PDA

View Full Version : How secure are you in your home?

Beast
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Say you're home alone, do you take safety precautions "just in case" something happens? I do, that's just because I have several privacy issues and OCD's bothering me. I keep every door locked, all the windows/blinds closed and my spiked baseball bat leaning up against the wall beside my bed. I know the chances of something happening are slim but If something *did* happen I don't want to go down knowing I could have done more to the situation.</input>

Responses:

overwatch
01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
hmm Well living out in the countryside I have never really had the need to lock all the doors - or worry about things happening - even in the dead of night. Though I will often have the front door closed - incase anyone drops by and I don't hear them arrive - but with the husky keeping the door shut is now impossible (she can open it) and locking her in is not really a sensible option.
That said, I always lock the door and house when I leave - no sense being careless - and it only takes a moment to do.
However when I am in my uni room (halls) my door is usually shut - though only locked at night when I sleep - rest of the time I am in its unlocked and I feel no threat from people outside the room.

That said I can fully understand the feeling of danger in some areas of towns - and the need and desire to feel protected when in ones home. Its a sad fact of town life - but in some ares of towns I think this is the case for many. Even in the more respectable areas of towns people seem to prefer to keep locked up in safty

Eris
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't care much about security. I'd rather live in liberty than in security, any time.

Hell patrol
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I do lock all the doors stay quit and wene somebody at the door look out the window dont answer the phone unless you konw who it is and dont go outside keep all windows locked blinds down and at all times i have a kife near

also because i am geting ready for the end of the world wich is 12-21-2012 if anyone whants to know what i think might happen then ask me

King_Shadow89
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
My home is not secure thats why when I am alone I set up traps around my house top to bottom and I secure myself in a room armed with three pocket knives.

bug
01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
When we leave the house or go to sleep, we make sure that every door is locked. When everyone is home, well, we don't really care if the back door is locked or not, but when it's just me and my sister, my parents tell me to keep the back door locked too, just in case.

overwatch
01-22-2008, 12:02 PM
but how much liberty can you have in a city of strangers?
to get that liberty today would require a massive change in the attitude of the populus = and that won't come quick.

Though it could be done - I don't see it happening - schools are not promoting it and neither is the law and media industries --- just look at the lack of responcibility for ones own actions that is now starting to dominate society as a whole

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I live in the city.

Our crime rate is pretty high also.

I lock all the doors of course, who doesn't?

I only close the window shades because of privacy reasons.

There are so many windows its kinda like living in a glass house.

If someone really wants to break in your house though, it doesn't really mater what you do.

There's ways to break in anyones house.

Eris
01-22-2008, 12:12 PM
but how much liberty can you have in a city of strangers?
to get that liberty today would require a massive change in the attitude of the populus = and that won't come quick.

Though it could be done - I don't see it happening - schools are not promoting it and neither is the law and media industries --- just look at the lack of responcibility for ones own actions that is now starting to dominate society as a whole

It works pretty well for me. I lock the door, with one lock. And that's it, that's all the attention I pay to my security. I have no camera, no gun, no bat, no machete, no chainsaw, no taser, no kukri, no shuriken, no traps, no pits of fire, no pits of ice, no dungeon, no mote, no alligators, no bears, no dogs, no electric fences, no swinging saw blades, no lasers, no robots, no dinosaurs, no cyborgs, no force fields, no borg cubes, no Daleks, no snipers, no steamrollers, no mass drivers, no rail guns, (unfortunately) no death rays, no biological, nuclear or chemical agents, no wizards, no charms, no tunnel boring machines, no surrealistic mazes, no rolling boulders, no poison darts, no ancient curses, no lowering ceiling, no room slowly filling up with sand, no killer bees, no golems, no dragons, no catapults pummeling you with dead cattle, no nothing!

