PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Star - Motteike! Sailor Fuku

Rizuchan
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I think I set my bar a bit too high trying to do this song :banghead: but I've worked on it for quite a while and I think I got it mostly down. These are the parts I'm stumped on.

シレンジャー
Since this song likes to use a lot of random katakana, I figured this would be
試練じゃ, like "What an ordeal!" or something of the like. Elsewhere though, I've seen it taken as 四レンジャー, as in "four rangers"

チラみせんあんてありきたり
I have no idea what "チラみせ" means. Also, is "んあんて" supposed to be "なんて"? like, another one of the song's weird little things or a typo?

うんだかだーうんだかだーう
...dur. No idea here either.

AzureDark
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I know it's none of my business, but this one's like, a monster to translate. srsly why do people even attempt to start t/ling Aki Hata stuff, not to mention Lucky Star OP...

Can I see the full incomplete draft? I promise I won't bite, I might even learn stuff from you.

AskrJun1
01-17-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm kinda lazy to dig out the CD to check the lyrics right now, but a little pointer when translating this song: It. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

Rizuchan
01-17-2008, 06:46 AM
No problem, haha. It's a pretty scary translation. The parts with question marks are the parts posted above.

About 3 cm, could that be called soft? Ha!
A uniform wrapping is not to my disadvantage at all!
Go for it? Work for it?
Win or lose, Catch & release! Yo!
The sweat (Fuu) The sweat (Fuu) in my cleavage, Darlin' darlin' F R E E Z E!!

Something's feeling sluggish, something's going down
I love you, whoops, I messed up a bit
Worry-wart, bar set too high,
Gourmet, Cut it out!

That girl jumping over there, with the flushed body
Could she be called a normal girl?
Am I the only one surprised? Give me another helping of those Tonkotsu wires, dadada!

BON-BON, cheerleaders
Let's get! Cherry pie
RAN-RAN, welcome party
Look up! Sensation
Yes! Making an impression, dot dot... asteroids
Crashed, melted, dumbfounded
Break into song, ?

Take it!
I'll definitely be the one laughing in the end
Because it's a sailor uniform. <- That's all.
Even though it's Monday!
I'm feeling down, what do I do?
Summer clothes feel nice. Oh? So! CUTE! V

3 pieces approaching, that's a tough choice!
Go for it! Its so exciting! My Darlin' darlin' P L E A S E!!

Rising, lowering
Loving, It's only right to keep it a secret!
Spoiled brat, bodyguard
Report card, get cocky and it's over!

That person stepped on my pinky, it hurts!
An exaggerated glimpse of black knee highs
Is it absolute? Is it an area? My bare legs better be smooth, dadada!

MON-MON, a legend of delusion
Let's go! Parthenon
YAI-YAI Soran song
What's up? Temptation
Yes! The feeling of giving up, $$ part time job
Search for it, find it
And you'll have no concerns with life at all!

Do it!
I'll aim for something new this time!
Even if I change my sailor uniform = me!
What about weekends?
?
Uniforms are easy = no problem!

Wind speed 3 meters, I cling to you to make it through, gyu
Your heart throbs, your stomach hurts, I'm Sugar Sugar S W E E T!!

BON-BON MON-MON Day
Let's get! Uh Uh Ah!
RAN-RAN chop chop kick
Look up! Fu Fu Ho!
Hi! Education!! Love is ABC
? meow meow
It's sunny, I'm in love, a disappointing love

Take it!
Because it's a sailor uniform. <- That's all.
Even though it's Monday!
I'm feeling down, what do I do?
Summer clothes feel nice. Oh? So! CUTE! V

I know it!
Because it's a sailor uniform. <- That's alllll.

About 3 cm, could that be called soft? Woah!
A uniform wrapping is not to my disadvantage at all! po!
Go for it? Work for it?
Then, it's a cap and jersey, ha
If my sweat, my sweat is transparent, darlin' darlin' A M U S E!!

AzureDark
01-17-2008, 08:06 AM
(I)
I think it's "rapping" not "wrapping"... because this song is like rap, it has incoherent lyrics.
>Win or lose
huh? Where did this come from? At 'sontokya-cchi & Release' I feel that's a word play with 'sontokya' contraction of 'sono toki wa'.

(v1)
Here's another reason why it's a pretty ridiculous song. You probably know that 'oishinbo' is punning 'oishinbou', mama's boy type of person, but since it's 簿 written in the kanji how the heck could you translate that?

(b1)
Ouendan != cheerleaders. You should know this...
'SHIRENJAA' is probably 'shiren ranger' which is 試練 with the -ger which has common usage in tokusatsu. It can also be what you say, since there is actually 'gorenjaa' which is a ranger team of 5.

