PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and driving

Musaki
12-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Does drinking and driving really take people's lives? I mean if that was so speed wouldn't play a role in a car crash or kidz jumping up and down on the back seat. Yes drinking is bad for your health and for other people's health too but you cant say that is what causes accident if clearly it is the guy behind the steering wheel

MomijiTMO
12-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Clearly you have never met a drunk person. When I'm gone, running is a pretty hard task and concentrating is harder.

Drink and drive = retard

Sushi Love
12-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Does drinking and driving really take people's lives? I mean if that was so speed wouldn't play a role in a car crash or kidz jumping up and down on the back seat. Yes drinking is bad for your health and for other people's health too but you cant say that is what causes accident if clearly it is the guy behind the steering wheel

Its deffenently has to do with the guy driving, because he desides how many drinks he has, knowing the risk. So mostly its human error, but the liquor is the pinn for the gernade.

Musaki
12-18-2007, 05:22 AM
true a drunk driver is a retard but you should be pretty retarded to drink and drive clearly drunk drivers are idoits before they get a drink or two

Sushi Love
12-18-2007, 05:25 AM
i think retard, is to say the least.

Musaki
12-18-2007, 05:47 AM
yeah thats true retards would out smart them no problem:(

SexyLilSeaOtter
12-18-2007, 05:48 AM
i would drink by itself
i would drive by itself
i would NOT drink and drive
however I have drank and then drove but thats a different story
honestly it doesn't impair you as much as they say but it still does to a degree of how drunk you are

Musaki
12-18-2007, 05:56 AM
ok so you would agree that speed plays a part along with driving skill :unsure:

███
12-18-2007, 06:10 AM
ok so you would agree that speed plays a part along with driving skill :unsure:

Of course it does, just hopping into a car plays a part with crashing. Who is to say you aren't going to speed when you are drunk?

Musaki
12-18-2007, 06:21 AM
:lol2: Good point and do not forget children jumping on the backseat :bounce: they can kill you :wasntme:

dream magician
12-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Well, those are both causes....
Drinking then driving is not a good combination.,

genericusername2
12-18-2007, 06:33 AM
It all depends on the driver. If the driver is a stupid douche bag, then yes if s/he were drunk you can expect all hell to break loose.

However I drive completely smashed off my face all the time, and I still drive like a pro.

Musaki
12-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Dream I agree and everyone here agrees but what do you think can also be causes of a car crash I m we have alchol,speeding and children

Wio
12-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I think if someone got a head shot on you while you were driving, there might be a crash. Also a previous crash could become an obstacle that causes more crashes resulting in a pile-up.

If someone cut your breaks or put nails on the road, you also would have less control and thus a higher risk of crashing.

Caelus
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm surprised drinking and walking hasn't taken my life yet. So yes, it does. I've been hit by a drunk driver, the guy was hammered.

Wio
12-18-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm surprised drinking and walking hasn't taken my life yet. So yes, it does. I've been hit by a drunk driver, the guy was hammered.
Yeah, one of my gripes with drinking is that when people were drunk they wouldn't just stay inside someplace. I used to work at McDonalds for the night shift and some drunk person would always come to dirty up the lobby or cause trouble. If that wasn't enough, you had to drive home 20 mph under the speed limit so that you didn't accidentally hit some drunk person stumbling about.

Musaki
12-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Drunks that drive are idiots no doudt about it and not only by driving but if seen three drunk black guyz pee on a electrical wire and they didnt live to see tomorow

Caelus
12-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Drunks that drive are idiots no doudt about it and not only by driving but if seen three drunk black guyz pee on a electrical wire and they didnt live to see tomorow

So, you actually saw three people die, via electrical fence? Is that what you're telling me? Yeah, ooookay >.>

Kishiro
12-18-2007, 08:50 AM
I can see that no one has stepped in to mitigate the damage this thread is doing to minds, so I suppose I shall for poops and giggles.

And also, what the hell at this post. lol

Who sits around watching for people to pee? Especially on electric fences? Are you sure you didn't just see this on the news or something?

Anyway, listen-- alcohol impairs your judgement, your depth perception, and your vision concentration (blur, spinning rooms). It is also a system depressant. Of COURSE it plays a major roll in accidents involving drunk people driving. To think or suggest that it isn't such a big factor is nothing short of silly and wishful thinking.