MissChelly
01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
It works pretty well for me. I lock the door, with one lock. And that's it, that's all the attention I pay to my security. I have no camera, no gun, no bat, no machete, no chainsaw, no taser, no kukri, no shuriken, no traps, no pits of fire, no pits of ice, no dungeon, no mote, no alligators, no bears, no dogs, no electric fences, no swinging saw blades, no lasers, no robots, no dinosaurs, no cyborgs, no force fields, no borg cubes, no Daleks, no snipers, no steamrollers, no mass drivers, no rail guns, (unfortunately) no death rays, no biological, nuclear or chemical agents, no wizards, no charms, no tunnel boring machines, no surrealistic mazes, no rolling boulders, no poison darts, no ancient curses, no lowering ceiling, no room slowly filling up with sand, no killer bees, no golems, no dragons, no catapults pummeling you with dead cattle, no nothing!

No Daleks? What kind of person are you?!

I just lock one lock...if someone wants to break in, I highly doubt my lock will stop them. lol. I also lock the balconey door, even though I doubt some burglar is going to climb up my balconey just to get in. lol
But geez... I at least have some Daleks ready to exterminate, sheesh...

-Kitsune-
01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Well at our house, we keep the door locked at night and whenever we leave. We usually keep the windows locked too, because when they're unlocked a cold winds gets in =/ My mom and I live in an apartment complex so theres a bit of security from being surrounded by other people.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one teensy thing. I also have a wall of swords, knives, and daggers that hang on the wall directly next to my bed. They make me feel pretty safe too =3

Buruku
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Back at the homestead I feel completely safe, we don't even lock our doors like, ever. But we live more out in the country kinda.

But my boyfriend is all sorts of paranoid about this stuff, and makes sure everything is locked. He also started getting me to watch "It takes a thief" and after seeing that it makes you want to take extra precautions.

In the dorm I felt very safe, because you need a card key to get in the building, and the individual doors are locked.

But its funny you made this thread because last night was the first time in a long while where I felt insecure about my safety. I just moved into an apartment, and I definitely feel more vulnerable about somewhere breaking in. And it's not like my roomates would be able to do anything either if something happened.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I live in a 4 story apartment, and with secuirty cameras and guards everywhere. So yeah, I'm pretty secure, plus I live on the top floor. Yeah, I keep the doors locked and my Nunchucks by my desk!

Masali
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Not very, but I don't really concern myself with it. When you live in a neighborhood of all old people you're pretty safe.

Mimi_Kuramas_Wife
01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
whoa, ok then xDD
well i live in the projects, and ppl pretty much know my step dad and mom, so its very unlikely someone will try anything in our place (especially at how big and intimidating my step dad is!!)

StabWound
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Meh I have tons of weapons in my room, 9mm, .45, 12 gauge, several carbon steel swords/knives/axes ect.

-Kitsune-
01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Meh I have tons of weapons in my room, 9mm, .45, 12 gauge, several carbon steel swords/knives/axes ect.
Ah, you live in Michigan too huh? Live in Detroit or Flint or something? Can't think of anywhere else in this boring little state where you'd need that many weapons for your own protection o.O;

StabWound
01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, Detroit. It's not a very friendly place and we have been robbed before.

-Kitsune-
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Detroit. It's not a very friendly place and we have been robbed before.
~A little off-topic~
Ah, I lived in Flint for 3 years (Now I live in the little city by it but it's still easier to say I live in Flint) and we got robbed by our next-door neighbors who were formerly our friends. That's about the time that we started stepping up our security around our house more =/

Perpetual Specter
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I just do the basics:lock the doors,keep the lights on,and have some sort of self-defense weapon within my reach at all times.In this part of the county I live in crime is relatively low to medium luckily.However else where in the county like near the military base crime is quite high.Perhaps some of you have heard of the reecent murder of the 8-9 months pregnant,20 year old marine,Maria Lauterbach (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/12/missing.marine/).Click the link to see the full story.That's the county I'm in.:/

StabWound
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
~A little off-topic~
Ah, I lived in Flint for 3 years (Now I live in the little city by it but it's still easier to say I live in Flint) and we got robbed by our next-door neighbors who were formerly our friends. That's about the time that we started stepping up our security around our house more =/
We used to have something stolen every other day, even if we where home they would break through the back door and manage to take something, but we now have a a good security system and a lot of weapons I won't be afriad to use, needless to say we haven't had any problems in the last 3 or so years.

Baka
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I sleep with an axe under my mattress.

