PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3, Big upset?

callumshasby
12-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Halo 3, I have it, but i think it was the biggest upset of this year! along with 'Two Worlds'.
Its just a bad game, repetative, and not much differant from the first 2.
online play is fun for a little while, then gets boring. I think i'll stick to Rainbor sx.

Derrick Remon
12-08-2007, 08:47 PM
That's why you buy Call Of Duty 4, Gears Of War, GRAW 2, etc.

International 4-8818
12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Eh, it was fun, but over hyped to the max.

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Pfft. Halo. That's all I have to say about the entire series.

Asriel
12-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Halo's cool and all but your right.
3 was upsetting.>.<

Light Buster
12-08-2007, 10:49 PM

Either that or use Halo 3's Forge to entertain yourself by putting a bunch of fusion coils and killing yourself with them.

callumshasby
12-09-2007, 04:32 AM

COD 4 is a mintt game.

Terof
12-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Halo 3 was too short :( Halo 1 and 2 were the best ones. Personally i think the first one was best ^^

Kloud_Seven
12-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I got bored of Halo 3 really quick. I find Call Of Duty 4 to be much more enjoyable.

bakakame
12-09-2007, 05:19 PM
*shrug*

To each his own I guess, though I (and something like 4 million others) love the game.

Shin Natsume
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Don't know what you guys are talking about but I think halo 3 is pretty cool. SOME PEOPLE just have bad taste...

Nineteenth
12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Halo 3, I have it, but i think it was the biggest upset of this year! along with 'Two Worlds'.
Its just a bad game, repetative, and not much differant from the first 2.
online play is fun for a little while, then gets boring. I think i'll stick to Rainbor sx.

Then you haven't played Power Rangers Super Legends. Of course Halo is going to be repetitive, all shooters are going to be that way ,there are very few ( 2 to be exact) exceptions.

But a game that people were expecting to be the omgwth sleeper hit of 07 being a complete and utter disappointment? people we dying for a new power rangers game and look what they got! -insert crying here , here and here.-

(and something like 4 million others) love the game. Halo 3 has not sold that many copies, it still hasn't out sold Pokemon RED/BLUE. Let alone sell 4 million copies.

Well... Maybe 4 million players does not equate 4 million copies sold. 40 people play off of 10 copies of the game, not to mention the resold copies.. Do the math. Lol.

Either that or use Halo 3's Forge to entertain yourself by putting a bunch of fusion coils and killing yourself with them.
That's it. You've added more to the stereotype that Halo 3 is emo. According to youtube and the internet, the most amusing thing to do in the game is to create elaborate and pointless ways to kill yourself. It's honestly Heathers the Videogame.

daft
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Halo was always meant to be a multiplayer game.

Solo play, is just no fun.

bakakame
12-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Halo 3 has not sold that many copies, it still hasn't out sold Pokemon RED/BLUE. Let alone sell 4 million copies.

Well... Maybe 4 million players does not equate 4 million copies sold. 40 people play off of 10 copies of the game, not to mention the resold copies.. Do the math. Lol.

Actually, I may have underestimated those numbers. Just looked it up and am reading 5 million copies sold (wiki info, so not exactly the most reliable source)

Saiyan Destroyer
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Post removed due to language

(_YvOnSo_)
12-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I got bored of it, too. Just wasnt fun as Halo 1 and 2. Yet, I still havent seen anything about it on Xbox Live. Heard it was pretty good.

CyraXZero
12-12-2007, 11:28 AM
liked the first....but that's it...grew old too soon and too fast for me-.-

and the hype was horrible-.-

zorarock
12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Ditto thought I'am glad for the forge option thought it was a big dissapointment as well (Hopefully that isn't the case for super smash brothers brawl)

Khanxay
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Everything that was in previous games that came back together into one, upset me. But the theatre mode and screenshots save it from fail.

The Wing Man
12-17-2007, 12:45 AM
I liked it alot, but it was just hyped up too much and that kills a game sometimes.

niKopol
12-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Halo 3 is not as much fun if your playing by yourself than playing with a friend. I enjoyed it more than I expected, though story wise nothing was really settled from what I saw.

*Spoiler*

as there are still five rings left and you don't know if gravemind is truely dead or not. But a little ironic peice,
In the opening Johnson says "One day you'll land on something as stubborn as you are." and in the ending

At the end of the game past the credits
it shows the master chiefs ship heading towards a death-star looking thing-a-majig. I found that kinda comical but not as good as Johnson hugging an Elite on the first Halo on legendary.

*end of spoiler*

So here's to Marathon or it's prequel or whatever. Cheers!

Sword
12-24-2007, 02:07 PM
What really upset me about Halo 3 was the capture the flag game. Thats all I played with my mates in the first 2 and they changed it. Now you have to take turns to attack and defend your base. It doesn't leave much room for strategy.

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
12-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Halo..is ok, I was somewhat upset about the graphics, but the A.I. was improved a bit. The online is great, but bad community. COD4 owns..way much, much more. But that's just me though.

Khanxay
12-24-2007, 11:43 PM
What really upset me about Halo 3 was the capture the flag game. Thats all I played with my mates in the first 2 and they changed it. Now you have to take turns to attack and defend your base. It doesn't leave much room for strategy.
...That is the one flag gametype. Try multi flag.

Dots
12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Halo 3 was horrible, besides Forge, that was fun. COD4 has a whole new story than the first 3 COD, and the graphics make it one of the best games ever, so far.

Light Buster
12-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I got bored of it, too. Just wasnt fun as Halo 1 and 2. Yet, I still havent seen anything about it on Xbox Live. Heard it was pretty good.

Then why don't you go find all the skulls and turn them all on in the Legendary diffriculty and play score campaign mode?

