitsune-
01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I suggest you just think about something else when it happens. Bring a book or an iPod (Or Zune, mp3 player, whatever, you get my point.) and you'll be pretty distracted from the pain. Or as Akira said, talk to the person who is doing the piercing, they'll keep your mind off of it, considering they have to do this stuff everyday. Im sure they'll have some interesting stories to keep you distracted

sa5m
01-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Ew. That's gross. Sorry, but I hate piercings in places besides the ears.

Maybe you could bring something else to do while it happens, or talk to somebody while it happens.

Bean Bandit
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
This is a journal post.