PDA

View Full Version : is it worth to die for animes and mangas???

shirogane_hitsugaya
12-16-2007, 09:53 AM
i was bored...so i asked this for fun....a diversion of the popular question-money or your life?..........so.....anime/manga or your life.......give up anime/manga, you live your life without them...if you die,you die......:laugh:

i'll choose anime/manga...cause life is worthless without them.....what is my life without them??????:(

kill me if you want...i know that i'm crazy....:banghead::banghead::banghead:hahahaha... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Unknownymous
12-16-2007, 11:58 AM
o_O

Well this is a weird question. If you ask me, no material item on this world is ever worth dying for. I'm not even going to touch on more philosophy than that.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
12-16-2007, 01:01 PM
No. Because if I were dead, I couldn't watch anime o_O;.

小美ドクロchan
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd say no because lately, my own works have become more important to me. XD; But as Unknownymous said, no material item is worth dying for. =/

Fenrisulfer
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
id just play video games instead.

Jose
12-16-2007, 06:17 PM

yay noods head

anyway anime/manga is fun but it is not worth anyone's life if you think that it is i'm sorry i think that is kind of sad

BuLmA
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM

Gimme five P-san!^^ she's right!...Life is precious and besides I'm afraid to die.

Asriel
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Listen to the P-San!
She knows what shes talking about^^

If I were dead I couldn't watch anime anyway,so like whats the point?

shirogane_hitsugaya
12-19-2007, 02:31 AM
....yeah we can't watch animes if we're dead...but if i live without animes...........i....i....but i still think that what's the meaning of my life.....WITHOUT animes/mangas.....but now maybe,i'll change my mind...........i still can live with other dramas and tv series....;)but i still love anime/mangas the most....

i know...i'm crazy....:banghead::banghead: kill me if you want to...

Hideki Motosuwa.
12-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I wouldn' t die over something like anime and manga!! Don't get me wrong, I like anime and manga, but will definately not die for them!!! If I can't read or watch anime or manga, I'll just workout and practice marital arts all of the time!!!!!:closedeye

SuXrys
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
O_O Okey... Even if I find anime/manga amusing, I wouldn't give up my life for it.

Kyokuns_true_Love
12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
For some people it is... For some it isn't. After reading what everyone else said, I'm not sure which I'd pick! @.@

Tenchi Masaki
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
As much as I love anime and manga, it's not worth dying for.

However I was asked a similar question along those lines by my friends:

Would you give up your true love/life partner/love of your life/etc. for anime?

Haha well to simply answer this question, and surprisingly it was pretty easy to answer this question

I will provide both of my answers to this question seeing as you can look at this through two perspectives (at least I can only see two ways to look at this):

1. Yes, for the one I love I would give up anime, my most sacred hobby and past time. No questions asked, I would do it in a heartbeat regardless of whether or not the last chapter of Bleach is going to come out next week or Naruto will have it's two hour series finale airing next month. The perspective I'm looking at is the literal sense of the question which is choosing between Love or Anime.

2. The second way to take a look at this question would be if the love of your life gave you an ultimatum:

Either you give up anime
OR
He/She leaves you

In that case, then no I would not give up anime. Why? Because the person I love will accept me for who I am or at least tolerate this hobby of mine. She does not have to come with me to conventions or converse "shonen/shoujo" titles with me but she has to just accept that this is something I love to do. If she tried forcing me out of anime then honestly....she is not my true love.

Well I basically popped another question that could possibly serve as its own thread, but I'll just try to lessen the clutter on the boards by posting this thought along with my answer to the thread's original topic.

Living>Anime (although I have been known to say the exact opposite, but that's just the inner fanboy talking, he knows nothing of this thing we call "the real world").

sa5m
12-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh my goodness.

What kind of question is this?

Of course life is more important than anime and manga! Anime and manga is just a genre of art. There are many more things to life than that. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness... Love. Compared to those things, anime and manga mean nothing to me.

Princess Hoshi
12-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Really odd question. o.O; I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this...

Well, to be completely honest, no. Finding your role in life is much more important. Anime/manga is alot of fun and really nice, but would I never just go and die for a material possession.

Anbu Root Sai
12-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Really odd question. o.O; I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this...

Well, to be completely honest, no. Finding your role in life is much more important. Anime/manga is alot of fun and really nice, but would I never just go and die for a material possession.

Well put Princess Hoshi. Why would you ask a question like that?..The answer is obvious.

Clawdia
12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Uhm, well of course not. No matter how obsessed I may be about an anime/manga series, I wouldn't risk my life to obtain something to do with one.

Konata Izumi
12-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Um. That's one of the weirdest questions I've come across. I mean seriously, dying for a bunch of cartoon shows that kill your eyesight if you spend hours watching ?
Also, there is a choice called 'emo' it's a step before dying, but meh. ;p
Furthermore you could just go out and watch some non Japanese cartoons or dramas can't you?

I really hope no one debates with me about this, sorry people, I'm not in the mood to the debate with anyone. >>;

Lune Cy
12-23-2007, 02:06 AM
o_O

Well this is a weird question. If you ask me, no material item on this world is ever worth dying for. I'm not even going to touch on more philosophy than that.

enough said ^^

shirogane_hitsugaya
12-23-2007, 10:39 AM
As much as I love anime and manga, it's not worth dying for.

However I was asked a similar question along those lines by my friends:

Would you give up your true love/life partner/love of your life/etc. for anime?