PanzerJager
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I live in a dorm, so the most they let us have is a lock on the door.. but, at home I have:

semi-auto rifles:
-HK41
-FPK Dragunov
-PSG1

shotguns:
-Remington 1100

handguns:
-USP
-FNP 45

not to mention a variety of combat and hunting knives.. So I'm pretty safe unless they come when I'm completely wasted. In which case I'm more likely to shoot myself in the foot:.. that is.. if I even wake up.

Acnologia
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Unless someone wants to try and climb a brick building 3 stories, they aren't getting in.
We keep our doors locked just in case.

Coco Cake
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I am home alone everyday b/c my parents are at work until late-late most of the time. I lock the doors and close the windows. I keep most blinds shut, I have been home alone during the week for maybe 2 years now? But yeah. I am used to it. I have been a little more cautious lately b/c the area I live in/ and or around has been getting rather rough lately. But other then that, I have am pretty good.

silent_control
01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I can't say anywhere is secure;home,school,work e.g. for getting security I lock every window and door .is it secure or do I have to live in a luxurious prison?:) it's ironic.:rolleyes:

Ramona Flowers
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
It's really weird in my house. There has always been this feeling of tension between my mother and I that I feel more secure home alone.

I'm not paranoid about keeping my doors and windows locked, I just keep the front one locked cause the wind blows it open. I really should be more careful though, about a month ago my friends and I got jumped at the park just down the street from my house.

Ah well, I have plenty of objects in the house that are willing to protect me!

Count Cutflaik
02-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Very secure<

Gaarademon
02-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Eh not really I live in a crappy neighborhood and I live in a crappy looking apartment so I dont think anybody wants to break in my house
if someone did, I got a loisville slugger waitng for thier face to show up
.......and throwing knifes.

~*Red*~
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I lock all the doors and close all of the curtains when I'm home by myself.

NinnaMoon
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I always have all the windows and doors locked in my house. I was raised that way so it like second nature to me. When I leave the house sometimes I don't even think about locking the door behind me cause I've been doing it constantly that it automatically becomes apart of my motion in opening and closing the doors. It's kind of involuntary to say the least, so yeah I am really secure in my house!:D

poison.ivy
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor and my neighborhood is pretty friendly, so just locking up the doors is enough, I hope...

Khanxay
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Doors unlocked, windows wide open, and spare key under the usual random rock near the door. Secure?

.Lovebeat
02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I live in a student dorm, 3 stair's up an apartment building. Firs to get into the AREA where the building is you need a code if it's late evening/night time/early morning. Then to get into the building itself you need a key. Then to get into the hall to the student dorm you need another key. Then all the rooms are locked and the only one having those keys are the "students" themselves and the land lady. So I feel very secure. Although I wonder what would happen if there was a fire. o.o

I also live very close to the bus/train station (+ taxi stop) and the police-whatever-it-is-house, in case it's needed in danger. And my classmate is my neighbour in the building next to me so I suppose I could go visit that person too in emergencies.

Flah Blah
02-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Not all too cautious, I sometimes forget to even lock my door but it doesn't matter much since the crime rate here is low. Heck, I don't think I've even heard of any stories of break-ins in my neighborhood. Just in case though, I sleep with a pair of rattan batons that I keep on the edge of my bed since I live pretty far from any police stations and I'm pretty much living on the borderline of the country side and the suburbs.

DOOM!
02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
For the news, we have a crappy door that can be opened with any simple brass key, which is why we neer lock the entrance door.
But no one would want to beak in this place. Everyone around knows there are two body-building thugs, an irakian and an ex con living in this house. Me included.

Eris
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
No Daleks? What kind of person are you?!

I just lock one lock...if someone wants to break in, I highly doubt my lock will stop them. lol. I also lock the balconey door, even though I doubt some burglar is going to climb up my balconey just to get in. lol
But geez... I at least have some Daleks ready to exterminate, sheesh...

Daleks are crappy conversationalists. Tried playing chess with one?

It's like,
"Me: pawn to C3
Dalek: EX-TER-MI-NATE! *zaps pawn to ashes*
Me: rook to A5
Dalek: EX-TER-MI-NATE! *zaps rook to ashes*"

Meyrin
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
no not really.I'm not going to stop what I'm doing to lock the door if I'm alone.Nothing really happens where I live so were pretty safe.

