PDA

View Full Version : Anime Regrets: Box Sets

NovaStar
01-11-2008, 03:38 PM
This has always been something of a curiosity of mine, However, if there's anyone else out there whom collects Box Sets: has there ever been a Box Set that you have purchased on a whim, and then did not like the series at all?

(Relative Posts Please, IE: No "No nothing" spam posts)

My ones that I regret would be

All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku TV
Chance Pop Session
Grenadier
Divergence Eve

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
No o_O;. Why get an expensive box set for an anime that you've never seen before? That's ludicrous! Watch an anime before investing in it.

小美ドクロchan
01-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah I never buy boxsets on a whim. o_o Starter sets...yeah.

rf switch
01-12-2008, 06:06 AM
The closest thing to that I've done to that is bought some old anime that I remember being good from my childhood and then regretting it because it was pretty stupid now that I'm an adult... I did that with the first Voltron set and realized it wasn't as good I remember it being when I was a kid..

space cowboy
01-12-2008, 06:50 AM
ADV boxsets are really crap, they have the worse quality with no inner sleeve just dvds shoved in.

MomijiTMO
01-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Hahaha Nova. Thanks for this.

FLCL -> I didn't get it. I still don't get it. Get out of my house now!
.Hack//SIGN -> It was a giant PHAIL. I was pretty bored after the first 4 episodes.

小美ドクロchan
01-12-2008, 10:34 AM
.hack//sign DOES start out slow but around episode 12, it really picks up.

Ωmega
01-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, I bought the Fruits Basket box set thinking it would be as good as the manga...and I was a bit disappointed. Now I dont buy a box set unless I preview the ANIME first >_>

Tenchi Masaki
01-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Strangely enough I do this quite often haha, but I normally purchase budget animes around 30 dollars and under. I love all the anime in m y collection BUT probably the one that I adore the least would be:

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Don't get me wrong, I was pleased with the series but to go on topic with the thread, I did buy this on a whim. I caught an episode on what use to be TechTV's Anime Unleashed Block (great anime block...now its gone T ^ T) and thought it'd be interesting enough to get since the series had some nice animation and decent humor.

Some animes that I've bought on the whim or just plain randomly and absolutely adored were:

Midori Days
Excel Saga
Genshiken (I did read the manga first however so that might've helped me with this purchase)
Steel Angel Kurumi

Most of my other box sets I have previewed and/or seen the entire series and just had to have it (i.e Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop) but yeah, MSAA is probably the set that I enjoyed the least, but I do give it some love once and a while haha.

It's nice trying out new anime, especially ones that you've never seen before. Since I have a decent part-time job and some money to throw around after paying for my classes/books its nice to experiment haha. But seriously, if you are looking to invest in a box set try to preview it somehow. I'm just one of those weird otakus that buys anything with nice art and a flashy cover at times haha.

NovaStar
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
No o_O;. Why get an expensive box set for an anime that you've never seen before? That's ludicrous! Watch an anime before investing in it.

Box Sets are not Expensive Nowadays and usually run between 15.00 to 80.00 Depending on the company whom dubs the series or releases it in north america, by No means are these expensive.

I know every Box Set I listed above as things I regret, have been things that I know personally are 40.00 Or Less. - and I usually spend about 300.00 A Month on Anime. so It's not that much of a loss to me as I usually have many more Hits than I do Misses.

Also: In The Long Run, you'd pay almost over 100.00 Garunteed for about a 5-7 Volume Series in Singles. - So Allow me to ask

If you wanted to Sample something: Why buy a DVD(Because all I do is buy because I despise Piracy) which will Run me about 21.99: When The Entire Series would cost me 40.00 or less usually.

It makes no sense to me (However, you may do things differently than I do, which Is why I believe it may make perfect sense to you :))

01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Box Sets are not Expensive Nowadays and usually run between 15.00 to 80.00 Depending on the company whom dubs the series or releases it in north america, by No means are these expensive.