End of story!

Tired of seeing this thread run around in circles.

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
12-18-2007, 09:49 AM
*Points to the guy above and nods* Finally someone that just gets to the point ... Of course drinking and driving takes people's lives seeing as the retard behind the wheel of a car that decided to drink isn't able to think clearly. There's no way at all that someone who's drinking and driving can also know what speed they are currently driving at, they could be driving at around 110 mph and a crash at that speed ... well what's the chance that someone is going to survive that?

All in all, it's stupidity anyway to drink and drive ... basically if you're going to drink, get someone to drop you off so you're not driving ... stay at a nearby friend's house or get a damn taxi or bus. There's a better solution to driving home when you can't even walk in a straight line *shakes head*
I've seen drivers speeding about that have nearly hit into me and they were sober, I dread to think what they'd be like hammered behind the wheel thanks.

Hypergraphian
12-18-2007, 10:27 AM
my question here is have you ever been drunk? or high? anyone who's ever been there and done that can tell you its dangerous... even people who haven't will tell you its dangerous... speed is another factor yes and so are the million other factors that causes drunk driving... if you're debating on which is the main cause I would say the drinking starts the ball rolling cause it makes you uncoordinate and depending on the degree of consumption, irrational...

International 4-8818
12-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I can not believe that this is a serious question. Of course. Alcohol inhibits the correct thinking patterns that a normal person would have.

███
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM

It's not often I don't know what to say to a post, you must be the uber epic pro.

DOOM!
12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
You don't drink and you don't even drive, so shut up before i bop you one between the eyes!

Khanxay
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM

It's not often I don't know what to say to a post, you must be the uber epic pro.
I'm still trying to translate what the thread starter is saying...

Zidarri
12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
It depends on how drunk you are. Some people can concentrate better than others when drunk, as well. But drinking and doing anything is pretty stupid, as more often than not, your judgment is impaired.

Your driving skill and car-speed have nothing to do with a drunk driver killing or injuring a fellow driver.

Eris
12-18-2007, 03:31 PM
The problem isn't the drinking part, but the driving.

Crash into someone with a supersonic fighter jet, and they are gone, and so are you. Also, throwing up in the oxygen mask is a very bad idea.

Mow someone down with a SUV, and they're gone, if they cross the street on their feet, or in their car. You survive, but end up with a hefty DUI bill, or jail time. Also, your license is revoked.

Mow someone down with a bicycle, and they're not gone, but you wake up with bruises in the morning. You might end up with a recklessness in traffic bill, but that's it. If you're super-unlucky, you break your neck and become a quadriplegic

Mow someone down on your feet, and they're not gone, and you wake up with a bump on your head.

Ergo, walking drunk >> bicycling drunk >> driving drunk >> flying supersonic fighter jets drunk.

Baka
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Drinking and driving is stupid. Of coarse it takes lives. When I am drunk I can barely walk.

Exquiro
12-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Drinking slows your reaction time and dulls your awareness of pretty much everything. If something happens it's highly unlikely you're gonna be able to slam on your brakes fast enough to prevent it because by the time the thought actually reaches your brain, you're already ploughing through their bonnet, their stomach, or their bike, with them on it, which has flipped over your roof and is about to hit the tarmac in 0.05 seconds. You're also more likely to drive through red lights because you're not paying attention. A lot of people are reckless when they're drunk, things like "hehe, let's drive fast because it's FUN" are more likely to pass through your mind and forgetting to pull over when you hear sirens is probably a common mistake.

In short; drinking and driving = you stupid ******* idiot.

Acnologia
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Of course! You heard of the Statistics, those couldn't have been gathered without the deaths of many.
Where I live, theres crosses on some land by the highway for people who got killed there by drunken driving.

sataned
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Of course drinking and Driving takes lives!!! sometimes...
usually teenagers ive noticed.. teens that barely know how to drive...
ive seen tons of older folks drive drunk tons of times and make it to their
destinations fine (*my dad=__=)...
anyways I wouldnt recommend it ! ! !
i know i will never do it... i can barely Drink and walk!!!
KEEP IT HERBAL!!
//peace

Snowscala_Xx
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
i mean when the driver is barely awake and half passed out. Ill be amazed if they drive from A and arrive safetly to B with a drunk driver.