Lune Cy
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
i pray...thats enough security for me ^_^

Eris
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
i pray...thats enough security for me ^_^

Because X-tians never die horribly...

Chimera
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm 15 and if I'm alone (normally at night)... I'll lock the doors and close most of the windows, but if someone knocks at the door I'll answer it.

I have a gun so I'm alright :D

Lola Granola
02-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't feel very safe at all and I'm scared of walking alone at night. I live in Seattle and lately there's been a lot of crime. 10 minutes away from where I live a young woman got stabbed to death right in front of her apartment a few weeks ago.

I'm also 10 minutes walking away from my college campus where a double killing, homicide and suicide occurred last year. I'm 5 minutes away from a street where at least a couple people get shot every year.

I get e-mails from police about incidents that occur around my campus, there's always muggings or random violence. Recently a young woman got her head bashed in at 7 am in the morning while trying to moving her car.

My driver's side window and passenger window have both gotten smashed on two separate occasions, each happening only within a week of each other.

Yeah I don't feel safe at all. I live by myself. But its a convenient place to live and you just have to be smart and walk in groups.

Aki no iko
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I feel mainly safe, aside from the racist family that lives to my right and left. I'm scared of walking home alone at night too.

Elphaba
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
i lock the doors and windows.
if somebody calls or knocks on the door that i do not know it do not
answer.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
In our old house, well, it's not very secured. But we try o make it secure. Like, it's not so safe. The environment I mean.
But in our new place, I feel pretty safe.

zyronet
02-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I let my dogs free to roam around the house or in the yard, doing that makes me feel secured, having them as guards or something. I also keep the doors locked and windows shut.

MissChelly
02-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Daleks are crappy conversationalists. Tried playing chess with one?

It's like,
"Me: pawn to C3
Dalek: EX-TER-MI-NATE! *zaps pawn to ashes*
Me: rook to A5
Dalek: EX-TER-MI-NATE! *zaps rook to ashes*"

Okay, sure maybe they're a bit snobby and well- have the tendency to want to exterminate things ... but they'd probably be great at Battle Ship... anyways, if you wanted to rub something back in their faces after that chess match, all you'd have to do is go up the stairs... oh wait, they can hover now can't they? O_O

Nonetheless, they'd be great at getting burglars as long as you made extremely clear who qualifies as a burglar and who the family and friends are...or else that could end up kinda bad.

manslayer101
02-02-2008, 08:41 PM
well, yes i do, for the most part, but after i broke my bokken i haven't had a full weapon, i guess if i had to a swiss army knife corkscrew could get me out of anything :D

but i am a fan of swords and other weapons, especially katanas and my favorite, the wakizashi, although sadly i cannot have those because of siblings, wouldn't want my younger brother "playing samurai" while i am off at work during the week....

why do i take precautions? because no one can be trusted, seriously

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I now feel kind of insecure in my own building, because of the amount of random teens that I don't know that solicite in the building. I lived here for about 12 years, and know most of these people's relatives, and as far as I can tell, these kids aren't friends nor relatives and that's what worries me!

prototypetetra
02-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Wherever you are, there is a possibility of someone breaking in and attacking you for your money or belongings or simply for the thrill of it. Whether you are in a rich or depressed district, it will always be a possibility.

In my opinion, the safest way to be safe is to have superior weapons in your house. Who else is supposed to protect your family, especially yourself, but you? Do not tell me that if your house is being attacked and your wife is being raped or your husband is being chopped you would look for a phone and call the police and wait or scream for your neighbors help.

Drunk_Squid
02-03-2008, 11:04 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/vicious_squid/DSCN0667.jpg

Yes I know the M4 to the left doesn't have a charging handle.

prototypetetra
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes Drunk Squid, my thoughts exactly. If everyone in the house is armed to the teeth with this much weaponry, I do not think any home invader can escape your house alive. I believe by statistics, majority of the burglars usually carry nothing more but handguns and uzi's at the most.

foxkit2409
02-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I keep all the doors locked and curtians drawn, my dog near by and should something happen, I have some form of weapon in each room, my personal favorite being my hockey stick.