I know every Box Set I listed above as things I regret, have been things that I know personally are 40.00 Or Less. - and I usually spend about 300.00 A Month on Anime. so It's not that much of a loss to me as I usually have many more Hits than I do Misses.

Also: In The Long Run, you'd pay almost over 100.00 Garunteed for about a 5-7 Volume Series in Singles. - So Allow me to ask

If you wanted to Sample something: Why buy a DVD(Because all I do is buy because I despise Piracy) which will Run me about 21.99: When The Entire Series would cost me 40.00 or less usually.

It makes no sense to me (However, you may do things differently than I do, which Is why I believe it may make perfect sense to you :))

I don't know about you, but have yet to see a box set that costs $15.00. Show me one, and I'll be convinced. The lowest I've seen a box set run for is $40.00. Also, I earn my money. So $40.00 is a lot for me. I'm also not incredibly rich, and don't carry $80.00 around with me every day. If you want to sample something, rent it. Get opinions on it. If you can spend $300 a month on anime than you can afford Netflix. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just personally wouldn't buy something I don't know about. Would you buy a $200 bottle of wine that you've never tasted before?

Doom85
01-12-2008, 03:23 PM

Sometimes it's impatience. I was getting sick of waiting for a Fullmetal Alchemist box set, so I bought the first two volumes. Then two days later, a box set was announced.

Don't you hate moments like that? :(

For example, I'd love to start buying Tsubasa and Death Note, but I've got two voices in my head, one saying, "BUY NOW!!! MUST WATCH!!!" and the other saying, "Be patient, you greedy maniac. You can save a lot of money if you wait for a box set."

(Note: Doom85 does not actually have voices in his head.........yet.)

Getting back to the original topic, yes, I buy box sets on a whim. If we're only talking anime, then: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Samurai Champloo, Wolf's Rain, and .hack//Sign. I've loved them all, so I've got to say that so far it's working.

Doom85
01-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't know about you, but have yet to see a box set that costs $15.00. Show me one, and I'll be convinced.

I got Naruto box sets 1-4 for $20 each. Pretty close.

01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I got Naruto box sets 1-4 for $20 each. Pretty close.

I said show me, and I will be convinced. Trust me, I will take back what I said before if I get some proof ^_^!

MomijiTMO
01-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I said show me, and I will be convinced. Trust me, I will take back what I said before if I get some proof ^_^!
I know that some people like myself like to collect anime. It's a retarded investment but I still do it anyway lol. We have experienced a price drop over here in Australia but it's still expensive. People saying that boxsets are cheap are either : collectors, computer illiterate people who haven't heard of you tube or bit torrents, or rich kiddos.

I haven't bought a boxset for some time now because I'm saving up for other things. It's amazing how much money I'm saving not buying a boxset every month.

NovaStar
01-12-2008, 09:23 PM
The Gokusen Sold for 15.00 When I bought it, It may be up to 16.00 Now: Also I bought the Entire collection of Nightwalker: The Midnight Detective for 5.00

I'll Private Message you my store for proof. go to their Box Set Section

Also: I am by No means Rich at all, I'm Disabled, and that portion of my cheque goes to my entertainment Budget. - So by no means am I rich ^_^;

jewel2sparkle
01-12-2008, 09:52 PM
I've never bought one before seeing a few episodes and making sure I really like it.
...I only have a couple though. Gokusen, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and R.O.D.

Saracin
01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Arc the Lad

Loved the video game, one of the best strategy RPG's ever, so figured I'd like the anime, but its so cut and paste. The story is hacked up and I just couldn't keep watching.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
There are USED box sets for under $15.00, but yeah, that's just my opinion. Anyways, I do kind of regret purchasing the Dragonball Z Brolly Triple Threat boxset. The first movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't long either, and as the movies progressed, they got even shorter! I purchased it for $30.00, and thought it was a smart idea, and it was the only one left, and 'cause they each cost $30.00 a piece(you are an idiot if you don't notice that they sell them individually and together on the same shelf!) Sometimes I think it's a rip-off and not really worth your time buying them like that, but it's a heck of a lot better deal than buying 'em all individually and plus, you get the box to carry them all in and the cheap price!:laugh:

ObsidianJoy
01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
The only one I've regretted so far is Sister Princess.