(c1)
'motte ike' is more like "bring"...
I've always took the next line as "I'm gonna be the one who'll have the last laugh for sure"
Then "'Cuz of me sailor uniform <-- That's final."
Ahaha, you've done quite good in delivering both expressions across like the kya wa ii part.

(v3)
nah, it's a person who gets stepped on, and he says something (quote signalled with 'tte')

(c2)
The 'mi' turns it into "Try it!"
'chira mise' is er... "tease"? yea. Don't really wanna do this... as for 'arikitari' I honestly have no idea.

(b3)
that line you don't know sounds familiar... probably from another crazy song, Ultra Relax by Tomoe Shinohara. Dig that one out.

(o)
same here with 'antokya'... from 'ano toki wa'

maa, you could do for some praise to even start doing it, but her (Aki Hata) lyrics are so darn hard to do, you could go into translator wars for it <--- talking from experience

Rizuchan
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
(I)
I sort of disagree, just because らっぴんぐが制服 with "rapping" doesn't seem like it would make sense... well, I mean, I'm aware it doesn't 'really' make sense, but it would make 'more' sense with 'wrapping', I think. ^-^;
No idea where "win or lose" came from. I'm sure it made sense at the time. I probably did that line like, 2 months ago.

In a time like that, catch and release!Maybe with a footnote on that one, cause I like my footnotes.

(v1)
You apparently overestimate my knowledge of Japanese expressions ^-^; I got the translation 'Gormet" because of "oishi", thinking of it as "美味しん" probably just because that's what the fansub used and it sort of 'rubbed off on me' as the right translation. In a case like this, I'd think maybe go with "Mama's boy" as the translation and ignore the 'pun'?

(b1)
I did get the cheerleaders line! You missed it, somehow.
Is "shiren ranger" the same as "sirenger"? I just read somewhere that this line might be a reference to the video game "Fuurai no Siren" where sirenger is a class or something.

(c1)
Perhaps like,

Bring it!
I'll be the one who has the last laugh for sure!I took a pretty literal translation of "セーラーふくだからです", but I always thought the meaning of the lines, if I were to phrase it in a not so literal sense it'd be something like
"I'll be the one laughing in the end/with the last laugh, because I'M wearing a sailor uniform :P" haha. It doesn't say anything about having it or wearing it, but it seemed implied to me.

(v3)
So,

"Ouch!" says the person who's pinky I stepped on(c2)

Try it!That was easy.

My handy-dandy dictionary informs me that "arikitari" is an adjective meaning ordinary or common, so the line would be

Things like teasing are commonplace!Maybe I need a different word than 'teasing', because I understand what sort of teasing it means, but I'm not sure that translation makes it clear.

(b3)
http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/shinohra/knorelax.htm I assume?
I can't find a phrase like that in there. >< If you know something I don't here, throw me a bone. :p

(o)

At that time, cap and jerseyI can imagine arguments over this. I'm surprised any person ever even tried this song, but I guess they're all just masochistic like me.
I'm actually not familiar with Aki Hata's lyrics, so I looked her up on the search engine just now. She did Raspberry Heaven and Time Pavement, I
assume she wrote Soramimi Cake too? I thought that might be the case before I even looked, that just fits so well. She must be a creative genius or something. ...Or just creative.

AzureDark
01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
(i) mm ok. I only bothered to read through the full lyrics only lately, so it was often "rappingu de seifuku' to me.

(b1)
I'm guessing you're another one who couldn't understand "!="; it's coder language for "not equal to" since ! means "not". It's okay...
I did think about "siren" but that's サイレン so no.

(c1)
Though I really like the 'ketsuron' part as a "and that's the bottom line, cuz I said so" thing...

(v3)
"Ow my pinky!" says the guy I stepped on
That's probably quite meh since it's literal...

(b3)
in that song there's a 'a-zuntakatatta zuntakatatta' which this one here is kinda trying to similarly produce - a train sound. But after that well... incoherent noises abound. I've also seen lyrics putting some weird lines like
!&#37;^#$%!@#$!@%#!%@#^
(mmm ok, if you want an example, My Little Lover - Alice)

Oh, Aki Hata does some singing as well. I think she really knows how to produce an anison's lyric, from the loony to the deep and wonderful, and it always fits the anime it's in.

Rizuchan
01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
(b1)
Dur, sorry, I really should have known that.
Anyway, 応援団, its the name of Japanese cheering squads, right? I guess they're not exactly cheerleaders, so you're right. Instead, a translation like
"Bon-Bon, Cheering squad"
Either that or I could keep it as "ouendan" I guess, but I prefer to translate things that I can.

(c1)
I completely agree. What about...

Bring it!
I'll be the one who has the last laugh for sure!
Because it's a sailor uniform! <- That's why.
It's not exactly literal but I think it gets the right meaning across.

(b3)
Well, I can't say that I'd object to just doing something like "&*^#$*@"; makes my job easier ^-^