PDA

View Full Version : good yet bad?

lovely_gurl_of_rose
01-18-2008, 11:37 AM
i dont understand something ......in this world if we are bad then people dont like us....but if we are too good then people take advantage of us....so then why say always smile and be good...?
if people take advantage of us then will we do bad things against them or will we remain indifferent?...because if they are bad to us why be good to them...?
please think and answer this.
ill be waiting for your reply.
:eek:

Manhattan_Project_2000
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Good and Bad are constructs created by society to govern itself. "Good" behavior is that of the sheep- you make no waves, take advantage of others in a very limited way, and just generally act in accordance with the status quo. "Bad" behavior is that which takes advantage of others to a degree that is judged excessive, and just generally disregarding the commands of the status quo.

Frankly, I believe that it's better as an individual to act "good" because society is a system you must manipulate to get your desired results- bank robbers are rarely successful people in any sense of the word. However, you should assume that every person you meet may be "bad", simply to minimize your loses should that person end up being "bad". Likewise, don't worry too much about morality, but only of using the system to your advantage in the safest way possible- this may vary well entail "bad" actions.

Hypergraphian
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Ah, a subject that I've been pondering myself lately. After working for a few years, I've come to realize the harsh reality that those who make it up the corporate ladder are good liars and clever evaders of blame. It may sound like they are bad people but they are not, well, not entirely anyway. Its human and natural selection that those who are witty, skillfull and more street wise survive better. This includes possessing the ability to take advantage of others if an oppotunity arises.

Although I feel that good is always the way to live in life, being too worthy in today's society gets you no where. Its sad but true. I've even come across people who live by this saying, "As long as you don't kill anyone or go to jail why not do it?"

Due to my weak personality and being faced with the harshness of political bickering combined with the fact that some mean morons exist in this world and are taking profit out of my miseries, I have quit my job. I have yet to find the answer to all of this and am hoping to find it sometime soon. But perhaps its more of a decision I have to make rather than an answer that I seek.

Bottom line for you, it isn't that you have to be one or the other. I think that balance is something that all of us strive to achieve. In saying that perhaps I should take some of my own advice as well (>_< )

jewel2sparkle
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
i dont understand something ......in this world if we are bad then people dont like us....but if we are too good then people take advantage of us....so then why say always smile and be good...?
if people take advantage of us then will we do bad things against them or will we remain indifferent?...because if they are bad to us why be good to them...?
please think and answer this.
ill be waiting for your reply.
:eek:
Just be smart. Not everything is that black and white/good and bad. So just be smart about things. That's all I can really say about it.

bankai
02-06-2008, 04:42 AM
if one does you wrong you shall turn the other cheek... if one does you wrong after you have turned the other cheek you shall take your shotgun and blast him to smithereens... in that way all shall see that is no good doing wrongs two times in a raw...lol

███
02-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Smile, so people think you are attractive.
Be good so your conscious is clear.

Don't be either one, do what is you.

Lune Cy
02-06-2008, 06:19 AM
dont please people by angering God..simple as that

Aizmov
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
All people are good until proven otherwise, that is my rule in life.

Brewmaster
02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Always smile and be good, but dont forget to be smart and have your limits and you will not be used!Be bad and it will come back twice the price!Thats my advice!

Ramona Flowers
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
There is such a thing as an "inbetween". You can treat other as you'd want to be treated without losing your sense of identity of self-respect. o_0
You wont explode if you just say "No."

Golden State Warrior
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I just do what I do. I just smile and do good things 'cause it makes me feel good. I don't worry about other people. I don't worry about the possibly of being taken advantage of. If I did worry, I'd be paranoid. Untrusting. I'd hate to constantly feel that way.

My spirit wouldn't be in peace.

prototypetetra
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Lovely Gurl of the Rose, all that I can say to you is that it is not really important whether you are being good or bad, it is if you are happy with your own actions.

Good and bad, these are relative things, what is good to me can be bad to you; there are millions of people out there with varrying standards of what is good or bad.

Just do what makes you happy and what "you" truely believe in and not simply what other people tell you without thinking.

Similar in a little way to Manhattan's post, I believe you should understand that people will always have their own interests in mind in whatever it is that they are doing or deciding on. Just because someone is good to you means that this person really is a good person or is doing this out of the goodness of his or her heart.

Grod
02-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Good and bad are subjective terms placed on society through religion.
No one is "Good" or "Bad".

We do have tendencies left over from evolution, like greed and aggression, which are in the make-up of every human. That is why humans are imperfect and will take advantage of each other.

And the people who tell you to be good are actually the Illumnati.

Coincedence????//

sa5m
02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
It's called being two-faced. It's a dog-eat-dog world.