Zwaztika
02-03-2008, 08:55 PM
My home is safe. But I always lock the doors. I must be careful to if there is someone whom I don't know enter my house.
Weapon??
just knife in the kitchen

nekogrl
02-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I live in the country...aka the middle of nowhere...so the chances of something happening are extremely slim...but since I'm just a "worry wort" I tend to take safety precautions.

•I keep all of the lights on. Even in daytime
•I keep my dog inside. I feel safer with him.
•I turn on music. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Not exactly a safety precaution, but it relaxes me when there's noise around.
•And last but not least, I try not to be stuck home alone in the first place.

XDD

Asriel
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I live in the country...aka the middle of nowhere...so the chances of something happening are extremely slim...but since I'm just a "worry wort" I tend to take safety precautions.

•I keep all of the lights on. Even in daytime
•I keep my dog inside. I feel safer with him.
•I turn on music. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Not exactly a safety precaution, but it relaxes me when there's noise around.
•And last but not least, I try not to be stuck home alone in the first place.

XDD

I live in one of those really nice neighborhoods,where your mainly surrounded by nice people and occasionally you'll get a mean look from your next door neighbor because hes an old man is in his 90's.

I HATE IT HERE!I wish i could just burn this place down!Create a huge fire out of everyones houses and since every house around here is very very huge,I could create an explosion by pouring vodka and gasoline everywhere!

OMg that would be so awsome.

Anyway same here in a since.I am safe pretty much.

~I turn loud music on
~I mess around with my brothers Guitar even though I don't know how to play
~I sing loudly(I practice everyday anyway)
~I don't trun on any lights
~I love being home alone,it makes me feel safe for some reason
~I have my cat here(lol)
~And plus I have a katana.

So i'm pretty much safe here^^

bankai
02-07-2008, 08:42 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/vicious_squid/DSCN0667.jpg

Yes I know the M4 to the left doesn't have a charging handle.

yep...you can never get enough fire power...but i hate guns and that's why i have a Chuck Norris just waiting to kick a**

Azrael91
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Not as secure as I wanna be.

Aizmov
02-07-2008, 05:23 PM
not very secure with thousands of illegal immigrants sneaking in every year

Drunk_Squid
02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
What would be easier? Carrying a cop on your back or carrying a gun?

Aizmov
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't care much about security. I'd rather live in liberty than in security, any time.

Indeed :)
Security, that I can do without, not that I'm not secure at home. Liberty, never! I'm not even willing to give up a bit of my liberty for a some security.

Or in better words:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Drunk_Squid
02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
not very secure with thousands of illegal immigrants sneaking in every year

My question is this...

Does the benefit to the economy provided by these illegal immigrants greatly outweigh or not greatly outweigh the cost of them being here?

I think the federal government should step it up at the border and all corrupt border related issues, including drugs and smuggling should be done away with and the country cleaned up.

Eris
02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Indeed :)
Security, that I can do without, not that I'm not secure at home. Liberty, never! I'm not even willing to give up a bit of my liberty for a some security.

Or in better words:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Oh, but you haven't seen safety nuts until you've been to Sweden. If it can be covered in reflective vests, it is covered in reflective vests. Seriously, old people, kids, EVEN DOGS!

If it, through some freak odds can cause an accident, bet your kidney it's banned, or grated off, or somehow rendered inaccessible. In many buildings, you can't open the windows above the fourth floor because you know... someone might get the idea of jumping out, and that would be bad. Same goes for bridges. They put up fences so that nobody can jump. Because, when -- if you want to kill yourself, and find you can't, you just give up and go home and lead a long and productive life.

At any cost, if it's dangerous, it people must be shielded from it! Even if they don't want to! Everyone must live until they're 120 years old! Damn the consequences. I'm just waiting for the day they put us all under house arrest to cut down on traffic accidents.

Sweden is the worlds safest dystopian nightmare.

Aizmov
02-09-2008, 10:54 AM
My question is this...

Does the benefit to the economy provided by these illegal immigrants greatly outweigh or not greatly outweigh the cost of them being here?

I think the federal government should step it up at the border and all corrupt border related issues, including drugs and smuggling should be done away with and the country cleaned up.

