PDA

View Full Version : Random Appliance .

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Has this ever happened to you?

You up in the middle of the night for some reason and then a random appliance suddenly turns on?(example:Stereo,Tv,Lamp, ect.)

Its happened to me a couple of times and it scared the bejesus out of me.

I was up reading a book, then all of a sudden the tv turned on with that fuzzy screen and it was turned up really loud.

I was so scared after that, I turned off the tv and ran upstairs.

Something like that ever happen to you?

Ball Tripper
01-20-2008, 12:17 AM
When I flipped off a fan a few nights ago the tv, which was also the only light, went off at the same time. Kind of startled me. I wasn't scared though. The worst thing hiding in the dark is me. ;)

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 12:27 AM
My mother.

Sanosuke23
01-20-2008, 03:39 AM
My mother.

You were just sitting there and your mother got turned on for no reason?

Your mother is an appliance?!

███
01-20-2008, 04:26 AM
You were just sitting there and your mother got turned on for no reason?

Your mother is an appliance?!

To some guys I am sure she is, I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of her though.

genericusername2
01-20-2008, 06:12 AM
;1950391']Has this ever happened to you?

You up in the middle of the night for some reason and then a random appliance suddenly turns on?(example:Stereo,Tv,Lamp, ect.)

I was up reading a book, then all of a sudden the tv turned on with that fuzzy screen and it was turned up really loud.

I am wondering what drugs you are on. Is it morphine?

.Lovebeat
01-20-2008, 06:17 AM
It happened that the TV turned itself OFF... I didn't really get scared but more like confused.

genericusername2
01-20-2008, 06:19 AM
That's what happens when...

The power goes out.

-Kitsune-
01-20-2008, 10:11 AM
The only time this has happened to me, I woke up at 2 in the morning and the light in my closet and my TV were on. Theres a switch in my room that controls the tapline that they're all plugged into but it was off =/

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 10:19 AM
To some guys I am sure she is, I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of her though.
Trust me, you don't. Sometimes, I feel that she is some random appliance(when I'm mad at her). My mother is over 53 years old, and I don't think your quite her age or her type! Yes, she gets, "Turned On" in the middle of the night and it totally scares me!

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Trust me, you don't. Sometimes, I feel that she is some random appliance(when I'm mad at her). My mother is over 53 years old, and I don't think your quite her age or her type! Yes, she gets, "Turned On" in the middle of the night and it totally scares me!

Your mom is weird :3

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
;1950731']Your mom is weird :3
Yeah she is! That's not even the half of it!

bug
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I remember the first time something like that happened to me. It was at night when everyone was sleeping, but I was just watching tv. I was watching A Haunting, and shortly after it finished, the tv suddenly turned of. I was pretty scared. I also remember that another time something like that happened, I got irritated cause I was so tired that I through the remote at the television. Luckily, it didn't brake.

keezy.
01-20-2008, 11:10 AM
;1950391']Has this ever happened to you?

Yes.
It wasn't exactly night but it was around 5. I was home alone and I was upstairs playing the PS2. Then I faintly heard something. The PS2 was up loud so I muted it, and when I did I heard the TV downstairs. It was up kind of loud and it was on a static-y station.
It was somewhat dark in the house because it was dark outside. There were no lights on downstairs and since I was home alone and the TV didn't usually do that, the first thing to pop into my mind was that someone else was in the house.
It scared the crap out of me >.>;;
After a while I just went downstairs, there was nothing else I could do and if someone really was in the house with me they would have gotten me by now.
I turned on almost every light in the house just to go downstairs and find no one there. >.>
The TV betrayed me.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Actually, I do remember, I was playing an RPG game on my computer, and suddenly, the computer shuts down for no apparent reason! I didn't even get a chance to save my game! And the the computer turned on 1 minute later! I hate my apartment! It took me 4-6 hours to reach that level on that game! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Princess Cupcake
01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Mmm... I wouldn't say random. But my stereo does it when the power goes out. You know, makes that loud noise that wakes you from a nice dream in the middle of the night. So I would say annoying appliance.

Elphaba
01-20-2008, 12:00 PM
the tv turned itself on one night. it gave me a heart attack because it was so loud.

Marshmallow Fluff
01-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes, everything was off except for the TV and the computer (which I was playing), and it was around 11:00 PM.

I was being happy and all, and then all of a sudden the TV turned off, and I was all like, "What the cat?"

And then I got a bit scared of the TV after that...>_>

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-20-2008, 12:01 PM
the tv turned itself on one night. it gave me a heart attack because it was so loud.

Wow.

After many posts, a reply that I was hoping for.

Beast
01-20-2008, 12:02 PM

I don't know man there are people out there who like the "nifty fifties"

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't know man there are people out there who like the "nifty fifties"
Well I'm certainly not one of them! Lol.:laugh:

JD_Himself
01-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Did you know you can set songs to play automatically on certain days with Windows Media Player? yea me neither... anyway I would be reading or something and all of a sudden Shut The F**K up by Brides of Destruction would start blaring and scare the crap outa me every tuesday evening, it took me about 3 months to figure out what was going on....slow...

Acnologia
01-20-2008, 12:15 PM
My fan has different numbers to tell how much air it blows.
I usually have it on one, but I woke up one night and it was on two.

Bluefox-chan
01-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Once when i was passed out on the couch(read: sleeping off my high on 'life')
the tv and computer came on full blast and scared the stupid out of me, completely ruined my buzz too!

i found out later my stepbro put everything on a timer ans taped me freaking out...
Bastard...