NovaStar
01-13-2008, 01:31 AM
There are USED box sets for under $15.00, but yeah, that's just my opinion. Anyways, I do kind of regret purchasing the Dragonball Z Brolly Triple Threat boxset. The first movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't long either, and as the movies progressed, they got even shorter! I purchased it for $30.00, and thought it was a smart idea, and it was the only one left, and 'cause they each cost $30.00 a piece(you are an idiot if you don't notice that they sell them individually and together on the same shelf!) Sometimes I think it's a rip-off and not really worth your time buying them like that, but it's a heck of a lot better deal than buying 'em all individually and plus, you get the box to carry them all in and the cheap price!:laugh:

The Gokusen(A 13 Episode Series) is 16.98 Currently.) And was 15.00 When I bought it New from Robert's Anime Corner Store. so it wasn't used at all. - Neither was Nightwalker when I purchased it, for $5.00 (A 12 Episode Series)

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-13-2008, 09:44 AM
OOops! 0_o My mistake! There could be brand new boxsets on Ebay, but I don't really trust it.

小美ドクロchan
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
A word of wise advice to eBay goers:

DON'T BUY HONG KONG BOX SETS. THEY ARE CRAP!!!

$300 a MONTH, NovaStar!? o_o You must have a REALLY good-paying job. Even if I could afford it, my parents would kill me dead if I spent that much on anime.

Tenchi Masaki
01-13-2008, 04:10 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7800472&type=product&id=1532308
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7794899&type=product&id=1532344

I knew you were probably looking for someone to link you some prices instead of telling you about their own experiences Pengin-san so here you go. Two series at a 15 dollar price range at Best Buy.

Anime is getting cheap nowadays. I remember having to purchase some Tenchi episodes on VHS back in the day and that set me back twenty dollars for three episodes and back then my allowance was 5 bucks a week! So yeah, I had to be a very patient boy when it came to investing in my otaku side haha.

I know we all have different PoV's on what's expensive and what's cheap but I thought I'd take up your challenge of finding a 15 dollar box set for kicks. So long as we all love anime, I'm sure it doesn't matter what or how we contribute to that hobby.

A rule of thumb though...if you're looking for a box set of a popular series...let's say Evangelion, then that might set you back 40-60 dollars. While we do have 15-30.00 box sets out there, the more "beloved" series will be a tad bit pricier. I'm still staring at the Samurai Champloo and Gankutsuou box sets at Best Buy but those things are beyond my spending budget on monthly dvd's (I have to allocate money to figures and video games too T ^ T). Normally when I want to get one of the more expensive series then I set aside some money every month until I can purchase it so it doesn't feel like so much of a huge purchase.

So yeah the saying is true when it comes to anime box sets most of the time (at least where I purchase them):

You get what you pay for ^^.

If you're lucky though, some budget series may actually turn out to be right up your alley ^^ *caresses Steel Angel Kurumi box set*.

01-13-2008, 04:17 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7800472&type=product&id=1532308
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7794899&type=product&id=1532344

I knew you were probably looking for someone to link you some prices instead of telling you about their own experiences Pengin-san so here you go. Two series at a 15 dollar price range at Best Buy.

Anime is getting cheap nowadays. I remember having to purchase some Tenchi episodes on VHS back in the day and that set me back twenty dollars for three episodes and back then my allowance was 5 bucks a week! So yeah, I had to be a very patient boy when it came to investing in my otaku side haha.