L***
12-27-2007, 02:48 AM
look at this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation. It talks about how you people fell about halo.

sataned
12-27-2007, 04:36 AM
the games pretty good.. it continues with the story and stuff... but idk.. its Halo nothing else you can really say about it, theres nothing really new about it... its just plain old halo

Brojasu
12-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Halo's cool and all but your right.
3 was upsetting.>.<
Yeah Ive done everything on it except for the metagames and got to lieutinent on online and Now its just boring

gaburieru
12-31-2007, 05:16 AM
I've always liked Halo (especially co-op). But Halo 3 is just an official fail. There is just simply no halo-feeling in it anymore...

EDIT: And story is crap

Brojasu
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
yep, it is. sux for the legendary owners

doomer4life
01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I happened to like Halo 3, considering how much crap I gave Halo 2 (which i still think is the worst of the series). The story was pretty much what I expected, the game itself was short, and online multiplayer entertained me for about a week, and yet I enjoyed it. Is it a good game? Definitely. Is it a great game? For some, sure. Is It "zOMG!!! BEST GAME EVAR!!!!1!!11!!1!? Not even close. If you have 6 hours to kill and have a friend, Co-op on Halo 3 is one of the better ways to go. I recommend a play-through at least once, because love it or hate it, you have to say it's at least worth that.

Brojasu
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
its was a decent challenge on legendary for me and 3 friends on a friday night, but thats not worth waiting at the mall till midnight and then getting up at 4:30 the next morning

Nami-Swan
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
The whole Halo series is overrated IMO.

Hanzo
01-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Halo 3 looks kind of the same as the other 2....but I am interested in testing out those new weapons they have in Halo 3.

silent_control
01-18-2008, 10:44 AM
it's very normal to see halo 3 a fail.because microsoft games like assains creed,halo3 is very populer,some funs of these games can see "halo 3" a fail.I think microsoft will get enough profit from halo3 in spite of failure,maybe they can upgrade the game with extra features later.

Ikaruga
01-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Eugh... This thread makes me want to trade in my copy of the game.. Halo had potential to be good, but it just didn't deliver.

New weapons? Only the brute weapons and that Spartan laser, as well as the ability to pick up turrets and a flamethrower (which was better in Halo).

Extras? New pick up items, armour. Skulls? Yup. Not so much going for the story too.

Off topic, Gears of War wasn't too bad, I just felt the car chase to be out of place, plus you don't get to fight that huge monster...

Go with Call of Duty 4.

MyLifeIsRandom
01-20-2008, 03:29 AM
What can you really expect from Halo 3? Halo 2 was absolute perfection. What did the fanboys want? They wanted better graphics, more weapons, more maps, and and ending to the story. Bungie responded, and that's all we really got...

Hanzo
01-29-2008, 10:45 PM
What can you really expect from Halo 3? Halo 2 was absolute perfection. What did the fanboys want? They wanted better graphics, more weapons, more maps, and and ending to the story. Bungie responded, and that's all we really got...

Yeah I have to agree with what you say.

Khanxay
01-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Off topic, Gears of War wasn't too bad, I just felt the car chase to be out of place, plus you don't get to fight that huge monster...

You get to fight him in the PC version... Although it's not too much of an epic of a battle from what I've heard.

Anyone else have a XBL friends list full of people playing COD4 all day long?

Metalhead
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
It an ok game but not as much as i would have expected.

Sanosuke23
01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm an artiste, so making elaborate makeshift deathtraps in Forge is heaven to me. Nothing is more fulfilling than making my friends emulate Team Rocket, right off the edge of a level.

bakakame
01-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Anyone else have a XBL friends list full of people playing COD4 all day long?

Nah, mine is full of people playing Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band, making me wonder what the heck I was thinking accepting their random friend invites.

SASUKE LORRAINE UCHIA
01-31-2008, 05:50 PM
IT MAY NOT BE AS GOOD AS YOU WANTED IT TO BE. IF YOU ARE A TRUE HALO FAN I SILL PLAY THE GAME EVEN IF THERE ARE SOME FLAWS I STILL PLAY THE GAME ANYWAY!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Khanxay
02-01-2008, 11:06 AM
IT MAY NOT BE AS GOOD AS YOU WANTED IT TO BE. IF YOU ARE A TRUE HALO FAN I SILL PLAY THE GAME EVEN IF THERE ARE SOME FLAWS
Sooo... if Bungie came out with a 2D flash game with horrible sprites and gameplay, you would buy it?

Nah, mine is full of people playing Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band, making me wonder what the heck I was thinking accepting their random friend invites. Lucky you. I got's all COD4. Really looking for Gears players... that live close to texas.

Count Cutflaik
02-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Halo 3 was awesome.

Fact.

Khanxay
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Halo 3 was awesome.

Fact.
Yes. "Was", until I beat it.

Count Cutflaik
02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes. "Was", until I beat it.

The online play is a high replay value. Most people solely buy Halo for the online gameplay, the campaign is just considered as side-story.

Khanxay
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
The online play is a high replay value. Most people solely buy Halo for the online gameplay, the campaign is just considered as side-story.
Online is okay. But almost all online FPSs have high replay value. But that fact the every goddamn person online plays about the same, there isn't much to experience. So in about 3-4 hours of online play, you've just about experienced everything.

bakakame
02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Online is okay. But almost all online FPSs have high replay value. But that fact the every goddamn person online plays about the same, there isn't much to experience. So in about 3-4 hours of online play, you've just about experienced everything.

Spend much time in the Forge? I generally waste 3-4 hours per map... Problem is I don't have anyone to try them out.

Khanxay
02-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I spend more time on forge and theatre mode than anything else in the game. Offline though.

I wish the controls on forge were a little easier. And that there wasn't so much of an item limit.