PDA

View Full Version : The Twelve Kingdoms

monika786
01-22-2008, 01:08 AM
This is actually a novel, not a manga, but I didn't know where else to put this topic...
I thought I could post it here, since it has an anime based off of it, AND, there are some drawings in the book...

For those unfamiliar with the story, I'll post a short summary from ann:

High-school student Yoko Nakajima was ever the good girl: class president, reliable student, and never misbehaved, although her naturally red hair often caused her problems. Deep down, though, she was haunted by frightening dreams and so terribly insecure that pleasing others, and getting people to like her, became her primary motivation. Her priorities change immensely when a strange gold-haired man named Keiki shows up at her school one day, pledges his loyalty, gives her a magic sword he said was hers, and delivers her into a situation where she is not only forced to fight monsters but is ultimately drawn to another world. There she finds herself changing in inexplicable ways as she struggles to survive a hostile environment where both men and beasts alike seem specifically out to get her, for reasons she is unable to fathom. And what has happened to Keiki, who promised to protect her?
http://cgi.di.uoa.gr/~std06176/naruto.jpg