Thank you, I believe it now. However, overall most anime is not cheap. Unless you consider $20 for 4-5 episodes cheap. MOST anime is not cheap. I can tell you right now that if my anime and manga collection was stolen I'd lose close to $2000 worth of stuff.

NovaStar
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM
OOops! 0_o My mistake! There could be brand new boxsets on Ebay, but I don't really trust it.

Not Ebay at All. I get my stuff at an Online Store, and they're not Imported Bootlegs either. PM Me for the Link: I don't want to Advertise.

Also: To Clarify on how I am able to spend money on Anime so freely: I am Disabled and currently live off of a cheque, That 300.00 is my entertainment Budget. therefore I'm able to do that very easily. Unfortunately, like all good things, that'll come to an end someday, but I'm enjoying it for now.

Doom85
01-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Thank you, I believe it now. However, overall most anime is not cheap. Unless you consider $20 for 4-5 episodes cheap. MOST anime is not cheap. I can tell you right now that if my anime and manga collection was stolen I'd lose close to $2000 worth of stuff.

Actually, compared to Japan, anime is cheap. Your $2000 collection would cost someone about $3000 in Japan. So if anyone should be complaining, it's them, since they're the ones who make it!

Also, compared to other DVDs, anime boxsets are at a normal price. Let's see, a 26-episode series (650 minutes) will often run for $40-$50. Even at $50, that's 13 minutes a $1. When a new movie comes out for $15, it's rarely 195 minutes long. Believe me, most boxsets of anime, American cartoons, or TV shows are usually cheaper than movies in terms of how much you're getting.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
小美ドクロchan is right(no offense to the chinese! cuz I'm part chinese!) anything or most things made in Hong Kong or China is just pure crap, and are cheaply made, and guess what they are made out of?: garbage and waste materials!

Wow Pengin-san, you are quite the collector! If it were me loosing close to $2000 dollars worth of anime, I'd just die! -_-

*off topic* I've said it a few times, but Pengin-san, I didn't mean to ignore you! And I'm not sure if I'm worthy of being your friend.

01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Actually, compared to Japan, anime is cheap. Your $2000 collection would cost someone about $3000 in Japan. So if anyone should be complaining, it's them, since they're the ones who make it!

Call me insensitive, but I live in America. Not Japan. The American dollar is worth almost nothing in Japan, that's true. Japan is expensive. Unlike people can afford $40 box sets every day, I can't. End of story. I'm too young to get a job, and I don't depend on my mother to buy me whatever I like. So yeah, I don't know about you guys, $2000 or $3000, it's all expensive to me.

@Cameron - I was only teasing you XD!

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Call me insensitive, but I live in America. Not Japan. The American dollar is worth almost nothing in Japan, that's true. Japan is expensive. Unlike people can afford $40 box sets every day, I can't. End of story. I'm too young to get a job, and I don't depend on my mother to buy me whatever I like. So yeah, I don't know about you guys, $2000 or $3000, it's all expensive to me.

Thank God! You really had me there! And I always thought money in America was worth way more than Asian money? I guess that's Japan, I must be thinking of China!

01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Thank God! You really had me there! And I always thought money in America was worth way more than Asian money? I guess that's Japan, I must be thinking of China!

When I say that, I mean it'd be very expensive for someone who make American dollars to visit there ^_^;;. Everything's cheaper in China o_o.

Tenchi Masaki
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Yeah anime is not a cheap hobby and the prices for some of the more popular animes can run you down a large chunk of money. And in terms of the value of my anime, manga, and figures it probably retails around 2k-2.5k but I have a LOT of stuff and all otaku-esk items have been accumulating since I was twelve.

When I was younger I didn't even think about purchasing box sets. I just ended up leeching anime off friends and like I said, the only series I ever purchased as a teenager was Tenchi on VHS. Now that I have a well paying part-time job I can spoil myself here and there. So yeah, I just started off very slowly with my collection.

