PDA

View Full Version : Nihongo wo Linux de kakukata ga dou dekiru?

Ertai87
12-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Dewa...saikin boku wa Windows wo yamete, Linux wo tsukatte hajimeru (Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10), demo nihongo wo kakukata wo shiranai. Tomodachi wa shitteiru, demo 2-3 shuukan no mae ni kanojo ni hanasenai, kono daigaku no gakki wa owatta kara. Dareka shitteiru? Arigatou gozaimasu :D

Unknownymous
12-20-2007, 11:07 AM
でも読みはできるの?

このサイト (http://anthy.sourceforge.jp/)を発見

試みるください

(In case you have problems viewing Japanese on your Linux machine, just click the link. It's supposedly an IME program for Japanese. I can't try it out myself since I'm not on Linux.)

AzureDark
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
そうです。私も今、Anthyを使っています・・・

Ertai87
12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
ああ。。。僕は見つけた! ありがとうございました! でも。。。Windowsにはもっとかんたんだろう 。。。

Aizmov
12-20-2007, 10:49 PM
いらっしゃい

welcome to the world of GNU/Linux, welcome to free software

-- though I managed to get an idea of what you were saying, my Japanese (lack of) doesn't allow me to reply back in Japanese :(

btw Gjiten is an excellent Kanji/Japanese-English dictionary
you should be able to download it through Application>Add/Remove

Windowsにはもっとかんたんだろう

well Windows might seem easier, because well you are used to it.
Ubuntu is not hard, but different. The learning curve is quite fast, in couple of days if not less you'll be very accustomed to it, you'll never want to use Windows again. Unless you are into PC games :)

Ertai87
12-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Nono, I mean installing Japanese on Windows is easier than on Linux...I have no problems with Ubuntu (yet)

Datenshi
12-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Meh, I see Japanese isn't the only foreign language spoken in these parts. <-crawled out from under a rock last week.

MistressPookyChan
12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
it's ok to slip into English if you think it will help. They did try to keep it in Japanese, though.

Ertai87
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I think he's referring to Linux as "a foreign language".

Also, I had something weird happen to me. I asked on the Ubuntu forums, but nobody seems to have the answer. For anyone who uses SCIM (the Japanese input tool on Linux), when you go into System Monitor, under the item "scim" (just scim, nothing else), what status is it? I think mine used to be "sleeping" all the time, but recently it turned into a zombie, and I'm wondering why, since it appears to be working properly and I didn't change any settings. And if yours isn't a zombie, what's the terminal code for it (mouse over the system monitor entry and it'll tell you the terminal code).

MistressPookyChan
12-27-2007, 09:02 PM
oooh ok. :) ignore me then!

Ertai87
12-27-2007, 09:23 PM
oooh ok. :) ignore me then!

I always do! ;) (please don't hurt me...)

As to the question, I found out it's an x-session-manager problem, not an SCIM problem. Do let me know if you have the same issue though.