PDA

View Full Version : Help with posting lyrics?

Itsumo-Anya
12-29-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where to put it.

I've romanised a song that I want to upload to the site, but whenever I try it says that I 'at least need the English lyrics'.

I haven't got level 2 on the Japanese tests, and even if I had I don't have enough faith in my Japanese ability yet. But I thought that, since I have passed level 1, I'd be able to submit romanisations of songs?

I tried mailing the staff, but that was over a week ago and I haven't recieved a reply yet.

What to do?

AzureDark
12-29-2007, 11:40 AM
What it meant by the "English lyrics" on that column is if the song is actually already in English. If you are only Lv1, you can only put stuff on the left column. Don't check the rest of the column (though you can if you have the kanji, those are on the right.

Itsumo-Anya
12-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Well... whenever I try and submit the romaji and kanji, it says on the next page: "Some fields were missing. At least the english lyrics are required. Click 'back' to re-enter.".

I haven't checked the middle column for the translation... D:

Sorry about the trouble ^^;

AzureDark
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Then I guess it's how you have submitted - from which page did you click the submit page on? This is just a guess in my part. But please try again and see if it works.

Itsumo-Anya
12-31-2007, 06:50 AM
First I tried to submit from the main page since there isn't anything by that artist already on here, and then I went into the J-pop section and tried from there.

I thought maybe I was doing something wrong too, but I read and re-read the rules, and tried loads of different things...

AzureDark
12-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Tell you what, make another account at AnimeForum and go for another test. Tell me what happens when you try submitting with the new account.

Anyaaa
12-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Well... I tried with this account and it still won't work =/

Hmm...
I left three boxes empty: series title, song description and song footnotes.

But it doesn't seem to have a problem with me not filling those... it just says I need English lyrics.

x_X; Is there some other way I could submit my transliteration?

AzureDark
12-31-2007, 01:12 PM
...ohh duh, I guess you need the series title, since every lyric goes to a specific one. Seriously, what kind of song are you trying to submit? I'll suggest you a title.

I guess it goes to a generic error page if you didn't fill the series title.

Anyaaa
01-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Dah... I'm so stupid x_X;

I put the artist's name in the series title box and it went through.

I'm so sorry for wasting your time!

VraieEsprit
02-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Actually, I have had that happen also, and it wasn't to do with other fields left blank. It was just the system getting itself into a fit on IE. When I did it on Mozilla it was fine, so I assumed it was just another one of the bazillion things wrong with internet explorer :P

Not that I've submitted much to the site as yet, but I just thought I should mention that I've hit that wall before also :)

Vraie