Collecting Love Hina took me two years for fourteen volumes and I struck gold when I found a comic shop going out of business with a buy one get one free sale (I got volumes 7-14 that way ^^).

Once you guys start making your own money and are still interested in anime you will be able to put in 100-200 dollars a month. For now I keep it to 100-150 dollars OR I save up for 2-3 months and go to Little Tokyo with some of my close friends. From there I can plop down 60-90 dollars for a figure *oogles at his Misa-Misa Figure*. In due time the way you look at how something expensive is may change, but I do agree Pengin-san that 40 dollars is a big investment.

Seriously even when the anime is 20-30 dollars I have a hard time choosing. I had a ten dollar coupon for Best Buy the other day and I dragged my friend with me to help me select an anime. It takes me literally 1-2 hours every single time to just bring my choices down to two to three series. From there I label the pros and cons of each...and then from there if I really can't decide I just flip a coin and hope for the best. I'm the same way with figures as well, but not so with manga since I sort of know exactly what I want manga-wise.

I'm a super stickler in terms of my purchases, but I suppose my views on expensive and cheap have skewed ever so slightly. I'm still a college student so yeah...everything technically is still expensive. Anime is a gift and a curse at the same time sometimes haha but I love it either way ^^.

Light Buster
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Fortunaly for me, I watched Suzumia Huruhi before and liked it. Unfortunaly, the box set with some accesories cost $60. Ouch. T_T (One more thing, $60?! I can by the Orange Box with that!!!)

Tenchi Masaki
01-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Fortunaly for me, I watched Suzumia Huruhi before and liked it. Unfortunaly, the box set with some accesories cost $60. Ouch. T_T (One more thing, $60?! I can by the Orange Box with that!!!)

OUCH!

I assume you got the volume 1 box + cd + box + Haruhi ribbon + etc box? The box is sturdy and can hold a lot of items though imo, and its presentation is also well done. Still in a literal sense, 50 bucks for some cardboard and a dvd is pricey.

Did you try ordering it on Amazon or ebay'ing the item? I've considered getting it as well and have seen prices start from 30-40 dollars online (shipping is normally 5-8 dollars).

Try to browse around for other deals next time to soften the blow. Anime can devour your bank account if you're not watching your finances closely ^^;.

Anyways, I bought Scrapped Princess on a whim. Whether or not it's going to end up in this thread is too soon to tell. I like the animation and the choreography of the fighting so far. The only gripe I have is that it throws in too many terms/houses/nobles/creatures at you that its hard to keep track of.

I'm hoping it has a somewhat unique conclusion since I already get the feeling I know what's going to happen at the end haha.

Light Buster
01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
OUCH!

I assume you got the volume 1 box + cd + box + Haruhi ribbon + etc box? The box is sturdy and can hold a lot of items though imo, and its presentation is also well done. Still in a literal sense, 50 bucks for some cardboard and a dvd is pricey.

Did you try ordering it on Amazon or ebay'ing the item? I've considered getting it as well and have seen prices start from 30-40 dollars online (shipping is normally 5-8 dollars).

Try to browse around for other deals next time to soften the blow. Anime can devour your bank account if you're not watching your finances closely ^^;.

Anyways, I bought Scrapped Princess on a whim. Whether or not it's going to end up in this thread is too soon to tell. I like the animation and the choreography of the fighting so far. The only gripe I have is that it throws in too many terms/houses/nobles/creatures at you that its hard to keep track of.

I'm hoping it has a somewhat unique conclusion since I already get the feeling I know what's going to happen at the end haha.

Got it from my JS Anime Store. Using my discount card. Price is still pretty darn high. Yes, it came with DVD, CD, Haruhi ribbon, and etc.

Tenchi Masaki
01-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I was sooooooooooooo tempted to get it during AnimeExpo last year for 45 dollars but since I already had the series on a burned DVD I just figured I could spend the money on a pricey Haruhi figure...*stares at Haruhi Bunny Guitar PVC 1/6 scale Model o_O*

I seriously would have bought the 1/4 PVC Model if they had it in stock during AnimeExpo and the price....haha I'd rather not discuss it.

