View Full Version : Is death note real?

yeng23
12-15-2007, 01:08 AM
How does it work?
Is death note real?
How much is it if you buy one?

Variados
12-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Uh..it can be real but that does not mean it will work...But the anime exist..yes there is also two movies called "Death Note" and a comic book or manga...hehe
Just follow the instructions..of the note book
To buy one? I guess the regular diary with fancy stuff like they sell in Hot topic will be like ten to twenty dollars...quite expensive if you ask me just because it has glitter...

-Kitsune-
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
You can buy a fake/novelty Death Note at anime stores and on e-bay but it wont kill people. Its still fun to write names in it though >.> I want one...

darkjester
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Give me an offer I cannot refuse and it's yours.

Souhi
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
How does it work?
Is death note real?

A few apples, genius level intellect, and an evil laugh get you pretty far.

Give it a shot.

Hamashimura
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
How does it work?
Is death note real?

How does it work...I'll assume you haven't seen the show or read the manga,since if you have,than this question would be super stupid...
So yes,if you haven't seen it yet,then a little bit of info:
To use Death Note,you just need to have knowledge about Death Note rules (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note_Rules) ...
Everything is there...
If that's not what you've meant,then please post question properly...

Sorry to disappoint you,but no,it's not...
It's rather imaginary stuff, and can never be brought to our life...
Well,it can,but it would be just an ordinary notebook...

I don't know,since I wouldn't be spending my money on such things...

-Hikari-
12-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Lol...no matter how much I wish it was real, it's not going to happen XD (maybe when I'm long gone and dead, yeah o.0)
You can buy fake death notes online or at anime conventions, but I doubt it'll work :p You can try though...if it does, tell me =D xD
In some ways, it's quite a relief that it doesn't exist, lol. If it did, and everyone tried to kill people they didn't like, I doubt this world would have any people left in it.

jewel2sparkle
12-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Are you people serious?

shane the ninja
12-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Simple you right a name on a note saying things about death, take a pick axe any one see where I am going?

Flah Blah
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Yes, it's real so now you can never go to sleep with the same sentiments of safety ever again. Kira is watching you (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Murder).

As for where you can get the Notebook, look for it in your local pawn shop.
Although who wants a Death Note Notebook anyway?! That's just poppycock, I'd rather have a License Note (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Death_Note#Rules_of_License_Note)!

shane the ninja
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
ANime's are fictional nothing in them are real, well except the one geek who built a mecha

shane the ninja
12-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Asking is death note real is like asking when I use a yugioh card on a duel disk that is available does the monster come out

onigiri princess
12-28-2007, 02:13 PM
xD aHA, well sorry to crush anyones dream of using it, it doesn't work at ALL xD i bought mine for fun from ebay for about seven pounds and arrived before Christmas (and because of the neck chain merchandise) i played around with it when i was watching crime watch, getting names, and after a day or two, it hasn't worked AT ALL xD still it's a pretty cool merchandise if you want to cosplay with it or keep it in a collection? xD

Buruku
12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
How does it work?
Is death note real?

Yes, it is real. Send me a picture with your name and I'll show you.

lightyagami
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM

LOL! You got owned worse then L...

the_last_icarian
12-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Cool, I'll send you my English teacher's.

haku_of_mist
12-28-2007, 10:10 PM
To be honest, I'd be a bit worried if Death Note was real... :oy:

Shin Natsume
12-29-2007, 12:44 AM
How does it work?
Is death note real?
Death Note is just an anime about a notebook with the ability to kill a person just by writing their name in it. Fortunately this is all fictional. You could probably find a replica on EBAY for a cheap price.

L***
12-29-2007, 02:53 AM
I would be worried too haku if it was real. I would try to stop the one who has it.

lightyagami
LOL! You got owned worse then L...is that so.. lol

ReccaReichiri16
12-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Death Note is just an anime about a notebook with the ability to kill a person just by wrighting their name in it. Fortunately this is all fictional. You could probably find a replica on EBAY for a cheap price.

I agree with this...

Howling Star
12-30-2007, 11:03 AM
This was on wikipedia it may be real xD=p But I think this is just a sick prank >.<.

Belgium

Main article: Manga Murder

On September 28, 2007, two notes stating "Watashi wa Kira dess" (I am Kira, with "desu" being the more literal and correct transliteration of the verb) were found near the unidentified remains of a Caucasian male. Nothing was found on or near the victim besides these two notes. Belgian police are investigating the matter further.[29][30]

names red
12-30-2007, 11:18 AM
How does it work?
Is death note real?

If you really want to know then look it up it really isnt that hard to find...The rules are some what simple and if you still have worries then well be smart and watch some of the movies and read the manga...

Nami-Swan
01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
It's scary that you ask this.

MysticEntity
01-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Nice question. To tell you the truth. I imagined it being real at some point.

If it was, then I'm probably dead 1000 times already...>>..I have a line of people waiting to kill me. (I swear...I'm innocent!!..><..)

But it wouldn't hurt to write a few names in it. One of my friend wrote the names of all the teachers. They are still breathing til this very day. Somewhat disappointing, but yeah.

bri_hime7
01-05-2008, 06:13 PM
This was on wikipedia it may be real xD=p But I think this is just a sick prank >.<.

