PDA

View Full Version : Copying FF7: Advent Children

_CTA_
01-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Well, I don't know which section shall I put this thread, so I just put it in Misc.

There's this Korea singer called Ivy (I USED to be her fan) she made a video for one of her song, Temptation of Sonata (or the other way around) and OH MY GOD it's 99% copying!

By the way, she got sued for 10 million Won. (I don't know how many dollars is that).

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiM29NZtOeU

It's such a nice song... But too bad it's copying.

poison.ivy
01-05-2008, 05:02 AM
well, honestly, I like the video and I think it was actually a cool idea, not to make AMV but to make a real video from an Anime. it's pretty original, and I must say I like it. But she definitely should have ask for permission from the FF authors to do it. No wonder she got sued. oh well. not the 1st or the last, right?
And I'm not just saying this because her name is IVY!! ^.^

_CTA_
01-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Theres no originality from copying. -_- She didn't take any permission, that's why.

I hope this will not happen again! ><

gaburieru
01-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Why are so hard on her? Since when did copywrite laws matter? This made me laugh. Share It;)

Kloud_Seven
01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow, all she did was re-create a Advent Children scene in her video, no big deal.

darkjester
01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
That actually was awesome!
The video was basically the same until the end, that was different- but considering AC is my favorite movie it was enjoyable to watch some live action. (And the piano part was all copied as well, so not only did this girl need permission for the FF7 part but also for the medley played.)

I like her voice though.

.Lovebeat
01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I think the video was pretty cool... but what was not cool was that she didn't ask for permission and imo copyright laws are pretty important. See what happens if you don't follow them? You get sued. ;D

Magisha
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I remember that music video! I loved it. . . Because it recreated a scene from FF:AC, of course. . . ^^

Oh my! . . . I didn't know she didn't ask permission from the people of FF, because it clearly is from Advent Children. . . O___o

That's not cool. . . =(

It's a nice idea for the music video, but she should of definitely asked for permission.

_CTA_
01-06-2008, 07:05 AM
@megami91 & megisha: Totally not cool. =(