I'm sorta regretting buying DeathNote Volume 1 since I have the entire manga series but I figure I should check out the anime...and it came with a Ryuk Figure so I didn't have a Ryuk Figure yet....so yeah haha.

It's still wrapped in its plastic and I still have the reciept to return it but I don't think I will...probably will unwrap it after I finish Scrapped Princess ^^. Now I have to order the next Vol of Deathnote + Figure...UGH that's gonna kill me in the long run haha.

小美ドクロchan
01-17-2008, 11:05 PM
I also bought that Haruhi set XD. Actually it went like this:

*Chiibi Dokuro-chan shows Haruhi eps 0-2 to her best friend, Mai-Lynn*
Mai-Lynn:OMG this show is awesome doyouhaveanymore!?
Chiibi: LIEK I KNOW um no let's go on youtube!
*we go and see no eps thar.
Us: D:
Chiibi: Okay I'll download it!
*we try to download and it's like...fifteen minutes....0.1%....
Mai-Lynn: Wanna go to Best Buy and get it? I'll drive!
Chiibi: YES!
*we go and find it*
Chiibi: Crap Special edition! 56 bucks! And they don't have plain ol volume 1!
Mai-Lynn: Ouch...so...no then?
Chiibi: It's so cool...>_>but it's a lot of money.. <_<.....but if not, we can't see eps 3 and 4...>_< but's it's a lot of money...but look how cool the box is! and you get a pencil board and a transfer!! Cool! But still....
Mai-Lynn: You're not gonna get it then?
Chiibi: >_>
<_<
>______<
D**N IT! *pulls out her wallet*
XD

I can understand the price...it's not just a nice cardboard box and DVD, it's a DVD, a box, a single CD, a two-sided shitajiki (pencil board), a ribbon, an iron-on transfer...er..yeah..makes sense to me all right. XD

NovaStar
01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
I was sooooooooooooo tempted to get it during AnimeExpo last year for 45 dollars but since I already had the series on a burned DVD I just figured I could spend the money on a pricey Haruhi figure...*stares at Haruhi Bunny Guitar PVC 1/6 scale Model o_O*

I seriously would have bought the 1/4 PVC Model if they had it in stock during AnimeExpo and the price....haha I'd rather not discuss it.

I'm sorta regretting buying DeathNote Volume 1 since I have the entire manga series but I figure I should check out the anime...and it came with a Ryuk Figure so I didn't have a Ryuk Figure yet....so yeah haha.

It's still wrapped in its plastic and I still have the reciept to return it but I don't think I will...probably will unwrap it after I finish Scrapped Princess ^^. Now I have to order the next Vol of Deathnote + Figure...UGH that's gonna kill me in the long run haha.

Hopefully this will clear up the "Names" Issue with Scrapped Princess

Every name of a character, Like 'Casul" or "Mouser" or "Chester" and various other characters in the series? are all named after Guns so everything you hear is reallly a simple play off of a Gun Name.

Tenchi Masaki
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I also bought that Haruhi set XD. Actually it went like this:

*Chiibi Dokuro-chan shows Haruhi eps 0-2 to her best friend, Mai-Lynn*
Mai-Lynn:OMG this show is awesome doyouhaveanymore!?
Chiibi: LIEK I KNOW um no let's go on youtube!
*we go and see no eps thar.
Chiibi: Okay I'll download it!
*we try to download and it's like...fifteen minutes....0.1%....
Mai-Lynn: Wanna go to Best Buy and get it? I'll drive!
Chiibi: YES!
*we go and find it*
Chiibi: Crap Special edition! 56 bucks! And they don't have plain ol volume 1!
Mai-Lynn: Ouch...so...no then?
Chiibi: It's so cool...>_>but it's a lot of money.. <_<.....but if not, we can't see eps 3 and 4...>_< but's it's a lot of money...but look how cool the box is! and you get a pencil board and a transfer!! Cool! But still....
Mai-Lynn: You're not gonna get it then?
Chiibi: >_>
<_<
>______<
D**N IT! *pulls out her wallet*
XD

