PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on a line here...._.

小美ドクロchan
12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
「気にはなっていたんです」

Is it "ki ni wa natteitan desu"? Like "It's been bothering me?"

Or is it "ki ni HAnatteitan desu"?

I'm confused because I've never come across a "wa" for "Ki ni naru" @_@

Help would be awesome. =D

AzureDark
12-30-2007, 08:50 PM
yea it's 'ni wa', what's different from the usual 'wa' is that the subject marker (the purpose of the 'wa' particle) is now the noun + ni; i.e. what's "about" the subject, not just the subject itself. It's really hard to make this distinction when you translate it into English. I'm not that good in academical explanations either -_-;

おい小美、俺だよ俺、あずちゃん。もう反逆者になったみたいなあずちゃんorz

tetekmakhang
12-31-2007, 03:21 AM
what AzureDark said about the pronunciation is correct.
but in my opinion, it looks to me like theres something else implicitly said in that sentence

like for example it could be: 気にはなっていたんです(がちょっと高いですね)
i do like it but it's a little bit expensive

but i won't be able to figure out what's supposed to be in those brackets unless u give us the whole dialogue.

EDIT: made a mistake translating....please see my second post below

小美ドクロchan
12-31-2007, 12:32 PM
:offtopic:

OMG IT'S AZUCHAN!! I sent you a PM. XD

Right, well it's a line in a manga...a boy is talking to a girl's aunt after the girl collapsed from exhaustion. The boy says um...."I told her not to push herself" and then he says that line.

tetekmakhang
12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
lol....sorry i misread 気になる. i accidentally read it as 気にいる.

anyway, from the situation u gave me, i'd translate it as:

it DID bother me.....
(but i didn't wanna say anything / but i didn't wanna stress her out even more / but i didn't wanna make too much of a fuss / etc.)

its impossible for me to exactly figure out what was implied in that manga from just your 2 lines of explanation. you'll have to figure out what should come in the brackets yourself, but i have a feeling it's along the lines of the suggestions i gave.

but one thing for sure is that, when u put a は in a sentence, u stress that part of the sentence, and that naturally means that there's another part to that sentence.

like for example if i were to say "i DO enjoy going to the pub with my mates..." you'd probably think "but what? you don't have the money? you're too busy?"
see what i mean?