Haha well to simply answer this question, and surprisingly it was pretty easy to answer this question

I will provide both of my answers to this question seeing as you can look at this through two perspectives (at least I can only see two ways to look at this):

1. Yes, for the one I love I would give up anime, my most sacred hobby and past time. No questions asked, I would do it in a heartbeat regardless of whether or not the last chapter of Bleach is going to come out next week or Naruto will have it's two hour series finale airing next month. The perspective I'm looking at is the literal sense of the question which is choosing between Love or Anime.

2. The second way to take a look at this question would be if the love of your life gave you an ultimatum:

Either you give up anime
OR
He/She leaves you

In that case, then no I would not give up anime. Why? Because the person I love will accept me for who I am or at least tolerate this hobby of mine. She does not have to come with me to conventions or converse "shonen/shoujo" titles with me but she has to just accept that this is something I love to do. If she tried forcing me out of anime then honestly....she is not my true love.

Well I basically popped another question that could possibly serve as its own thread, but I'll just try to lessen the clutter on the boards by posting this thought along with my answer to the thread's original topic.

Living>Anime (although I have been known to say the exact opposite, but that's just the inner fanboy talking, he knows nothing of this thing we call "the real world").

bravo......!!! that's a great point....why love someone who don't love what you are.....oh bother......they ABSOLUTELY don't love you if they can't watch/read anime/manga together with you or even talk about them happily.....maybe they will even nag at you when you're doing anything related to animes/mangas...right???;)

shirogane_hitsugaya
12-23-2007, 10:52 AM
For some people it is... For some it isn't. After reading what everyone else said, I'm not sure which I'd pick! @.@

it really depends on which one you love more...right?;)

小美ドクロchan
12-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Shirogane, how can you possibly state that anime and manga is your LIFE and that it's meaningless without them? o_OAre you aware of what an outrageous statement that is? I know you're just thirteen and all but STILL! What about your family? Your friends? Your hobbies and what you want to be when you grow up? Seriously THINK about it. -_-

Princess Hoshi
12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Well put Princess Hoshi. Why would you ask a question like that?..The answer is obvious.

Aww, thank you! Yes, yes. Very true. XD

Shirogane, how can you possibly state that anime and manga is your LIFE and that it's meaningless without them? o_OAre you aware of what an outrageous statement that is? I know you're just thirteen and all but STILL! What about your family? Your friends? Your hobbies and what you want to be when you grow up? Seriously THINK about it. -_-
She's right. You just can't make anime/manga you're number one priority in life. ^^;;

Aizmov
12-23-2007, 10:16 PM
nothing is worth dying for, except your nation, believes and honor

daft
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
No, never. What's the point?
Your dead before even aknowledging your glory.

jewel2sparkle
12-24-2007, 12:10 AM
kill me if you want...i know that i'm crazy....hahahaha...
"hahaha" Not Funny.

So...yeah. I'm pretty sure you got a definite answer from everyone who replied....but if you wanna hear it again....No freakin way would I die for anime and/or manga.

Baka Tenshi
12-24-2007, 12:12 AM
No. You can't watch if you are dead.

Hamashimura
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
LOL is all I have to say...

Ikaruga
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow this sounds rather epic... Not sure who it is trying to kill, or why he has to..

Normally I'd say no, but for this matter, I'll say yes. I'll die fighting for Anime and Manga against the "evil" I'm fighting against.

shirogane_hitsugaya
01-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow this sounds rather epic... Not sure who it is trying to kill, or why he has to..

Normally I'd say no, but for this matter, I'll say yes. I'll die fighting for Anime and Manga against the "evil" I'm fighting against.

well...if there IS such a war.......-against those 'evil' who wants to destroy anime and manga........i'll definitely risk my life for it......

and hey......why not i change my question for this thread to :
-WOULD YOU SACRIFICE YOUR LOVER FOR ANIME/MANGAS???

well...my answer will definitely be-to leave the so caled 'lover' of mine behind.........;)

NovaStar
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
well...if there IS such a war.......-against those 'evil' who wants to destroy anime and manga........i'll definitely risk my life for it......

and hey......why not i change my question for this thread to :
-WOULD YOU SACRIFICE YOUR LOVER FOR ANIME/MANGAS???

well...my answer will definitely be-to leave the so caled 'lover' of mine behind.........;)

If you are willing to throw away your life for something as Trivial as the Anime Industry(though we all love it) Then there's something seriously seriously wrong with you.

Your question is "Will you throw away a human life for your Anime" - it's absolutely obsurd and stupid, anybody who answers yes to this, needs to have their head checked.

I'm very sorry, but this wins Stupid Question of the year award weather or not it's "Your Lover" or "Your Life" - No Human life should be lost for something as trivial as Anime or Manga.

Absolutely Rediculous.

ghost_in_the_shell
02-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I choooose YOU life!

Pikka! Pikka!

Drunk_Squid
02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
o_O

Yes there is, like something that is the answer for the cure for cancer or AIDS or whatever, something like that.

XxTaintedxX
02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I can't answer...
because if I died I wouldn't be able to watch all the anime I haven't watched yet or the manga I haven't read yet...
I seriously doubt that heaven (or hell) has the internet/tv/dvds or bookstores...

~*Red*~
02-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I have to choose life. Dying for some drawings or TV shows is kind of a waste isn't it?

kavz30
02-11-2008, 09:47 AM
*chuckles* just for the sake of dramatics, yes, i'd DIE if i didn't get my anime/manga fix! *winks*

and a lover will come and go, at least an anime DVD or manga book would still be with ya ...

many people have their own ideas and opinions what is worth dying for. if anime/manga is worth that much to you, then stick with it *shrugs* just remember, as we progress (read grow older), our ideas and opinions also change (my fav quote from a favourite author: "My 'never' is a great deal shorter than his" ... enuff said ;)