PDA

View Full Version : The Movies

hunter_682
12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Has anyone been to the movies lately and seen anything worth mentioning? I recently saw Timber Falls, and it was an awesome horror film. I went with a couple coworkers from universal and it scared the hell out of me. www.myspace.com/timberfallsmovie
Let me know!

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Nah, I haven't been to the movies since The DaVinci Code came out.

Jose
02-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I have seen most movies out right now I dont any of them I kind of what to see the movie [U] Jumper [U]

Ball Tripper
02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
The last thing I saw was Cloverfield. It was pretty good. Not outstanding, but worth seeing in the theatre. I wanted to see In the name of the king but it isn't playing in any theatres within 50 miles so I figured it really sucks.

Next movie I'll probably see is Jumper.

SGI
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Last movie I saw was Atonement, and that was probably the best movie I have seen in a long time. I was made to read the book and was very pleasantly surprised by it. The movie is a wonderful adaption with an absolutely brilliant cast.

Saoirse Ronan is definitely a young actress to look out for. I really think she could go places. Her performance is comparable to Anna Paquin in The Piano.

Jose
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
The last thing I saw was Cloverfield. It was pretty good. Not outstanding, but worth seeing in the theatre. I wanted to see In the name of the king but it isn't playing in any theatres within 50 miles so I figured it really sucks.

Next movie I'll probably see is Jumper.

You liked Cloverfield I did not the camera angles are really bad and in the end they all die just one of them lives

NinnaMoon
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I saw First Sunday, staring Ice Cube, Katt Williams, & Tracee Morgan. It was good. This movie might be kinda old news but I liked it so I mentioned it, hehehe!

~Ninna-san

Raidou Kuzunoha
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I haven't been to the movies since my sister took me along to see X-Men 3.

That doesn't mean I don't want to see any of the recent movies. I just don't feel like paying for the ticket.

Asriel
02-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I haven't went out to see a movie since the mist came out =_=

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Though I've heard half the movies these days aren't worth seeing, I still wish I could go to the movies. -_-; I'm broke, how am I going to live off anything if I have no money?! Wait, my parents still support me. And when I had my job, I worked soooo hard for such little pay. I even skip meals *_*. Anyways, I wish I could see Meet the Spartans, and that new movie with that Hayden Christian guy that was filmed in the Roman Colliseum. The only other movie that was filmed in the Roman Colliseum, was Bruce Lee's the Way of the Dragon, which was 36 years ago. -_-;

Gandizzl
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

Go see it. It's fantastic.

Buruku
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Last movie I went to see was Cloverfield, then before that AVP 4 (I got drug to it by the bf) and also Sweeney Todd.

Through the first 20 min of Cloverfield I felt like I was watching an episode of "The real world." I enjoyed the movie, but I can't see it being one of those flicks I watch over and over again.

Silver_Kiss
02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

Go see it. It's fantastic.

I want to see that. I've seen a different version, and the singing was much better compared to what I've looked up, but I still want to see it.

I saw August Rush recently, Critics hated it, I loved it. Extra special for all you musicians ^_^

Opinionated
02-07-2008, 09:58 PM
The last film I saw was National Treasure 2, and I am quite hopeful for the future of the movies, with The Dark Knight and Iron Man and Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspain and Hancock, and I've heard rumors of a movie series based off of The Hungry City Chronicles.

Fabala
02-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Last movie I saw was Atonement, and that was probably the best movie I have seen in a long time. I was made to read the book and was very pleasantly surprised by it. The movie is a wonderful adaption with an absolutely brilliant cast.

Saoirse Ronan is definitely a young actress to look out for. I really think she could go places. Her performance is comparable to Anna Paquin in The Piano.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I think people have misconstrued this movie as a straight romance, and it is far, far from it. In fact it is a brilliantly written, beautifully portrayed story on how with innocence there comes misunderstanding, and how this can lead to ripping apart lives by their very seams.

Yes, watch Saoirse. She'll next be seen starring as Susie in "The Lovely Bones." For anyone familiar with the book, you know what a challenging role that will be.

Gizoku
02-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I went to the movies Sunday, saw The Eye, but its not really that great of a movie....D< Curse you all that went to Sweeny Todd...;-; I wanted to see that.

Fabala
02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
The Eye? See the original. It's actually pretty creepy. I can't imagine Alba pulled off anything more than "huh?"