I can understand the price...it's not just a nice cardboard box and DVD, it's a DVD, a box, a single CD, a two-sided shitajiki (pencil board), a ribbon, an iron-on transfer...er..yeah..makes sense to me all right. XD

Oh yeah, I know it came with all that good stuff, probably I just saw it as a box since I already have all the cd's and eps on a burned DVD and hard drive. The iron on is nifty but the ribbon...ummmm don't think I can sport that ^^;. Extremely funny story though Chiibi, so dedicated to watching anime T ^ T!

I did not catch onto that NovaStar, that helps out greatly! Kind of like how DBZ used Vegetables to name some characters.

Mostly, I was talking about just the overview of the backstory to Scrapped Princess. Things like "Peacemaker", "Special Forces", and more are all terms they sort of throw at you and expect you to make sense of (but perhaps they will explain it at a better time). It's not really hindering my viewing of the anime just a small nuisance I suppose, and I will reserve final judgement until I complete the series.

Thank you though for the help.

小美ドクロchan
01-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Dedicated, oh yes! :laugh: Glad you enjoyed my story. That's really exactly how it went. XD Yes, true, guys should not wear ribbons ever. XD Since I am a girl, I could wear it. :3 I wore it around the house all day and got weird looks from my mom and dad. XD

NovaStar
01-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Dedicated, oh yes! :laugh: Glad you enjoyed my story. That's really exactly how it went. XD Yes, true, guys should not wear ribbons ever. XD Since I am a girl, I could wear it. :3 I wore it around the house all day and got weird looks from my mom and dad. XD

;_; My friend wore that Ribon once :( he looked quite fashionable

小美ドクロchan
01-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I do hope you are joking. XD

NovaStar
01-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Nope :p He actually wore it and looked good in it xD

ghost_in_the_shell
02-08-2008, 08:55 PM
YES!!

GASARAKI!!!

That series looked so darn cool - and the theme song was frikken amazing. It gave me chills the first time I watched the preview!

I ordered the box set and paid over $100 for it.
I suffered though it. Disappointed.

kiseki~
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah... I think I bought this box set of PeachGirl once.... It was okay, but the manga kind of sucked.

Andy-X
03-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Abenobashi magical shoping arcade,i read the manga and it was good,but when i got it on DvD,I realy wanted to return it back.
(couldn't realy find the reseat.)

blueangel06661
03-14-2008, 02:16 PM
I've never bought a boxset or a normal anime DVD without knowing the show first. Usually I watch the show, become a fan, then go out and buy DVD's & Boxsets for it ^-^

And yeah, It gets expensive. Most of my boxsets [if not all] cost about $50 I saw one boxset that ran at $40 when the last I saw it was $50 so I bought it [kaleido star season 2]

My Boxsets:

Inuyaha Season 1
Kaleido Star Season 2 [Working towards season 1]
DN Angel complete series
Midori no Hibi [Midori Days] Complete series

I'm pretty sure thats it.. Not sure xD

Legend Saber
03-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Gunslinger Girl and Maburaho.

They were both very decent series in their own rights, mind you, but I probably could've spent the money better. I tend to purchase the majority of my anime on a whim anyway. It's foolish, but works well enough. XD

ghost_in_the_shell
03-14-2008, 06:38 PM

Ok. Let's stop :ninja:'ing this guys thread.

The box set I regret most is Gasaraki.

I bought that series on the preview alone. I thought the opening song was amazing. The preview is actually great - but the show itself couldn't live up to it. I found it very boring.

That's the only set I regret buying.

I have a large collection that is ridiculously large.