PDA

View Full Version : New Death Note on Adult Swim

Ball Tripper
01-18-2008, 10:12 PM
OMG. Every episode I love this show more and more. I wish I had a girlfriend that killed people...

I really wish I had tivo or something, I've missed a few of the episodes and I can't seem to find a death note torrent in english.

Asriel
01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Well the best i say is to watched it english-sub.
As long as you can read i say thats the best way to watch it actually.Or just wait until they decide to start putting up more episodes in english on some websites like Veoh,youtube.

Ball Tripper
01-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I need to convince my sister to buy the next dvd. She bought the first one with a gift card I got her for xmas. It was crazy sweet, like getting a gift for myself.

Being poor and american is tough for an anime fan. Dvd's are expensive.

Edit: you just made my day, I didn't know there were death note episodes on youtube.
Edit: Light gets lame around episode 17. =/

Asriel
01-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh(lol)I was gonna buy the dvd for christmas for myself but instead i just went and got other stuff.I never really have enough time to go out and buy dvds so anytime i watch something its mainly on the computer,or its the weekend when i finally can go out shopping (lol)

Yep, theres episodes on youtube(lol)

Ball Tripper
01-18-2008, 11:52 PM
I just watched a couple episodes on youtube. I'm having mindgasms all over the place. Light is absolutely brilliant.

Tenchi Masaki
01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Light gets lame around episode 17. =/

He gets his stride back towards later on, just keep watching.

Although I do admit that Light/Raito brings up some valid points towards his idea of a perfect world, my mindset would have to side with L's sense of justice.

We're all human so in my opinion, we don't have the right to give absolute judgement towards another individual.

DeathNote as a whole is a wonderful series (imo). I really enjoyed the manga and am currently purchasing the DVD's as well. So yeah, even though I know the outcome of DeathNote it's so good that I want to purchase the anime as well (although the ending to the anime is slightly different than the manga...or so I've heard). And although Misa-Misa is a killer she's just so adorable T ^ T! Light why must you torture her so much!

Anyways, enjoy DeathNote and enjoy the twists, turns, and Kira/Light's sadistic laugh ^^.

Ball Tripper
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
OMG it was real lame when light was good but how he gets it back together is so sweet.
edit: Also the intro music for season 2 sucks compared to the season 1 intro music. Japanese death metal with really bad lyrics *vomit*

Shin Natsume
01-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Light gets lame around episode 17. =/
Keke, thats how I felt around that episode, but he gets back in motion in later episodes. A really intense anime. One of my favorites. I've watched all of the episodes on VEOH and YouTube, thats usually the first play I go to check for anime.

Oh and I think that the opening song in season two was absolutely unratified and utterly useless, that has to be the worst anime opening ever. I do however like the ending.

StabWound
01-19-2008, 11:51 PM
I think the second opening is one of the best.

heh...

Ball Tripper
01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I just finished the series. So spoiler I guess because I wanna talk about it lol

OMG how could Near beat Light?! Near was such a little tool. I can't believe Near won where L couldn't. It was a good ending I thought. Unlike Evangelion where I was really disgusted with the quality of the ending. It just wasn't the ending I was hoping for. It was kind of sad to see such a master mind degenerate into a raving lunatic when his plans fall apart. I was expecting even after Mikami's notebook turned out to be fake that Light would be like "I still win" and then everybody drops dead cause he had an uber secret back up back up plan. Following that a really awesome ironic ending would have been Ryuk killing light anyway out of boredom with the whole situation.

banananess
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
OMG it was real lame when light was good but how he gets it back together is so sweet.
edit: Also the intro music for season 2 sucks compared to the season 1 intro music. Japanese death metal with really bad lyrics *vomit*

OMG I REALLY HATED THE MUSIC
i like the first opening a lot though ^^
anyways... i dont like the dubbed on adult swim
the voice of light is happier than it should be
and ryuks voice is scarier than it should be
and... somethign nto involving deathnote but dubbed...
like.. on a.s. they are showign bleach and i jsut decided to watch it
AND HITSUGAYAS VOICE IS UUGHHH!!!!!
dub just bothers me... whoever does the voices and stuff
need to like.. watch the anime before doing the voices!!! :banghead:

Ball Tripper
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I liked the dub version of death note a lot more than the subbed version. I think they got a really great voice to do L in english. I liked light and ryuk's voice in english too.