The Wing Man
12-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Tons of people drive drunk and don't have car accedents, but tons drive drunk and do so It's just best not to go driving if you have had too many.

Musaki
12-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Tons of people drive drunk and don't have car accedents, but tons drive drunk and do so It's just best not to go driving if you have had too many.

Yes the guy behind the wheel depends on his driving skill to get himself somewhere safe:rollt:

Myrra
12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Wrong! They guy/girl behind the wheel depends on luck/fate/chance to get him/her home safe.
One day that luck will run out and he/she will have to deal with the consequences of having killed someone. Drunks tend to survive due to the fact that they're far too relaxed to tense up at the moment of impact.
Anyone who drives after drinking deserves to have their license revoked. Though I doubt that will really stop them.

Beast
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Of course drunk driving takes lives. Ever watch the news? >_> Though I don't care much about people who died while driving intoxicated. After those last shots of whiskey or last bottle of beer, you walk to your doom and unlock your coffin. 'Cause when you step inside, chances are you won't be coming back out.

DOOM!
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Wrong! They guy/girl behind the wheel depends on luck/fate/chance to get him/her home safe.
You are SO POORLY forgetting body consistency, previous meals and imposed self-control.

Aaah, at the great spite of this thread, i would like to annunce that i just went on a 5 Mile drive after havig had two beers for dinner, visited a relative, had another beer and a glass of cheap whiskey, and now i'm back here, on my desk, having vodka again.

Eternal_Love
12-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Its simple when you drink dont drive. If your lucky, you wont have an accident but for many they do and most of the time it always ends up with someone losing there lives. Its just plain stupid to drink and drive.

genericusername2
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
If that wasn't enough, you had to drive home 20 mph under the speed limit so that you didn't accidentally hit some drunk person stumbling about.

You drove 20mph so you could spot out the drunks randomly stumbling about and purposely hit them you evil bastard.

DarkMoonPrince
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, drinking and driving is bad, Although I don't like the idea of that, There are certain levels where you could be drinking and also driving at the same time, Like put yourself a limit so you can still concentrate on the road. Yes drinking+driving = retard, obviously. people have to learn to control themselves. They can't ALL be stupid, right?

jewel2sparkle
01-18-2008, 01:24 PM
I can not believe that this is a serious question. Of course. Alcohol inhibits the correct thinking patterns that a normal person would have.
Seriously. It's not that hard to figure out.

Yes drinking is bad for your health and for other people's health too but you cant say that is what causes accident if clearly it is the guy behind the steering wheel
...what???? What exactly do you mean by this? I don't even really understand this. If the guy behind the steering wheel was drinking...then yes, if he has an accident, his actions of drinking was most likely the cause.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I believe in karma, as in: everything will come back to haunt you eventually, and you get what's coming to you in time. My story:

Mac was a college student from Lenox. He decided to come to our Carpentry class because Lenox's carpentry sucks! He was a rather shallow, ignorant, and arrogant young man, believing that he was sooooo smart, and had more self-control than others. I think some of his intelligence whent to his foolish head, and that's what lead to what happened next... Noone really appreciated him and people regarded him as a "Jerk, Smartass!" They respected him only, but still thought he was a jerk. He got what's coming to him for being the insensitive jerk he is! He was drinking and driving one day(smart kid now, huh?!) and crashed into a tree, totalling his car, injuring himself badly, and falling into a long, month long coma. He lost partial memory when awakened. His memory is back now, and seems nicer...hey, I like this new, nicer Mac better! Anyways, drinking anddriving is stupid, and whoever does it is stupid, so I say, just don't do it! The police are cracking down on criminals these days, and they will find you!!!!:ninja:

Musaki
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
guyz stop posting to this thread and can the retard shove his/her bad rep up his rear end plz Because little does he know this is a long forgoten thread no one is posting but him/her

Lady_Yui
01-25-2008, 10:28 PM
guyz stop posting to this thread and can the retard shove his/her bad rep up his rear end plz Because little does he know this is a long forgoten thread no one is posting but him/her

Actually, you were the one who brought it back after a week of inactivity.