No, there is no benefit! Just some greedy business owners who see illegal immigrants as a way to save money! After all nothing requires them to pay them well, or provide them with health care or pensions!
They are also a waste of tax money, pay no taxes, and above that they are ILLEGAL immigrants!
To stop illegal immigration the government needs to go after the businesses who employ them!!

Oh, but you haven't seen safety nuts until you've been to Sweden. If it can be covered in reflective vests, it is covered in reflective vests. Seriously, old people, kids, EVEN DOGS!

If it, through some freak odds can cause an accident, bet your kidney it's banned, or grated off, or somehow rendered inaccessible. In many buildings, you can't open the windows above the fourth floor because you know... someone might get the idea of jumping out, and that would be bad. Same goes for bridges. They put up fences so that nobody can jump. Because, when -- if you want to kill yourself, and find you can't, you just give up and go home and lead a long and productive life.

At any cost, if it's dangerous, it people must be shielded from it! Even if they don't want to! Everyone must live until they're 120 years old! Damn the consequences. I'm just waiting for the day they put us all under house arrest to cut down on traffic accidents.

Sweden is the worlds safest dystopian nightmare.

Talk about locking people in a golden and secure cage!

Eris
02-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Talk about locking people in a golden and secure cage!

And a comfortable cage it is. No sharp edges. 400 TV channels. Cushions as far as the eye can see. A full medical team on standby in case you have a heart attack. But it's not freedom, and it never will be.

Aizmov
02-09-2008, 11:09 AM
And a comfortable cage it is. No sharp edges. 400 TV channels. Cushions as far as the eye can see. A full medical team on standby in case you have a heart attack. But it's not freedom, and it never will be.

What about income tax, I've read somewhere that Norway has something like 50% income tax, is it better or worse in Sweden?

The funny bit is, to a lot of liberals here in America, Scandinavian countries are their dream utopia.

Eris
02-09-2008, 11:21 AM
What about income tax, I've read somewhere that Norway has something like 50&#37; income tax, is it better or worse in Sweden?

The funny bit is, to a lot of liberals here in America, Scandinavian countries are their dream utopia.

Fifth highest income tax in the world, with just south of 50%. Norway is something like eighteenth. Here's a nice diagram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Income_Taxes_By_Country.svg).

Sweden isn't particularly liberal, but it's radially anticonservative. Extensive social liberties, world's most secular country, etc. It's traditionally more socialist than it's liberal, even if liberal winds have been blowing here lately with privatizations of government property etc. However, I'm uncertain to what extent this reflects the convictions of the population. Nobody seems to like the liberal government we've got right now. They've got more PR issues than George Bush at the moment.

Aizmov
02-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Fifth highest income tax in the world, with just south of 50%. Norway is something like eighteenth. Here's a nice diagram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Income_Taxes_By_Country.svg).

I dunno 'bout you, but we need more tax cuts here! :mad:

Sweden isn't particularly liberal, but it's radially anticonservative. Extensive social liberties, world's most secular country, etc. It's traditionally more socialist than it's liberal, even if liberal winds have been blowing here lately with privatizations of government property etc.

Seems like a great place to live. :laugh:

Brewmaster
02-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Me well i really don't care i just lock the main gate and thats that.I am pretty much confident in my skills.I trained myself to fight with a pole and other such long objects.I also train kick box.So if anyone wants to come in he is welcome.I also have a big dog.So bring it on.^^

Snababo
02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
The only reason I lock the door is cause my parents give out if I don't. So yeah I trust people too much. By the Way my address is ........ Yeah like I am that trusting

XxTaintedxX
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
When I'm awake and alone there always has to be noise or I'll freak.
Sometimes I get paranoid and check behind me every few seconds...
When I'm going to sleep I have to have the door closed and locked or I won't sleep...sometimes I even have to put something up against it because my door is retarded and won't fully close.
If I get insecure when I'm sleeping I pull the blankets up to my chin and act like people can't see me...(sometimes I think of scenerios of how to kill the intruder or hide)
The last resort is to leave the light on because I haven't used a nightlight in a couple of years...
(One time I went to sleep with a garlic bulk after I watched a vampire movie)