PDA

View Full Version : Deathnote

Drunk_Squid
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Is it any good? If you like it tell me what other anime you like also so I can sort of compare your tastes. Thanks. And also what is it mainly about?

Chrispin05
01-14-2008, 08:35 PM
yeah deathnote is really good. i'd put it in my top ten list. i also like berserk, outlastar, and cowboy bebop

xXshinigamiXx
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, the show is awesome! It really gets you thinking. There are sudden plot twists, and other unexpected things that happen. The animation is awesome, and great soundtrack too! It's on my top 3! Other shows that I think are awesome are: Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl in US), it's about a "hot line to hell" that people can sign on to on the internet only at 12:00 midnight, and they put the name of their antagonist down, and they are taken to hell, it's a great show with an awesome story, it's also on my top 3. Uhh...Full Metal Achecmist, it's my all time fav anime, great story, soundtrack, animation, awesome characters, definitely worth watching. GTO is one of my favorites, also Kare Kano, Eureka Seven, Tokyo Majin, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Samurai Champloo....To Heart, Air TV, Gundam Seed, Evangelion, and any Hayao Miyazaki film. Those are some animes I liked that stood out from the others.

bug
01-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Death Note is a must watch. It's about this teenager, Light, who finds a death note. All you have to do is wright a persons name in the Death Note and have there face in your mind and they will die. Of course, you could control them before they die, so it's pretty cool. Anyway, then there is this super detective who people call "L". Basically, Kira, which is what everyone calls Light and "L" try to capture each other. It gets even more interesting when another person with a Death Note shows up and Light and L combine forces to try to find Kira(don't forget that Light is Kira). "L" isn't the only one that wants to find Kira though. Later on, Mellow and Near also try to find Kira. I think that's just about it. Go to this site for more info. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6592
Anyway, I watch just about any type of anime. I'll make a short list. Bleach, Death Note, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, InuYasha, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Black Cat, DNAngel, Mushishi, etc.

jewel2sparkle
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
It's a personal favorite of mine, but if you are going to watch it, watch the subbed and not the dubbed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_note for more info.

DarkMoonPrince
01-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I like the show because some parts are unexpecting and scary.

GoddessDemonica
01-17-2008, 01:40 PM
death note is so amazing! i really like taht show. i watched it on youtube and now it's even on adult swim. it is very good and i would definately recamend it. ^^

onigiri princess
01-17-2008, 02:54 PM
yep totally awesome anime, stands out for originality and story (plot)
really awesome anime and manga (total must see!)
other animes I'd say you should see is:

death (of course)
bleach (fell in love with the story about ghosts, and i love anime's with ghosts in them!)
wolfs rain (wolves are just awesome!)
code geass (new work from clamp, but it's one of their best! trust me!)
ouran high school host club (very funny and one of the best high school anime's)
ann thats all i can think of but there are more i really like, but everyone already mentioned them. ^=^'