Future_Defense
01-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Does drinking and driving really take people's lives? I mean if that was so speed wouldn't play a role in a car crash or kidz jumping up and down on the back seat. Yes drinking is bad for your health and for other people's health too but you cant say that is what
causes accident if clearly it is the guy behind the steering wheel

Drinking slows down reflexes tremendously and damages the brains ability to make rational decisions. It is "true" that the drink did not "cause" the accident, but it was the prevailing factor. Perhaps if the man was not drunk he would not have been driving 80mph on a 30mph zone, and maybe he wouldn't have smashed into that pole head on. We may never know.

EDIT Sorry Musaki, I didn't read the thread the whole way through, so I didn't see your polite request to stop posting. Again, I am sorry.

Azel
01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
That Is Bull! By The Way I'm Typing This In A Van With 22 Brittle Old Ladies, 34 New Born Kittens, And 57 Infants While Chugging Malt Liquor And Vodka. Oh Crap A Treeggvabhi.

Gaara's True Girlfriend
01-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Its deffenently has to do with the guy driving, because he desides how many drinks he has, knowing the risk. So mostly its human error, but the liquor is the pinn for the gernade.

Yea, I agree, the drinking is what ultimatley caused it, cuz if the driver would have been sober, he prolly wouldn'y have been speeding....

Sanosuke23
01-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm still speechles about the "three black guyz" and the electric fence.

How close were they that that worked? Were they standing in a puddle to begin with? The mind boggles.

Oh, and post to spite Musaki, Lorekeeper of the Three Black Guyz.

Gaara's True Girlfriend
01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
y'all need to leave Musaki alone man!!!!!!!!!!! Lay off if the topic annoys you, then don't get on it!!!!

Sanosuke23
01-26-2008, 11:29 PM
y'all need to leave Musaki alone man!!!!!!!!!!! Lay off if the topic annoys you, then don't get on it!!!!

Who's annoyed with the topic? I just don't like people telling me not to post in a thread.

Gaara's True Girlfriend
01-26-2008, 11:42 PM
all I am saying is that it isn't right to gang up on her. people are bad repping her cuz they don't like her, and that isn't right......

Ami~chan
01-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Drinking and driving certainly can cause a crash.

I once went to a camp when I was in sixth grade. They had this cool activity where we could drive a golf cart around this mini-track while wearing beer goggles, to simulate what it would be like driving drunk. When I drove, I had the hardest time keeping the cart straight and making sure I didn't hit the cones.

Keeping drunk people off the road is a good thing, no matter how you look at it.

Sanosuke23
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
all I am saying is that it isn't right to gang up on her. people are bad repping her cuz they don't like her, and that isn't right......

Ah, well I haven't bad repped her personally, but I assume others expressed their freedoms differently.

Ooh, I've seen those Beer Goggles before, I always wanted to try them.

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-27-2008, 12:32 AM

:closedeyeAt least you capitalized your I's.

-Kitsune-
01-27-2008, 07:25 AM
;1957631']:closedeyeAt least you capitalized your I's.
Somebody should change your title to "The Capitalization Nazi"

As for this thread (I only read the first post so I'm not gonna comment on everything else that people are arguing about o.O) Yeah of course drunk driving causes crashes. My grandfather was killed by a drunk driver, plus my dad is currently serving 3-5 years for various repeated charges, involving "Drunk and disorderly conduct" and quite a few DUI's. They wouldn't punish people for it if it wasn't that dangerous, right?

Oh and Ami~chan, I tried those drunk glasses before too. In our health class, we had a week just about alcohol abuse and we all had to try to walk in a straight line with them on. Obviously, I failed ^.^;

Sharingan Warrior 91
01-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Drinking and driving! Realy bad combination for sure!:ninja: :cool:

Perpetual Specter
01-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Imo drunk driving can most certainly be a cause of a crash.It would be the drunk person's fault normally in a crash because they know what alcohol can do to them and yet they still choose to get out on the road, putting their lives at risk as well as everyone else's lives around them.A drunk driver is basically a disaster waiting to happen.That's how I see it.This is only my opinion.