PDA

View Full Version : Anime or Manga?

Saiyuko
12-13-2007, 11:06 AM
In some cases, there are big differences between both.

Anime:Sometimes longer than the manga, even though most are fillers.(Example:Naruto)

Manga:Sometimes longer than the anime...in fact some go beyond the point where the anime ends.(Example:Love Hina, Elfen Lied,Genshiken)

The obvious differences are that Anime has voices, and Manga...you have to read.In most cases I prefer the anime...if I have the time though, I'll read the manga.

onigiri princess
12-13-2007, 11:56 AM
i remember a thread like this before o.0 oh well my opinion is:

anime: advantages: easy to catch up on, fast, action.

disadvantages: reading the subs at the same time, can be sometimes hard to follow.

manga: advantages:more info, explained details, understand at your own pace, fun to collect, drawing quality.

disadvantages: sometimes not satisfied after finishing (trust me i know that feeling >.<~), sometimes boring when you have to read for too long, and hard to keep in storage in a collection (like moving when your having to bring them with you)

jewel2sparkle
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
It really depends on the series. It's pretty different for each one.

Doom85
12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Hmm, between the two:

Anime:

Pros: usually more emotional, fights are more exciting, music/voices, owning anime DVDs takes up less room than owning all those manga volumes, some animes do not have manga versions

Cons: fillers (assuming they're NOT seperate episodes that you can skip)

Manga:

Pros: quicker to read than it is to watch the anime

Cons: take up more room, sometimes the manga is poor compared to the anime (like Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo).

Yeah, I generally prefer anime. The only manga I own is Fullmetal Alchemist (since it's a different story) and Tsubasa (since the anime didn't conclude the story).

TheAsterisk!
12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I usually enjoy the anime more (provided it's been dubbed), but more often I end up buying the manga because it's cheaper.
There's also a lot more manga than there is anime.