PDA

View Full Version : Death Note Pairings

Death God
01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
I searched, and was rather surprised that this wasn't a thread yet.

What Death Note pairings are you supportive of? Which pairings do you detest with every fiber of your being? And why?

For me, the pairing that I adore to death is LxLight. The two are complete opposites, and I love the phrase "opposites attract and blow up in each other's faces" because that's simply what L and Light do. They attract because of like-mindedness, and blow up in each other's faces because of opposite morals. They truly do care for each other, but in a way that they would never admit to such in the right mind. L believes Light is Kira and therefore his enemy, and Light knows that L is, well, L, and therefore his enemy.

They're supposed to try to kill/catch each other, and therefore are forbidden to develop feelings for each other. L, unfortunately, breaks this rule when he admits that Light is his first friend. Light is taken aback at first, and replies with his usual mask in place that L is a very close friend as well.

To be honest, L is Light's first true friend as well. Friend is really the wrong word, but L is the first person Light's ever been able to have "fun" with. The only person that's brought Light a challenge, and thus he cares for the insomniac.

The pairing that really irks me is MisaxLight. Light does not care for Misa. Period. He mentions countless times that he'd rather kill her off than deal with her, despite the fact that she's on Kira's side. They just... don't mesh well. A blond fangirl and an insane genius is just a no-no.

But, anyway, what's your guys' opinions?

shadow92
01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I agree, MisaxLight dont match. They never did, not even in the beginning.

GoddessDemonica
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
i agree, they just don't go together

banananess
01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
i love lightxL!!! but i really hate how L died cuz like... light was L first friend but light kills him cuz yeah...
i really hate misaxlight
1. lights too cool for her
2. shes stupid... she like... really bothers me
3. yeah.. he does use her and its kinda sad

Ball Tripper
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I typically don't like yaoi, but I really could see LightxL and not mind it. Atleast I think L would be better for light than any of the other characters in death note. I was a little dissapointed the foot massage scene didn't go any further than an awkward foot massage.

lightyagami
01-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Light x Takada?

This show was never really romantically based at all so why try to force it?

Anyway i hate yaoi and i swear to god if anyone says LightxL their gona get - reps up the anal.