Belgium

Main article: Manga Murder

On September 28, 2007, two notes stating "Watashi wa Kira dess" (I am Kira, with "desu" being the more literal and correct transliteration of the verb) were found near the unidentified remains of a Caucasian male. Nothing was found on or near the victim besides these two notes. Belgian police are investigating the matter further.[29][30]I just typed it into Google, and I think this IS real. Anime News Network even has an article on it, and they rarely post things that aren't true:

Anime News Network -- Police Reach Dead End in Belgian Manga Murder Case (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-27/police-reach-dead-end-in-belgian-manga-murder-case)

vixen_wolf
01-05-2008, 06:21 PM
i hope your not as stupid as you sound.....its an anime kid, its not real. im shure thay have a manga and i think there makeing a live version of it but no you cant buy a real one -rolles eyes- im shure you can buy a cosplay one but it stops there.

ChibiNaruto
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
To obtain a death note, you have to know the occult's secret in obtaining one. First, you have to buy a leatherskinned journal. You must decorate the front with the words "Death Note" (it has to be some scary looking font). And then, you have to swear on your life by pricking your finger. Let the blood trickle on it for a few minutes and wait for 10 days. During that time, research the rules. Type it up yourself, and then paste it to the inside of the front cover. Start writing names, death cause and time of death.

Warning: If the Death Note does not work, it's because you're an idiot for actually going thorugh all that trouble haha.

As for the "Manga Killer", I'd laugh if it was really med school students pulling a prank. I don't doubt Death Note's worldwide popularity. It's just another way for people to play "God".

Isaac
01-06-2008, 10:15 PM
How does it work?
Is death note real?

ROFL.

Woah, are you serious? o_O;
Well, if you're serious I guess I can't ignore your questions.
-You need a person's face and name in order to kill that special someone with a Death Note. But if you have the Shinigami Eyes, you just need the face.
-The Death Note is real.....why wouldn't it be real?!
-Dude, the Death Note is priceless. Just go find it. ;)

sataned
01-07-2008, 12:26 AM
THE Deathnote is real!!!
if you want one, i'll sell you one ;D
it'll be pricey though ;D

larivermm
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Death Notes exsist, just hope you find one, by either a shinigami with nothing better to do, or a stalking shinigami. Keep your eyes peeled.

Manhattan_Project_2000
01-07-2008, 11:13 PM
How does it work?
Via a cat-toast device (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Cat_toast_device).

Is death note real?
Sure...

I dunno. Check eBay.

Roux
01-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Lol...no matter how much I wish it was real, it's not going to happen XD (maybe when I'm long gone and dead, yeah o.0)
You can buy fake death notes online or at anime conventions, but I doubt it'll work :p You can try though...if it does, tell me =D xD
In some ways, it's quite a relief that it doesn't exist, lol. If it did, and everyone tried to kill people they didn't like, I doubt this world would have any people left in it.

Anything is possible in Japan.

MissChelly
01-12-2008, 12:17 PM
That'd be hilarious though if there was a real Death Note notebook and you COULD buy it on Ebay for like, $19.99 LOL Behold the power of the internet! :P

Lune Cy
01-12-2008, 02:03 PM
its time to wake up.......^^

omniking3
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I bought one on Ebay for 89.99 but it was a rip-off, it only gave people the common cold. I mean, you could die from that...but it's not the same. It also lets me control how they get it. One of my entries...

George W. Bush
Time of Cold: 8:00 December 19th
Cause: Transmitted from Dick Cheney during sexual intercourse.

blackrosetwilight
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Lmao

Death God
01-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Bwahahaha! I'm surprised this is even a thread. Death Note is an anime. Anime are fictional. Fictional meaning it came from the mind of another person and the events within have not occurred in this world.

However, you can live in fantasy and believe that there are working Death Notes out there. Unfortunately, that would mean there are only six, as the rules say that only six Death Notes can exist as working murder weapons in the human world at a time. If a seventh enters the human world, it will not work.

DarkMoonPrince
01-12-2008, 08:44 PM
It is scary that a person would ask this, but i would say that death note IS real -.-;;

larivermm
01-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Death Notes can be taken as "real" if a homicidal maniac who writes down names in a notebook than finds them and shoots them.
It's just a thought.

Inactive Account 0061
02-17-2008, 11:40 AM
A few apples, genius level intellect, and an evil laugh get you pretty far.

Give it a shot.

and a pen is also important xD

StabWound
02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
It works like paper, you can wright and draw on it. Welcome to reality.

Souji Seta
02-22-2008, 08:11 AM
I was just strolling around then I found a very weird shop. I decided to enter because it looked kinda interesting. I looked inside the shop then I found it, a Black notebook inside a glass case. The shopkeeper approached me and said "This notebook has the blessing of the God of Death, if you wish to kill anyone in this world then this notebook is for you". I bought it at an insane price and killed so many! Just Kidding!! Of course that didn't happen, the death note isn't real or is it?

There are a lot of things we don't know about our very own world, somewhere out there, there might be a real death note just waiting for a person like Light.

But it is true I went to a store and found a death note but it wasn't a weird shop it was an anime specialty store.

LittleMomo
02-22-2008, 09:17 AM
If you want to check this link for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJF1No5JQPQ

Cat-Chan
03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Sorry! But I highly doubt that it exists..

daft
03-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Death Note is just fictional entertainment.

Sagat
03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
How does it work?
Is death note real?

Are you honestly retarded? What the hell

Cless Alvein
03-12-2008, 11:19 PM
That video was actually entertaining in a disturbing, detached kind of way. But yeah, this is going nowhere.