Pablo Miranda
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
You mustn't doubt inmediately when you start running
It is ok to pursue only a goal without looking back

You are not alone on the green field
Gather that courage and go forward!

Face any hard thing fighting!,
and you'll be able to turn it some day into a bright dream,
because if you try to extend your wings into the vast sky, you'll surely (surely) take off

There are surely moments when things don't go well but,
you have to gaze forward without turning back

receiving the violent wind from the front in all your body,
go forward fiercely through the sun's tomorrow

and you'll be able to turn it some day into flapping wings,
because you'll try to never (never) forget that day when you promised to sky

and you'll be able to turn it some day into a bright dream,
because if you try to extend your wings into the vast sky, you'll surely (surely) take off

and you'll be able to turn it some day into flapping wings,

because you'll try to never (never) forget that day when you promised to sky

Oh, oh, youth dreamer
Oh, oh

AceNoctali
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Oooh, a Captain Tsubasa song ! Quite rare to see an English-speaker knowning this manga (but, since you're apparently from Uruguay, I understand better, since it was succesful in South America).

In fact, where do you have problems in the translation, exactly ? It seems very good overall. Just two notes (but don't forget, I'm not supra-experimented, so don't take my suggestions as given, and wait for confirmed Japanese-speaking members) :

* "You are not alone in the green field"
I would have said "on the green field".

* "you have to look forward and don't turn around"
I would have translated this as "Only gaze forward without turning back".

Also, me thinks leaving a footnote in the translation for pointing out the fact the words "oozora" and "tsubasa", which are the name of the main protagonist (Oozora Tsubasa), and were lost in the translation, would be nice.

Pablo Miranda
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh, yes, you can't imagine how I like captain Tsubasa.

Here in Uruguay we call them "Los supercampeones" and it was very successful.

About your comments: you are right, I should have sayed "on the green field", sometimes I mix myself up with "in" and "on" because I speak spanish and in my language are very similar hahahaha.

Then the other one, both of the translations are very similar, so if you want to correct it, it is ok for me, no problem, go ahead!

Oh yes, something else, I know Oozora Tsubasa is the name of "Oliver Atom" as they call him in supercampeones. I just considered those words as words because they fit better in the translation

AceNoctali
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh yes, something else, I know Oozora Tsubasa is the name of "Oliver Atom" as they call him in supercampeones. I just considered those words as words because they fit better in the translation

Of course those two words should be considered as words, that was the way they were meant to be in the song. But what I wanted to say, is that they weren't used by coincidence : they're iconic of the character and thus of the series.

That's why, since they'll be lost in the translation no matter what, a footnote in the translation, of the likes of this : "In the Japanese script, the words "Tsubasa" (= "wings") and "Oozora" (= "Vast sky") are also the name of the main and iconic character of the series", would be a nice addition.

On a side note not related to the translation, in France (where Captain Tsubasa, as "Olive et Tom" in the anime version, was uber-successful), Tsubasa was also named in the anime Olivier Atton, whereas in the French version of the manga, the Japanese name was kept.

Pablo Miranda
01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Ohhh now I understand. Ok, I'll add that note at the bottom of the translation, so that everything is complete!!!!! ;) I'll also make the corrections you told me and then I'll give you some credit when it is posted on the site!!!!!!

I have another song to send of Captain Tsubasa, the most known of all in the series I guess. "Moete hero".

I'll send it when I finish it