PDA

View Full Version : Death Note Mikami Sakujo...

lightyagami
01-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Do you think the dub will say "delete" or "eliminate" when Mikami says sakujo in the anime? My vote is for delete, but when subtitled it says eliminate.

onigiri princess
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
lol well um i think 'eliminate' sounds cooler ^---^ my votes on that, sometimes the dub can be a little screwed xD but oh well it's a dubbers world after all, it's a bit funny sometimes.

jewel2sparkle
01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
It better be eliminate. Or I will be even more upset with the Death Note dub than I already am.

L***
01-01-2008, 11:28 PM
eliminate

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
01-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Probably "eliminate" even though "delete" sounds cooler XD!

But the real question is, is Misa's song going to be in English? I hope it isn't... I really hope it isn't.

Fetal Fetish
01-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Eliminate, definitely. Delete is so...I dunno, it sounds wrong. o.o

lightyagami
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Probably "eliminate" even though "delete" sounds cooler XD!

But the real question is, is Misa's song going to be in English? I hope it isn't... I really hope it isn't.

I get nightmares whenever thinking about that xDDDD.....

Incase you don't know what we're referring to, we're talking about when misa sang that song in the middle of an episode after light told her to eliminate criminals. ( i forget which ep)

onigiri princess
01-05-2008, 10:03 AM
you never know it might sound nicer in English XD (or worse but i still like the song, i like the piano from it mostly XD)

_CTA_
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
It's Eliminate.

FYI, his name is Mikami Teru.

Death God
01-13-2008, 12:20 AM

I'd love to see what they come up with for that song if they decide to dub it. But I agree with you, I really hope it isn't.

Anyway, eliminate would fit the sound better, but I'm not so sure if he ever really says it to have the lip movements count. Delete makes him sound more like a robot, while eliminate sounds harsher. I think eliminate would be the better choice.

And much love to Teru-san! I really hope they give him a fitting voice, though it doesn't look likely seeing what they did to Light, L, and Misa.

Asriel
01-13-2008, 12:22 AM
It better be eliminate and if the songs in english i might just have to skip that part.

banananess
01-20-2008, 10:52 PM
It better be eliminate. Or I will be even more upset with the Death Note dub than I already am.

yeah the dubs seriously suck
FOR ALL ANIME
anyways... i think it wont be either of those cuz...
the way i figured it they make words match by syllables
but if i had to choose eliminate
sounds so much cooler

Ball Tripper
01-20-2008, 11:09 PM
I think eliminate would be cooler than delete.

Maybe it's because I don't speak japanese but I don't think anything would sound as cool as when he chants sakujo in the sub version. I've got that stuck in my head. I think I'm going to yell sakujo the next time I kill somebody.

Inactive Account 0061
02-17-2008, 06:50 AM
they should not dub it. end of story!