Toodles!
Foxy

Karin Maaka
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
yeah the tv always goes on by itself.

Perpetual Specter
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Sometimes the TV just comes on for no reason although one or two times the ceiling fan in the living room turned on for no reason. o_o;

Ikaruga
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Actually.... One night... It was a really odd night... Like tonight is.

It's 2:00 at night, sometime similar to then when it happened.

I was in my bedroom when I heard some rustling about, like someone was there. Obviously I thought it was my dad, so I called out. Turns out he wasn't there.

Next thing I heard was the TV button being pressed... Then I heard the static. You know, that horrible sound when nothing is on. Except it did get quite loud, and during this time I was fully awake.

So I kinda crept out my bedroom and went to the room just next to mine. The door was slightly opened, but the lights weren't on. The only light coming from the room was the television light off the static channel. So I slowly opened the door, in fear of a burgular, but I didn't see anything at first.

Now our sofa is quite large and faces the TV, so I thought that someone might be lying there, so I creeped behind and peeped, but no one was there.

Last thing I remember was the looking at the TV screen, and I thought I caught a glimpse of something black. It looked solid, like it was underneath all the static. So I quickly switched it off and went back to sleep..

But I swore I saw a girl... No joke.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 09:10 PM
My father is yet another appliance that turns on in the middle of the night, and it scares me! He has a big snoring problem, and when he wakes up, he spends 3 hours in the bathroom(that is his average time!).

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm so glad some people get what I'm talking about.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
;1951397']I'm so glad some people get what I'm talking about.
What's that supposed to mean?:mad:

Lady_Yui
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
One time my computer re-started itself for no reason when I was in the middle of typing an e-mail. I was completely confused, but not scared.

If I woke up and saw my TV turn itself on, I'd be pretty darn scared, I must say.

Kawairashii hikari
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Ued to happen a lot but not anymore. Used to be my t.v., vcr, or my cd player. O_O it used to scare me out my mind!

MissChelly
01-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh MY LANTA! That used to happen all the time at my aunt's old house. I swear, my entire family thinks that place is haunted and I fully agree.

When I used to spend the night over there, around 3 am appliances would turn on. Not just in one room... I mean all over the house. The televisions, microwaves, radios, blender, etc etc... and it'd get extremely cold out of nowhere. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. There were other odd things not-electronic related that would also begin to happen during then, but that's more for a paranormal topic... hmm. Gives me an idea...

EDIT: Drat, I was going to add a topic in the misc forum dealing with hauntings, but apparently other people have already done that, poo. lol

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Oh MY LANTA! That used to happen all the time at my aunt's old house. I swear, my entire family thinks that place is haunted and I fully agree.

When I used to spend the night over there, around 3 am appliances would turn on. Not just in one room... I mean all over the house. The televisions, microwaves, radios, blender, etc etc... and it'd get extremely cold out of nowhere. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. There were other odd things not-electronic related that would also begin to happen during then, but that's more for a paranormal topic... hmm. Gives me an idea...

EDIT: Drat, I was going to add a topic in the misc forum dealing with hauntings, but apparently other people have already done that, poo. lol

Id be really scared :3

The Paranormal is very interesting.

TheAsterisk!
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
You mean like in Poltergiest? No, but what does happen is almost as weird.
We've trained our dog to do all kinds of tricks in order to recieve treats, including the standard sit, rollover, etc, along with saying garbled words and making certain gestures. At one point, years ago, we'd taught her to turn on an old TV that had really big buttons on the front using her paw(s). After a few weeks of doing this, though, she refused to do it anymore.
Years later, we were all upstairs while the dog was downstairs, ever suspicious of the neighbors. When we went back down, she was sitting in front of the TV watching Matlock. We were all certain that the TV had been turned off before we'd gone upstairs.
As we watched her watch TV, she grumbled a bit, then walked up to the TV and hit the channel buttons on the TV several times before walking back to where she had been before, laying down, and watching some Star Trek rerun (I don't know what series it was).
We left the room immediately after giving her a treat, though she acted as if she had no idea what we'd given it to her for.

This is not a joke or mocking post, as I often create. Our dog really did this once.

MissChelly
01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
You mean like in Poltergiest? No, but what does happen is almost as weird.
We've trained our dog to do all kinds of tricks in order to recieve treats, including the standard sit, rollover, etc, along with saying garbled words and making certain gestures. At one point, years ago, we'd taught her to turn on an old TV that had really big buttons on the front using her paw(s). After a few weeks of doing this, though, she refused to do it anymore.
Years later, we were all upstairs while the dog was downstairs, ever suspicious of the neighbors. When we went back down, she was sitting in front of the TV watching Matlock. We were all certain that the TV had been turned off before we'd gone upstairs.
As we watched her watch TV, she grumbled a bit, then walked up to the TV and hit the channel buttons on the TV several times before walking back to where she had been before, laying down, and watching some Star Trek rerun (I don't know what series it was).
We left the room immediately after giving her a treat, though she acted as if she had no idea what we'd given it to her for.

This is not a joke or mocking post, as I often create. Our dog really did this once.

That must've been an odd thing to see! My dog has a bad habit of purposely changing the channels to get attention. I don't tend to see her WATCH television...well, except The Dog Whisperer- most likely because of the animals. She'll just sit, watch, and even do that cute head tilt thing. lol

Yuuichi-sempai
01-24-2008, 06:23 PM
yeah the tv always goes on by itself.

Ya the same thing used to happen to me when i lived at home so i kinda got used to it.